• Efe D.

★★★★★ Watched by Efe D. 18 Apr, 2014

Now that is a good film!

• Zim Dela Peña

★★★★½ Watched by Zim Dela Peña 09 Apr, 2014

Uhmmmm... life. I love the soundtrack, the story, and the characters.

01:18pm, 040914

• Vaishnav

★★★★½ Watched by Vaishnav 08 Apr, 2014

I expected this to be another beautiful family drama, as I loved Hirokazu Koreeda's Still Walking (2008) very much.. but this is not.. A powerful shocking drama on the life of four children after their mother leaving them to live on their own.. As the film goes on, it insanely shake us to see how their life turns out.. Very real and very hard one..

• Ally Berry

★★★½ Added by Ally Berry

I don't even --- THESE KIDS ARE CRAZY INDEPENDENT.

Incredibly real. Kept trying to tell myself that it was all completely ridiculous as tears water-falled across my shattered visage.

Kids handling adult problems makes me silently scream NOT OK.

• applepie

★★★ Added by applepie

one of the most depressing movies I have ever watched

• kylegarvey

★★★½ Added by kylegarvey

Based on a real-life 1988 incident in which four children were abandoned in a Tokyo apartment, Hirozaku Koreeda presents a less grim version of the story; shockingly, it isn't boring, and it isn't terrible. Happier but no less honest, it's altogether a very restrained, humanistic, sympathetic look at growing up. Koreeda's known for chipper, broad-based family dramas, but it's rare to see them so restrained, slow-moving, and delicately made.

Akira, Kyoko, Shigeru and Yuki are the four kids. Their mom,…

• Bruno Galera

★★★★★ Added by Bruno Galera

This movie is not for everyone. It's heart-breaking to the edge of despair, actually. At the same time, it's filmed with density, but with a calmness that adds up to the overall choking atmosphere. Beautiful but also scary. One of my favorites.

• TakaAwesome

★★★★ Watched by TakaAwesome 26 Feb, 2014

Starting to like this Kore-Eda fellow.

• ab

★★★★ Watched by ab 16 Feb, 2014

A tragedy in every sense of the word. Akira's struggle to provide for his family is heart-wrenching to say the least, and some scenes will leave you in tatters.
    Sometimes happy and sometimes dismal, Nobody Knows is something everyone should see. A sobering, emotional journey of a young boy and his siblings stripped of their innocence.

• Harry Fuertes

★★★ Watched by Harry Fuertes 15 Feb, 2014 3

Boasting strong performances by the ensemble and a heartbreaking account of real life events, Nobody Knows is a haunting tale dealing with child abandonment and the procedural life of living with children with no money, electricity, water, food, and other necessities we all take for granted. Tackling the tedium and dread of getting by barely day by day, Hirokazu brilliantly captures the horrifying life with his docu-style cinematography and subtly played out score. While it does run way overlong, with…

• karlruben

★★★★½ Watched by karlruben 13 Feb, 2014

This f***ing movie. You don’t think watching alone on a noisy laptop, with headphones on, in a dark room, is ever going to come close to watching the same film in a real theatre with other people. And that thing which happens sometimes, when you walk out of the cinema into the fresh air and feel like your world has changed just a little, taken on some veneer of otherness because of the experience you’ve just been through... it’s just…

• kungen

★★★★ Watched by kungen 28 Jan, 2014

Horrible movie, A mother abandon her kids for another man with (presumebly) his own family. The story is great and horrifying, I am finding it hard to believe this could be based on a true story even though the mother is mentally disturb or just imature. Great acting from the kids and their acting reflects the strong will to live and kids optimism to life in a very good way. Camera is great and the set is good as well.