• Jianne Soriano

★★★★★ Watched by Jianne Soriano 09 Apr, 2016

Hirozuki Koreeda draws inspiration from critically acclaimed director of Tokyo Story (sometimes said as the greatest film ever made...), Yasujiro Ozu who is known by his simplistic style and portrayal of Japanese family. Indeed, Koreeda delivers Nobody Knows with intense simplicity, precise details and raw emotions.

Inspired by true events (although fictionalized a little bit) by the Sugamo Child Abandonment Case, Koreeda presents an euphemized, less grim telling of the true events. It's a melodrama that's not depicted as a…

• Roshni Nanhkoesingh

★½ Added by Roshni Nanhkoesingh

Boring.

• Flemming

★★★★½ Watched by Flemming 31 Mar, 2016

Ein Film über: Verantwortung,Traurigkeit, Egoismus, Gruppenzwang, Pubertät, Aufopferung,Selbstverantwortung, Verlust, Angst, Isolation, Das japanische Schulsystem, Erziehung und Liebe. Unterlegt von einer stätigen Melancholie.

• paulduane

★★★★★ Rewatched by paulduane 30 Mar, 2016

One of the saddest films I've ever seen, it took me several years to work up the strength to revisit it but it has such power that I couldn't resist returning to a story that - for various reasons - is even harder to take the second time around, with the awful knowledge of what's to come looming ahead.

The decision to shoot the film over a long period of time allows the children to age realistically as the film's time passes, and Akira's voice breaks. The slow transition from child to teenager has never been so heartbreaking.

• pato

★★★★ Watched by pato 31 Mar, 2016

💔

• Nishanth

★★★★½ Added by Nishanth

My favourite Koreeda movie. Absolutely heartbreaking to watch. Features an astonishing and one of the best performance i have seen by a child actor.

• Ryan Sheldon

★★★★ Added by Ryan Sheldon

This is just heartbreaking. Very upsetting and left me rather depressed.

• Sean

★★★★ Watched by Sean 07 Feb, 2016

Truly a devestating, heartbreaking story. 4 kids get left alone by their mother, the oldest, 12 year old Akira is pretty much the caretaker of his siblings but when the money his mother leaves him runs out, things go from bad to worse. The acting in this by the 4 kids is incredible, the film is beautifullly shot but my main problem with the film was that was too long thus dragging the film to a slow crawl at times. i do want to check out more of the Koreeda's films now after watching this.

• SergeMagnavox

Added by SergeMagnavox

If you want to hate your life, watch this film. How the fuck can anybody do that to their own children?!

• GinoBiru

★★★★½ Added by GinoBiru

Depressing and brilliant.

• ramen1995

★★★★★ Added by ramen1995

Definitely my favorite koreeda film. Sad, but great.

• Alex Singhkalex@gmail.com

★★★★★ Added by Alex Singhkalex@gmail.com

Heart warming heart breaking. One of my favorites and one everyone should watch.