• Adam Grikepelis

[German version]

• Daniel Mármol

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Mármol 22 Jun, 2016

Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht aka Nosferatu the Vampyre
    , es desde ahora, uno de mis remakes favoritos y uno de los mejores films sobre vampiros, especialmente del conde Drácula, que he visto. Simplemente magnífico lo que el gran Werner Herzog
    hizo acá.

Aunque difícilmente puedo afirmar que me gustan las películas de vampiros, debo hacer una excepción con esta y con la notable obra de Carl Theodor Dreyer: Vampyr. Siendo esta última mi absoluta favorita del subgénero por la creación tan…

• Elliot Fane

★★★½ Watched by Elliot Fane 20 Jun, 2016

Probably my favourite Werner Herzog film so far that he made in the 20th century. The cinematography and imagery are all excellently crafted and very creepy. I also loved the first few scenes of Count Dracula. The third act loses the flow and eerie tone, but the film is worth a watch overall, especially those who enjoy classic horror and atmospheric filmmaking.

• Juston Chadney

★★★★ Watched by Juston Chadney 19 Jun, 2016

From the opening credits, featuring footage of real life mummified remains and some of the most haunting music ever...I knew this was going to be something special.
    Anyone who has seen the original "Dracula" (1931) and of course, "Nosferatu" (1922), the film that inspired this incredible remake knows the story like the back of their hand. This film brings the familiar story and strips it down to it's absolute bare bones, relying on visuals and an incredibly mesmerizing and creepy score to help tell the story.

• Zack Clopton

★★★½ Added by Zack Clopton

I first saw this film in the late nineties, back when AMC’s MonsterFest was still awesome. I was around twelve and hadn’t seen the original. I remember finding this slow and off-puting. Looking back, all I remembered were a few scenes: Lucy looking into a mirror, her door opening, the vampire appearing next to her. A dinner table in a town’s square covered with rats. A man riding a horse across a swirling, wind-blown desert. It was definitely time to…

• enisa_cuku

★★★★½ Watched by enisa_cuku 14 Jun, 2016

The rivers flow without knowing their course.

• ledio

★★★★½ Added by ledio

Joyce=Nosferatu

• Anthony Rebro

★★★★½ Rewatched by Anthony Rebro 07 Jun, 2016

Watched with commentary by Werner Herzog. Highly recommended.

• Avi Hanner

★★★★ Watched by Avi Hanner 01 Jun, 2016

kreepy klaus kinski vampire sex

• Matthew Roberts

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matthew Roberts 07 Jun, 2016

Can you expect a film that opens with the filming of a bunch of mummified corpses to be anything less than amazing

• Michael Woods

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Woods 04 Jun, 2016 4

In 2014, I saw the original 1922 version of 'Nosferatu', which is definitely a horror masterpiece, but Werner Herzog's 'Nosferatu the Vampyre' is something else.

Filled with a huge Gothic atmosphere and much great cinematography and music, 'Nosferatu the Vampyre' is a remake which shows that not just that Werner Herzog can do a good remake, but good remakes are possible, the film is different to the original, but it's alot more powerful as a film itself rather than just…

• Tony Rittenhouse

★★★ Watched by Tony Rittenhouse 01 Jun, 2016

The most visually stunning Herzog film I've seen to date. His use of strikingly haunting imagery, such as Nosferatu emerging from the shadows, him running through the dark streets or Lucy walking alone on the beach, are terrifying. They all create a horror mood, without including any explicit acts of violence or terror on screen. Almost everything we see on screen is the result of something horrible that happened off screen. This has a particularly eerie effect, and mixed with…