• Marco82

★★ Watched by Marco82 06 Feb, 2016

Tja was soll ich sagen. Als Fan des Originals von F.W. Murnau und der Dracula Verfilmung mit Bela Lugosi fange ich vielleicht mal mit den positiven Sachen an. Der Exentriker Klaus Kinski glänzt mal wieder mit seinem Talent und mimt den Grafen Dracula (bzw Orlok) auf fantastische Weise und kann Max Schreck durchaus das Wasser reichen. Das musikalische Thema im Intro des Films, sowie an diversen anderen Stellen im Film, ist an die original Musik des Stummfilms von 1922 angelehnt,…

• Joe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 05 Feb, 2016

I love this movie wholeheartedly, but for God's sake, don't watch the English language track. The voice acting on it is just atrocious. Even if it was filmed in english for later dubbing -- the realities of European movies at the time -- not one of the actors is a natives English-speaker and it was never meant to be seen in English. Even Herzog himself agrees. The only one who really acquits himself is Kinski -- everybody else could not sound any more lifeless.

• Shawna of the Shire

★★★★ Watched by Shawna of the Shire 03 Feb, 2016

Klaus Kinski is perfection.

• Rob Samuelson

★★★½ Watched by Rob Samuelson 02 Feb, 2016

This is a weird movie. I liked it, but it's strange. The tone is less scary than mournful, plus there's some irreverent silliness thrown in, too. The dialogue is written in the spirit of the silent version, if not lifted directly from it -- I'd have to check because it's been years since I saw that one. However, the performances are not in the same expressionistic style to pair with the lines. It creates a quiet, sad atmosphere.

• MrMars

★★★★★ Added by MrMars

Meisterwerk mit einem grandiosen Klaus Kinski und einer ebenso tollen Isabelle Adjani!

• Zac Holbrook

★★★½ Watched by Zac Holbrook 01 Feb, 2016

While I love everything Herzog did here stylistically (really enjoy the use of animals in this), I think sound unfortunately kills the scariness of Nosferatu. Still a great movie though.

• Barley

★★★½ Watched by Barley 30 Jan, 2016

Watched this for the eleventh episode of The Love/Hate Podcast. On the show, myself and my partner are looking at the 52 top-rated horror movies of all time (according to Rotten Tomatoes).

This was #42.

Certainly a weird one, with some genuinely creepy scenes. Check out the full episode to hear what we thought. Find us on iTunes, at www.barleydoeshorror.com, or by going to:

www.mixcloud.com/LoveHatePodcast/42-nosferatu-the-vampyre/

• zpohlman

★★★★★ Watched by zpohlman 31 Jan, 2016

Woke up really early in the morning and decided to watch this one. Perfect timing as dawn broke at my home at the same time as the climax. This is a beautiful film with perfect casting. Considering Herzog is such an original filmmaker, it's interesting to see him tackle a remake of such a beloved film, but I'm thrilled he did. He just nails this one, focusing on Kinski as the tortured monster predator rather than on any kind of…

• dm55

★★★★★ Added by dm55

The best vampire movie out there. Herzog absurdities abound and expectations within the genre are defied at every turn. Slow and meditative, it'll suck you in to its haunting reverie and make you scared of vampires again.

Gorgeous and repulsive in equal measure, the movie is about the two characters who represent the opposing forces, and the chaos the world will be left in when they're finished with each other.

Kate Bush snagged part of the score from this for a song on one of the best albums ever made.

• Arthur Azir

★★★★★ Rewatched by Arthur Azir 18 Jan, 2016

Um dos maiores retratos sobre a solidão e corrosão do espírito humano.

• Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright

★★★ Watched by Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright 17 Jan, 2016

Man, you'd have to have a pretty high opinion of your own filmmaking skills to remake Nosferatu. But then, what we have here is the guy who made Aguirre: The Wrath Of God. It was only while watching this that I realized, I'm pretty sure I've never seen the original, which is one of those movies I'd always thought I'd seen.

I don't generally have a lot of patience for vampire movies focusing on the lonely lot of the deathless…

• Matt Thomas

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 13 Jan, 2016

A little amateurish in places, but that kind of adds to its charm. Klinski is mesmerising, and Ganz gives good Helsing.