• Vernon Gahoy

★★★★★ Watched by Vernon Gahoy 20 Jul, 2016

"Listen. The Children of the Night make their music."

Nobody could ever rival the countenance of Max Schreck's Dracula adaptation other than that of Klaus Kinski. Looking at him while telling Harker to listen to the howls with his face foregrounded on the dark is really one of the best filmed scenes I've ever seen.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 16 Jan, 2011

An interesting combination of homage, shot-by-shot remake, and modern update. Plus that trademark Herzog insanity.

• CraigLumley

★★★★½ Rewatched by CraigLumley 17 Jul, 2016

"The absence of love is the most abject pain"

I can't adequately write about this without saying some weird shit.

• Matthew Harris

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Harris 15 Jul, 2016

This is probably my favourite take on the Dracula story.

In focusing on the pain & suffering of Count Dracula, Herzog creates a very compelling character. Klaus Kinski makes for a visually unsettling vampire, but the added depth means we sympathise with rather than simply fear the character.

The laughing man who appears sporadically throughout the movie is amazing.

• Robert Boileau

★★★ Watched by Robert Boileau 14 Jul, 2016

Stuck with it because of the repeated use of Wagner and was very happy I did, the ending was amazing!

• Judith

★★★★ Watched by Judith 08 Jul, 2016

Only Werner Herzog. Also, I want Popol Vuh to write the soundtrack for my life.

Side note: I watched the English language version of this. Let me know if I should have watched the German version.

• Sayantan Bain

★★★★½ Watched by Sayantan Bain 06 Jul, 2016

one of the most bizarre movies ever seen ............its beautiful and terrifying at the same time with haunting original score...

• minnix

★★★★½ Watched by minnix 05 Jul, 2016

very cool updated retelling of the original silent film. definitely recommend you to watch the original first, as it's the contrasts and and similarities with the 1920s film that make this such an interesting watch. they really flesh out the details of bringing the plague over that's not really explained in the original. and this the most subdued i think i've ever seen klaus kinski. great cinematography and soundtrack and that ending shot and song are iconic.

• Mike Cavaliere

★★★ Watched by Mike Cavaliere 11 Mar, 2010

Oh, Herzog! I WANT to like you. I do. And some of your stuff I really DO like -- even love. But you're so hot and cold. You give me something incredible with that first Kinski scene, then you put me to sleep with the longshots of skies and mountains. And you annoy the hell out of me with the likes of Rennfield.

I know there's method to your madness -- your good is too good to be by accident…

• Adam Grikepelis

★★★★ Rewatched by Adam Grikepelis 07 Jun, 2016

[German version]

• Daniel Mármol

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Mármol 22 Jun, 2016

Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht aka Nosferatu the Vampyre
    , es desde ahora, uno de mis remakes favoritos y uno de los mejores films sobre vampiros, especialmente del conde Drácula, que he visto. Simplemente magnífico lo que el gran Werner Herzog
    hizo acá.

Aunque difícilmente puedo afirmar que me gustan las películas de vampiros, debo hacer una excepción con esta y con la notable obra de Carl Theodor Dreyer: Vampyr. Siendo esta última mi absoluta favorita del subgénero por la creación tan…

• Elliot Fane

★★★½ Watched by Elliot Fane 20 Jun, 2016

Probably my favourite Werner Herzog film so far that he made in the 20th century. The cinematography and imagery are all excellently crafted and very creepy. I also loved the first few scenes of Count Dracula. The third act loses the flow and eerie tone, but the film is worth a watch overall, especially those who enjoy classic horror and atmospheric filmmaking.