• Blacktus Jack

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by Blacktus Jack 28 Sep, 2016

I feel like Herzog designs his films to go into the public domain as soon as possible

I mean that in the best possible way

• Kat πŸŽƒ πŸ‘» πŸ•Έ

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by Kat πŸŽƒ πŸ‘» πŸ•Έ 28 Sep, 2016

Hoop-tober 3.0
    Other reviews: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22

Would you believe I'm pretty sure this is the first Werner Herzog film I've ever seen? I know, I know, I gotta go to film geek jail now. (I'm pretty sure I admit…

• Emily

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by Emily 26 Sep, 2016

Film #3 from my History of Vampires in Literature & Film University course.

• Dan Scully

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by Dan Scully 16 Sep, 2016

This is the first movie I ever watched on a plane, and my favorite movie to have strangers look over my shoulder and thinking "the fuck is this guy watching?"

My theory on Kinski (give him less to do and he'll do so much more with it) holds true.

• codephat

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by codephat 18 Sep, 2016

Easily my new favorite vampire film.  Houses some truly beautiful scenery, enhancing the already rich narrative with each shot.  It's a lonely world for the Count and it definitely feels that way.  Hypnotic dialogue exchanges and an enchanting soundtrack make this more than just a visual treat.  I am definitely planning to revisit this soon.

• Jason Pettus

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by Jason Pettus 18 Sep, 2016

2016 movie viewings, #97. One of the movies recently featured at "online art-film theater" MUBI.com was Werner Herzog's famous remake of influential vampire film Nosferatu, which reminded me that I've never actually seen the original and have meant for decades to finally sit down and watch it; and so I did something really intriguing and streamed both movies at the same exact time, literally in two windows right next to each other on the screen of my desktop. And that…

• Noah LePage

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by Noah LePage 18 Sep, 2016

There are at least five different points where you think the film is about to fall apart, only for Herzog to answer with yet another staggering sequence; the mountain ascent, the plague feast, the final and hyper-sexualized blood suck. Yet another perfect nightmare from the master nightmare craftsman.

• L. Borgia Rossetti

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by L. Borgia Rossetti 18 Sep, 2016

Isabelle Adjani is my heroin! Love the screenplay and environment here. Plus the Popol Vuh soundtrack.

• MichaelRR

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by MichaelRR 19 Dec, 2009

Herzogs vampirfilm orientiert sich stark am roman von bram stoker und ist außerdem - wie ich nachgelesen habe - fast eine 1:1 kopie von murnaus "nosferatu", den ich leider noch nicht gesehen habe. die version von herzog zeigt den ganzen film hindurch beeindruckende, mitunter sehr poetische bilder: jonathan harker am gipfel eines berges mit gewaltigen wolkenformationen oder als verschwindend kleines mΓ€nnchen zwischen den schluchten des trannsylvanischen gebirges. graf draculas bleiche fratze sticht leuchtend aus der dunkelheit hervor und dann die…

• Robert Hawkins

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by Robert Hawkins 16 Sep, 2016

Less a creative re-imagining of the dracula tale than a stylized love letter to Murnau's silent masterpiece, Herzog's Nosferatu hews closely to the original's visual palette -- Harker wears the same coat and saddlebag, some shots are recreated almost exactly -- but enriches it with all the techniques of modern cinema. Take the scene in the original when Harker stops by an inn on the way to Dracula's castle. As soon as he reveals his purpose, everyone goes silent and…

• Dustin Funderburke

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by Dustin Funderburke 17 Sep, 2016

With only a silhouette and fantastic lighting Werner Herzog and Klaus Kinski create a truly haunting character, one that will surely torment my dreams for nights to come.

• Will

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by Will 17 Sep, 2016

Slow, but genuinely goddamned creepy.