• Cory De Silva

★★★½ Added by Cory De Silva

It's alright.

• Cory

★★★ Watched by Cory 27 May, 2015

This was a bit overhyped, but I still liked it. I watched it on Hulu(the worst possible way to watch). Nothing more annoying than being interrupted with a Lexus commercial. Will probably be better on a re-watch.

• Michael

★★½ Watched by Michael 06 Oct, 2013

The stony performances, limited camera set-ups, and harsh over-lighting evoke a television movie of the same vintage. It's a style that mostly fails to capture any of the charm or much of the atmosphere of the original and ends up being silly instead.. There are effective moments, but they are rare.

I want to do the hike to the castle someday, though.

• soupyman83

★★★ Watched by soupyman83 25 May, 2015

Watched the English version; was unable to locate the German despite considerable effort.

Enjoyed this, but was frankly (and sadly) a bit disappointed in the end. I'm a huge Herzog fan, and a big fan of the original Nosferatu, and so was hoping for something that blew me away, but this one was just sort of underwhelming for me. Positives: it's shot beautifully, incredible color, nice slow shots of the landscape, and the vampire himself looks incredible. Kinski's performance is…

• Sara Jean

★★★★ Watched by Sara Jean 24 May, 2015

The deliberately slow pacing really puts you in the character of Nosferatu. Death does seem like a blessing when you've lived as long as he has.

This wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I did enjoy it.

• Hudsucker

★★★★ Watched by Hudsucker 23 May, 2015

I feel bad for seeing this before the original, but being such a Herzog nut, I couldn't help myself. I really got to catch up with Murnau version as soon as possible.

• Avaitor

★★★★½ Watched by Avaitor 20 May, 2015 1

Wow, what a fantastic Dracula adaptation! I've heard about this one for a long time now, but only just got around to it, and the film is hella.

• danote

★★★★★ Watched by danote 17 May, 2015

Me pareció perfecta.

• Helen_S

★★★★★ Rewatched by Helen_S 16 May, 2015 1

One of the few remakes that I can say is exceptional.

• hankiro

★★★★ Watched by hankiro 14 May, 2015

Kinski's Dracula is tortured, lonely beyond our wildest dreams, and wishes nothing more to escape his curse and you can see this with every single movement of every muscle in his face. While there are moments of pure masterpiece, claustrophobia, terror and tension so thick you could cut it with a knife, I wish it would've been maintained throughout. That dinner scene is a new favorite. King Herzog.

• Si Sharp

★★★ Watched by Si Sharp 10 May, 2015

Dracula as cursed and pitiful demon.

It may be set in a similar looking world to Kasper Hauser, and atmospherically this feels more like Aguirre. Visually inventive - the use of shadows, a clear homage to the original is creepier than an expensive special effect.

I'm still not completely on board with Herzog yet, but there's no denying there's a unique mind at work here.

• Michael Thompson

★★★★ Watched by Michael Thompson 08 May, 2015

A silent film given voice. This is a natural progression from the original film; a love letter and (although I doubt Herzog intended it to be) an improvement. A slow, intoxicating atmosphere punctuated with periods of suspense help create a delirious mood by the end. Kinski is as amazing as ever and created a much more tragic Dracula than I am used to. This is a man who is doomed to spend eternity reviled by everyone. I like that he…