• Gibnerd

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gibnerd 28 Jan, 2015

When Tarantino was sitting there as a juror at the 2003 Cannes Film Fesival, and he sat there watching Chan-wook Park's Oldboy..... how much do you think he felt he was being taken to school?
    chances are if you're on this site, you've seen this movie.... perhaps even a few times and you already know this movie is a poetic masterpiece of revenge, violence, sadness and mortality. it's the film that blasted modern Korean cinema on the international radar and…

• Flaco The Bad

★★★★½ Watched by Flaco The Bad 28 Jan, 2015

Don't watch this with your sister.

• Poppy P

★★★★½ Watched by Poppy P 27 Jan, 2015

Sweet mother goose, this is a good movie.

• Elliot Fane

★★★★ Watched by Elliot Fane 27 Jan, 2015

A very well shot, well acted and well paced mystery film. It reminded me of Almodovar's 'Volver' in some of the story elements near the end, which obvious isn't a problem, but 'Volver' might have been inspired by this story. The music was also very atmospheric, helping to set this dark tone. I can see why it's such a cult classic!

• Alice

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alice 24 Jan, 2015

Iconic, unforgettable, thoughtful and disturbing thriller with overtones of a modern-day Hitchcock (and I mean that as the highest of praise) about how high school sucks.

• Julian Towers

★★★½ Added by Julian Towers 5

This hasn't aged super great. Asthetically it holds up excellent, but man, that plot...jeeze.

• Sorina M.

Watched by Sorina M. 25 Jan, 2015

Shocking, but just NO.

• Taylor Walker

★★★★★ Watched by Taylor Walker 16 Jan, 2015

Introducing
    "Life Is Awful Because Other People Need To Be Entertained By Your Misfortune: The Movie"

• shakthi

★★★★★ Watched by shakthi 25 Jan, 2015

I can't come out of this movie.I m writing this review with the same excitement and shock i had while i m watching it.The background music and the climax scene in the snow gave me a beautiful feeling.
    This is what called cinematography,
    This is what called background music,
    This is what called screenplay,
    This is what called script writing,
    This is what called dialogue writing,
    This is what a movie is....................................

• Juan Quintero

★★★★½ Watched by Juan Quintero 24 Jan, 2015

No saben cuanto disfruto un desafío psicológico en una película, y más cuando venganzas como éstas están espantosamente bien justificadas. El trasfondo retorcido y pasional que motiva a los dos personajes fue demasiado intenso y sirvió para voltear la historia completamente y volarle la cabeza a cualquiera.

Definitivamente el mejor thriller vengativo que he visto. Cabe decir que lo increíble de la historia tiene gran base en la ejemplar dirección de Chan-wook Park. Una de las mejores.

• kvnvis

★★★★★ Added by kvnvis

The masterpiece.

My personal favourite film of all time, and nothing has touched its' reign since. This film, to me, is perfection.

The crime-vengeance thriller is a staple within Korean cinema, and this is perhaps the best of the star studded pack. In this film, you have a very captivating visual style by Park Chan-wook as in all his films, a fantastic plot that gives you a heart-wrenching twist, tremendous acting by Choi Min-sik and Yoo Ji-tae, and a beautiful…

• schlep

Added by schlep

Only my second foray into the intense world of Asian cinema, and after watching Oldboy I'll certainly be doing it again. The film takes you on a mind-bending ride from a seemingly innocent man's incarceration to his eventual release. His quest to find out who and why includes magnificently choreographed fights, some truly gruesome scenes injected with humour and the realisation that not everything is as it seems. Ultimately a real experience in movie watching.