• Natasha

★★★★★ Watched by Natasha 27 Jul, 2014

Don't spread rumors.

• RAJs

★★★★½ Added by RAJs

"Laugh... and the world laughs with you"
    - Unmissable -
    You won't know whether to laugh or cry!

• Alexandra

★★★½ Watched by Alexandra 26 Jul, 2014

Me gustó la cinematografía, fotografía, como se llame. Me recordó un poquito a Fincher y a Tarantino.

• Craig Morgan

★★★★½ Watched by Craig Morgan 21 Jun, 2014

This falls amongst the movies that I am not sure I enjoy watching, but are fascinating enough that there is never a desire to turn away. Yet, I'm sure I will watch it again. I also wish I had seen this years ago when I first heard about it, since it would have been a spectacular introduction to the entertaining world of the non-70s kung fu movies from the Asian countries, which are so much more readily accessible in the…

• FinnaEbrithil

★★★★★ Watched by FinnaEbrithil 24 Jul, 2014

No words. Absolutely mind-bogglingly awesome. In the final act, I was unconsciously contorting myself on the sofa out of sheer awe and despair.

Review on this utter masterpiece to come

• Theodore Bond

★★★★½ Added by Theodore Bond

I have been meaning to review this one for a while but never did but now that I have finally seen the remake I figured that now was as good a time to do so as any.

In Oldboy a man named Dae-Su is kidnapped and imprisoned in a room for 15 years. After finally being released he goes on a violent journey to find the man who had him imprisoned and why.

I didn't know what I would think…

• Alexander Stahl Jensen

★★★★★ Added by Alexander Stahl Jensen

• Tristan Goff

★★★★★ Added by Tristan Goff

The depth and intensity of how disturbing this tale of revenge and retribution is makes for a perfectly balanced movie. Unbelievable acting and kick ass fight scenes are seen throughout the film. Really a must see.

• Elliot

★★★★★ Watched by Elliot 23 Jul, 2014

One of my favourite films. A true character study on what it means to be out for revenge. The storytelling is visceral and the suspense is brutal. Min-sik Choi gives a stunning lead performance that will evoke many emotional responses from the viewer.

Oldboy is a film that I believe is still widely unappreciated in the west. However, the 2013 US remake was not the answer to this problem and has ultimately soured the story for a lot of people. If you have the choice, absolutely watch this version before the 2013 version.

• henrymcknz

★★★★½ Watched by henrymcknz 20 Jul, 2014

OLDBOY. What a twisted film. Oldboy questions the role that revenge and vengeance have to play in our lives, and displays how powerful these forces can be. I just finished this film, and am still awestruck at the powerful finish. Did Dae-su and Mi-do end up together?! In reality that is so fucked up, but we as viewers have been rooting for them throughout the film, so shouldn't they deserve happiness?? Thought-provoking thriller, awesome.

• Myrna Campos

★★★★★ Watched by Myrna Campos 19 Jul, 2014

Excelente revés de la trama, oscura y bizarra .. al filo de tu cerebro toda la película y el final, grandioso. Recomendada.

• David Pearce

★★★ Watched by David Pearce 17 Jul, 2014

"Revenge is good for your health, but pain will find you again."

I've been having a month of mostly being let down by celebrated films, so I thought I'd finally give in and watch something I've been told is a sure-fire hit. While it's understandable to me why Oldboy has been hailed as a modern classic by a wider audience for its unconventional visual-aesthetic and great twist, the film featured a visual style that contradicted the language of cinema which…