• ilovezombie

★★★ Added by ilovezombie

how do i say this,
    creepy in a cool way. my mind blown after this lol.

• PimvdB

★★★★½ Watched by PimvdB 16 Dec, 2014

Wow what a movie

• Vinny Thornburg

★★★★½ Rewatched by Vinny Thornburg 14 Dec, 2014

It seems that for anyone who gets started on checking out South Korean films, Oldboy is almost always the first step. If anyone has seen at least one, it's going to be "That one with the hallway fight!"

It's interesting how Oh Daesu's goal is not reached till the very end, yet when it comes someone new to the country and the genre, they seem to achieve a goal from the very start.

Because for as many of the highly…

• feedingbrett

★★★ Watched by feedingbrett 15 Dec, 2014 8

Review In A Nutshell:

Oldboy, a film by Chan-wook Park, and it is the second entry in his Vengeance trilogy. This was a film that I have been meaning to watch some time as it always seem to be featured in prestigious lists and impressing not only the critics but also the general public; all in all it’s a crowd pleaser. I did come into this film with high expectations but sadly those were not met, leaving me in many…

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 26 Nov, 2010

8/10: This is the second of director Chan-wook Park's "Revenge Trilogy". All I can say is that there are so many ground-breaking scenes that are one-of-its-kind, and you will be in awe/shocked/savor/thrilled/blown away/disgusted/enjoyed. Trust me. Rated #104 out of IMDB Top 250 movies.

• Anthony Z

★★★★ Watched by Anthony Z 07 Dec, 2014

Happy I watched this after the American version, definitely much more maniacal and twisted than the new one. Really original storyline, great acting,engaging in every moment...one of the best revenge movies I have ever seen.

• Phil Clayton

Watched by Phil Clayton 10 Dec, 2014

Undoubadly a masterpiece but who on earth thinks up a storyline like this? It's sick and perverse to say the least. From a film point of view it's magnificient, from a moral point of view it's disgusting.

• Bill Shannon

★★★★ Added by Bill Shannon

A superb, sometimes hypnotics South Korean noir, filled with action, mystery and some shocking revelations.

O-Dae Su is a normal man living a normal life, when one day, he is kidnapped, trapped in a hotel room, and kept as a prisoner for fifteen years without explanation.

O-Dae Su, in his solitude, is transformed from ordinary family man to bloodthirsty revenge-minded killer. Once he finally escaped, O-Dae Su is thrust into the Korean underworld determined to find out who imprisoned him…

• Dead Chic

★★★★★ Added by Dead Chic

Richly complex yet very simple. Dark and violent but touching and beautiful. I laughed, I cried, I was horrified, I was turned on. A perfect, operatic, and fascinating film.

• Sam

★★★½ Watched by Sam 06 Dec, 2014

That was nuts. Made me feel like I was 14 and watching Fight Club for the first time. Unfortunately, I've seen a few too many dark, "twisty" films for a lot of the plot points to achieve their full effect. And, in terms of bonkers South Korean action films, I was a lot more satisfied by this year's Snowpiercer.

• Jon

★½ Watched by Jon 05 Dec, 2014

As the movie wore on, the worse it got.

The ending... really?!

• official_gabe

★★★★ Added by official_gabe

Well-crafted story shows the results of revenge.