• NatalieKae

★★★★ Watched by NatalieKae 03 May, 2016

What a twisted, brutal film. Throughout it I enjoyed how artistic it was, but the twist at the end really brought the entire film together for me.

Also saw a lot of Birdman in this- the narration, the long take scenes, the rooftop. Source of inspiration maybe?

• Hamlet II

★★★★★ Added by Hamlet II

Revenge is nothing new. Stories of revenge can be found as far back as the Bible and new revenge stories continue to come out every year. In Oldboy, Oh Dae-su is kidnapped and held hostage in a single room for 15 years. Eventually he is released and goes on a quest for revenge as he seeks out those who kidnapped him. This concept of self-acted justice is nothing new. In Hamlet, Prince Hamlet spends the majority of the play seeking…

• Vincent Cook

★★★★½ Watched by Vincent Cook 04 May, 2016

As in an English Major I think I loved this film so much do to its remarkable similarilites and homages to Oedipus Rex. Does that make me weird: for liking it for that reason? I don't care. Spectacular film.

• pablochad

★★★★★ Added by pablochad

Excelente, mil veces recomendada

• Christopher Haskell

★★★★★ Watched by Christopher Haskell 24 Apr, 2013

One of the most powerful foreign films I've ever encountered, "Oldboy" is an epic story without the unneeded glitz and glamour of a Hollywood blockbuster. Park Chan-Wook tests the viewers' endurance, putting his main character, Dae-Su, through challenges, all while touching on thick and heavy emotions that translate perfectly to the spectator. The epic feeling is achieved through masterful character development, as Dae-Su is unrecognizable from his first scene compared to his last. Chan-Wook is also excellent at messing with…

• Kennedy Megran

★★★★★ Added by Kennedy Megran

SICK

• sirajibrahim

★★★★ Added by sirajibrahim

one of the finest thriller in koren movies, watch it

• Christian Childress

★★★★½ Watched by Christian Childress 02 May, 2016 2

Thinking about moving to South Korea so I can dabble in some more sociallly acceptable revenge.

• Christopher Mccarthy

★★★★ Watched by Christopher Mccarthy 18 Apr, 2016

That hallway scene tho.

• Cameron Clarke

★★★½ Watched by Cameron Clarke 30 Apr, 2016

I don't know what I expected from this, but I certainly got way more than I bargained for. This was a seriously bizarre story and I'm still not sure I understand everything that happened.

• Lacharas

★★★★★ Watched by Lacharas 01 May, 2016

Wow. I give it 5 stars but I don't really know, just... wow.
    I think I want to watch it again.

• Mariska V

★★★★ Rewatched by Mariska V 27 Apr, 2016

Top-notch...

Salah satu film terbaik tentang pembalas dendam. Siapa yang dibalas? Siapa yang masih dendam? Oh, dan Ebert menulis review yang bagus tentang film ini www.rogerebert.com/reviews/oldboy-2005