• henrymcknz

★★★★½ Watched by henrymcknz 20 Jul, 2014

OLDBOY. What a twisted film. Oldboy questions the role that revenge and vengeance have to play in our lives, and displays how powerful these forces can be. I just finished this film, and am still awestruck at the powerful finish. Did Dae-su and Mi-do end up together?! In reality that is so fucked up, but we as viewers have been rooting for them throughout the film, so shouldn't they deserve happiness?? Thought-provoking thriller, awesome.

• Myrna Campos

★★★★★ Watched by Myrna Campos 19 Jul, 2014

Excelente revés de la trama, oscura y bizarra .. al filo de tu cerebro toda la película y el final, grandioso. Recomendada.

• David Pearce

★★★ Watched by David Pearce 17 Jul, 2014

"Revenge is good for your health, but pain will find you again."

I've been having a month of mostly being let down by celebrated films, so I thought I'd finally give in and watch something I've been told is a sure-fire hit. While it's understandable to me why Oldboy has been hailed as a modern classic by a wider audience for its unconventional visual-aesthetic and great twist, the film featured a visual style that contradicted the language of cinema which…

• Nikkhil

1.Gore
    2.Nudity

• Matt Suppes

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Suppes 16 Jul, 2014

A lot zanier than the other (usually zany) Korean films I've seen. The style is assured and great, but I prefer Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance and perhaps even Lady Vengeance more than Oldboy.

• Brandon

★★★★½ Watched by Brandon 15 Jul, 2014

Just an ingenious plot executed perfectly. Not once do you really know what is coming. The plot unravels itself slow enough to keep you on edge but quickly enough to keep you intrigued. Just an amazing story with great, intense performances. I'm scared to watch last year's remake in fear that it will ruin this great story.

• JesseSP

★★★★ Added by JesseSP

It's been too long since I've seen it, but it's remarkable.

• Simon Curry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Simon Curry 15 Jul, 2014

So, Im kicking off my first review on Letterboxd with my favourite film Oldboy. I love this film, to the point where I need to rewatch it at least once a month, (which is something I would never do with any other film) and with each new viewing, I discover more that I love about it. From the acting, casting, direction, score, editing and cinematography, Oldboy defines what an operatic film can be.

Adapted perfectly by director Park Chan-wook from…

• Megan_Maggot

★★★★½ Watched by Megan_Maggot 13 Jul, 2014

An amazing visceral thriller, lives up to all the hype.

• whiteoftheye

Watched by whiteoftheye 04 Dec, 2013

I watched the BR 1080p version of this one a couple days ago - what a ride! I can definitely see why people attach the word "classic" to this one. It bears further observation.

• jh_moore

★★ Watched by jh_moore 05 Jul, 2014

a few great scenes, but I mostly felt shitty after watching it

• JerryLundegaard

★★★★ Watched by JerryLundegaard 30 Jun, 2014

Whoa! Outrageous and cool. Visually appealing. No enduring meaning, just dark, intense fun.