• Diane Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Diane Johnson

This was one of those movies that riveted me to my chair. I caught it on Netflix not really knowing what to expect, and although the plot line was occasionally confusing, the artistry of the film itself made up for it. It's an action fan must-have.

• Cory De Silva

★★★★★ Watched by Cory De Silva 31 May, 2015

Definitely not a film I ever want to make. Tastes aside, there is no denying that this is a remarkable story and well-constructed film.

• Brent Paton

★★★ Watched by Brent Paton 31 May, 2015

From what I'd read about it I expected to be wowed in some way, either through gratuitous violence or emotionally, but I was disappointed.
    I thought it would be something more. Aside from my preconceptions, it is well directed and visually memorable. It could have easily been kicked up to a higher level. I enjoyed the fight sequence with the hammer.

• Da_Bill

★★★★½ Watched by Da_Bill 30 May, 2015

Film #19 of the Scavenger Hunt 2

Task #29. The film with the most surprising twist ever!

First off, I wouldn't call this the most surprising twist ever. But that's what I was promised so that's why I chose it. (It's not a bad twist, but I'm perhaps too suspicious when watching movies now to be caught out as easily as a few years back.)

Despite that, it's still a damn good movie.

Park Chan-wook is a Director I was…

• Leo Schiller

★★★★½ Watched by Leo Schiller 28 May, 2015

Super implemented, you can empathize really good in the main character. He exaggerates sometimes, however, in his actions - at least for my taste. The cast is great, as camera, light and music.

• Naughty

★★★★★ Rewatched by Naughty 29 May, 2015 9

_________________________________________________________________
    Film #29 of the "Scavenger Hunt 2" Challenge!
    Task #29 : The film with the most surprising twist ever!
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-2/
    ___________________________________________________________________

The tale is about two men, both of whom are seeking revenge! But whose revenge will be that much sweeter that of the tormented or that of the tormenter!

When it came to picking the film with the most surprising twist ever Oldboy won hands down! With The crying game coming in at the #2 spot!

Oldboy is…

• Pedro Sombrero

★★★★★ Added by Pedro Sombrero

old boy è uno di quei film che riescono a concentrare tutto in sé: dalla tradizione all'innovazione, dalla ricercatezza scenografica a quella fotografica, dall'action al drama, unendo questi ed altri pregi ad una regia semplicemente perfetta. non saprei cos'altro aggiungere, o meglio; si tratta di un film talmente profondo che riuscirebbe ad essere sviscerato in nemmeno millemila righe. Conviene dunque liquidarlo con un termine spesso abusato, ma che in questo caso calza a pennello: capolavoro. old boy è un capolavoro, una delle massime espressioni del cinema coreano, che merita di essere visto e rivisto.

• Wooderson

★★★★★ Watched by Wooderson 27 May, 2015 1

Film #30 of the "Scavenger Hunt #2" Challenge!
    letterboxd.com/jesushmacy/list/scavenger-hunt-2-may-2015/
    Task #29: The film with the most surprising twist ever
    Welp I finished the scavenger hunt.

Somehow I went 10 years and a remake with out getting the twist spoiled on me. I actually don' know how that happened. Oldboy is a fucking incredible movie. Maybe one of the best paced movies ever, the first hour goes by in what feels like seconds. Everything is beautifully shot, and some great action sequences. I really need to watch some of Park Chan-wook's other stuff.

• Ria

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ria 24 May, 2015

I would just like to point out that Song Kang-ho was present on the set when they nailed the one-take hallway fight scene :))))))) this made me so happy

• Chris Hormann

★★★★½ Watched by Chris Hormann 24 May, 2015 2

Film #27 of the Scavenger Hunt Challenge!
    Task #21 : A film you find in one of your letterboxd followers top 4 favourite films!*

I reviewed Don't Look Now earlier today and commented that I wondered if the impact of knowing the shock ending coloured my viewing of the film. This is a film that hasn't been spoiled for me and good lord, its revelation hit me in the gut so hard I was lost for breath. Up to the…

• Rosberg Bozzetto

★★★★★ Watched by Rosberg Bozzetto 21 May, 2015

Seja um grão de areia ou pedra, na água ambos afundam igualmente.

• Andrés Rothschild

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrés Rothschild 21 May, 2015

La amo tanto que no le he dado oportunidad a la de Spike Lee ¿debería?