• Tyler Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Wilson 27 Sep, 2014

really good movie, but I didn't get the ending!

• Tyler Wilson

★★★★ Added by Tyler Wilson

really good movie but I didn't get the ending!

• Derek Diercksmeier

★½ Watched by Derek Diercksmeier 28 Sep, 2014 1

This is certainly one of the most overrated films in recent memory and an excruciating film to watch.

I do like the central idea, but it's wasted in a film too silly and pointless to be taken seriously.

I honestly can't see why so many others adore the film and call it a masterpiece.

People were angry with Spike Lee for his remake, which I thought was fantastic.

Everything about this film was truly awful.

There's so much wasted potential…

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Oldboy '04

Oldboy, gives remarkably devastating plot, with revenge of peculiar aspect on minds of freaks. Bizarre plotting and excellent cinematography, churns out, what is to be known as masterclass film in graphics of Oldboy. Every character has given, wonderful performance, and there is great intensity going on throughout the film.

• Willy Evans

★½ Watched by Willy Evans 22 Sep, 2014

An interesting concept that is messily executed. Played fast and loose with the narrative at times, which would have been okay, if it had excelled at anything else.

• Sasha James

★★★★ Watched by Sasha James 22 Sep, 2014

Incest! Hammers!

• Travis Lytle

★★★★ Watched by Travis Lytle 19 Sep, 2014 5

Asking what is worse, the prison or being released from it, Chan-wook Park's "Oldboy" is an operatic, ironic, grotesque, and Machiavellian revenge epic. Mesmerizingly twisted, the film is a skillfully told and masterfully constructed piece of cinematic nihilism.

Thought the twists and turns of its narrative are best left unspoiled, "Oldboy" revolves around a man who, after spending 15 years in a mysterious prison of a room, is released to seek out who put him there and why. As the…

• Nathan Lambert

★★★★½ Added by Nathan Lambert

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• harrydcjackson

★★★★★ Watched by harrydcjackson 16 Sep, 2014

마지막 세 소년을 보았다!!!

• Federica

★★★★★ Added by Federica

Oldboy is everything you could ask for in a movie, and maybe something more.

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

A brilliant psychological thriller that is gritty enough to be entertaining, while the twist at the end is so incredibly constructed that it won't leave your mind for a long time.

• Matt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt 14 Sep, 2014

If you've ever felt personally victimized by Spike Lee's tripe take of this masterpiece, the original is always here to (re-)soothe your soul.