• MyNameIsMike

★★★★★ Added by MyNameIsMike

Twisted. Seriously ****ing twisted.

...

In other words I loved it. One of the finest action flicks I've ever seen, and the centerpiece of the prestigious Korean Action film industry, Oldboy is the archetype for good action films everywhere, with fluid, brutal violence unspoiled by bad editing or unskilled performers.

• RyanR

★★★★ Added by RyanR

Truly the ultimate Father's Day movie.

• Jon Baum

★★★★★ Watched by Jon Baum 02 Mar, 2015

weird, outrageous, wild, absurd, crazy and twisted in all the best ways.

• Bastiaan

★★★ Watched by Bastiaan 26 Feb, 2015

that was sort of ridiculous :P

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

An hour and a half into this, I was begging to watch him eat the octopus again. Seriously, I would have watched him eat ten more octopi. (Octopi?)

• BrendonMac

★★★★★ Added by BrendonMac

Captivating, quirky what a twist left me feeling ill for 3 days. Still a good movie

• Chase Eiland

★★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 27 Feb, 2015

A haunting unraveling vengeance story that you will never forget.

• Matthew L. Brady

★★★★★ Watched by Matthew L. Brady 27 Feb, 2015 1

Oldboy is a fantastic originally revenge movie with a gritty tone and some hard to watch scenes. Now that's what I call a revenge story and movie.

• DKAudio

★★★★½ Watched by DKAudio 23 Feb, 2013

A man is kidnapped and held hostage in a small room without ever being told why. He is finally released and has to discover why and seek revenge on his captor.

One of my favorite films of all time, awesome kills! I loved the side scrolling scenes, looked like a badass video game. Highly entertaining, great story, great acting, gruesome!

• Maxi

★★★½ Added by Maxi

Used to be one of my favorite movies.
    First time I saw it I was completely blown away by it. Took me around 3 days to process it.

BUT, I rewatched it. And I was just not feeling it at all.
    I'm just questioning why I loved it so much when I first saw it the first time less than a year ago.

Oldboy dropped way lower on my list, still higher than average I guess since I was so blown away by it the first time.

• Thomas Wishloff

Watched by Thomas Wishloff 22 Feb, 2015

To the people who thought it was ok for me to show this in our High School Film Club.

You're all either really, really vacuous, or going to hell- probably both.

• amyokeley

★★★ Watched by amyokeley 05 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Oldboy (2003)
    Chan-Wook Park
    “Even though I am no better than a beast, don’t I have the right to love?”
    Beginning the movie with such a powerful quote, along with the scene in which it is said was a huge eye opener for me. It made me want to know what the hell happened, as well as why. It got your attention. I enjoyed how the information was presented. I haven’t seen many foreign films but I felt as if…