• Lucas Lucas

★★★★½ Added by Lucas Lucas

9,2/10

• iamtommyrobb

★★★★★ Watched by iamtommyrobb 30 Dec, 2015

One of the most haunting tales of revenge ever put to screen with one of the greatest movie twists of all time and a perfect soundtrack to boot.

• mrpengo88

★★ Added by mrpengo88

The fight scene in the hall was well done. That's about all I can say.

• Daniel Wahlen

★★★★½ Added by Daniel Wahlen

This film blew me away. It's one of those movies I wanted to watch again immediately as soon as the credits began to roll. I even added the soundtrack to my vinyl collection. The film is best experienced knowing as little as possible. It's about a man who has been kidnapped and imprisoned for 15 years, and upon release has only 5 days to find out who imprisoned him and why before something terrible happens.

• MrMars

★★★★★ Added by MrMars

Wow, einfach nur wow!

• Travis Pipes

Watched by Travis Pipes 04 Feb, 2016

i called my teacher a faggot in fourth grade. im really worried that he is going to get revenge on me now :( don't watch this movie. it will make you paranoid.

• Cassandra Fox

★★★★★ Watched by Cassandra Fox 23 Jan, 2016

Holy shit. This film really stuck with me. Intense, dark, moving, and even humorous at times. Choi Min-sik's performance is unbelievable, blurring the lines between man and animal. The cinematography of Chung-hoon Chung was a particular treat - with stunning use of colour and composition. I particularly enjoyed the memorable one take fight scene and the teeth pulling scene. My favourites, however, was the notorious octopus scene. Nothing will ever compare to the first time I watched the octopus curl its tentacles around Oh Dae-su. This film truly left its mark on me. Thank you, Park Chan-wook.

• AramFingal

★★★★ Watched by AramFingal 04 Feb, 2016

Oldboy was very inventive and had an interesting style all it's own. The subject matter was handled with sincerity and was not too earnest but also didn't take itself too seriously. This film really made me think a little too which is unusual for this kind of movie. The fight choreography was surprisingly well done and shot in a strange way that almost made it surreal. I have a little bit of a problem with the ending and the whole…

• Samir Lukka

★★★★ Added by Samir Lukka

"Oldboy has touches of Kafka, and echoes of British paranoia thrillers like The Ipcress File and The Prisoner. But it opens up a whole new sicko frontier of exotic horror, and more or less reduced my intestines to guacamole both times I watched it, not so much with its violence - although heaven knows there's a super-sized helping of that - but with a queasily ingenious imprisonment-torture impossible to contemplate without a prickling of cold sweat.

It's a movie that…

• Gimme Gimme

★★★★ Added by Gimme Gimme 2

Really complex storyline, and unpredictable. the gore level is really nice unlike western films that can abuse the amount of gore shown, but this leaves some things to the imagination which i like.

• Jeremiah Dollins

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jeremiah Dollins 03 Feb, 2016

OLDBOY is such a fascinating study of the impact our thoughtless actions and words have on others. For those who've seen this twisted film by Chan-wook Park, the essential mystery involves Oh Dae-Su's inability to remember a rumor he spread in his final days of high school about the love affair between siblings Woo-jin Lee and Lee Soo-ah. Oh Dae-Su is a bastard paying penance for his sins against the incestuous lovers, a sin that resulted in Lee Soo-ah's suicide.…

• jkun88

★★★★★ Watched by jkun88 03 Feb, 2016 1

20 Words or Less Recommendation/Review: I wasn't ready. What the hell. Damn. Disgustingly beautiful. Impossible hype. Lived up to, exceeded. Emotionally crippling. Brutal. Masterpiece.