• RioGordo

★★★★ Rewatched by RioGordo 29 Mar, 2014

Ong Bak has a few flaws - its pacing is all over the shop, and its story isn't exactly a world beater. But the action more than makes up for any shortcomings, and Tony Jaa is a wonderfully cinematic martial artist.

Ong Bak's brutal, well choreographed fights were at the right place, right time to deliver a shot in the arm to global martial arts cinema. Glad to say that the film it still holds up nicely, even in the wake of its own success.

• Chevalier

★★★½ Added by Chevalier

The man kicks people with his legs on fire. Enough said.

• javilost

★★★½ Watched by javilost 11 Apr, 2014

Tony Jaa me ha dejado loco dando leches. ¡Qué saltos! ¡Qué patadas voladoras! ¡Qué arte para abrirse de piernas y pasar por debajo de un coche!

Me ha sorprendido para bien la banda sonora. Me ha gustado bastante.

• missenota

★★★ Watched by missenota 05 Apr, 2014

Watch with a group. So much fun!

• matt lynch

★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 23 Mar, 2014

head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes

• Adam Cuttler

★★½ Rewatched by Adam Cuttler 18 Mar, 2014

What a great visual resume displaying the talents of the young and talented Tony Jaa. I see a bright future ahead for this nice man. As an actual movie though, let's just say it does not stand the test of time (even though it's only been 11 years).

• Bruno Micael

★★★ Added by Bruno Micael

Tony Jaa aqui ao meu ver mostrando do que a cultura de seu povo pode fazer , assim como o mestre Bruce Lee conseguiu .
    Cenas muito brilhantemente coreografadas das lutas para mostrar o famoso Muai Thai, o alivio cômico(um pouco exagerado as vezes) não me encomodou em nada, enfim , uma produção nada preguiçosa e muito bonita.

• Naughty

★★★½ Watched by Naughty 07 Feb, 2014

The script ain't worth shite! What makes this film special... is the beautifully choreographed and extraordinary martial arts, the parkour and the vessel housing this talent Mr. Tony Jaa! The lack of CGI and so called Wire Fu, and stunt doubles makes this film even more impressive!

• JordanFerguson

★★★ Added by JordanFerguson

Martial arts films tend to be less about the plot than about the set-pieces. If you can get a particularly solid fight scene or two into your movie, it will become a masterpiece. I mostly have no problem with that; I'm not here for the story anyway. Ong Bak follows Ting (Tony Jaa) as he travels from his rural town to Bangkok in an effort to recover a stolen Buddha head. The plot is insanely repetitive, basically involving Ting asking…

• Bommsen

★★★★ Watched by Bommsen 02 Jan, 2014

Great. Or better: Oh my God, it's frickin' great. Ong Bak has some of the best combat choreographies I've seen in a while, every punch hurts like hell and is full of impact, every move and motion is beautifully timed. I had a lot of fun watching Ong Bak and was pretty surprised how consequent it eventually was. The story is kind of bollocks, but this is some confident filmmaking, including some really hilarious (and utterly cheesy) moments, but thanks…

• Octavio Luna-Mingura

★★★★★ Watched by Octavio Luna-Mingura 01 Feb, 2005

I first saw this film when 99x (a radio station), had its Atlanta premiere. This film is wonderful when watching it in front of an audience. One of the admirable aspects of this film was its use of raw stunts. In other words, no wire fu to be seen at all, which is a really good thing. When Ting fights in his three matches, there were shades of the Jean-Claude van Dame film "Bloodsport", which I've never seen any other martial arts film since. Overall, this is a kick ass fun popcorn film that will amaze.

• Fesapo