• Claudio Alvarez Rodriguez

★★★½ Watched by Claudio Alvarez Rodriguez 14 Aug, 2015

Instant Replay en varias escenas (las hizo la peli, y a veces yo). Buena peli de artes marciales, con todos los tropos del genero bien aplicados, hilarante en varias escenas.

• Benedict Chiu

★★★★½ Watched by Benedict Chiu 10 Aug, 2015

With a simple premise and beautifully choreographed stunts, Tony Jaa's charisma shines through in his breakout film, rightfully introducing him as a competent martial arts action star among other greats.

• ghostdinosaur

★★★ Rewatched by ghostdinosaur 03 Aug, 2015 2

The first couple times I saw Ong Bak the rather obvious deeply conservative aspects of the story bothered me less than they did on this revisit. Perhaps this perspective isn't sincere on Pinkaew's part, as Thailand has become rather infamous for its repressive government that enacts strict censures on filmmakers, but the level of strange ableism that deifies Tony Jaa's physicality and then uses the wheelchair-bound villain with a voicebox to represent corruption and impurity strikes me as pretty gross.…

• Michael

★★½ Watched by Michael 02 Aug, 2015

A very basic story exists only give Tony Jaa a framework for his amazing stuntwork and martial art skills. The best stunts we get to see two or three times from different angles.

• FrankieSays

★★★½ Watched by FrankieSays 01 Aug, 2015

Wise man say, sometimes it's best to run away from a fight, especially when you have a horde of angry goons hot on your ass. Then, lure them into a narrow alleyway where you can hop on their heads to make a quick getaway, while breaking jaws and busting some moves at the same time.

Frankie Says, it's probably best to stay out of fights altogether unless your name is Tony Jaa.

• b4hc

Watched by b4hc 29 Jul, 2015

on film with max and erin at 5th ave, preview for the weekend. fun! super fun.

• SJHoneywell

★★½ Added by SJHoneywell

Tony Jaa is great.
    The rest of this is muddled
    And kind of goofy.

1001plus.blogspot.com/2015/06/picks-from-chip-ong-bak.html

• LillaLili

Added by LillaLili

Ong Bak

• Laser

★★★★ Watched by Laser 29 May, 2015

The acting is fucking awful but the action is fucking incredible.

• Avaitor

★★★★ Watched by Avaitor 25 May, 2015

Sometimes you just need a fun martial arts film to keep you going, and this one fit the bill quite well. And it contains some of the best fight sequences this side of the pacific could dream of! I'll get to the sequel soon.

• Amiffy

★★★ Watched by Amiffy 26 May, 2015

Like a cross between Indiana Jones and The Raid, however despite some truly excellent stunt choreography, the film had too many of the perfectly placed obstacles (the pallet ramp into the river got the biggest sigh), also I really didn't like the slow motion replays that they felt the need to include after every impressive move, for me it completely took me out of the rhythm every time, show me an amazing piece of stunt work, but then leave it…

• Asher

★★★★ Watched by Asher 24 May, 2015 2

Finally... The non-stop martial arts epic I've been dreaming of.

It's flawed, but damn I love it!