• Windyblue

Misogyny

Nope.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 30 Aug, 2005

This generation's BLOODSPORT, but slicker, funkier and with even more action. The film exceeded my expectations. It’s a very cool, very grounded action film. Tony Jaa is amazing.

• Fabio Arnold

★★★★ Watched by Fabio Arnold 21 Nov, 2014

Krasse Kampfchoreos und Moves von Tony Jaa.

• Michael Bones

★★★★ Watched by Michael Bones 13 Oct, 2014

Jean Claude Van Damme.....watch this, THIS is how you kick! This is the first film I've seen with Tony Jaa in and I must say he has made me rewind and pause this film due to my shock at how he pulls out these incredible stunts! A great martial arts film with a number of memorable fight scenes. Don't steal Ong Baks head that's all i say, unless you want a mouth full of Tony Jaa's knees!

• t-hom

★★★ Watched by t-hom 12 Oct, 2014

much of this film is acceptable at best, but there are a few stand out things that make it a contemporary action classic.

first, its sense of humor is perfectly laced throughout, without being too much, or not fitting in well. a few fun visual gags, mixed with some funny dialogue keeps the film energetic. there is a great, humorous, chase through the city about halfway through the film that is reminiscent of older Jackie Chan flicks.

the best thing…

• James Carey

★★★★½ Added by James Carey 2

“No computer graphics. No stunt doubles. No wires.” Add “All Awesome.” Ong-Bak heralded a new era of bone-crunching action with Muay Thai advocate Tony Jaa at its forefront. Before going mental and running off into the woods in search of enlightenment; before getting careless with his elephants; Jaa literally kneed, elbowed and kicked his way to instant-legend status with this simple tale of a peace-loving monk who would kick your balls through the top of your head with his freakin’…

• Aidananan

★★★ Watched by Aidananan 10 Oct, 2014

Tony Jaasome.

• yureegasven

★★★½ Watched by yureegasven 15 Aug, 2014

breddy gud

• Rackve

★★★½ Rewatched by Rackve 11 Aug, 2014

Muy buenas secuencias de peleas con su respectivo slow motion en la parte clave del golpe. Una historia bien llevada, aunque aquí Tony Jaa todavía no le actúa muy bien. El cine tailandés de artes marciales vuelve a poner este subgénero en el ambiente fílmico en los 00's.

• Shawna of the Shire

★★★½ Watched by Shawna of the Shire 07 Aug, 2014

Surprisingly hilarious and what a crazy ending fight sequence.

• Amy D.

★★★★ Rewatched by Amy D. 01 Aug, 2014

One of my favorite martial arts movies. Plus you see someone's leg get broken off with the power of muay thai.

• cronic