• SJHoneywell

★★½ Added by SJHoneywell

Tony Jaa is great.
    The rest of this is muddled
    And kind of goofy.

1001plus.blogspot.com/2015/06/picks-from-chip-ong-bak.html

• LillaLili

Added by LillaLili

Ong Bak

• Laser

★★★★ Watched by Laser 29 May, 2015

The acting is fucking awful but the action is fucking incredible.

• Avaitor

★★★★ Watched by Avaitor 25 May, 2015

Sometimes you just need a fun martial arts film to keep you going, and this one fit the bill quite well. And it contains some of the best fight sequences this side of the pacific could dream of! I'll get to the sequel soon.

• Amiffy

★★★ Watched by Amiffy 26 May, 2015

Like a cross between Indiana Jones and The Raid, however despite some truly excellent stunt choreography, the film had too many of the perfectly placed obstacles (the pallet ramp into the river got the biggest sigh), also I really didn't like the slow motion replays that they felt the need to include after every impressive move, for me it completely took me out of the rhythm every time, show me an amazing piece of stunt work, but then leave it…

• Asher

★★★★ Watched by Asher 24 May, 2015 2

Finally... The non-stop martial arts epic I've been dreaming of.

It's flawed, but damn I love it!

• PDscurr

Watched by PDscurr 24 May, 2015

A plain great action movie! The moralising and sense of right and wrong is laid on with a trowel but its not really the point either.

• Sheryl

★★★½ Watched by Sheryl 22 May, 2015

that rickshaw chase scene sustains my action movie needs very well

• NeutronPong

★★★ Watched by NeutronPong 09 Jan, 2012

Long overdue. The fight scenes were nuts but the chase scenes were even moreso! I've never seen so many flying knees before!

• Isaac McKeithen

★★½ Watched by Isaac McKeithen 15 May, 2015

This would have been better served as a compilation on YouTube. Could have picked out the best fights and chases and cut out things like the "story" and the taxi sequence, to name a couple of things that really didn't work.

• Valtteri Lepistö

★★★★½ Watched by Valtteri Lepistö 13 May, 2015

Hell, how did they do that? And that! Thai action cinema, where have you been all my life? Tony Jaa gives one of the best ass-kickings in modern share of action cinema. One of the things that I truly love about Asian action cinema in which the protagonist usually masters Eastern martial arts is that they so clearly put manly emanation as one of the main themes. Whereas Eastern martial arts usually have much more calm and deliberate style, Western…

• ERafferty

★★★½ Watched by ERafferty 23 Mar, 2015

On the surface, Ong-Bak has a very simplistic plot and guess what? You’d be right, as the film spends about 20% focusing on the narrative of the stolen statue, whilst the other 80% is focused on hard-hitting fight choreography and stunt-work, primarily that involves Tony Jaa as Ting. So depending on what kind of film viewer you are, this will mean you’ll either stay away from it due to the main plot being ‘minimal’ or, like me, you’ll just enjoy…