• Jagmo

★★★ Watched by Jagmo 05 Jan, 2014

I don't remember watching this film, but according to my datebook I did see it.

• karmadillo

★★★★ Added by karmadillo

How many times have I watched this?
    I really don't know, but I'm guessing "a bunch" with some spare change would be a good starting point.

Needless to say, it's pretty awesome. Comes with a morality tale, too.

No matter how much you screw up in life, just remember, you didn't steal Tony Jaa's statue.

• Rust

★★★ Rewatched by Rust 20 Nov, 2015

The Muay Thai and stunts preformed by Tony Jaa is basically the best thing in this. Fighting looks and feels brutally hard. It entertained. Pretty cool.

• Jens

★★½ Watched by Jens 25 May, 2005

Tony Jaa is talented and the movie shows it off. Everything else is pretty mediocre.

• Israel H

★★★★ Rewatched by Israel H 08 Nov, 2015

I could have done without the instant replays that give it the feel of a 90s skateboarding tape... But other than that, this movie kicks ass.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• pillole di cinema

★★★ Watched by pillole di cinema 21 Aug, 2015

Quando Tony Jaa inizia a menare #OngBak si trasforma, le ginocchiate più belle della mia vita. Ma il resto è noioso, addirittura bambinesco.

• Jason Bentley

★★★ Watched by Jason Bentley 22 Sep, 2015

Good martial arts. The way he moved, fast, strong.
    I liked the earlier fights better, as they seemed more realistic, not trying to top themselves throughout the movie.

• Claudio Alvarez Rodriguez

★★★½ Watched by Claudio Alvarez Rodriguez 14 Aug, 2015

Instant Replay en varias escenas (las hizo la peli, y a veces yo). Buena peli de artes marciales, con todos los tropos del genero bien aplicados, hilarante en varias escenas.

• Benedict Chiu

★★★★½ Watched by Benedict Chiu 10 Aug, 2015

With a simple premise and beautifully choreographed stunts, Tony Jaa's charisma shines through in his breakout film, rightfully introducing him as a competent martial arts action star among other greats.

• ghostdinosaur

★★★ Rewatched by ghostdinosaur 03 Aug, 2015 2

The first couple times I saw Ong Bak the rather obvious deeply conservative aspects of the story bothered me less than they did on this revisit. Perhaps this perspective isn't sincere on Pinkaew's part, as Thailand has become rather infamous for its repressive government that enacts strict censures on filmmakers, but the level of strange ableism that deifies Tony Jaa's physicality and then uses the wheelchair-bound villain with a voicebox to represent corruption and impurity strikes me as pretty gross.…

• Michael

★★½ Watched by Michael 02 Aug, 2015

A very basic story exists only give Tony Jaa a framework for his amazing stuntwork and martial art skills. The best stunts we get to see two or three times from different angles.