• Trash Cinema

★★★½ Watched by Trash Cinema 16 Mar, 2015

Its just a nice festival of kickboxing and slapping where the bad guys are just like charachters in a video game and we just wanna see them dying and destroyed and our actor doing what he does best no talk and a lot of kicks

• Guy

★★★ Watched by Guy 02 Mar, 2015

You could remove all of the original audio, create your personal soundtrack to replace it, and the effect would essentially be the same. I mean that in the best way possible. This is a blast and it knows that it's basically a skate video for martial arts.

Oh, and that promo video in the special features featuring the RZA and his posse in some parking lot reacting to fight scenes in the movie has made me laugh much more than I'd like to admit.

• Chase Eiland

★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 28 Jul, 2014

A stunt/fighting masterpiece. I give it 5 flying elbows to the head for the action, but only 4 stars for some basic story cliches.

• Tyler Foster

★★★ Rewatched by Tyler Foster 20 Jul, 2014

Revisiting Ong-Bak after nearly a decade (and after the shameful Protector 2), it's not as impressive as it seemed in 2003, but there are still plenty of moments that land with a nice bone-cracking intensity.

Tragically, the rights shift from 20th Century Fox to magnolia (which released the sequels) was not enough to earn the movie a new transfer. Had the film been remastered, it would be an automatic recommendation, but this disc looks terrible.

• Lucas

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 11 Feb, 2015

Alright so if you are a fan of martial arts movies, then this is a must! It has some of the best fight scenes and chase scenes ever in any action movies. It's a must!

• exoplanett

★★★★ Watched by exoplanett 01 May, 2010

My first Tony Jaa film, and absolutely not my last. I'm sure I am not the only one who first came across this film on Netflix, back when Instant Que was fairly new. I had no idea what I was in for, except that it had good reviews and lots of fighting. After watching Ong Bak, I was hooked, not only on Tony Jaa but more films like it.

• NinjaDomoEsq

★★½ Watched by NinjaDomoEsq 31 Jan, 2015

The action is very good, BUT I was more interested in the early portions of the film that are less martial arts oriented and more about the story and characters. When the action happens, it feels organic, but later in the film it becomes impressive and also loaded like many other martial arts films. There's a level of realism that seems to get lost in what it is really great plot point of having a man track down something for his small village.

• Zachary Johnson

★★½ Watched by Zachary Johnson 07 Jan, 2015

Good action sequences, mediocre movie

• JaySalahi

★★★ Watched by JaySalahi 07 Jan, 2015

B- (81)

• AlvaroMortem

Watched by AlvaroMortem 03 Jan, 2015

«Ong Bak» es el choque de dos mundos fascinantes: la estética japonesa y el fondo tailandés. En el primer plano, fusila la estética de los 70's japonesa sin ningún reparo —en especial del cine de Seijun Suzuki, aunque las escenas de acción parezcan impregnadas del espíritu de Sonny Chiba—, en el segundo plano, todo se mueve bajo las sólidas coordenadas del budismo y del muay thai. ¿Cómo consiguió entonces una película tan alejada del canon occidental ser un éxito mundial?…

• Brian

★★★½ Rewatched by Brian 02 Jan, 2015

The story bits where no one is being destroyed are SOOOO BOOORRRRRIIIINNGGGGG, more so than a lot of other martial arts movies.

Probably because Jaa has negative charisma.

But when he starts elbowing everyone to hell, damn is it good. It's pretty much just a stunt reel and feels like it, but the action is still damned impressive.

• bmcdavid4

★★★½ Added by bmcdavid4

Though the film is a bit dated, Tony Jaa will always be incredible