• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Well, to begin with, "OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies" is a terrific title. Better than the film, but there you are. Watching it, I began to shape a review about how its hero, French Agent 117, was by James Bond out of Inspector Clouseau and Austin Powers (try not to picture that). But then I discovered from Variety that the character Agent 117 actually appeared in a novel in 1949; its author, Jean Bruce, wrote no less than 265…

• ninajackson

★★★½ Watched by ninajackson 22 Mar, 2014

Jean Dujardin its amazing in this film.

• Arthur Gordon

★★★★ Watched by Arthur Gordon 19 Feb, 2014

Although I'm not familiar at all with the source of the parody, this still provides plenty if laughs. Hazavinicius is a strong director, but the true star is Dujardin. The man oozes charisma and charm. He also looks a bit like Connery in several shots which I think adds to the interest here.

• Greg Dinskisk

Watched by Greg Dinskisk 16 Feb, 2014

Jean Dujardin is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors. He makes a sexist, racist, every-ist type of guy ridiculously entertaining to watch. He has this unique charm about him that makes you want to smile a little bit, no matter how stupid the words around him are. Very physical and charismatic, and it really fits into the roles he has chosen to take.

If I was a Hollywood producer, I'd try to get him on as many projects as…

• James Patrick

★★★★ Rewatched by James Patrick 12 Feb, 2014

Near perfect spoof of the Connery/60's-era Bond. Jean Dujdarin mugs and poses like there's always a mirror just off camera and the effect is all the smarm and guile you'd expect out of a French spy spoof.

• Jack Caulfield

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack Caulfield 19 Jan, 2014

French LOLs of the absolute highest order. Très drôle indeed.

• Michael Kastner

★★ Watched by Michael Kastner 05 Jan, 2014

Hat ein paar Schmunzler und Jean Dujardin ist gut in der Rolle des trotteligen Spions. Der Film plätscherte so vor sich hin. Richtig gelacht hab ich nie. Wahrscheinlich einfach nicht mein Humor.

• Goodwin

★★★½ Watched by Goodwin 02 Jan, 2014

Amusing and smart, kept aloft by Dujardin's charm.

• Daniel "PG Cooper" Simpson

★★★ Watched by Daniel "PG Cooper" Simpson 24 Nov, 2013 3

I was a huge fan of The Artist back in 2011 and have been curious about the first Michel Hazanavicius/Jean Dujardin/Berenice Bejo collaboration since. Well, Nest of Spies is good. It's a parody of the Bond films which really goes out of its way to replicate the style of 60s spy thrillers, a touch I really appreciated. Dujardin is great as the arrogant agent and Bernice Bejo does good work with a smaller part. The comedy here is mostly solid.…

• Zarban

★★ Watched by Zarban 02 Nov, 2013

This got great reviews, but I couldn't finish it. Dujardin does his best, but I didn't find it funny.

• Matt Thomas

★★ Added by Matt Thomas

Cheap, but enjoyably silly French James Bond parody. But its no Austin Powers.

• Sven Rump

★★★★ Watched by Sven Rump 02 Sep, 2013

Jean Dujardin excels in this hilarious James Bond parody that manages to balance its' wonderfully straight faced antics with some great physical comedy. Berenice Bejo is all sorts of lovely while keeping from laughing at all of Dujardin's gags. For me the film's strength lies in the fact that it never goes- well, almost never - completely over the top silly.

A very well made, especially stylistically, comedy that I would gladly recommend. Look forward to watching the second one!