• ArizonaJim

★★½ Added by ArizonaJim

Many years ago I shared an office with a woman from Nebraska who thought it was hilarious that London began to fall apart after we had had a centimetre of snow. Last Wednesday the snow was up to my knees and the trains weren’t running, the busses had stopped, there were no cars going down the road outside our house, no one was going to work, the schools were closed, so I let my son sleep on and at 7.30…

• Dennis Perkins

★★★★½ Added by Dennis Perkins

It’s a rare thing when a foreign language film can make me laugh out loud. I mean, I love foreign films, but humor is such a verbal thing and subtitles usually rob it of its timing and rhythm (plus those Swedes can be a dour bunch). Comedy works better cross-culturally when its less verbal and more physical [see: Hulot, Monsieur] and this recent spy spoof is a perfect example of why.

Based on a deadly serious series of Cold War…

• Octave_Parango

★★★★★ Added by Octave_Parango 1

This might be the funniest film ever (Only the sequel can compete). Jean Dujardin is the best guy you could possibly imagine in this role.

P.S It is probably only great when watched in french

• Craig Hart

★★★½ Added by Craig Hart

A very broad French spoof of Bond-type spy movies, involving the titular agent OSS 117, Hubert Bonisseur de la Bath (played by Jean Dujardin), who in addition to be sexist and wildly politically incorrect, is dumber than a post. He is sent to Cairo, which is a nest of spies, to investigate the death of fellow agent Jack Jefferson with whom he has a history (shown in flashback, it's more than little homoerotic). Immediately he is a fish out of…

• Rebecca

★★★ Watched by Rebecca 18 Jan, 2016

Very very VERY good parody. A little too sexist, racist, and derogatory for my liking (I know it's meant to be taken as commentary about how the world has not progressed as much as we would think we have BUT STILL) but Jean Dujardin is so so SO good I can almost look past the flaws of this movie.

• mjbillington

★★★ Rewatched by mjbillington 08 Feb, 2016

Far below the sequel in laughs but Dujardin's performance is top notch

• Josh H

★★★★★ Watched by Josh H 03 Feb, 2016

SO FUCKING GOOD. On French Blu-ray

• Owen Greenwell

★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 04 Jan, 2009

Very silly, but well made and genuinely funny.

• hohse

★★★½ Watched by hohse 12 Jan, 2016

Jean Dujardin would be an amazing James Bond.

• Mark Hodgson

★★★ Rewatched by Mark Hodgson 30 Dec, 2015

Not as much fun the second time

• Joe Gola

★★★★ Added by Joe Gola

Maybe I just happened to be in the right mood, but this completely cracked me up. I actually liked it a lot more than The Artist.

• Chevalier

★★★★ Watched by Chevalier 06 Dec, 2015 2

Dujardin really needs to make another OSS 117 film, this stuff is just a ton of fun. The right balance between homage and parody of the euro spy, with clever comedy, and good looking dames.