• rossboyask

★★★★ Watched by rossboyask 25 Sep, 2015

EXCELLENT Bond Spoof. Very funny and knowing with some genuinely thrilling action scenes. DuJardin is utterly superb.

• ejeffb2004

★★★★½ Watched by ejeffb2004 10 Sep, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

1/2 bottle
    Watch the out takes

• thori

★★ Watched by thori 07 Sep, 2015 2

Das 50/60er-Jahre Setting ist sehr schön und atmet den Geist der alten Agentenfilme aus dieser Zeit.
    JEAN DUJARDIN spielt seinen Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath alias OSS117 wunderbar schnöselig und BERENICE BEJO ist mal wieder sehr hübsch anzusehen. Witzig das beide einige Jahre später für THE ARTIST für den Oscar nominiert waren, den DUJARDIN am Ende sogar gewann.
    Hier stimmt halt leider nur das Setdesign der Humor war selten der meine. Mal sehen ob ich dem Nachfolger trotzdem noch eine Chance gebe.

• andibgoode

★★★★ Watched by andibgoode 15 Aug, 2015

I'm not always a fan of spoofs (they can come across as pretty obnoxious) but I found this immensely enjoyable. I've never seen or read any of the original OSS 117 material, but I'd say a lot of the tropes would be evident in other spy series of the '60s like, say, James Bond of which I've seen every film. So, while I may have missed some more specific jokes, I got the general idea.

Jean Dujardin is incredibly funny.…

• Thomas Mariani

★★★★ Watched by Thomas Mariani 03 Jan, 2012

Damn hilarious parody of Sean Connery era Bond. Director Michael Hazanavicius seamlessly gives the film its visual spy films of the 60s, with clever use of era appropriate rear projection and simplistic cinematography. The script does occasionally get muddled with its convoluted plot, but the jokes hit at such a consistent pace that it does more than enough to distract. Much of the humor comes from the egotistical sexism and supposed charm, which is carried well throughout by Jean Dujardin,…

• Bryan Colley

Added by Bryan Colley

You can count the great French comedies on one hand - and after Jacques Tati you're left with a thumb. Somebody please prove me wrong. If the Zucker-Zucker-Abrahams team made a James Bond spoof in French and did a really poor job of it, you'd have OSS 117. Maybe something's lost in the translation, but it sure isn't funny. Jean Dujardin mugs the camera even more than Leslie Nielsen, if that's possible.

• Fsjallink

Direction: 8/10
    Pacing/Editing: 8/10

• Dan Gaertner

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dan Gaertner 03 Mar, 2015

Hazanavicius/ Dujardin/ Bejo = Crazy Delicious.

• Sean Wu

★★½ Watched by Sean Wu 21 Feb, 2015

Much like 'Dredd', this isn't my type of film. Academy Award winner Hazanavicus' homage to silent cinema, 'The Artist', is incredible, but his spoof of the spy genre isn't.

Stupid music and stupid gags drive a plot I barely cared for. That's the negatives for this film, and they are prevalent. However, lead Jean Dujardin and OSS girl Berenice Bejo prove their chemistry again in this. They're the only reason this film is getting the score that it gets.

I'm glad Hazanavicus left the spoof genre (but apparently 'The Search' isn't the bees knees).

• Tom Morton

★★★½ Watched by Tom Morton 03 Feb, 2015

Uneven but charming. Jean Dujardin is extremely good at physical comedy and they nail the style of classic spy movies (well, Bond movies, really), but the jokes were a little hit-and-miss for me - possibly some of them don't work as well translated. The key thing for films like this is fun, though, and you can tell everyone involved had a great time on this one. The flashbacks to the lead character happily playing swingball on the beach and laughing with his dead best friend are amazing.

• Luke McGowan

★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Nest of Spies spends most of its time coasting on Jean Dujardin's considerable charm and charisma, but overall the film is a convoluted and often boring product.

• GenkiB

★★★ Watched by GenkiB 12 Jan, 2015

The tone of the movie and the casting are perfect. It's a pretty lighthearted affair but good for a few laughs. I'm not sure how big a star Jean Dujardin is in certain parts of the world but he's got such a great classic Hollywood look... I'd like to see him in more stuff.