• Luke McGowan

★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Nest of Spies spends most of its time coasting on Jean Dujardin's considerable charm and charisma, but overall the film is a convoluted and often boring product.

• GenkiB

★★★ Watched by GenkiB 12 Jan, 2015

The tone of the movie and the casting are perfect. It's a pretty lighthearted affair but good for a few laughs. I'm not sure how big a star Jean Dujardin is in certain parts of the world but he's got such a great classic Hollywood look... I'd like to see him in more stuff.

• Clarisse Loughey

Added by Clarisse Loughey

I can't recommend this movie enough. I want to just grab people in the street and scream "HAVE YOU SEEN OSS 117???"

• Jye Briscoe

★★★½ Watched by Jye Briscoe 01 Jan, 2015

This was a really fun French spy comedy, with absolutely great comedic acting from Jean Dujardin.

This plays as an excellent send up of older James Bond films, particularly Sean Connerys, and reminded me a lot of the style of comedy in Johnny English which I also loved.

I look forward to watching the sequel in the near future.

• Parker Jackson

★★★★ Watched by Parker Jackson 17 Dec, 2014

An absolutely hilarious and clever James Bond parody that clearly knows what it is and doesn't try to hide it. It also has surprisingly good fight scenes and a fantastic performance from Jean Dujardin. It perfectly captures the cheesy moments of the old Bond films (bad puns, bad green screen, over the top punch sounds, James Bond always being tied up, etc.) and had me laughing at almost every scene. Considering I had no idea what this movie would be,…

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 15 Jun, 2007

Very amusing spoof on the spy movies of the 60s, notably DR. NO. This is a French production, so there's subtitles, but anyone who enjoys a film that pokes fun at conventions will need go no further than this film ... which actually has a plot unlike a lot of satirical films. The lead is simply perfect as the virile hero, a mix of Austin Powers, James Bond and Inspector Clouseau.

• Maëva

★★★½ Watched by Maëva 14 Nov, 2014

J'aime me beurrer la biscotte !

• alphonse

★★★½ Watched by alphonse 13 Nov, 2014 2

Based on novels that were surprisingly published before the 007 series, OSS 117 is a spy spoof movie that brings back the charm of the spy movie classics. From the stylish cinematography and careful decoration and set design to the compelling storyline and characterization and charismatic performances, Hazanavicius' OSS 117 is a film that perfectly captures the essence of the famous adventure spy films. Everything works smoothly and the director is constantly poking fun at the most inconvenient situations, always…

• Artorias

★★★½ Watched by Artorias 13 Nov, 2014

A brilliant spy movie spoof which captures the essential details from the set decoration, cinematography, performances, direction, brawls, charm, storyline and cheesy lines from the 007 saga. On overall I had a great time watching OSS 117 since I couldn't stop laughing because, even though sometimes the jokes felt forced, you'd laugh at its ridiculousness.

• Bunkerwelt

★★★★ Watched by Bunkerwelt 03 Sep, 2014 3

The "OSS 117" movies are french spy movie spoofs that are somewhat akin to Austin Powers while never being even remotely as goofy as them. It is actually a little bit scary how closely this managed to resemble the classic Sean Connery Bond movies in cinematography, style and setdesign. In fact it looked like it was made in the same year as the source material.

Jean Dujardin delivers a fantastic performance as an agent that is both capable of bedding…

• Matt Heiser

★★½ Watched by Matt Heiser 06 Aug, 2014

A few funny moments, but mostly falls flat. Berenice Bejo is really a standout, even when given inferior material.

• Kirk Samuelson

★★½ Watched by Kirk Samuelson 24 Aug, 2014

Goofy and moderately amusing. And Bérénice Bejo in a polka dot dress.