• Justin Decloux

Watched by Justin Decloux 31 Jan, 2016

I watched this one because I wanted to experience the other 'Clint Eastwood is a ghostly gunfighter' film that isn't HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER. It's a snooze. Clint shows up, does his thing, beats the bad guys in the most unsatisfying way possible, and then leaves. The great Michael Moriarty is wasted.

• Aaron

★★½ Added by Aaron

Need to revisit.

• Benjamin Zook

★★★★½ Watched by Benjamin Zook 18 Jan, 2016

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

One of the finest Westerns I've ever seen. Clint Eastwood is and will always be my idol. I'm so glad I finally got around to seeing this movie. It's so beautifully directed and has some absolutely stunning cinematography!

• pillole di cinema

★★★½ Rewatched by pillole di cinema 19 Dec, 2015

#Ilcavalierepallido fa sentire sulla propria pelle la durezza degli uomini e della vita. Di poche efficaci parole e con immagini stupende.

• ScreeningNotes

★★ Watched by ScreeningNotes 09 Dec, 2015 11

"If we sell out now, what price do we put on our dignity next time?"

I love so many of Pale Rider's building blocks, but the way it puts them together put me off to an unfortunate degree. The narrative about a small town fighting against their big-business leaders and a little girl losing her faith in God has all the potential for a great story about class conflict colored with themes of religious crisis, but instead of thoughtful contemplation…

• Slappy McGee

★★★★ Rewatched by Slappy McGee 05 Sep, 2015

A return to solid form for Eastwood.
    Back to his western roots, Clint is at his strongest here.
    This is a great throwback to his older films.

Well done, sir. Well done.

• Álvaro Reyes

★★★★½ Added by Álvaro Reyes

Me gusta pensar en esta película como una “continuación” de El bueno, el feo y el malo, Por un puñado de dólares o La muerte tenía un precio. Tenemos a un Eastwood que hace una vez más de "Hombre sin nombre”, esta vez como “Predicador” (cómo mola ese puto pseudónimo para un justiciero) que llega a un lugar con problemas y trata de solucionarlos molando fuertote. Me gusta pensar que Blondie se ha hecho mayor y se ha redimido, volviéndose…

• Ezra Jennings

★★★ Rewatched by Ezra Jennings 07 Oct, 2015

The least original, least ambitious of Eastwood's self-directed westerns is still solidly crafted and enjoyable, very attractively shot on location in the mountains of Idaho and features excellent performances from the likes of Michael Moriarty and Carrie Snodgrass, great actors, criminally underused eleswhere. The final shootout is slackly handled, otherwise I'd have added an extra half a star.

• nicolas1810

★★★½ Watched by nicolas1810 02 Oct, 2015

Ο Κλίνταρος είναι ο μυστηριώδης τύπος του τίτλου,που αφού κάνει μια εντυπωσιακότατη είσοδο στην ταινία λέγοντας μια από τις γνωστές θανατηφόρες του ατάκες γρυλίζοντας όπως μόνο αυτός ξέρει,αναλαμβάνει να προστατέψει καταυλισμό χρυσοθήρων που τρομοκρατούνται από μεγαλοεργολάβο -γαιοκτήμονα της περιοχής ώστε να του παραδώσουν τη γη τους, αναγκάζοντας τον έτσι μιας και τα βρίσκει σκούρα με τον Κλιντ να φέρει έναν μπροστινό για να καθαρίσει για πάρτη του (κάτι σαν το Μπόμπολας/Θεοδωράκης δηλαδή).Πολύ καλό γουέστερν που με την άνεση που μας…

• Chase Eiland

★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 23 Sep, 2015

A girl wishes for a protector for her mining village and they get a violent "preacher" who kicks the tar out of Jaws from the Bond movies (including a sledge hammer to the junk) and Willard from Footloose (who is a bit out of his depth opposite Clint).

• Dan Snyder

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dan Snyder 20 Sep, 2015

This is one of my favorite westerns and Eastwood films. I grew up with this movie playing regularly in our household, and I'm taken back each time I watch it. My fathers love of westerns was not lost on me, though I thought so at the time. I had such a great time reliving this movie and remembering all the times that my family watched this.

• XM

★★★½ Watched by XM 28 Aug, 2015

Yo les jeunes! Scraper l'environnement pour le profit, c'est pas cool...