• Alexandra

★★★ Watched by Alexandra 16 Aug, 2014

Qué icónica la chama sedienta por el predicador.
    No le vi mucha trama, pero me gustaría volverla a ver -sin doblaje :(-

• Emmett Foss

★★ Watched by Emmett Foss 12 Aug, 2014

The best thing about this was the cinematography. There are a lot of beautiful shots, really making use of the mountain landscapes. The worst thing about this was the script. The story is dull and a lot of the dialogue was terrible. It's just plain bad. I don't think I was ever really engaged with the plot. Nothing exciting happened.

• Patrick Mullen

★★★ Watched by Patrick Mullen 08 Aug, 2014

Pale Rider is a good but not great western. Eastwood's certainly done better and more unique films within the genre, but by itself, this is a pretty good film.

Eastwood's performance is very good, as a hero to a small town that's essentially bullied by a gang. I'd recommend it for that primarily.

• Cogerson

★★★½ Rewatched by Cogerson 05 Aug, 2014 1

I found this interesting....over the last 38 years Clint Eastwood has only appeared in two westerns....his Oscar winning Unforgiven and this one, Pale Rider. This could actually be a remake of Clint's High Plains Drifter....as Clint plays a mysterious stranger (Clint says he is a ghost in this one) who arrives in a mining camp. Clint takes sides with struggling miners as they battle a rich mining company. Along the way Clint gets a change to avenge his death as…

• Nick Sutera

★★★ Watched by Nick Sutera 13 Jul, 2014

The talky parts were pretty boring. The action parts were above average. The final climax scene was impressive.

The cinematography was solid. Clint Eastwood made good use of his beautiful locale, but the low budget prevents it from being any better than just depicting pretty scenery.

The romance subplots were unnecssary.

It was alright overall.

• Cody Lang

★★★½ Watched by Cody Lang 12 Jul, 2014

Preacher kicks capitalist butt. Long live the small business owner.

• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 05 Jun, 2014

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat on him was Death . . . and Hell followed with him."- Megan Wheeler (reading from the bible)

Pale Rider is a solid Western from Clint Eastwood, but not near his best. He is great as always and the rest of the cast does a fine job as well, but some scenes just seem pointless. During those particular scenes the film feels like it just slows down and becomes far less interesting. The ending is fantastic though. I'm sure it will be better on rewatch though. 7.5/10

• Ben Lott

★★★★ Watched by Ben Lott 25 Jun, 2014

There was a time in my life when I thought I hated Western movies, now I'm starting to think I just watched the wrong ones. To be totally honest, I think this is the first Clint Eastwood Western I've every watched. It is about a group of gold prospectors who are working a small plot of land while being terrorized by a larger corporation that wants to steal their claim. Then a stranger rides into town and helps fight back.…

• theNomad

★★★★ Rewatched by theNomad 30 Jun, 2014

“And behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death.” - Megan (Sydney Penny) [from the Book of Revelation]

..:: Machismovision: Wow The West Was Fun - Film #8 ::..
    After her gold prospecting parents camp gets ravaged, and her dogs slain. A teenager sits at the pets grave and begs for a miracle... in rides our dark hero a Preacher on a pale horse. Because the McGills are running good hard working Christian folks out…

• Gregory Sahadachny

★★★★ Rewatched by Gregory Sahadachny 24 Jun, 2014

Beautifully shot. Although it's paint-by-numbers, I enjoy it. Delivers on the cliches and action it should.

• Podcasting's Brock

★★★★ Watched by Podcasting's Brock 31 May, 2014

Many shades of Shane here, and of course High Noon at the climax.

Once he revealed himself as a preacher I was hooked. What a great reveal that was.

Found the music a little too bombastic at times, but I liked it nonetheless.

All the elements work. An enjoyable watch.

Recommend

• Megan H

★★★ Watched by Megan H 24 Mar, 2014

Clint Eastwood is an odd silent, stoic preacher who is here to save the land and miners in "Pale Rider." The film seems kind of confused about whether it wants to be a western or a spoof of a western, leaving me feeling confused along with it.