• joelhwa

★★½ Watched by joelhwa 22 Nov, 2010

5/10: Directed by one of my favorite directors - Clint Eastwood, this Western came up short, was disappointed cause I heard all the good reviews. The bad guys (even the big boss) are so easy to kill, and are very cartoon-ish. However, the movie settings and cinematography is brilliant.

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★ Watched by Scott D'Agostino 04 Dec, 2014

OK Clint Eastwood Western.

• Baz The Film Guy

★★★★ Rewatched by Baz The Film Guy 03 Dec, 2014

***Watched as part of the Western Film Challenge***

• Dan Allen

★★★½ Watched by Dan Allen 25 Nov, 2014

Another great Eastwood western.

• Benjamin Devasir

★★ Watched by Benjamin Devasir 23 Sep, 2014

Really, really wanted to like it, but a really out-of-place love story got shoehorned into it, and it really took away the flow and a lot of enjoyment I could otherwise had gotten out of it.

• Ryan T

★★½ Watched by Ryan T 04 Sep, 2014

I didn't think a modernized Shane would work, but this was a pretty solid update. I'd still pick the real thing ten times out of ten, though -- and I say that even though Sydney Penny's in this one and not the other! (Making the kid a slightly older lovestruck girl instead of a very young awestruck boy complicates things needlessly, IMO.)

• KMOKLER

★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

Looks fantastic considering the year it was made it falls short at times but its very entertaining.

• Alexandra

★★★ Watched by Alexandra 16 Aug, 2014

Qué icónica la chama sedienta por el predicador.
    No le vi mucha trama, pero me gustaría volverla a ver -sin doblaje :(-

• Emmett Foss

★★ Watched by Emmett Foss 12 Aug, 2014

The best thing about this was the cinematography. There are a lot of beautiful shots, really making use of the mountain landscapes. The worst thing about this was the script. The story is dull and a lot of the dialogue was terrible. It's just plain bad. I don't think I was ever really engaged with the plot. Nothing exciting happened.

• Patrick Mullen

★★★ Watched by Patrick Mullen 08 Aug, 2014

Pale Rider is a good but not great western. Eastwood's certainly done better and more unique films within the genre, but by itself, this is a pretty good film.

Eastwood's performance is very good, as a hero to a small town that's essentially bullied by a gang. I'd recommend it for that primarily.

• Cogerson

★★★½ Rewatched by Cogerson 05 Aug, 2014 1

I found this interesting....over the last 38 years Clint Eastwood has only appeared in two westerns....his Oscar winning Unforgiven and this one, Pale Rider. This could actually be a remake of Clint's High Plains Drifter....as Clint plays a mysterious stranger (Clint says he is a ghost in this one) who arrives in a mining camp. Clint takes sides with struggling miners as they battle a rich mining company. Along the way Clint gets a change to avenge his death as…

• Nick Sutera

★★★ Watched by Nick Sutera 13 Jul, 2014

The talky parts were pretty boring. The action parts were above average. The final climax scene was impressive.

The cinematography was solid. Clint Eastwood made good use of his beautiful locale, but the low budget prevents it from being any better than just depicting pretty scenery.

The romance subplots were unnecssary.

It was alright overall.