• Alexander McCright Alex McCright

★★★★★ Added by Alexander McCright Alex McCright

Another perfect western from the man who given us so many

• Jordi Ararà

★★½ Watched by Jordi Ararà 27 Apr, 2016

El to general és superficial, hi ha escenes absurdes i algun fragment amorós que ni amb calçador. D'altra banda, l'escenari i el context de la història són fantàstics. Què pesa més? Sens dubte els morts que cauen com sacs d'arròs.

• russman

★★★ Watched by russman 24 Apr, 2016

I thought Clint Eastwood had a decent tan

• Steve G

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steve G 12 Apr, 2016

Pale Rider is a 'modern' era western that feels right out of Clint Eastwood's classic western period.

So much so that I didn't realise until a few years ago that he had only made it in 1985. It just feels like it was made earlier than that, perhaps due in part to the fact that the 1980s weren't exactly swimming in examples of the genre. Classic feeling though it may be, it definitely has a whole host of revisionist themes…

• Geoff T

★★★½ Watched by Geoff T 08 Apr, 2016

Another Clint Eastwood-directed western, of the few noteworthy entries of the decade. Eastwood reprises his "Man with No Name" role as a travelling preacher, who looks over a mining community owned by the Wheelers. The community under attack and threat by a greedy mining company headed by Coy LaHood (Richard Dysart), the preacher finds himself earning the trust of the Wheelers and the village's residents as LaHood's thugs get more hostile and violent.

Eastwood as a director knows how to…

• Christopher Lutz

★★★★½ Watched by Christopher Lutz 08 Apr, 2016

I had seen most of this movie before but had not seen the ending, and after recently seeing Unforgiven I decided to begin to watch more of Clint Eastwood's westerns. Pale Rider definitely was similar to Unforgiven in terms of it's gritty nature and the fact that much of the backstory is left unexplained. Eastwood plays a very mysterious character who ultimately much more dangerous that he first lets on. He decends from a preacher to the gunfighter he once…

• Andy Lunn

★★★★ Watched by Andy Lunn 04 Apr, 2016

Classic Clint. He was still packing a punch here, although he'd reached his mid fifties. Hey, who am I kidding, he STILL packs a punch at 85!!
    Great support from Chris Penn. Richard Kiel turns up too, but is underused.

• Lisa Clemens

★★★ Added by Lisa Clemens

Nearly a decade after The Outlaw Josey Wales, Clint Eastwood returns as a director to the genre that made his name with this elegant, spiritual Western that riffs on the classic Shane.

• Janis Devlin

★★★½ Added by Janis Devlin

Decent Clint western
    #shouldhavebeenonthesoundtrack
    Norman Greenbaum "spirit in the sky"

• Justin Decloux

Watched by Justin Decloux 31 Jan, 2016

I watched this one because I wanted to experience the other 'Clint Eastwood is a ghostly gunfighter' film that isn't HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER. It's a snooze. Clint shows up, does his thing, beats the bad guys in the most unsatisfying way possible, and then leaves. The great Michael Moriarty is wasted.

• Aaron

★★½ Added by Aaron

Need to revisit.

• Benjamin Zook

★★★★½ Watched by Benjamin Zook 18 Jan, 2016

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

One of the finest Westerns I've ever seen. Clint Eastwood is and will always be my idol. I'm so glad I finally got around to seeing this movie. It's so beautifully directed and has some absolutely stunning cinematography!