• AlvaroESalazar

★★★★ Watched by AlvaroESalazar 15 Feb, 2015

Western profundo, intenso y violento. Donde un personaje apocaliptico como Predicador encarna el héroe violento aunque en búsqueda de un ideal de justicia y defensa de las causas de los mas necesitados. Sobresalen temas como la amistad, la lucha por los ideales, la ética, los pasajes bíblicos y los duelos. Predicador Es un personaje inolvidable aunque al mismo tiempo misterioso del que no sabemos mucho, ni su nombre, ni de donde viene, ni para donde va. Al mismo tiempo, es…

• Jeffrey Rubenstein

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeffrey Rubenstein 06 Feb, 2015

Great Eastwood western.

• MovieMeditation

★★★ Watched by MovieMeditation 11 Jan, 2015

Eastwood has done thousands of westerns, and it is hard not to see this one as rather, well, pale in comparison. It feels like it takes on a tired and old storyline that you have seen many times before, and made in 1985 it also feels like it came a few years too late. Not that you can't make westerns nowadays, but this one just felt more like a camping trip than a real classic western. Eastwood is great at…

• Greg Butler

★★★½ Watched by Greg Butler 21 Jan, 2015

I have seen bits and parts of all the Clint Eastwood westerns through out the years. But I am going to make a solid attempt to watch all of them fully. Pale Rider is classic Eastwood. I liked Pale Rider but can't say I loved it. Today westerns are a lost art and very seldom see the big screen. So its nice to get back to the roots with classic Eastwood.

B-

• Kaisergustaf

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kaisergustaf 20 Jan, 2015

One of Clint's great Westerns, this is great flowing film; lacks the intensity of Unforgiven or the humour of Josey Wales. But it has so much charm and the Preacher has enough history, most of it dark, to make it an intriguing film.
    That the history is not explained but its tremendous tragedy framed for us by the dying Sheriff's last words, " You " only makes it more fascinating.
    Truly one of the great Westerns.

• TheRantAsArt

★★★½ Rewatched by TheRantAsArt 07 Jan, 2015

Clint Eastwood's third Western (of four) as star and director finds him embodying another nameless character with more than just a hint of supernatural qualities. In many ways "Pale Rider" is a close cousin or companion, if not an outright re-working, of his 1973 Western "High Plains Drifter".

The supernatural elements that lie just beneath the surface are in many ways the most interesting thing about "Pale Rider". None of them are ever explained, and I always find myself becoming…

• Pramod K Mahananda

★★★★ Rewatched by Pramod K Mahananda 03 Nov, 2014

You don't always see a dentist who is also a barber.

• El Grizo

★★★ Watched by El Grizo 05 Jan, 2015

Vintage Eastwood Western.

• AntAndJules

★★★½ Watched by AntAndJules 17 Dec, 2014

And Death rode a pale horse... Sorry, no Mr Eastwood did. Rough justice, always the best kind!

• ander

★★★ Watched by ander 01 Jan, 2015

Moderately functional as a straightforward example of projection onto mysterious blank slates. Action sequences are tense and paced perfectly pulse by pulse, even knowing Preacher's omnipotence. Still leaves me wondering, does Eastwood view all people as some combo of greedy, shockingly dumb, hypersensitive and violent? Or just some? Something to mull over at least. Sydney Penny finds numerous ways to make her atrocious acting visible even through already grody and soapy material.

• joelhwa

★★½ Watched by joelhwa 22 Nov, 2010

5/10: Directed by one of my favorite directors - Clint Eastwood, this Western came up short, was disappointed cause I heard all the good reviews. The bad guys (even the big boss) are so easy to kill, and are very cartoon-ish. However, the movie settings and cinematography is brilliant.

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★ Watched by Scott D'Agostino 04 Dec, 2014

OK Clint Eastwood Western.