Every film that has ever been nominated for an Academy Award in any category. Enjoy!
Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory
The complete inside story of the West Memphis Three.
A further investigation into the arrest of three teenagers convicted of killing three young boys in Arkansas who spent nearly 20 years in prison before being released after new DNA evidence indicated they may be innocent.
its amazing to watch all 3 films and wee the changes that these people go though and how stubborn the judge is for every appeal
3 men get convicted of a horrific murder on the fact they wear black and "worship satan " ...with no evidence whatsoever that they actually committed the crime.. how lovely is that?
its good to see that they get to finally live their lives but the shit they had to go though.. is jsut fucked
Fuck the State of Arkansas! Fuck them in their stupid backwards asses, and I'm referring to the prosecutors, police, original judge, and members of the state government who were involved in this case not the people of Arkansas. Also fuck Terry Hobbs. I can't say he killed those little boys, but he's a lying piece of shit either way. Also I'd like to say WOW! What a 180 by Mark Byers!
I watched all three of these films within a 24 hour period of each other, so the last day or so of my life has been inundated with the West Memphis Three. This one was a fitting conclusion to the sordid tale, regardless of your opinion on the judicial outcome. It was entertaining to see the familiar faces, including Mark Byers crazy ass, 10+ years later. As much as things change, things still tend to stay the same. My one main gripe is that they never tracked down the actual killer. But that's not exactly the filmmakers' fault.
Stylistically, it far surpasses the previous two films, but that's obviously due to the substantially larger budget HBO gave the filmmakers to…
New evidence, new supporters, new life. Someone seriously needs to find who killed those three children and WHY???
I concluded my binge viewing of the three part series with this movie, strangely titled Purgatory. They really should have swapped names with number two, Revelations. But I digress, what's important is this movie comes back out as the objective good guy. This is more of the hero that the first film was and less of the witch hunt. It chronicles the recent updates of the case and shows off just how much attention the two previous installments have gotten the cause. It shows the process of the experts sorting through new and damning facts and material. Experts that were brought on board with funds from fans of the series, experts who would have never heard of the case had…
So engrossing i stayed up till 7 am to watch this sprawling story.
this series ends on a high note.
this film is expertly crafted, and has the good fortune of having a somewhat happy ending. this is a welcome change from the precious entries.
this film can exist on it's own, but works well with the other pieces comprising this trilogy.
ultimately, this is probably one of the most important series of films to have been made in the last 25 years.
Final chapter spins new theories, sees how the case finally 'ended', unexpectedly.
1) IMPORTANT: This is the 3rd film of the Paradise Lost trilogy. You must watch the first two films in the series before watching this one. This is non-negotiable.
2) If this was a 'mock-u-mentary' made by Christopher Guest, it would be his best work since "Spinal Tap" and the dude that plays John Mark Byers would win an Oscar. It's not. It's a documentary about actual events and John Mark Byers is a real person. These facts, especially the latter, is unthinkably riveting.
3) My wife accuses me of crimes against our household frequently. Leaving lights on. Misplacing keys. Not tightening caps on bottles of salad dressing so when they are shaken, salad dressing explodes on everything, mostly the…
- The Racket
- 7th Heaven
- Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
- Chang: A Drama of the Wilderness
- The Brood
- Winter Light
- The Changeling
No idea if there is a list for this yet, but I think I will keep this as kind of…
- Bus 174
- Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood…
- Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About…
- Deep Water
- The Devil and Daniel Johnston
I do love a good documentary so here's 100 of them that I personally recommend listed in rough order of…