• joelhwa

★★ Watched by joelhwa 17 Apr, 2011

4/10: They should have stop at part 1 and not "franchising" it. It's lame. It also feels like a rush job in order to capitalize on the original's success.

• Jonathan Davies

Watched by Jonathan Davies 31 Mar, 2013

Watched at home on own

• MovieMan23

★½ Added by MovieMan23

Bad sequel to the ok movie.

• alf025237

★½ Added by alf025237

o que já era péssimo, conseguiu ficar pior ainda. sequencia totalmente desnecesssária.

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 16 Mar, 2014

“Paranormal Activity 2″ zeigt mehr vom Gleichen, liefert gegenüber “Paranormal Activity” aber mehr Schockeffekte. Ja, man hat die Hauptakteure ausgetauscht ansonsten erlebt man so ziemlich genau den gleichen Ablauf wie im Vorgänger.

Doch dies ist gar nicht schlimm, denn das Konzept funktioniert auch ein zweites Mal. Wenn im Vordergrund etwas passiert und im Hintergrund langsam eine Tür zufällt sorgt dies einfach für eine angenehme Gruselstimmung. Und auch, dass man die ganze Zeit im ungewissen ist, wann denn nun ein Schockeffekt…

• Adrian Zachow

★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 26 Jan, 2011

Much less effective than the first one. All the same elements are there, but we know what's coming, and the build up is clumsy.

• Adalira Morningstar

★★★ Rewatched by Adalira Morningstar 16 Nov, 2014

That rumbling sound that announces the demon's arrival is probably meant to be ominous, but really just sounds like this family has the misfortune of being haunted AND living beside the airport.

Demons fucking hate pool vacuums, I guess. What an odd thing for a paranormal entity to despise. Then again, I once saw a guy wearing a shirt that simply read "FUCK STATUES" so I guess even humans can have weird dislikes they feel very strongly about. I always…

• Charlie Derry

★★½ Watched by Charlie Derry 28 Oct, 2014

I like how the story continues and works as prequel, but not nearly enough happens in comparison to the first film. There are less scares and we see even less of whatever's in the house. I did like the inclusion of a dog and a baby, though, which adds a little more fear factor.

• Rick Niley

★★★½ Rewatched by Rick Niley 31 Oct, 2014

Stop #2 in revisiting the Paranormal Activity franchise reconfirms my initial opinion that this is far and away a much stronger outing than the original. Polished with much of the bloat stripped away, the film is given proper plotting to justify some of the sillier gimmicks while also utilizing a camera structure that minimizes noticing jump-cuts and the arbitrary nature of the presentation (who is cycling between these cameras is the biggest mystery after all).

There's still a fair share…

• RonnieGardocki

★½ Watched by RonnieGardocki 23 Oct, 2010 2

White people still be scared of shit: The Motion Picture. But hey, Opie's wife is in this...to get killed.

• Jacob Gehman

★★★½ Added by Jacob Gehman

Much better than I was expecting. Manages to both be cohesive as an actual sequel while still managing to do its own thing and be its own film. The characters are much better this time around, though the scenario feels slightly less believable. Of course, regardless of the different scenario (acting as a prelude of sorts to the first Paranormal Activity), the second movie delivers a similar brand of possessed house shenanigans.

• Luke Ryan

★★★ Watched by Luke Ryan 06 Oct, 2014

I've always had a fairly judgemental, negative view on the Paranormal Activity movies. The first was a hit, cost next to nothing to make, and so of course a slew of sequels have hit the big screen over the past few years. I did like the first one in parts, and was dragged to see the third film in the cinema. I hate seeing sequels out of order, even for a series I don't really like, but Paranormal Activity 3…