• TheJamesTaylor

Added by TheJamesTaylor

Some interesting effects, but still slightly higher budget crap.

• PezEspada

Watched by PezEspada 19 Apr, 2015

Muy mal.

• Ayden

★★★ Rewatched by Ayden 17 Apr, 2015

___________________________________________________________
    Film #10 of the "Scavenger Hunt" Challenge!
    letterboxd.com/ayden/list/scavenger-hunt/
    10. A film that scares you
    __________________________________________________________

Needless to say, these Paranormal Activity films usually scare the hell out of me. Even Part 4 and the Mexican one. Unfortunately for me, when viewing this movie for the second time, it's got nothing on Parts 1 and 3. In my opinion, they're the best of the lot and maybe even a couple of the best horror films in recent memory.

Paranormal Activity…

• tobe_whooper

★★★ Watched by tobe_whooper 11 Apr, 2015

Lacks both the freshness of Pt. 1 and the surprises of Pt. 3, but it has its moments. The formula hadn't yet been worn out and it still had plenty of life in it. Not a waste of time.

Cf. [REC]2

• Alan Jones

★★★ Rewatched by Alan Jones 06 Apr, 2015

These formulaic movies especially don't get much love, but I nearly shat myself so they must be effective.

• Paukzen

★★½ Watched by Paukzen 05 Mar, 2011

DVD, Casa Pollio

• Jamie Rogers

½ Added by Jamie Rogers

When was i suppose to be scared? Do invisible demons, falling pans, and closing doors count as horror? The movie has a very loose plot, which is that the demon wants the baby, but it doesn't go into any detail about it. The filmmakers would obviously prefer of we look at a screen where nothing exciting is going on, then BANG! Obvious jump scare! Also, everyone in the film is horrible.

• Gimly

★★ Added by Gimly

Though I didn't hate Activity 2, I totally felt as though it both lacked the originality and power to be a worthy prequel to Activity 1, as well as completely failing to stand up on its own.

While I'm perfectly willing to give the upcoming Activity 3 a go, I think I appreciated Activity 1 less than most, and found that Activity 2 to be significantly further down the scale for me.

It's got just enough intrigue to it to…

• Jamaal121

★★★ Added by Jamaal121

Ultimately a better made than film the first one, although obviously less fresh. The security camera approach removes most of the "Why are they still filming" plot holes, and the building on the mythology of the first film is done well. But there is also a little too much teasing in this one (they pan over security cameras where there's nothing happening, but the movie primes you to look for little things so you don't notice.)

• David Lawrence

★★½ Watched by David Lawrence 20 Feb, 2015

In a nutshell: I suspect this would have resonated with me more had I seen it in the cinema, disconnected from the real world and sharing the suspense with an audience in the dark. A viewing in my living room with my other half, who crucially had already seen it, found me very disconnected from the material and experiencing it as a rehash of the first film and bringing very little new to the series. I still find the found-footage…

• Ann-Marie Commons