• frankryan

★★★½ Added by frankryan

good second part of franchise

• Parker

★★ Rewatched by Parker 27 May, 2014

This is a lot like the first one, but 15 minutes longer, way more boring and with a bigger anticlimax.

There's a couple creepy scenes, though. And they do manage to make a fairly interesting take on a sequel to a film that clearly was originally never meant to have a sequel.

• e sandoval

½ Watched by e sandoval 17 May, 2014

meh.

la media estrella es por el primer susto cuando se abren todas las alacenas de la cocina.

• Mariel R.A

★★½ Watched by Mariel R.A 16 May, 2014

nada nuevo muestra esta película como tal, capaz amplia un poco el universo del film... tiene creo que solo 3 escenas que salvan la patria, y me molesta que un personaje simplemente no lo nombren mas... aunque si me gusto como esta interlazada con la 1era y como fuerza a una continuación... y me molesta que traten de forzar si porque algunas respuestas... coño es mas fácil preguntar y ya y no darlas por hecho...

• trigjosh

★★★★★ Rewatched by trigjosh 14 May, 2014

Chronologically this film is set prior to the first with some flashbacks and overlapping.

PA2 centres around Katie's sister's family, they too are experiencing phenomena. Tensions rise, and Katie passes on her advice on how to deal with the phenomena, the effects are much the same as the first one as the film-makers intelligently crank the tension and suspense up as we've come to expect. Some peeps aren't fond of this one, but you need to watch it if you follow the series as it adds to the narrative.

• Alastair Hendry

★★★½ Watched by Alastair Hendry 26 Oct, 2010

Not as scary as the first. Maybe thats just because the concept isn't new anymore. This was still a good film though and it had its scary moments. The climax was disappointing however and didn't come close to matching the original. I really did like the way they tied the two films together however. Nicely done! (26.10.10)

• Dukefrukem

★½ Watched by Dukefrukem 19 Apr, 2014

Rehashing old tricks.

• cineedo
  • AngelsArcanum

★★ Added by AngelsArcanum

They forgot to add a genre...'comedy'.

This movie was absolutely hilarious; the totally inept timing for the "thrills" just made everything super goofy looking, the furthest thing from frightening. Dozens of girls' shrill screams filling the theater were met with my explosive laughter, it was a wonderful time.

Except when it actually got serious in the last 20 minutes like every PA movie. That bit was a little creepy, and depending on your look at it, it could be detrimental…

• RandomMr411

★★★★ Added by RandomMr411

Just like with 21 and Over, I was the minority of people who liked this. I think this one was immensely frightening. I don't see how people thought this was dumb.

• Kyle Rogers

★½ Added by Kyle Rogers

Stupid, pointless and nowhere near as clever and fresh as the original, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2 is the shitty kind of sequel that works AGAINST the original. I'm convinced that the original will never be looked at as a good film because of what this series has become.

• devilniced

Rewatched by devilniced 22 Mar, 2014

La segunda vez ha empeorado mucho.