• Matt Brady

Watched by Matt Brady 19 Oct, 2016

Watched as part of my Halloween spookathon since I'd only seen the first in the series, and man, I wish I hadn't bothered. This was boring and pointless, with only about two decent scares in its entire runtime and an abrupt ending that I think tied into part 1, but I can't be bothered to try to remember. I had been thinking I might try to check out part 3, since it's supposed to be good, but this terrible experience has thoroughly disabused me of the idea.

• Jay D 's Watching

★★★ Watched by Jay D 's Watching 16 Oct, 2016

Well, that was a pleasant surprise.

The original Paranormal Activity film was one of those things that seemed kind of ridiculous when taken as a straight narrative, but was weirdly effective at the metaphorical level. Paranormal Activity 2 ...kind of builds on that? The original metaphors (buying a house, settling down together) are exploded by the fact that it expands the universe, but it feels much more like a generational thing now, as the focus shifts to the sisters themselves…

• Hershal

★★★½ Rewatched by Hershal 15 Oct, 2016

I don't remember being that impressed with this one when I last saw it in the theater but this second viewing might have fixed that. They get more creative with the video footage. They take these little throwaway bits from the first movie and weave them into the narrative and start to build an actual mythology that, having seen the rest of the movies, actually works in a way that the SAW movies could only dream of. It amps up…

• dagarabedian

★★ Rewatched by dagarabedian 15 Oct, 2016

Still the weakest of the first three films.

• movie_dude16

★½ Watched by movie_dude16 21 Apr, 2016

Mild improvment over the first, but still sucks, First 60 minutes are exactly the same. Nothing happens. The last 20 minutes at least shit happens and i was interested in that. But the rest of the movie was pure shit;

• Kristjansen

★★½ Watched by Kristjansen 08 Oct, 2016

Question 1: Did they just use an inverted deux ex machine technique to get rid of that dude?:

- "So how do we get the man of the family to not be home, to let scary shit happen?"
    - "Uhm... Can't he just say 'I know my family is in shambles, but I have this important meeting?' "
    - "That's perfect!"

Question 2: Would that be a Diaboli ex machina moment?

• Jordan Paolillo

★★½ Watched by Jordan Paolillo 03 Oct, 2016

"I don't know if the house is haunted, but I hope it is."
    - ALI REY

PROS:
    - Better use of multiple cameras than the first instalment
    - Sound design is much more affective

CONS:
    - Falls victim to a lot of nothing happening (this time even slowing down the pacing)
    - Scares are less affective as minimal to no tension builds up to the jump scare
    - Hits the exact same beats as the first instalment
    - Minimal character…

• anne_f_

★★ Watched by anne_f_ 04 Oct, 2016

The stars are for the very good acting, the actors were really up against it with such a dreadful story, so well done to them.

• Shawn Stubbs

★★½ Rewatched by Shawn Stubbs 07 Oct, 2016

The buildup is drawn-out to the point of tedium and the scares are meager at best.

• Luis_989

½ Added by Luis_989

Un brutal anestesia en materia fílmica. Una película en la que no ocurre nada.

Este filme para mi es el peor de toda la franquicia.

*******************************************************************

A brutal anesthesia in filmic material. A film in which nothing happens.

This film for me is the worst in the franchise.

• MSimpson

★½ Watched by MSimpson 04 Oct, 2016

A slight improvement from the first one. It's essentially the same stuff as before though.

• tash

★★★ Rewatched by tash 02 Oct, 2016

told myself i would watch all of these, in order. this one was a rewatch.

i think i like this one best, so far. it's an interesting addition after the first one, where you get to see the story of the first movie continued in a way that maybe you weren't really expecting. up until this point, i'm okay with it being continued, as i think this adds to the whole thing rather than takes away from it. the story…