• Kyle Rogers

★★½ Added by Kyle Rogers

The charm of the first Paranormal Activity has already worn off within the first minute of this film.

• SlasherReviews

★★★★½ Added by SlasherReviews

Paranormal Activity 2 is the sequel to the sleeper hit that freaked horror buffs out in 2009. This is a near perfect sequel that both clever as it is relentless. In some respects in a better film than the first. They use what made the first film so terrifying and magnify it by adding more camera and a bigger location. It makes this "where's Waldo" style into a playhouse of terror. How they were able to a sequel to a…

• lalapuput

★★★★½ Added by lalapuput

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Andrew Amphlett

★★★ Watched by Andrew Amphlett 30 Dec, 2013

A much better improvement over the first film with clearly taking the little story and exploring the reasons in which the demon has been haunted the two sisters for their whole lives, making room for best sequel so far Paranormal Activity 3.

This sequel managed to do something creative with scares scenes by using productive effects and good timing but still has problems in places with dragging some scenes out too long.
    Worth checking out!

• Matt Thomas

★★ Added by Matt Thomas

The original wasn't perfect, but it at least built the tension well. This doesn't at all.

• fearghal1986

★★★½ Added by fearghal1986

Very good sequel,although I get annoyed with people's ability to figure out exactly what demon is in their house and what exactly it wants by checking the net

• Owen Hughes

★★★½ Rewatched by Owen Hughes 01 Nov, 2013

Initially, prior to re-watching the whole Paranormal Activity franchise, I would probably have been of the opinion that this first sequel to Oren Peli's original was the best in the series. It is the most slick, some of the scares are the best of all 4 films, and the story is progressed quite well. Characters alluded to in the previous entry are given plenty of background here. Not so much that it forgets what type of movie it actually is…

• Jorren Thornton

★★★ Added by Jorren Thornton

Better than the first, not as well done or compelling as the third. Some fine legitimate scares.

• Mike Demski

★½ Watched by Mike Demski 29 Oct, 2013

Boring and desperate. It's always painful to watch filmmakers struggle to establish a mythology that was never intended to exist in the first place.

• TommySyk

★★½ Watched by TommySyk 04 Nov, 2013

Halloween 2013 - Movie #12

Nowhere near as good as the first movie, but still very creepy! I love the atmosphere and tension build-up in these movies! The ending was kind of 'meh', and the fact that we already knew what would happen kinda took me out of it a bit. I look forward to watching the third PA tomorrow!

• John Winters

★★★ Watched by John Winters 31 Oct, 2010

Not bad, much better than the original.

• Oli Jeffery

★★★★ Watched by Oli Jeffery 31 Oct, 2013

My issue with most prequels is that they tell you stuff you already know. Paranormal Activity 2, whilst nowhere near as scary as the original, pulls off the neat trick of changing your understanding of the first film without ruining it. The first, previously terrifying but nonsense, is now a proper story, with everything neatly and cleverly wrapped up. Well played, Paranormal Activity.