• Dakota Dutrow

Shit Tier

• Belfry

★★½

An okay film, I like the characters! I didn't like the credit sequence at the end.

• Ryan Abbott's Movie Reviews

What I got to say about "Paranormal Activity 2" is a sequel to the first one, but I will say it's not as good as the one was. "It has too many jump scares to a point that there times the predictable and times that they're not. In other words, I didn't find this one scary at all." The performance by the cast is awful to a point that these actors seem that they don't even care what happens to…

• Eddie Ryan

★★★

This sequel was actually better than the original. I think my biggest complaint about the original was that I hated the characters. This one at least I felt more invested.

• Jacob Hamblen

When your pet sitting and have nothing to do, you might as well turn on the TV and watch some mediocre horror movies. Paranormal Activity is pretty boring. It's pretty much a rehash of the first with a baby in it. not awful, just incredibly bland.

• C.R. Blazo

★★★½

Not a bad prequel to the original Paranormal Activity. The surefire prequel would be part 3, where we go back to when the sisters were kids, but part 2 is also a prequel. This installment is about Katie's pregnant sister Kristi and her family. They experience what they think is a break-in, where the house is ransacked but nothing is taken. They go about professionally installing cameras throughout their house. What the cameras record is no break-in. The house and…

• Xenia Kingsley

This felt like a lot of build up but nothing much happened. Really it was just setting the franchise up for part 3, I guess.

• Matt Brady

Watched as part of my Halloween spookathon since I'd only seen the first in the series, and man, I wish I hadn't bothered. This was boring and pointless, with only about two decent scares in its entire runtime and an abrupt ending that I think tied into part 1, but I can't be bothered to try to remember. I had been thinking I might try to check out part 3, since it's supposed to be good, but this terrible experience has thoroughly disabused me of the idea.

• Jay D 's Watching

★★★

Well, that was a pleasant surprise.

The original Paranormal Activity film was one of those things that seemed kind of ridiculous when taken as a straight narrative, but was weirdly effective at the metaphorical level. Paranormal Activity 2 ...kind of builds on that? The original metaphors (buying a house, settling down together) are exploded by the fact that it expands the universe, but it feels much more like a generational thing now, as the focus shifts to the sisters themselves…

• Hershal

★★★½

I don't remember being that impressed with this one when I last saw it in the theater but this second viewing might have fixed that. They get more creative with the video footage. They take these little throwaway bits from the first movie and weave them into the narrative and start to build an actual mythology that, having seen the rest of the movies, actually works in a way that the SAW movies could only dream of. It amps up…

• dagarabedian

Still the weakest of the first three films.

• movie_dude16

★½

Mild improvment over the first, but still sucks, First 60 minutes are exactly the same. Nothing happens. The last 20 minutes at least shit happens and i was interested in that. But the rest of the movie was pure shit;