• Jeremy Heilman

Watched by Jeremy Heilman 17 Sep, 2010

Passion Play, the debut feature from screenwriter Mitch Glazer, has been described as a fable. More appropriately, I’d say, it is a self-indulgent sexual fantasy run amok. Starring Mickey Rourke as a jazz musician who runs afoul of a gangster (by sleeping with his wife, naturally), the film offers superficial romantic noodling that kicks off when he comes across a girl in a carnival who sports real wings (Megan Fox). Perhaps it’s needless to say, but Rourke and Fox are…

• Keith Goulette

½ Watched by Keith Goulette 25 Jun, 2015

The people responsible for this are either total idiots or complete and utter geniuses, I honestly can't decide.

• Joseph Blackwell

Watched by Joseph Blackwell 19 Mar, 2015

This is a film so bad that I wondered if it was in on it's own joke, but there seems to be such an air of earnestness that I realised that it couldn't be. This is just one of the most ineptly written and directed films I have seen in a long while despite the mostly talented cast. Christopher Doyle's cinematography is just about the only noteworthy aspect of an utterly bizarre trashfest.

• pwnny

½ Added by pwnny

you know it's bad when Megan Fox is out-acting most of the cast.

• Timothy E. RAW

½ Watched by Timothy E. RAW 29 Nov, 2014

Passionless fairy tale farce played straight, and so monotonously morose there's not even an ounce of hilarity to be enjoyed from something so hackneyed.

• Frozone

½ Watched by Frozone 29 May, 2014

I feel bad for Bill Murray for being in this atrocity.

• Taj

★★★½ Added by Taj

Lots of quirky characters and a nice casting flip having Rourke as the good guy and Murray as the heavy. It’s a tale of a washed up jazz musician who runs into trouble with gangsters and seeks his salvation through Lily (Fox), a “winged woman” he encounters at a carnival side show in the middle of nowhere. Give the film some time to grow on you and it will reward your patience in the end. Unfortunately, for screen writer Glazer (Scrooged) who wrote the screenplay and made this his directorial debut, it was not successful at the box office. And, yes, the title has meaning.

• Eric Robert Wilkinson

Watched by Eric Robert Wilkinson 06 May, 2011

Dear Mickey Rourke,

First, allow me to say what a huge fan I have been for several years now. You are truly a wonderful actor, and deserving of more respect than I think you receive. I believe my true infatuation began with Barbet Schroeder’s Barfly (1987), a classic, in which you portrayed Henry Chinaski, the alter-ego of writer Charles Bukowski. This darkly comic portrait of alcoholism run amok was the best portrayal of a drunk in any movie, anywhere prior…

• MovieGenius

★½ Watched by MovieGenius 15 Nov, 2013

If you spend some time in Charleston, South Carolina, you are bound to run into Bill Murray or someone with a running-into-Bill-Murray story.

Most of the stories are rote variations of "plebeian fanboy freaks out a little upon seeing a celebrity," but the freaking out is always absorbed by the coolness or the weirdness of Bill Murray. Thus, these rote, plebeian stories are just weird enough to be sorta interesting.

But no one ever congratulates him for his work in…

• Johnathan Detrick

Watched by Johnathan Detrick 17 Jul, 2013

I applaud the ambition behind the filmmaker, but this movie is dull. Deathly dull. The performances are fine and the intent is good, but wading through this film to search out the few interesting nuggets is not worth the time.

• Badass_Buddusky

½ Watched by Badass_Buddusky 18 May, 2013

In Passion Play, you get Mickey Rourke's best Clayface impression, Megan Fox with wings, The Room-style rooftop green screens, Bill Murray as a gangster, Chuck Liddell as a thug, desert circus freaks, and STILL the movie is a total fucking bore.

Just an awful, awful, awful, awful movie.

• Bubs

★½ Watched by Bubs 09 Jul, 2011

Elämä potkii jazz-muusikkoa kupoliin. Pientä piristystä tuo outolintu, jolla on kivat tissit.

Nyt ei taas ihan auennut.