• Miguel Ravelo

★★★ Watched by Miguel Ravelo 17 Apr, 2014

Por un lado, me gustó que sea un documental en el que el director se ve realmente en aprietos porque desde un inicio, no hay la empatía suficiente entre él y su protagonista, Paul Williams. Se ve que por más que lo intenten, no hacen clic. Y esto sirve porque poco a poco vemos cómo Kessler se lo va ganando.

Por otro lado, y por lo que no le doy más estrellas e inclusive puede parecer contradictorio con lo dicho…

• Adam Lowes

★★★½ Watched by Adam Lowes 09 Apr, 2014

Enjoyable look at a terrific, still largely underapreciated, singer/songwriter. Director Stephen Kessler's very personal efforts to get under the skin of the occasionally frosty Williams makes for some humorous and quite touching moments.

• Pete Schultze

★★★★½ Watched by Pete Schultze 17 Feb, 2014

Quite interesting in spite of a really intrusive, annoying documentarian.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 14 Mar, 2013

A great documentary about a forgotten singer songwritten that was on everything in the 70s. Is one of the few documentaries were i have seen the subject turn attention of the documentary to the director. It becomes a great document of a friendship

• Jeff Mahady

★★½ Watched by Jeff Mahady 02 Dec, 2013

The documentary was sold as being the story of Paul Williams and finding out where he went. What it ends up being is a glance of this interesting man's past with him dodging a great deal of the heavy questions. The director never seems to be in the driver's seat with this film.

• Katherine

★★★★★ Watched by Katherine 02 Dec, 2013

The Carpenters. Barbara Streisand. Kermit the frog. So many people have sung Paul Williams songs and he's no doubt one of the most influential song writers that no one ever knows about, but then you see some footage of him on the Johnny Carson show or with The Muppets and you think "yeah, I remember that dude." But you really didn't realize how important he was to music and to entertainment in general. At least I didn't, not until I…

• Pete Laurie

★★½ Watched by Pete Laurie 01 Oct, 2013

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Dan Gaertner

★★★½ Watched by Dan Gaertner 16 Oct, 2013

Interesting portrait of a famous individual who is no longer famous... if you get what I mean. I do not think you really get to know Paul Williams with the film, but what little the man does reveal is enough to propel the film forward.

• nicksel

★★ Watched by nicksel 09 Oct, 2013

Sweet subject, erratic and superficial portraying.

• dritchie

★★½ Added by dritchie

Not really about Paul Williams.

• Lacy McKay

★★★★½ Added by Lacy McKay

I am a huge Paul Williams nerd, so this is right up my alley. In a way, it’s a touching documentary about a guy who has been through it all, and is happy with his life; in another way, it is a look back on a cultural icon through a true fan’s eyes.

• BlueEyedSoulBro

★★ Watched by BlueEyedSoulBro 04 Aug, 2013

I was hoping for more depth and more of Paul Williams. Instead the director seems to keep pulling this film back to himself. Terrible interviewing skills, poor editing and just general obnoxious nature on the part of the film-maker make this feel like "My Vacation with Paul Williams". He spent over two years filming Mr. Williams and this shallow look at a man who is clearly filled with emotion and talent is all we get? Shame.