• Hannah McCarthy

★★★★ Watched by Hannah McCarthy 22 Oct, 2016

• louisa

★★★★ Watched by louisa 18 Oct, 2016

all the women in this are strong af

• John Ananias

Watched by John Ananias 14 Sep, 2016

I've been wanting to see this one for years, and to my delight, it's much funnier and more human on the whole than I expected.

• Blaise Astra

★★★★★ Rewatched by Blaise Astra 17 Oct, 2016

Another day, another two viewings. Being a teacher is like parenting a toddler in that you've gotta be willing to sit through the same movie a hundred times. Fortunately you at least get to pick the movie.

• timkujawa

★★★ Watched by timkujawa 14 Sep, 2016

Interesting film of the life of an Iranian girl/woman. It's a great film to get the political and cultural changes of a country from someone's point of view. She works both as a representation of the culture but she's also very unique to herself, growing up with a Bruce Lee fascination, exploring ideas of socialism etc. she's her own person, and a compelling one at that. The fact that it's animated works to its advantage very well too. I'd recommend this film to most, the middle gets a little long but it still works very well.

• Austin Gaebe

★★★½ Watched by Austin Gaebe 15 Oct, 2016

Uuuugh enough with the French-Iranian black-and-white 2D animated films already?

Seriously though this film is very interesting, well-acted and beautifully animated.

• Blaise Astra

★★★★★ Watched by Blaise Astra 13 Oct, 2016

Possibly one of my favorites ever.

• Jenna

★★★★ Watched by Jenna 05 Oct, 2016

I've had 'Eye of the Tiger' stuck in my head all day because of this movie and I LOVE it.

• bliean

★★★★★ Watched by bliean 07 Sep, 2016

This is one of the best movies I have seen. It is so unique, so different and new. I was wary about the animation style, but it just added to the whole story. It was a fantastic blend of drama, tragedy, even humor. It was fantastic.

• Alexander Abrams

★★★½ Added by Alexander Abrams

This autobiographical animated feature dealing with the coming of age of a young girl in Iran during the revolutionary period is witty and engaging all way through, as well as technically brilliant, yet its narrow middle class view makes you wince from time to time. Co director Marjanne Satrapi, born in 1969 into a progressive middle class Iranian family, tells how as a young girl she witnessed the fall of the shah, the coming of the Islamic regime, the brutal…

• Zach a.m.

★★★½ Watched by Zach a.m. 17 Sep, 2016

A fascinating, personal recollection of puberty animated in immense colour of personality.

• Debbie

★★★★½ Watched by Debbie 17 Sep, 2016

A cultural identity crisis, Persepolis manages to delve into its story layer after layer - and there seems to be something interesting at every turn. Through the voice of Marjane Statrapi, the animation traces her as a child living in Iran up to teenager pre and post revolutionary Iran. It is her perspective which makes this utterly rewarding to watch; retrospectively the film begins from her present-self wishing to return back to Iran, but having no passport of boarding pass…