• emonemo

    ★★★★★ Watched by emonemo 25 Mar, 2015

    Lo tiene todo: una protagonista con una personalidad y un carácter imparable, una animación increíble, habla de la política y sociedad iraní, del amor, del desamor, hay comedia e incluso un número musical.
    La historia más bonita y desarrollada que he visto. Imprescindible de ver.

    View

  • Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

    ★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

    One of the best animated movies I've seen. Visually unique and full of heart.

    View

  • sinreglaniborra

    ★★★½ Watched by sinreglaniborra 23 Mar, 2015

    beautiful animation and a lovely, saddening story. i love the fact that this offers a point of view that has more to do with politics than religion.

    there will be people, after watching this movie, thinking "oh, those muslims always denigrating those poor women". well, those people don't understand shit. radical wings of religion are just vomitive rather we speak of islamic, jew or catholic. and yes, they exist

    View

  • Ben Miranda

    ★★★★ Added by Ben Miranda

    So, out my sudden apparent urge to watch Oscar nominated non-Disney animated movies of foreign origin, I watched Perseoplis, a low-key biopic meditation on the Iranian Revolution and its affects on Iran as seen from Marjane Satrapi's autobiographical graphic novel.

    Now, I will say I expected something that was very emotionally raw experience, but instead, the story is told in an emotionally reserved, restrained manner, more akin to a daydream then an emotive experience. This, in a way, fits the…

    View

  • Lorne Evans

    ★★★★★ Watched by Lorne Evans 17 Mar, 2015

    Truly captivating in both animation style and subject matter, Persepolis is easily one of the top 3 films I've viewed this year. With a distinct protagonist, this is a film I can already tell will stick with me.

    What is so fantastic about Persepolis is the seamless connection of Marjane's daily experience and the continued struggles of post-revolutionary Iran. So often war movies fail to show how battle effects uninvolved civilians.

    Highly recommended.

    View

  • Fsjallink

    ★★★★ Watched by Fsjallink 16 Mar, 2015

    Visuals/Presentation: 9/10
    Story/Screenplay: 8/10
    Acting: 7/10
    Audio/Music: 8/10
    Direction: 8/10
    Pacing/Editing: 8/10

    View

  • jvilchez

    ★★★★★ Rewatched by jvilchez 25 Feb, 2015

    Nos muestra la historia de Irán entre los años 1970 - 1990, su situación social, política y religiosa, visto a través de los ojos de una joven "Marjane"; podemos ver el resultado devastador que genero la política y la religión dentro del país.

    El caos se genera principalmente cuando la religión se involucra en la política; reprimir la población daña el sistema, somos seres que nacimos para ser libres y será lo que siempre buscáremos.

    Y aunque la realidad es diferente a la mía y la de mi país en ocasiones me sentí muy identificado.

    "La libertad siempre tiene un precio".
    —Marjane.

    View

  • Pamela Rahn

    ★★★★★ Watched by Pamela Rahn 12 Mar, 2015

    Un guion increible, unos diálogos repletos de furia, la animación diferente y adictiva, me encanto.

    View

  • Alex Keipper

    ★★★★½ Added by Alex Keipper

    Persepolis is a charming testament to what an animated film can be. Based on Marjana Satrapi's autobiographical series of graphic novels, the film translates her vision to the screen with proficiency and care. The story is that of a girl, a universal coming of age tale, but this tale is set in a war torn Iran on the brink of revolution. We see Marji grow from a girl into a young woman into an adult, slowly realizing over the course…

    View

  • creamy

    ★★★★ Added by creamy

    Set against a backdrop of social, political and religious unrest, Persepolis tells the tale of the processes behind a revolutionary modern Iran, seen and interpreted through the curious eyes of a young girl.

    Persepolis challenges the weight of decisions made by the bourgeoisie upon popular society, offering a glimpse into the prejudices suffered by the people at large at the time. Issues such as the individual’s role in war and the state’s censorship of the West are prevalent. In particular…

    View

  • Henrik Wilhelmsson

    ★★★★½ Watched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 08 Mar, 2015

    Beautiful film about the tragic history of Iran in the 1970:s until today.

    View

  • DenisseGP

    ★★★★ Added by DenisseGP

    Persépolis va de la historia de Marjane, una niña Iraní y de cómo tiene que vivir la situación de Irán en los años 70s. Durante su niñez vive lo que fue el régimen del Sah. Está basada en la obra original de Marjane Satrapi, una historietista Iraní nacida en 1969.
    Pensando en que el paradigma de Syd divide las historias en tres actos, el primer acto o planteamiento sería que la niña tiene que crecer en este contexto histórico de…

    View