• placentipede

★★★½ Watched by placentipede 19 Oct, 2014

The was the most entertaining trash I've seen in awhile.

• brad_baker

★★★★ Watched by brad_baker 16 Oct, 2014

Let the geysers gush and the red stuff rise. It's motherfuckin Pieces!
    For years, this film has been cherished among horror fans and is notorious for being one gnarly slice of Euro/American gore cinema.
    And it's true!
    Great pacing, kill scenes that would make any indy horror filmmaker weep and an ending that will undoubtedly make you squirm.
    Prime October viewing material.
    Remember to wear that poncho, because with Pieces...you are without a doubt in the splash zone!

• Tony Garcia

★★★½ Rewatched by Tony Garcia 15 Oct, 2014

31 DAYS OF HORROR: Day 15

Holy Mother of God- even in the blood-soaked annals of Euro-sleaze cinema, Pieces is truly something special. Pieces is a mash-up of giallo traditions, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, & the All-American sorority slasher. How does one survive in this world when you don't know about the dangers of Kung Fu masters lurking in dark alleyways? Or the fact that you can cut a girl up in broad daylight with a chainsaw & no one will notice.…

• Fish

★★★½ Watched by Fish 14 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• jthm1138

★★★ Added by jthm1138

Just re watched this and it's a fairly good slasher flick from the early eighties. Definitely worth checking out, if you get the uncut version. Plenty of gore, although the ending doesn't fit the storyline.

• BallingAintEazy

½ Watched by BallingAintEazy 09 Oct, 2014

This is probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen but fuck it. It was a good time.

• David Raposa

½ Watched by David Raposa 09 Oct, 2014

It's everything you ever wanted in an inept 80s slasher film: gratuitous blood, gratuitous nudity, poorly choreographed fight sequences, all sorts of useless slow-motion, an awful soundtrack, dialogue that was written by a spambot ("Here's your coffee. It's instant, I'm afraid." "It's fine. I love the cream." "Well, of course; this is New England."), buckets of unintentional comedy (cf. the killer waiting for an elevator next to his victim-to-be with a goddamn chainsaw hidden behind his back), a Guttenbergian lead…

• Khristopher Marang

Watched by Khristopher Marang 07 Oct, 2014

once again: enjoyably idiotic

• Maksi

★★★ Watched by Maksi 05 Oct, 2014

Le film baigne dans une ambiance crasse où la bande-son sinistre participe activement, mais les longueurs, la monotonie et le manque d'originalité dans les nombreux meurtres diminue progressivement le plaisir et l'excitation provoquée par la scène d'ouverture délirante.

• imstillakid

★★★ Added by imstillakid

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• adam_j_scott

★★★★ Rewatched by adam_j_scott 26 Sep, 2014

Not much else I can say other than.....this film goes right from the jugular!
    Certain elements are downright silly, but as far as I'm concerned it makes this movie all the more entertaining!!

Lots of people in the cast that are familiar to me from other Spanish/Italian horror, oh yea and Bluto from the Popeye movie.

This is something that should be in your collection if you are a horror/gore (maybe a giallo?) fan.

• Alesia

★★★★ Watched by Alesia 22 Oct, 2013

When the film begins, with the mother yelling insanely at the young boy for doing a puzzle of a nude girl, you expect a dull Psycho copycat movie, and then he brings in an axe and hacks her to pieces. There is a lot of fantastic gore in this movie. Maybe the characters and dialogue aren't so great, but it makes you laugh, so the movie isn't just gore. I really enjoyed this, and I recommend it to grindhouse and foreign horror fans.