• TheVideoNasty

★★★★ Added by TheVideoNasty

Pieces is a piece of shit but that's what makes it so good.

• georgetomacini

★★★★★ Added by georgetomacini

Probably the most extraordinarily trashy slasher movie ever made. The film is nonsense and insane in equal measures. It has what morons like to call "a go-for-broke insanity" to it. Buy it, don't rent it. You'll love it. Choice lines: "you have...nothing to worry about" "Yes, he's forty one years old and he lives with his mother!" Etc.

• Cliff

★★★★ Added by Cliff

*parrrrp* "Casanova!"

Not just so bad it's good --- so shite it's brilliant.

At least one new favourite hilarious moment on every viewing. The best bad slasher movie of all time.

"I guess I'm so used to bodies. Dead ones, that is."

• Cappie Chamberlain

★★★ Watched by Cappie Chamberlain 14 Aug, 2014

Pieces is an amusing and gore drenched mess of a movie. It features awful dubbing, atrocious dialogue and day-time tv worthy performances. But all of those parts come together in the most earnest way possible to make for a truly entertaining horror film.

It also features a retarded and completely out of left field horror ending to rival Sleepaway Camp. I laughed so hard.

• footbalhuck

★★★½ Added by footbalhuck

An absolute bizzare belted of a movie. What a cheesy slasher movie should be in every sense.

• jthm1138

★★½ Watched by jthm1138 25 Jul, 2014

This movie gets a lot of love on slasher review sites so I thought I'd give it a try. Bad acting and a messy plot but other then that not a bad slasher, I've seen much worse.

• Dan Auty

★★★★ Watched by Dan Auty 21 Jul, 2014 4

Glorious trash. Exactly the reason I like this kinda thing.

"BASTARD!! BASTARD!!! BASTARD!!!!!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCCxGQetNrk

• Jerry Downing

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jerry Downing 18 Jul, 2014

Connection to previous movie - Lynda Day George

This movie is so awesomely bad. Crazy dubbed dialog, over the top kills and a silly plot. I love the scene where the Asian guy jumps out of the shadows and attacks one of the main characters and blames it on having eaten some bad chop suey. So great.

• Simon Jay

★★★ Watched by Simon Jay 10 Jul, 2014

Your jaw will drop at this. It is so competent in its ridiculousness, so thorough in its outrageousness; think of every horror cliche, turn them up 100% and then get everyone involved to take it deadly seriously... THEN... you'll have something close to pieces.

It's almost as if its poor-dubbing, writing, acting, effects etc. were so contrived that it was some masterpiece of grind house chic; every grainy cut-away, every blood-splattered booby, bizarre police chatter and undercover lady tennis-players nonsense.…

• Kenji Fujishima

★★★ Watched by Kenji Fujishima 04 May, 2014

There's something perversely admirable about the purity of this Juan Piquer Simón hack-'em-up from 1982. The chainsaw-wielding murderer is first glimpsed as a boy chopping up his mother after she castigates him for looking at nudie mags; he resumes his misogynistic serial killing at some New England university, targeting a bunch of random college girls, all seen in various states of sexy undress before they're fatally victimized, in unabashedly splatterific (and, in one memorably insensitive instance, panties-wetting) fashion. Sex and…

• Ross Birks

★★½ Watched by Ross Birks 02 Jul, 2014

This film has a lot going for it at first glance, at least if that first glance is at the poster. The title, the tagline, you just gotta watch that film, right? One you get stuck into the actual picture it becomes one of those “so bad, it’s good” movies. I mean, the film opens in the 1940s but the first shot you see is a phone from the 80s and a lewd jigsaw puzzle that is post-60s at least.…

• Michael Audet

★★★½ Watched by Michael Audet 21 Jun, 2014

"I'll send you a box of lollipops."

The "so-bad-it's-good" phenomenon is no new ground in cinema, especially horror, but there's still some fun to be found in "Pieces" that is difficult to find elsewhere. This film has bad acting, painful dubbing, idiotic dialogue, and a paper-thin plot which only exists to carry the film from gory murder to gory murder. Still, "Pieces" is much more than the sum of its parts: this ridiculous, honestly awful film is a wonder to…