• Mr. DuLac

★★★★ Watched by Mr. DuLac 19 Apr, 2014

Who knows? Right now we're just buying clothes without labels and trying them on for size.
    -Sgt. Holden

Glorious exploitation slasher sleaze. Bad dubbing, worse dialogue and a ridiculous plot sprinkled with moments of pure illogical nonsense come together to form a perfect storm of gore and horror. One moment you have a killer lobbing off a woman's limbs with a chainsaw, then police detective's giving full access to their investigation to college students and an inexplicable cameo by Bruceploitation

• K.O. Svines

★★★★½ Rewatched by K.O. Svines 17 Apr, 2014

Silly, overly gory Spanish slasher/giallo with horrible dialogue and a Fabio Frizzi-esque soundtrack. Pure awesomeness!

• Bob Sergey-Miller

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bob Sergey-Miller 03 May, 1999

Yes I own a laserdisc version of this Film! Hahaha! Scary Film that I don't watch too much because it would make me sick. The storyline is a guy who goes around terrorizing a college campus with a chainsaw. The first three minutes of Pieces are the best in the whole Film. The killer as a kid gets caught by his mother while he is putting together a puzzle of a nude woman. What happens next, I'll let you figure it out. The fact that this Film is made in Spanish is really different and probably the reason that it is so hard to find.

• Sally Jane Black

Watched by Sally Jane Black 25 Mar, 2014 1

It's hard to know where to begin with this one.

It makes no sense. I mean, not if you think about it.

Let me back up. Let's talk about bad dialogue. There's so many ways to screw up on dialogue: make it unnatural sounding, make it clumsy exposition, make it too flowery, etc. This film is a master class in bad dialogue, and it should be used in schools to illustrate why bad dialogue is bad. It's not simply because…

• Gibnerd

★★★½ Watched by Gibnerd 19 Mar, 2014 1

on one hand Pieces is a wild, weird Italian splatter gore slasher classic and on the other it can be painfully dullsville. it's a delightfully nasty movie where everything picks up once a kill is about to happen. it's that time in-between the kills where you just wish all of the movie could just have that same sick energy. still, it has some brilliant low budget gore effects and an A++ zinger of an ending. if you like the nasty, and you haven't seen it yet, by all means try it out.

and here it is: youtu.be/X-bd8HCJYMk

• Scott Reynolds

★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Reynolds 16 Mar, 2014

This is a movie like no other. It's like aliens landed on our planet, watched a few slasher movies, then decided to make their own slasher movie.

And it is so completely crazy -- in a way that each crazy setup is topped by another. I mean, after the first five minutes, I thought there was no way they could go crazier. But this movie does.

It has the heroine (a former pro tennis player, turned police woman, now working…

• Chris Ward

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Ward 13 Mar, 2014

An early '80s slasher that pretty much does what it says on the box. It doesn't have the quality of Friday the 13th but in terms of slasher films from the era it's up there and is probably more enjoyable than many of the so-called classics.

• GW Johansson

★★★ Added by GW Johansson

When I hear the title of this movie, I just think of the Peter and Gordon song...

I go to pieces and I wanna hide
    Go to pieces and I almost die
    Everytime my baby passes by

...hell, thinking about it now it should have been the theme song.

• Radu Conopan

★★★★★ Watched by Radu Conopan 23 Feb, 2014

Young co-eds are being cut up by a chainsaw killer on a college campus. The killer is attempting to put together a human jigsaw puzzle made from body parts.

• Liam Underwood

★★★ Rewatched by Liam Underwood 17 Feb, 2014 3

Pieces is good sleazy fun, but does have a couple of issues. There are a couple of nonsensical moments and the acting is of questionable quality, but really, this is to be expected from a film with the tagline 'You don't have to go to Texas for a chainsaw massacre!' We are not dealing with high art here.

I personally would have liked a more established lead character to have been introduced. The plot jumps around haphazardly in its eager…

• Chris Browning

★★½ Watched by Chris Browning 10 Feb, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Josh Slater-Williams

Rewatched by Josh Slater-Williams 02 Feb, 2014

"It's exactly what you think it is."