• Filipe Furtado

★★★ Watched by Filipe Furtado 03 Aug, 2015

Competent mean spirited horror chiller from Spain. The police mostly watches around while the deranged killer walks with a chainsaw through a college campus chopping female students to pieces. Some very good gruesome killing scenes (more films should feature waterbed kills), even if the film never becomes very substantial or stylish beyond those moments. Co-written under pseudonym by Joe D'Amato which explains the film ultimate sick perspective.

• DMB

★★½ Watched by DMB 30 Jul, 2015

Legendario Splatter Made in Spain, no es una gran peli pero no por ello debemos mandar al olvido a un pionero como Juan Piquer Simón.

«Existe la mentalidad, aquí en España, de que sólo podemos rodar películas con tipos con boina o cine comprometido. Nos está vedado rodar películas de aventuras, de terror u otro género, terreno reservado exclusivamente a los cineastas anglosajones»

J.P. Simón (1994)

Algunos todavía no han caído de la burra a día de hoy.

• fulciman12

★★★★ Rewatched by fulciman12 21 Jul, 2015

Bad chop suey.

• gullyer

★★★½ Watched by gullyer 15 Jul, 2015

Good gore, nice kills, cheesy voiceover.

• Ron Williams

★★★★★ Watched by Ron Williams 13 Jun, 2015

A double feature at the Mahoning Drive-In with Evil Dead, Pieces is an amazingly fun and completely insane film.

Side note: because the Drive-In never converted to digital they show all their films from 35mm prints. While I was waiting for my cheeseburgers and fries at the concession stand I decided to duck my head into the projection booth, which was an open door right there. The projectionist, who's probably just thrilled to still have gigs like this at this point, hooked me up with a few frames from the print which he had to snip to splice the reels together. Big win for me.

• SmokingPizza

★★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

The 'other' Texas Chainsaw Massacre haha but really it's just as good as that but underrated... well, kinda I guess. I hear/read enough people talking about it, but I didn't know about it for the longest time but when I finally saw it it became one of my favorite horror/slasher films. Another great from Juan Piquer Simón.

• Peter Gatt

★★½ Rewatched by Peter Gatt 03 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Boston 1942. Naked woman jigsaw puzzle. Axe in the head, poor Mommy. 40 years later. She lost her head. "Most beautiful thing in the world is smoking pot and fucking on a waterbed" . "We're out buying clothes without labels and trying them on for size". Body discovered. Paul Smith is great. Jazz Ballet. Losing an arm in an elevator. Crazy Karate Asian. Death on a waterbed. Crazy music. "Bastard, Bastard, Bastard!". Spiked coffee. "I'll send you a case of…

• James

★★★★ Rewatched by James 27 Jun, 2015

As an eighties slasher movie, Pieces really delivers everything you could want. The notorious hilarity is the real entertainment factor, along with the absurd amount of gore and ample nudity. It might be a little long, but other than that, genuine entertainment.

• An Angry Bear

★★★★ Watched by An Angry Bear 17 Jun, 2015

An amazing end to a very inventive slasher film.

• Chase Whale

★★★ Watched by Chase Whale 16 Jun, 2015

Filthy, fun giallo cinema.

• tobe_whooper

★★★ Watched by tobe_whooper 16 Jun, 2015

Whodunit-style slasher with a few really well-executed stalk-and-kill sequences and not much else. There's an interesting psychosexual element to the killer's motivation that the filmmakers sadly don't go anywhere with.

Cf. Prom Night