• jmclaughlin83

★★½ Rewatched by jmclaughlin83 27 Jan, 2016

A group of young film students renovate an old movie palace to put on an all night horror-thon, and a killer is in their midst.
    Better premise than it is executed, but has a fun love of the presentation and history of theatres.

• Keith Abt

★★ Rewatched by Keith Abt 27 Jan, 2016

This flick had one of the best poster/tag lines ever: "BUY A BAG - GO HOME IN A BOX."

College film students rent out a theater for a fund raising "all night horror-thon" of gimmicky '50s schlock movies. Unfortunately, someone who might be connected to a deranged avant-garde film director from years past is also in attendance and he starts picking them off one by one during the show.
    This early '90s video store & cable favorite is pretty dated now but it's still a fun watch, particularly for the jokey "films within the film" being shown in the theater.

• Corin Ennis

★★★ Added by Corin Ennis

Like a weird mix of Opera and Stagefright, some great moments of scene chewing, the main plot is a bit convoluted.

• Sascha Nolte

★★★½ Watched by Sascha Nolte 19 Jan, 2016 3

Oft sträflich übersehene, typische spät-80er Videoware mit ungewöhnlicher Produktionsgeschichte, die zu einem recht einzigartigen Resultat geführt hat. Schön und recht kultig.

• Bennett Hipps

★★★ Watched by Bennett Hipps 12 Jan, 2016

A film class decides to throw an all-night horror movie festival to save the old theater, featuring all the gimmicks and showmanship that traveling movie roadshows used to employ. On tap for the night are a giant mosquito movie (complete with a big mosquito prop that flies out a the audience), a Tingler-esque movie that uses electric buzzers under the audience's seats, and a funky Japanese sci fi horror movie that employs scented gasses that match the odors described on…

• Marie Bardi

★★★ Watched by Marie Bardi 02 Jan, 2016

Some real questionable reggae in this movie.

• scott gibbons

★★★ Watched by scott gibbons 28 Nov, 2015

A Extra Star for a Police Academy 5 reference.

• Nathan West

★★★ Watched by Nathan West 31 Oct, 2015

I vividly remember this VHS box from when I was younger and I remember how, for whatever reason, I never rented it. Wishing now I would have; this movie should be a cult classic!

A bunch of weird/nerdy film students decide to put on an all-nite horror movie show at a rundown local theater (complete with a "fixin-it up" montage) which then invites the presence of a faceless psycho killer who then starts knocking off our students one by one.…

• Andrew James

★★★½ Watched by Andrew James 29 Oct, 2015

Nothing overly special and certainly goofy and cheesy and funny in places, but it's got some things going for it other films don't have.

The make-up effects are pretty tremendous and I really enjoyed all of the B-movie recreations the kids did for the festival. Fun watch in a group setting.

• jokainii

★★★★½ Watched by jokainii 24 Oct, 2015

A fun examination of horror and why we like to see murder and mayhem... as long as it's fake. Movies within movies, secret identities, strange dreams. This movie's got it all, and holds a mirror up to it all.

• Jason Hernandez

★★★ Watched by Jason Hernandez 24 Oct, 2015

I've been to horror festivals and I can tell you that it's very rare for a crazed, revenge-minded, burned-up psycho killer to show up and start making barbecue out of people in the theater. About the worst drama you can expect from these things is a guy knocking over your popcorn when he gets up and scoots his way down the row for a bathroom break—and what the hell kind of movie would THAT make? The makers of Popcorn wisely…

• jon_nunan

★★★ Watched by jon_nunan 25 Oct, 2015

Thought I'd seen this before, but I hadnt. Kinda okay at first, but got lame.