• Walter Farley

½ Added by Walter Farley

I thought this was an Orville Redenbacher bio-pic. Spent 2.00 for this turd. Why Amazon has it listed for no less than 57.00 used is a travesty of Total Recall 2012 proportions. Do not watch and for god sakes do not buy it either. The Orville Redenbacher movie would have been better.

• Foz Rotten

★★★½ Watched by Foz Rotten 16 Mar, 2014

I can finally mark this one off the list!
    One of my ashamed to say I hadn't seen films.

A fun early 90's Horror with a lot of familiar faces.
    I can't believe it's taken me so long, I really dug it!

• Alan Dorich

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alan Dorich 21 Feb, 2014

When I saw this film when I was younger, I gave it a thumbs down. We all do things we're ashamed of. Years later, I recognize POPCORN is a miracle of horror filmmaking, especially given that it was the product of two directors, Mark Herrier and the uncredited Alan Ormsby, who was replaced three weeks into shooting.

Except for some scenes that suggest the killer having supernatural powers, POPCORN is otherwise a coherent, incredibly enjoyable treat, about a scarred killer…

• brad_baker

★★★ Watched by brad_baker 31 Jan, 2014

Set in a gorgeous theater, great use of moody lighting, and some decent special effects. Wasn't crazy about the overly goofy villain...other than that, fun flick!

• Cevin Moore

★★½ Rewatched by Cevin Moore 21 Jan, 2014

Suffers from being greatly sanitised and a ludicrous exposition scene where the finale should really be kicking in, but it's saved by some creative albeit bloodless deaths and likeable, if stereotypical, characters.

• Gibnerd

★★★ Watched by Gibnerd 20 Dec, 2013

Popcorn is a weird one. it's a real time capsule of the early 1990s and the weird state horror films were in during that time. the fans were sick of onslaught of slasher films and bit of gothic style horror was starting to creep back in. This film was started by the legendary Alan Ormsby, who brought us the nasty classics Deranged & Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. Ormsby left the film early on but his presence still can be…

• Walter Farley

½ Watched by Walter Farley 23 Oct, 2013 1

• Jeremiah

★★★★ Watched by Jeremiah 18 Oct, 2013

Great underseen slasher set in a movie theater during a horrorthon. Of special mention should be the films they show within this film. "Mosquito", "The amazing electrified man", and "The Stench" all looked like they would make fun features.

• David Steigman

★★★ Watched by David Steigman 16 Oct, 2013

It was a decent film,a little satire on cheesy movies. Worth seeing once but I wasnt blown away to the point of wanting to own it.

• Herrguth

★★ Watched by Herrguth 11 Oct, 2013

Part of Herrguth's October of Horror.

Messy script and and an uninteresting and boring main character.

The beginning I found scary, but the script was simply too messy to keep the creepy atmosphere and instead we get a rushed climax that is a bit of a letdown.

• Gavin Rye

★★★ Watched by Gavin Rye 26 Sep, 2013

There isn't all that much to Popcorn, but it is a fun little film. I love the fake films that are playing at the marathon and the cinema setting is really good and used pretty well. There are some good effects on show too with the killer using people's faces over his own. It's all very Phantom of the Opera and I quite enjoyed it.

• kaila Starr

★★★ Watched by kaila Starr 06 Oct, 2013

Careful guys ......Movies Kill !