• Donald May Jr

★★★★½ Rewatched by Donald May Jr 30 Jul, 2015

Watching a screener of our upcoming transfer, so I can check audio sync, etc.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★½ Watched by Antonio Quintero 23 Jul, 2015

SAW IT AT CINEMA SNOBS HORROR MOVIE NIGHT
    Even though this is a 90s horror film, It feels more like an 80s horror film. It has really good make up effects and other practical effects. the movie is about this students that are doing an all night horror movie marathon. they played this clearly fake horror movies and they look really fun. This is one of those times when I really want to see the fake movie. I love that the killer is in obsesss with movies. Please, do not be dissuased by the bland title for this movie, this is really good.

• Elwood Jones

★★★ Watched by Elwood Jones 11 Jul, 2015

One of those surprising films which haven’t for one reason or another managed to gain the cult status it deserves, this was a film I was recently introduced to by Jason from “Your Face” who picked at as one of his two films when he came on the podcast. Unlike his other selection “Sorority Babes In The Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama” this was a film which immediately grabbed me unlike the previously mentioned film which honestly might have killed this blog had…

• Josh

★★★½ Watched by Josh 10 Jul, 2015

A very fun and original slice of 90's slasher heaven, Popcorn introduces a ton of ideas that aren't fully realized until 1996's Scream. It has the perfect meeting of meta with over-the-top 80's slasher cheese, and for me that combination worked really well. The killer's motive is pretty well-explained and the twists are overall quite surprising. The deaths are also all vastly different and very creative for the most part. It's by no means a perfect movie, but Popcorn is always a good time and the killer is creepy as hell.

• Mike Mariano

★★★ Watched by Mike Mariano 30 Apr, 2015

Would Mosquito beat Mant in a fight?

• Peter Gatt

★½ Watched by Peter Gatt 30 Apr, 2015 1

Masks. Bad dream (with great visuals). Dee Wallace-Stone "Hello!, hello!, hello!". Hey she looks a little like Winona Ryder. "This is the age of safe sex". Guy in wheelchair. Dreamland Theater. Hey it's Uncle Martin. Old fashioned popcorn machine. Shock clock. Electrified seats. "I look like a fucking snow cone". Found footage. "I am The Possessor". Lanyard, his name is Lanyard! sheesh. Cosplay monster movie audience. Mosquito in 3D. Automatic Mosquito. Death by stinger. Wink. Attack of the Amazing Electrified…

• Andrew Kelly

★★★ Watched by Andrew Kelly 01 Aug, 2014

Weird teen schlocker that recasts Charlie Manson as the Phantom of the Opera, with a 'save the rec centre' kind of vibe laid on top to spice it up. So 80s, yet so '91.

• shellofsnail

Rewatched by shellofsnail 04 Oct, 2014

Print quality: B.

• swellzombie

★★★ Watched by swellzombie 22 Mar, 2015

I liked the fake movies that were in this. Having it take place in a theater was great and reminded me of working at cinemas.
    However, the killer guy was a little too lonely and talkative.

• Emalie

★★½ Watched by Emalie 22 Mar, 2015

Toby didn't even have it that bad, he was such a drama queen.

• kyle poling

★★★★ Added by kyle poling

5 WORD REVIEW; SCREAM OWES THIS A PAYCHECK

My #1 all time favorite slasher movie. It came out in the 90's at a time when the slasher boom has run it's course and it still found a way to become self aware a full 10 years before scream did it. A way more original movie than it gets credit for.

• seanymills

★★½ Watched by seanymills 25 Jan, 2015

This is one of the most boring films that I've ever seen. No, I am not kidding. Yikes!