• Mike Mariano

★★★ Watched by Mike Mariano 30 Apr, 2015

Would Mosquito beat Mant in a fight?

• Peter Gatt

★½ Watched by Peter Gatt 30 Apr, 2015 1

Masks. Bad dream (with great visuals). Dee Wallace-Stone "Hello!, hello!, hello!". Hey she looks a little like Winona Ryder. "This is the age of safe sex". Guy in wheelchair. Dreamland Theater. Hey it's Uncle Martin. Old fashioned popcorn machine. Shock clock. Electrified seats. "I look like a fucking snow cone". Found footage. "I am The Possessor". Lanyard, his name is Lanyard! sheesh. Cosplay monster movie audience. Mosquito in 3D. Automatic Mosquito. Death by stinger. Wink. Attack of the Amazing Electrified…

• Andrew Kelly

★★★ Watched by Andrew Kelly 01 Aug, 2014

Weird teen schlocker that recasts Charlie Manson as the Phantom of the Opera, with a 'save the rec centre' kind of vibe laid on top to spice it up. So 80s, yet so '91.

• shellofsnail

Rewatched by shellofsnail 04 Oct, 2014

Print quality: B.

• swellzombie

★★★ Watched by swellzombie 22 Mar, 2015

I liked the fake movies that were in this. Having it take place in a theater was great and reminded me of working at cinemas.
    However, the killer guy was a little too lonely and talkative.

• Emalie

★★½ Watched by Emalie 22 Mar, 2015

Toby didn't even have it that bad, he was such a drama queen.

• kyle poling

★★★★ Added by kyle poling

5 WORD REVIEW; SCREAM OWES THIS A PAYCHECK

My #1 all time favorite slasher movie. It came out in the 90's at a time when the slasher boom has run it's course and it still found a way to become self aware a full 10 years before scream did it. A way more original movie than it gets credit for.

• seanymills

★★½ Watched by seanymills 25 Jan, 2015

This is one of the most boring films that I've ever seen. No, I am not kidding. Yikes!

• Goremaster

★★★ Added by Goremaster

Better than Midnight Movie Massacre, which has a similar plot.

• thingshappen40

★★★★ Added by thingshappen40

Premise: avant garde director Lanyard Gates murders his family onstage and proceeds to burn down the theater (patrons included) as part of the devilish 3rd act after the premier of his film THE POSSESOR.15 years later bodies begin to pile up @ the same theater and many believe Gates to be alive and up to his old tricks.
    Enter a troop of film students and their teacher who plan to host a horrorthon to fundraise for the continuation of their…

• Sc8lo

★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 29 Jun, 2011

I didn't realise this is from 1991. Good cast. Poor movie.

• Erik Bergstrom

★★★½ Watched by Erik Bergstrom 30 Mar, 2014

The meta elements within Popcorn aren’t new to the horror genre, but they’re perhaps the most fun and tongue-in-cheek. It’s not as bloody or in-your-face as Scream a couple years later, but what it lacks in gore it makes up for in inventiveness. Popcorn’s story of a killer running amok in a theater of horrors is entertaining when viewed through an early 90s lens; yet horrifying when viewed in the present.