• Kate

★★½ Watched by Kate 03 Oct, 2015

This had a really good premise and honestly I was expecting a bit more from it. It kind of hits the wall a little over half way through. Still worth a watch though, some neat death scenes and Dee Wallace are reason enough to see it.

• Russell Anderson

★★ Watched by Russell Anderson 20 Sep, 2015

Not great, but there's a seedlings of an idea with the cult that shoots experimental movies. I was kind of digging that. But the idea wasn't explored enough.

• fulci420

Added by fulci420

This has it's fans out there but I found this to be a complete mess. There are moments of inspiration but you can really feel the production difficulties in the muddled way this feels put together. Worst of all it falls into that horror/comedy trap where nothing is ever too scary or too funny.

Originally this was directed by Alan Ormsby who had a fairly prolific career as a writer both in the genre and out. He would be replaced…

• mexicancheese

★★★★ Watched by mexicancheese 09 Sep, 2015

Movies about movies and movies within movies are some of my favorite things. Popcorn is/has both these things which makes it my kind of movie. It's about this college girl (played by Jill Schoelen) who has nightmares involving blood rituals and a creepy man. She's a film student who thrives off these nightmares using them as fuel for the screenplay she's been working on. Her film department is suffering from budget cuts so they plan on putting on a classic…

• Donald May Jr

★★★★½ Rewatched by Donald May Jr 30 Jul, 2015

Watching a screener of our upcoming transfer, so I can check audio sync, etc.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★½ Watched by Antonio Quintero 23 Jul, 2015

Even though this is a 90s horror film, It feels more like an 80s horror film. It has really good make up effects and other practical effects. the movie is about this students that are doing an all night horror movie marathon. they played this clearly fake horror movies and they look really fun. This is one of those times when I really want to see the fake movie. I love that the killer is in obsesss with movies. Please, do not be dissuased by the bland title for this movie, this is really good.

• Elwood Jones

★★★ Watched by Elwood Jones 11 Jul, 2015

One of those surprising films which haven’t for one reason or another managed to gain the cult status it deserves, this was a film I was recently introduced to by Jason from “Your Face” who picked at as one of his two films when he came on the podcast. Unlike his other selection “Sorority Babes In The Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama” this was a film which immediately grabbed me unlike the previously mentioned film which honestly might have killed this blog had…

• Josh

★★★½ Watched by Josh 10 Jul, 2015

A very fun and original slice of 90's slasher heaven, Popcorn introduces a ton of ideas that aren't fully realized until 1996's Scream. It has the perfect meeting of meta with over-the-top 80's slasher cheese, and for me that combination worked really well. The killer's motive is pretty well-explained and the twists are overall quite surprising. The deaths are also all vastly different and very creative for the most part. It's by no means a perfect movie, but Popcorn is always a good time and the killer is creepy as hell.

• Mike Mariano

★★★ Watched by Mike Mariano 30 Apr, 2015

Would Mosquito beat Mant in a fight?

• Peter Gatt

★½ Watched by Peter Gatt 30 Apr, 2015 1

Masks. Bad dream (with great visuals). Dee Wallace-Stone "Hello!, hello!, hello!". Hey she looks a little like Winona Ryder. "This is the age of safe sex". Guy in wheelchair. Dreamland Theater. Hey it's Uncle Martin. Old fashioned popcorn machine. Shock clock. Electrified seats. "I look like a fucking snow cone". Found footage. "I am The Possessor". Lanyard, his name is Lanyard! sheesh. Cosplay monster movie audience. Mosquito in 3D. Automatic Mosquito. Death by stinger. Wink. Attack of the Amazing Electrified…

• Andrew Kelly

★★★ Watched by Andrew Kelly 01 Aug, 2014

Weird teen schlocker that recasts Charlie Manson as the Phantom of the Opera, with a 'save the rec centre' kind of vibe laid on top to spice it up. So 80s, yet so '91.

• shellofsnail