• Nathan Jongewaard

★★★½ Watched by Nathan Jongewaard 02 Mar, 2015

Slow build up to a pretty great, pretty intense finale, with the usual Carpenter humor in camaraderie. For a movie called "Prince of Darkness" it weirdly stays fairly grounded, yet manages some genuine gross-outs and one flat-out terrific image.

• Ty Landis

Watched by Ty Landis 24 Feb, 2015

This is good. A badass synth score (natch), a lot of chilling imagery, and loads of crazed supernatural fuckery. But mainly, I just want Donald Pleasence to be happy.

• Mark Taylor

★★★★ Rewatched by Mark Taylor 16 Feb, 2015

Watched the Shout Factory blu-ray today and forgot how much I dug this film in the theaters - hadn't seen it since then. Maybe the new awesome John Carpenter solo record - Lost Themes on Sacred Bones label influenced me to watch it - I enjoyed it equally as much! Wonderful creepy pacing and nice wide, slow shots of whole cast working out the spirituality and the science. Part 2 in the Apocalypse trilogy and I enjoy it equally to…

• fulci420

Added by fulci420 4

As a young horror enthusiast (probably saw this around 10-12) this was one that left me cold, too slow and weird for me to appreciate. Watching it today I have certainly warmed up to it but I would not place it up there with top tier Carpenter films, and it's clearly the weakest of Carpenter's "Apocalypse Trilogy" in my mind. Carpenter has always been in his own league when it comes to the look and feel of his movies and…

• Liliana Medina

★★★★½ Rewatched by Liliana Medina 14 Feb, 2015

One of my all time faves.

• Monica Castillo

★★★½ Watched by Monica Castillo 11 Feb, 2015

"That's caca!"

• Jeffrey Levy

★★★★★ Watched by Jeffrey Levy 11 Feb, 2015

Very underrated. It did not do well when it originally came out, and left a dull impression on me after all these years. But, after watching the 35mm screening last night, it was like finding a lost treasure. Another Carpenter classic!

• Connor Burns

★★★½ Watched by Connor Burns 11 Feb, 2015

dug it

• TheRantAsArt

★★★½ Rewatched by TheRantAsArt 06 Feb, 2015

"Prince of Darkness" is not one of John Carpenter's stand out pieces of work, yet, as with all of his films, there's a lot to like in it. It's a low budget horror film set in modern Los Angeles that entails a priest (Donald Pleasance), a quantum psychics professor (Victor Wong) and his students, and some other random scientists who are all investigating a strange container in the basement of a church. It's never really clear what it is that…

• Coop

★★ Watched by Coop 03 Feb, 2015

John Carpenter is the director of truly great films like The Thing, They Live or Halloween. Then he made this piece of shit.

• Blair Sterrett

Watched by Blair Sterrett 16 Jan, 2015

Couldn't stay awake. I wanted to like it but couldn't get into it for some reason.

• COBRARocky

★★★★ Watched by COBRARocky 19 Jan, 2015

Holy shit, those opening credits just keep right on going.

Its a little hard to take a movie that has a jar of green goop as its antagonist seriously, although a movie in which Alice Cooper stabs a nerd who is listening to Alice Cooper with a bicycle is pretty funny.