• AniDji

★★★½ Watched by AniDji 21 Nov, 2014

Le chat de Schrödinger rencontre Satan qui rencontre Alice Cooper qui rencontre des dialogues sans queue ni tête.

Encore une trame sonore réussie.

• Phil

★★★ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Devarsi Ghosh

★★ Watched by Devarsi Ghosh 14 Nov, 2014

What a ridiculous movie. Hard to sit through it sober but it is so unintentionally funny (which is the trademark of a bad horror movie) that it can be a great film to watch stoned.

• Bowie

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bowie 07 Nov, 2014

I like it more with each rewatch. The principle cast is great, especially Pleasence and Wong. The whole movie could have just been the two of them talking and it might actually be a better film. It's also clear that no one can get more out of homeless people standing still than Carpenter.

• Stephen Earnest

★★ Watched by Stephen Earnest 05 Nov, 2014

I tend to like John Carpenter films; I also tend to think that he is a terrible director. The man has a penchant for filling the frame with startling imagery—a penchant that proves to be his greatest asset here—but his one-note, stylized, near self-parodic approach is largely grueling. He is a rare breed of filmmaker; one that has the ability to envision and set up potentially horrifying scenarios and create lasting, nightmarish images, yet rarely pulls through when it comes…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 06 Nov, 2014

Rating: B+

• Hemi

★★★ Added by Hemi

I liked this movie. The fact it had the guy from "Big Trouble in Little China" was a huge plus for me.

You also get small bits of Alice cooper playing a bum leader.

The fact the demons or monsters pretty much piss on you to turn you is funny.

Plus the semi happy/sad ending makes me happy. (Sick of happy fun time endings where all is well.)

• BilltheThrill

★★★★ Watched by BilltheThrill 01 Oct, 2014

Probably the scariest (and for sure the creepiest) John Carpenter film I've seen. The icy synth-driven score is among the best I've heard in any film--it really is wonderfully apocalyptic. Prince of Darkness evokes a pervading sense of dread right from the beginning, and many of the visuals and are uniquely mysterious and frightening although I didn't really appreciate the abundance of insects since I am one squeamish muh fugga lol.

• mrbalihai

★★½ Watched by mrbalihai 31 Oct, 2014 2

I wanted to like this, really I did.

There's a somewhat interesting premise at the core of this movie, but it's buried under a pile of clunky dialogue, poor pacing, rushed exposition, and truly terrible acting, particularly from Dennis Dun, who I expected to be a lot better, given his bravura performance in Big Trouble In Little China.

The result is a half-baked mish-mash of junior-college level comparative religious studies, demonic possession, Alice Cooper playing homeless schizo Alice Cooper, tachyon…

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Purwitsky 27 Aug, 2013

Here is another film that I watched when I was younger numerous times on television and on video. I remember my buddy and I loving this flick and renting it over and over on the horror sleepovers we used to have. It was also one of the first Carpenter Flicks I knew as a 'Carpenter Flick'.

Now I remember loving this film but I had not seen it in years. Not since those sleepover days of my youth. Not since…

• Sondre Hareide

★★★★½ Watched by Sondre Hareide 31 Oct, 2014

This was actually pretty scary.

• Austin Vashaw

★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Vashaw 30 Oct, 2014

For the final TRICK OR TREAT edition of Two Cents, we celebrate Halloween with John Carpenter's metaphysical Satanic panic. Plus, Alice Cooper!

Want to join the fun? Hit up the article to see how you can participate!

Two Cents - cinapse.co/2014/10/30/two-cents-prince-of-darkness