• Chris Duck

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Duck 02 Oct, 2015

We're talking John Carpenter on the next episode of The Podcast Macabre. I love doing research viewing.

• kyozoku

★★★★½ Watched by kyozoku 02 Oct, 2015

• RJ

★★★★ Watched by RJ 01 Oct, 2015

Halloween Monster Madness 2015
    Hoop-Tober #1

I liked that the grandpa from '3 ninjas' was in this. He should be in more things

• jessicarabbit

Watched by jessicarabbit 30 Sep, 2015

Unfortunately this movie's stupidity outweighed its fun.

It was boring, and the characters felt the need to explain EVERY bit of its stupid "science," which was the kiss of death.

I'm sorry Mr. Carpenter.. I just couldn't get behind this one.

• Amanda Hamilton

Watched by Amanda Hamilton 29 Sep, 2015

Donald Pleasence, playing the priest, was also in "Warrior of the Lost world" and "Puma Man"

• Robert Armitage

★★★ Watched by Robert Armitage 29 Sep, 2015

Whenever I watch latter day John Carpenter, and this film is the breaking point, I can't help but (internally) scream 'you made The Thing! You made Big Trouble in Little China!' Then comes the spiral of disappointment.

It was nice seeing Egg Shen and Dennis Dun, but Shen doesn't do anything here and all of his students have anti-charisma. Any time the movie focused on the college 'kids,' my eyes, ears and attention just slid away from the screen. D.…

• Colton Hutchinson

★★★★ Watched by Colton Hutchinson 22 Sep, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Hoop-tober 2015, Entry # 2:

A thematic treasure, Prince of Darkness is a film that breaks past traditional horror values to present a frightening and thrilling experience in all senses. An apocalyptic angels and demons story is conveyed efficiently with a classic 'trapped ensemble' structure that makes the film easy to follow and the pace fairly consistent.

The pseudo-philosophy presented in the dialogue was enough to keep my burnout brain at bat, and while I would have appreciated a little…

• Persona Non Grata

★★★½ Watched by Persona Non Grata 29 Sep, 2015

Hoop-Tober #7

The Catholic Church. Priests. Nuns. Quantum physics. A Lazy eye. People getting impaled. Insects. Maggots. Really pale homeless people. The color green. Suicide. Crosses. More crosses. Confinement. Balding people. Science labs. Latin. Conspiracies. Mustaches. Failed decapitations. Sleep-communication. Mullets. Body horror done right. People without faces.

In short, a lot terrifying(ly hilarious stuff). It's sort of like Carpenter re-envisioned The Thing as a comedy. The result is Prince of Darkness - a film that's equal parts horror and comedy gold.

• Ethan C. Fardoux

★★½ Watched by Ethan C. Fardoux 28 Sep, 2015

Prince of Darkness is perhaps Carpenter's most bizarrely rated film: there are some who insist it is criminally underrated and one of his masterpieces, and there are others who say the film is pretty much garbage (there seem to be more of these people, as the film is not seen as part of Carpenter's true horror canon, like The Thing or Halloween).

The film does do some really unique and interesting stuff. The whole concept of it - the universe…

• Alex Case

★★★½ Watched by Alex Case 28 Sep, 2015

Having seen all three parts of John Carpenter's apocalypse trilogy - The Thing, In The Mouth of Madness, and now this, this is kind of the weakest part of the trilogy.

This is not to say it's bad. It's just that this part is weak by comparison. I have to look away from the screen during the dog scene in The Thing. The first time I saw In The Mouth of Madness, I was kept up at night - the…

• Bleki

★★½ Watched by Bleki 25 Sep, 2015 1

Ovog puta je Carpenter ozakonio jedan poprilično isprazan brak - očekivano skladan na površini (slika i zvuk), ali iznimno prazan i disfunkcionalan (priča i sve vezano uz istu) kad se zagrebe ispod nje.

Netko iz ekipe je trebao imati malo hrabrosti i progovoriti onda, sada nažalost mora šutjeti zauvijek. ;(

P.S. moram doduše priznati da mi se sviđa PREOKRET na klasičnu horor temu mladih partijanera koji idu u nekakvu pripizdinu - ovdje isto rastu seksualne tenzije, ali između štrebera koji su na znanstveno-istraživačkom zadatku. :)

• harrycallaghan

★★★★½ Watched by harrycallaghan 17 Sep, 2015 4

"You will not be saved by the god plutonium. In fact, YOU WILL NOT BE SAVED"

First question I asked myself after the viewing was: "Why the hell did I wait so long to watch this movie?". I don't know, maybe it was some bad reviews I read, maybe someone calling Prince of Darkness a "minor" Carpenter movie. Well, MINOR MY ASS!

An unrelenting exercise in despair. A mind blowing premise. Science and religion melting together. An incredible atmosphere, claustrophobic…