• Lyndell Clark

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 20 Oct, 2014

It's crazy how far this movie has come for me. It used to be one of the lesser Carpenter movies to me when I was younger. Through the years it's grown on me bit by bit and now I just can't see it enough. i fee like I'm always in the mood to watch it and love it even more each time. This will surely creep into my Top movies list at some point. It's already nearing the top of my favorite Carpenter flicks (though it'll never beat The Thing for me.)

• Colin the dude

★★★★★ Rewatched by Colin the dude 19 Oct, 2014

"Lisa, I'm sorry about what I said before. You don't look Asian at all."

• Arf Ortiyef

Watched by Arf Ortiyef 14 Oct, 2014

the only thing scary about this movie was Brian Marsh and his crooked moustache. i read that this movie was "atmospheric" and "under-rated" and it is definitely neither of those! the quasi-scientific/religious stuff was badly done. pretentious and clumsy or to borrow a line from the film, "caca".

• Tim Kunz

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tim Kunz 11 Oct, 2014

"ca ca."

• Sara Jean

★★★★½ Rewatched by Sara Jean 11 Oct, 2014

Normally I love being dominated by women. Lisa, I'm sorry about what I said before. You don't look Asian at all.

• Robert Saucedo

★★★½ Watched by Robert Saucedo 05 Oct, 2014

Super creepy subject matter and one hell of an ending. I'd love to explore this world more.

• James Christopher Lawrence

★★★★ Watched by James Christopher Lawrence 10 Oct, 2014

#10 - Carpenter does Lovecraftian horror. Two more to go in the apocalypse trilogy

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 10 Oct, 2014

"Faaattthhheeerrr!"

• Tom

★★★½ Added by Tom

Religious horror is something that is really hard to do. I often find that it either comes across as overly acted, or the film focuses too much on the actual scares to focus on the story telling. To me , this is one of the few films that gets it right. It could have been because you had someone like John Carpenter while he was in his prime take this amazing script and add his eerie score and wonderful use…

• Joe DiCanio

Rating: B+

• Jordan Mackay

★★★★ Watched by Jordan Mackay 04 Oct, 2014

Hoop-Tober: Day 4

The first of three John Carpenter films on my list.

Prince Of Darkness is full of incredibly interesting ideas. I especially like the idea of combining scientific and religious concepts in a way that seems surprisingly logical within the world the film sets up. Though I wish they existed within a more streamlined plot. There's a lot of stuff that seems overly complicated and doesn't really make a lot of sense, which meant that there are sections…