• Paolo Carone

★★★½ Added by Paolo Carone

Great score, one of cinema's most existentially terrifying death scenes, clever and effective dream sequences, and a whole bunch of utterly forgettable nonsense.

• M Kitchell

★★★½ Rewatched by M Kitchell 23 Jul, 2015

Hadn't seen this in years and decided it was high time for a re-watch. Very glad I did, as this is a lot of fun and another instance, like Cigarette Burns, where Carpenter manages to tap into really great conceptual content & turn the abstraction into a good film (this is better as a film as a whole than Cigarette Burns). Jameson Parker mustachioed-out looks like a hottie Castro Clone, and I'm shocked I didn't remember that. The confluence of theology, quantum physics, and a consideration of the physical manifestation of evil is exactly what I want out of horror.

• LoveofCelluloid

★★ Watched by LoveofCelluloid 22 Oct, 2013

31 Days of Horror 2013

My full review located at:
    fortheloveofcelluloid.com/2013/10/22/prince-of-darkness-1987/

• FranticMonkey

★★★★ Rewatched by FranticMonkey 09 Jul, 2015

Just bought and watched the Shout! Factory Collector's Edition. Superb picture and audio. Do yourself a favour and pick it up. It's Carpenter's second best film and a terrific version.

• Francisco Sanchez Jr

★★★★★ Watched by Francisco Sanchez Jr 01 Apr, 2015

One of my favorite movies of all time still has it's charms and is wrapped by a really cool concept that if done right could be a fine film in this current era. The idea of the Devil having the ability to manipulate things from another dimension all in trying to bring about a form of apocalypse if both inspired and fresh. Of course you have to accept the cast and some corny dialogue and that attire, none of that hurt it for me as the concept is so strong and the execution and ending so impactful that few films today can hang.

• Chris Mello

★★★½ Watched by Chris Mello 24 Jun, 2015

Like a John Carpenter medley of all the hits. The hits in full were better but this is still a jam.

• Jacob Dornan

★★★★★ Watched by Jacob Dornan 08 Jun, 2015

In fact, YOU WILL NOT BE SAVED!!!

The arrogance of man will be brought low and human pride humbled; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day... (Isaiah 2:17)

• caatnilsson

★★★★½ Watched by caatnilsson 02 Jun, 2015 2

As a huge devotee of the work of John Carpenter, it has always been a thorn in my side that there were a few of his old movies that I've never got round to watching.
    Prince of Darkness was one of these, and today was finally the day when I could sit down in a darkened room, turn on the big screen TV, crank up the surround, and delve into the world of demonic possession that has been entertaining people…

• Chevalier

★★★½ Watched by Chevalier 01 Jun, 2015

Carpenter's underrated slowburn horror fable is one of the most sharp clever takes on religious terror. All those indie hacks trying so hard to imitate Carpenter wish their films were as good as this one.

• Matt Mansfield

★★★★★ Watched by Matt Mansfield 30 May, 2015

"Have you seen Susan?"
    "Who?"
    "You know. Radiologist, glasses."

everyone introduces themselves by name and scientific title(s), then rejects proof of the unprovable and pays for it. Sex becomes love, denial becomes survival, and common sense breaks down at subatomic level. So much to comprehend that anything I say now (and probably for a long time) will be incomprehensible - but I'm pretty sure that the Schrodinger's Cat ending is one of the best in cinema.

• federica

★★★ Watched by federica 29 May, 2015

E io che volevo dormire stanotte.

• Rick DeSantis

★★★★ Rewatched by Rick DeSantis 26 May, 2015

I love this movie. It creeps me out to this day mostly due to the music and the isolated location of the church. The haunting dreams still get my hair to stand-up.