• Gabriel Novo

★★★½ Rewatched by Gabriel Novo 28 Mar, 2015

Big Trouble in Little China meets Exorcist with a bad synth score and an Alice Cooper cameo. Flawed film, but it has a special place in my heart. The reoccurring dream sequence is still one of the coolest concepts I've seen in a movie.

• Ferg

★★★★ Added by Ferg

So creepy and often revolting. The effects and atmosphere throughout is really great stuff. Another knock-out for Carpenter.

• Sean Whiteman

Rewatched by Sean Whiteman 21 Mar, 2015

Backgrounded while revising Schrodinger's Vampire. VHS.

• Ryne Campbell

Watched by Ryne Campbell 15 Mar, 2015

1. Love John Carpenter, his movies, his music, whatever.
    2.Cast, Donald Pleasence, That old chinese guy from Big Trouble in Little China, Alice Cooper as Schizo homeless guy! How can I lose??

So I'm not sure what this movie is trying to be, Exorcist/Zombies/Sci-Fi something?? This movie is slow, and not slow burn building tension slow...just boring...I mean, when satan gets involved you expect some fireworks right?? But sadly no, it's a grab bag of horror ideas thrown up on the screen, just chalk this one up to "even the best of us have bad days"

• Patrick Pryor

★★★★ Watched by Patrick Pryor 06 Mar, 2015 3

"I broke out like that when I was 12, and the doctor said that it was homosexual panic."

"I'm a confirmed sexist."

"You could almost pass for Asian."

Martin Quartermass sure wrote killer dialogue.

Another claustrophobic Carpenter joint featuring characters trapped in one location by a malevolent outside force (re: The Thing, Assault on Precinct 13). I liked how Prince of Darkness gradually built tension, and the ending felt perfect. It's kind of strange that Satan spent a bunch of…

• Nathan Jongewaard

★★★½ Watched by Nathan Jongewaard 02 Mar, 2015

Slow build up to a pretty great, pretty intense finale, with the usual Carpenter humor in camaraderie. For a movie called "Prince of Darkness" it weirdly stays fairly grounded, yet manages some genuine gross-outs and one flat-out terrific image.

• Ty Landis

Watched by Ty Landis 24 Feb, 2015

This is good. A badass synth score (natch), a lot of chilling imagery, and loads of crazed supernatural fuckery. But mainly, I just want Donald Pleasence to be happy.

• Mark Taylor

★★★★ Rewatched by Mark Taylor 16 Feb, 2015

Watched the Shout Factory blu-ray today and forgot how much I dug this film in the theaters - hadn't seen it since then. Maybe the new awesome John Carpenter solo record - Lost Themes on Sacred Bones label influenced me to watch it - I enjoyed it equally as much! Wonderful creepy pacing and nice wide, slow shots of whole cast working out the spirituality and the science. Part 2 in the Apocalypse trilogy and I enjoy it equally to…

• fulci420

Added by fulci420 4

As a young horror enthusiast (probably saw this around 10-12) this was one that left me cold, too slow and weird for me to appreciate. Watching it today I have certainly warmed up to it but I would not place it up there with top tier Carpenter films, and it's clearly the weakest of Carpenter's "Apocalypse Trilogy" in my mind. Carpenter has always been in his own league when it comes to the look and feel of his movies and…

• Liliana Medina

★★★★½ Rewatched by Liliana Medina 14 Feb, 2015

One of my all time faves.

• Monica Castillo

★★★½ Watched by Monica Castillo 11 Feb, 2015

"That's caca!"

• Jeffrey Levy

★★★★★ Watched by Jeffrey Levy 11 Feb, 2015

Very underrated. It did not do well when it originally came out, and left a dull impression on me after all these years. But, after watching the 35mm screening last night, it was like finding a lost treasure. Another Carpenter classic!