• Michael Stuhlman

★★½ Added by Michael Stuhlman

Let's be upfront. No one should expect this film to be a masterpiece. Even the people who made it aren't kidding themselves. If you walk into this expecting to be blown away then you're confused about what sort of film this is. It's not high art but in terms of swashbuckling action it gets the job done. The dialogue is atrocious, exposition heavy, silly but the action, effects, and visuals should be enough to satisfy Open viewers.

• ndoane

★★★ Watched by ndoane 21 Feb, 2015

The story is mostly marginalized. Ghandi has almost nothing to do. Alfred Molina should also have better roles.

Anything dealing with plot of talky scenes are the reason this movie didn't do so well.

But, particularly the wide shots of the desert, make this movie are so lovely. Most of the time watching the movie I was thinking about how much effort must have gone into the production, sets, and costumes. Probably not a good sign that that was what I was concentrating on, but it's something.

• Gert Verbeek

★★½ Watched by Gert Verbeek 24 May, 2010

Een buitenlandse grootmacht valt een heilige stad binnen onder het voorwendsel dat er ‘weapons of mass destruction’ verborgen liggen, als voorwendsel voor een jacht op kostbare grondstoffen. Klinkt als een politiek getinte oorlogsfilm, maar Prince Of Persia is slechts een op een computerspel gebaseerde zwaard- en degenfilm met een magisch tintje en Jake Gyllenhaal als prinselijke redder-in-nood met een Brits accent. Net als zijn personage Donnie Darko wordt Gyllenhaal geholpen door de mogelijkheid van tijdreizen, dus zijn casting is eigenlijk…

• Kate Veismane

★★★½ Watched by Kate Veismane 10 Feb, 2015

Pretty much every movie with Jake in it is good for me.
    This was an Ok adventure movie with some bizzare and few funny moments. As I don't expect anything wonderful for my taste from Disney, I liked this one quite well.

• Chloe

★★★½ Added by Chloe

Action packed kids film, more for the older audiences. This is darker and more dangerous than most kids movies so appeals to the older children and to the adults. A very good concept and the settings are different and breathtaking CGI. Jake Gyllenhaal is great as the Prince of Persia and makes the role his own, I couldn't see anyone else playing him. Overall, a good engaging movie.

• joelhwa

★★★½ Watched by joelhwa 05 Sep, 2010

7/10: Predictable storyline but great special effects and actions. One of the better game adaptation movies.

• Boris_Prole

★★★★★ Rewatched by Boris_Prole 07 Dec, 2014

Thi is just pure awesomeness, spectacular action, great story, great locations, action is breathtaking, it just hits on all fields. Prince Of Persia, John Carter and Lone Ranger are just AWESOME !!! Beats the living shit out of an Pirates of the Caribbean Quadrilogy and so does the other two (John and Lone Ranger), would like a sequel...

• Naomi Saffron

½ Added by Naomi Saffron

Oh god, why did I go and see this? The weak and clumsy opening set a million alarm bells ringing in my hopeful little brain. The only thing that made the whole thing vaguely enjoyable was Jake Gyllenhaal playing the lead role with charisma and a decent amount of swagger, although he was a little bit Jack Sparrow-lite for my liking (why were so many characters talking with those bizarre hybrid cockney accents?)

The script was terrible and I'm pretty…

• thecabelguy

★★★½ Added by thecabelguy

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time overcomes its crazy plot by a highly entertaining performance by Jake Gyllenhaal and tons of awesome action sequences. One of the most fun movies this year.

• Ben Radetski

★★ Added by Ben Radetski

Forgettable action movie that isn't anything special.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 21 Aug, 2010 1

I wish the Sands of Time would give me my two hours back.

A lot of effort has gone into something not fully realised or perhaps even understood by Bruckheimer and his writers. Adapting a video game with science fiction themes with an ancient period setting is a stretch, but not impossible to pull off. But they don't pull it off, even with a steady hand like Mike Newell directing.

The first half shows promise, however by the midpoint you…

• The Movie King

★½ Watched by The Movie King 20 Nov, 2014 4

Film #20 of my Hanging Out with Disney project

(From the Prince of Persia soundtrack; www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oSggsWhwMw&list=PL47396371E9579BD8&index=1)

Wow. Just... wow. I'm just appalled at the fact that Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer had the idea to produce a crappy movie based on a video game series that almost no one's ever heard of, a genre that's been the subject of flop after flop after flop, and were wanting it to be their next Pirates of the Caribbean. Sure Bruckheimer's produced some terrible…