• johnch

★★★½ Rewatched by johnch 13 Apr, 2014

Alfred Molina and the suicidal ostrich are hilarious.

• Julian

★★½ Watched by Julian 05 Apr, 2014

It's one of the better movies for a game. Still it's not a game.

• mistang

★★ Added by mistang

It was a good one-off film, but nothing worth repeating for me.

• VeganBen

★★ Watched by VeganBen 07 Apr, 2014

It's hard to watch a film where everything looks like something else.

I defy you to recognise Richard Coyle without going via Michael Sheen.
    Alfred Molina is channeling the ghost of Oliver Reed from Gladiator so hard, they could have just CGI'd the old drunkard in. Like they did in Gladiator.
    All the ladies are suitably open-breasted, smouldering and pretty. I say all of them, I can't even remember if there was more than one lady in it. I don't…

• Scarlett Finch

Watched by Scarlett Finch 29 Mar, 2014

Goddamn you and your arms straight to hell, Gyllenhaal. I wish Arterton had spent the entire movie clubbing you and your pirate outfit in the head.

One star for that shirtless fight scene.

• BallingAintEazy

★★★½ Rewatched by BallingAintEazy 23 Mar, 2014

If I were Jake Gyllenhaal I would've fucked Gemma Arterton a long time ago.

• Alan P

★★★½ Rewatched by Alan P 15 Mar, 2014

For years, the Prince of Persia video games have provided fantastic escapism through a mystical world of physics-defying magic, with wild parkour and acrobatic combat, and mythologies that send the titular prince through space and time to conquer armies, monsters, and gods.

The Prince of Persia film offers more of the same; you can certainly expect plenty of swords and sorcery, including a few scenes with wall-climbing acrobatics, plenty of special effects wizardry, and of course, some time travel involved.…

• Millene

★★★★★ Added by Millene

That one was pretty good (but I don't know the game)

• Chris

★★ Watched by Chris 07 Mar, 2014

Tiring jump'n'run action adventure with fractions of a plot, dialogue as wooden as the acting and very bad CGI. Jake Gyllenhaal is specactularly miscast, Ben Kingsley on the other hand does the villain in a way we have come to expect from him. And as much as I love Gemma Arterton and her lips, the only scenes with her that work are the brief moments in her princess chamber at the beginning and end.
    Geographically this is all over the…

• Mareks Smilga

★★★ Watched by Mareks Smilga 31 May, 2010

Filmā it kā viss ir, taču vienlaikus tā ir tik sasodīti garlaicīgi, ka jau pašā vidū zūd jebkāda cerība, ka tā tiešām spēs aizraut. Bet zvaigznītes salieku par vērienu.

• Steven Post

★★½ Rewatched by Steven Post 13 Feb, 2014

Prince Suckafuck, ancient ancestor to Donnie Darko, finds a time traveling dagger, acts selfishly, saves the world from his own stupidity, and is given a sexy princess. Karma my ass.

Okay, I redact my original opinion that this film is a pisser. It's just not very good. It's bland, limp, and barely clever. There's nothing that elevates it just as there is nothing that actually drags it down. If they had followed the game Sands of Time a little more…

• Barrington

Rewatched by Barrington 10 Feb, 2014

The acting was good.

The plot was taken from a best-selling game.

The cinematography was excellent.

Ostriches.

What could possibly exist in this movie to warrant a 1/5 rating? The writing. The god-awful, sewer-drenched, sorry excuse for a script. You could see Ben Kingsley struggling to keep in a rage laugh the whole movie, and Jake Gyllenhaal didn't even try. He had this smile on his face that gave him away like a sad clown.