• MrPootytang

★★★½ Added by MrPootytang

Over the years, Hollywood has adapted countless books, novels, short stories, comics, and now even video game franchises into movies. I'm very familiar with Prince of Persia, having played through nearly all of them. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time sparsely has a tone of Sinbad or any other fantasy story based in the Middle East. Video game movie adaptions have mostly been piss poor, but Prince of Persia makes a good attempt to change that. Gyllenhaal often tends…

• KMOKLER

Added by KMOKLER

OK no more Disney live action films please your never going to have a successful franchise that like Pirates of The Caribbean again so stop trying because no matter what you always get a successful big star e.g. Johnny Depp, Jake Gyllenhaal and put them in a messy movie that almost ends there careers be careful.

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

The latest game-to-film adaptation may be the best effort yet in the industry, but it only achieves that status by stripping everything that made the original game series so great.

• JaySalahi

Watched by JaySalahi 25 Aug, 2012

D+ (67.5)

• Lance Lubelski

½ Watched by Lance Lubelski 05 Sep, 2014

not a single element of this production was done properly

• Mikki

★★ Watched by Mikki 28 Aug, 2014

Generic, generic, generic. Doesn't come close to the quality of the games.

• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 03 Jun, 2010

It was fun to watch but I didn't like the ending.

Spoiler:
    I didn't like how the film solved the problem by making the main character travel back in time to the very beginning and hit the reset button.

• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 18 Aug, 2014

A movie that everybody was mix with. but I really enjoyed it.

• Alexson Philipiah

★★ Added by Alexson Philipiah

Incredibly formulaic and dull Disney tripe that has its moments. The time travel scenes were pretty awesome. The English accents were really distracting to me. I understand that there aren't many famous Persian actors and thus why majority of the main leads are a bunch of European dudes with the rest of the minor roles being actual Persian folks but the fact that they didn't even try to have the accents be Persian was a bit too much white washing for me.

Rating: 40/100

• cronic

★★½ Added by cronic

5/10

• COLPARKER

★★★ Rewatched by COLPARKER 24 Jul, 2014

A Disney swashbuckler so we’re not curing cancer or anything here but it still provides an entertaining romp through ancient Iran with English accented (even the Americans) heroes and villains. I’m told this is an adaption of a popular video game (completely out of my sphere on that) and you could see the efforts to connect the lead character’s antics with video game level gymnastics. All that being said Gyllenhaal is a fascinating lead here, he’s really good as an…

• Lobezno Estepario

★★ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 23 Jul, 2014

Más que aventura transmite la pena de ver la historia del juego ignorada y las posibilidades narrativas de la daga del tiempo reducidas, la mayor parte del tiempo, a pasar el artefacto de un personaje a otro.