• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

The sands of not bad.

• Joshua LF

★★ Watched by Joshua LF 23 Mar, 2015 2

One has to wonder if the original title for Disney's Prince of Persia (subtitled "The Sands of Time") was "Prince of Parkour." A significant portion of the film involves the main character, Dastan, leaping over roofs and doing incredible acrobatics. One early sequence involves Dastan climbing a large wall using arrows that his allies are dangerously shooting into the wall as he moves, which of course causes one to wonder why the arrows weren't simply shot into the wall before…

• Pl4n3

★★★★ Watched by Pl4n3 21 Mar, 2015

Beautiful oldschool adventure action movie. Great cinematics, effects and sound. As often, time travel makes the story abit arbitrary.

• Savnoc

★★★ Added by Savnoc

Video game movies have a reputation for being poor. This isn't much of an exception, but it IS superior to many of them.

This movie is certainly influenced by the Assassin's Creed series and The Scorpion King, yet fails to be as interesting as either one. I haven't played most of the Prince of Persia games myself - however, I know there was more that this movie could've taken note of. Prince of Persia (film) could've been much better, something…

• Gerti

Added by Gerti

2010 was a simpler time for me -- I was younger, my standards for entertainment were lower, and I didn't know what whitewashing was.

Now that I do know what it is, I couldn't actually rewatch this, since I kept getting angry about how insincere and generic and absolutely uninteresting it all is, in addition to being almost 2 hours long.

I remember being into the parkour scenes when I saw it in 2010, but there were only a few…

• Cavin Hawkins

★★★★ Rewatched by Cavin Hawkins 07 Mar, 2015 2

This is one of my not-so-guilty pleasure movies. It's cool, fun, exciting, adventurous, and it's got my man Jake leading the way. Don't care what anybody says, I love this movie.

• drewseph42

★½ Added by drewseph42

Left a bit to be desired...

• Michael Stuhlman

★★½ Added by Michael Stuhlman

Let's be upfront. No one should expect this film to be a masterpiece. Even the people who made it aren't kidding themselves. If you walk into this expecting to be blown away then you're confused about what sort of film this is. It's not high art but in terms of swashbuckling action it gets the job done. The dialogue is atrocious, exposition heavy, silly but the action, effects, and visuals should be enough to satisfy Open viewers.

• ndoane

★★★ Watched by ndoane 21 Feb, 2015

The story is mostly marginalized. Ghandi has almost nothing to do. Alfred Molina should also have better roles.

Anything dealing with plot of talky scenes are the reason this movie didn't do so well.

But, particularly the wide shots of the desert, make this movie are so lovely. Most of the time watching the movie I was thinking about how much effort must have gone into the production, sets, and costumes. Probably not a good sign that that was what I was concentrating on, but it's something.

• Gert Verbeek

★★½ Watched by Gert Verbeek 24 May, 2010

Een buitenlandse grootmacht valt een heilige stad binnen onder het voorwendsel dat er ‘weapons of mass destruction’ verborgen liggen, als voorwendsel voor een jacht op kostbare grondstoffen. Klinkt als een politiek getinte oorlogsfilm, maar Prince Of Persia is slechts een op een computerspel gebaseerde zwaard- en degenfilm met een magisch tintje en Jake Gyllenhaal als prinselijke redder-in-nood met een Brits accent. Net als zijn personage Donnie Darko wordt Gyllenhaal geholpen door de mogelijkheid van tijdreizen, dus zijn casting is eigenlijk…

• Kate Veismane

★★★½ Watched by Kate Veismane 10 Feb, 2015

Pretty much every movie with Jake in it is good for me.
    This was an Ok adventure movie with some bizzare and few funny moments. As I don't expect anything wonderful for my taste from Disney, I liked this one quite well.

• Chloe

★★★½ Added by Chloe

Action packed kids film, more for the older audiences. This is darker and more dangerous than most kids movies so appeals to the older children and to the adults. A very good concept and the settings are different and breathtaking CGI. Jake Gyllenhaal is great as the Prince of Persia and makes the role his own, I couldn't see anyone else playing him. Overall, a good engaging movie.