• bulletproofQpid

★★★ Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 13 Jul, 2015

It's not anything special, but it's also not as bad as a lot of people say.

Even if it were, it's got Gemma Arterton and I can forgive a lot of faults when she's onscreen for the better part of two hours.

• nga

★★★★★ Rewatched by nga 11 Jul, 2015

Great film, so entertaining and certainly reminds me of the old video game with all the strategic jumps and pacing action plot... it's one of those movies I never tire of watching the reruns...

• Oscar

★★½ Rewatched by Oscar 11 Jul, 2015 2

Yo fui un gran seguidor de la trilogía de Prince of Persia para PS2 por lo que el anuncio de esta película hace casi diez años fue toda una alegría, lastimosamente el resultado final fue muy diferente a lo que esperaba que me alegro que no hayan seguido con más secuelas (odiaría ver la segunda parte, Warrior Within, destrozada en una adaptación), esta película sólo toma del vídeojuego un par de cosas, y la transforma en la típica película palomitera…

• dadgumblah

★★★★ Added by dadgumblah

Fun, action-filled adventure with Jake Gyllenhaal as an adopted prince (in Persia natch), who stumbles across a fabled dagger that has the ability to turn back time for about the space of a minute or so, but it's enough to change major events. A certain bad guy wants to do something evil with it so he can control the events of his life and the lives of others...it's all about power, as all the big evil baddies strive for. Gyllenhaal…

• Erinia

½ Added by Erinia

El príncipe de Persia y las arenas del aburrimiento.

• Nathan Franks

★★★½ Added by Nathan Franks

Great and fun movie! Definitely the best video game movie! Excited to see what Assassin's Creed brings to the table! :)

• PRY

★★ Watched by PRY 24 Jun, 2015

Edited poorly, acted without passion, and directed incoherently, Prince of Persia only survives on natural charisma and a willingness to offend nobody.

• Rodex

★★★½ Added by Rodex

Una peli pochoclera con efectos geniales. Buena trama y actuaciones

• Lois

★★ Watched by Lois 08 Jun, 2015

This was not as bad as I'd been led to believe it would be. Sure, the acting wasn't great and the film was whitewashed in a pretty gross way, but the plot was better than a lot of movies based on video games. I have no idea why Sir Ben Kingsley would sign up to do something like this but he was excellent in it (when is he not?). I didn't hate Gemma Arterton in it either, and she usually annoys me. Overall I'd say give it a watch if you like action movies, but don't expect to be wowed.

• Frank Future

★★★ Rewatched by Frank Future 25 May, 2015

Oh, Gemma - how far you moved from The Disappearance Of Alice Creed in just a little more than a year. St. Trinian's 2, Clash Of The Titans and then this. How far, indeed.

Newell is a fairly decent technical director and while The Sands Of Time isn't necessarily a bad entry to the action adventure genre, it ultimately lacks heart. The one big redeeming value the film boasts is the concept that lies at its core, which happens to be fairly well executed.

• Gabriel Green

★½ Watched by Gabriel Green 23 May, 2015 2

Mike Newell, for the love of humanity and all things sacred, please never, ever direct an action film again.

• dellamore

★½ Watched by dellamore 28 May, 2010

While playing the game I suddenly realised I saw the movie. But the fact that I forgot about it the next hour I left cinema tells enough about its quality.