• dadgumblah

★★★★ Added by dadgumblah

Fun, action-filled adventure with Jake Gyllenhaal as an adopted prince (in Persia natch), who stumbles across a fabled dagger that has the ability to turn back time for about the space of a minute or so, but it's enough to change major events. A certain bad guy wants to do something evil with it so he can control the events of his life and the lives of others...it's all about power, as all the big evil baddies strive for. Gyllenhaal…

• Erinia

½ Added by Erinia

El príncipe de Persia y las arenas del aburrimiento.

• Nathan Franks

★★★½ Added by Nathan Franks

Great and fun movie! Definitely the best video game movie! Excited to see what Assassin's Creed brings to the table! :)

• PRY

★★ Watched by PRY 24 Jun, 2015

Edited poorly, acted without passion, and directed incoherently, Prince of Persia only survives on natural charisma and a willingness to offend nobody.

• Rodex

★★★½ Added by Rodex

Una peli pochoclera con efectos geniales. Buena trama y actuaciones

• Lois

★★ Watched by Lois 08 Jun, 2015

This was not as bad as I'd been led to believe it would be. Sure, the acting wasn't great and the film was whitewashed in a pretty gross way, but the plot was better than a lot of movies based on video games. I have no idea why Sir Ben Kingsley would sign up to do something like this but he was excellent in it (when is he not?). I didn't hate Gemma Arterton in it either, and she usually annoys me. Overall I'd say give it a watch if you like action movies, but don't expect to be wowed.

• Frank Future

★★★ Rewatched by Frank Future 25 May, 2015

Oh, Gemma - how far you moved from The Disappearance Of Alice Creed in just a little more than a year. St. Trinian's 2, Clash Of The Titans and then this. How far, indeed.

Newell is a fairly decent technical director and while The Sands Of Time isn't necessarily a bad entry to the action adventure genre, it ultimately lacks heart. The one big redeeming value the film boasts is the concept that lies at its core, which happens to be fairly well executed.

• Gabriel Green

★½ Watched by Gabriel Green 23 May, 2015 2

Mike Newell, for the love of humanity and all things sacred, please never, ever direct an action film again.

• dellamore

★½ Watched by dellamore 28 May, 2010

While playing the game I suddenly realised I saw the movie. But the fact that I forgot about it the next hour I left cinema tells enough about its quality.

• Susanne

★★ Watched by Susanne 14 May, 2015

oh jake, the films i watch for u...

• Xander Kozak

★★★ Added by Xander Kozak

When looking at films like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, The Super Mario Brothers Movie, or basically anything made by Uwe Boll, we can all mutually agree that movies adapted from video games generally are not good. What I am about to say is strictly a matter of opinion, this is in no way official. I believe the chain of bad video game films does not have another link to add to the chain with the latest addition Prince Of Persia:…

• moviemanwill