• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 03 Jun, 2010

It was fun to watch but I didn't like the ending.

Spoiler:
    I didn't like how the film solved the problem by making the main character travel back in time to the very beginning and hit the reset button.

• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 18 Aug, 2014

A movie that everybody was mix with. but I really enjoyed it.

• Alexson Philipiah

★★ Added by Alexson Philipiah

Incredibly formulaic and dull Disney tripe that has its moments. The time travel scenes were pretty awesome. The English accents were really distracting to me. I understand that there aren't many famous Persian actors and thus why majority of the main leads are a bunch of European dudes with the rest of the minor roles being actual Persian folks but the fact that they didn't even try to have the accents be Persian was a bit too much white washing for me.

Rating: 40/100

• cronic

★★½ Added by cronic

5/10

• COLPARKER

★★★ Rewatched by COLPARKER 24 Jul, 2014

A Disney swashbuckler so we’re not curing cancer or anything here but it still provides an entertaining romp through ancient Iran with English accented (even the Americans) heroes and villains. I’m told this is an adaption of a popular video game (completely out of my sphere on that) and you could see the efforts to connect the lead character’s antics with video game level gymnastics. All that being said Gyllenhaal is a fascinating lead here, he’s really good as an…

• Lobezno Estepario

★★ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 23 Jul, 2014

Más que aventura transmite la pena de ver la historia del juego ignorada y las posibilidades narrativas de la daga del tiempo reducidas, la mayor parte del tiempo, a pasar el artefacto de un personaje a otro.

• Matt Thomas

★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 08 Jul, 2014

Captures the general essence of the video games. Gyllenhaal makes a pretty good action star. It's just a shame he's lumbered with clumsy dialogue, mediocre set pieces, and a fairly lazy plot that tries too hard with the WMD analogies.

• fate1499

½ Watched by fate1499 28 May, 2010

Slept through the entire thing! Awful!

• ElectricApple

Added by ElectricApple

Cuts out every ounce of magic that the video game possessed, choosing instead to cram the festering holes where it's heart and soul used to be with hand-fulls of dollar bills. What an atrocity.

• fermion

½ Added by fermion

insane game

• Niall Blackie

★½ Watched by Niall Blackie 06 Jun, 2014

You are onto a loser when you miscast your main character, Gyllenhaal is not cut out to be an action star, and you cast an actress you just cannot act (Arterton).

Then if you add on the fact the story is poorly put together and overly comical then you get the mess that is this film.

• Big Al

★★★ Rewatched by Big Al 20 Apr, 2014

Prince of Persia is a disjointed mess of an Action Adventure Fantasy about a young fugitive prince and a princess who must stop a villain who unknowingly threatens to destroy the world with a special dagger that enables the magic sand inside to reverse time. Though the narrative has some very good ideas, the film has a lot of cheesy moments and some woeful dialogue. Actress Gemma Arterton plays a very irritating character that at points you wish would just…