• MovieMan23

★★ Added by MovieMan23

Forgettable action movie that isn't anything special.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 21 Aug, 2010 1

I wish the Sands of Time would give me my two hours back.

A lot of effort has gone into something not fully realised or perhaps even understood by Bruckheimer and his writers. Adapting a video game with science fiction themes with an ancient period setting is a stretch, but not impossible to pull off. But they don't pull it off, even with a steady hand like Mike Newell directing.

The first half shows promise, however by the midpoint you…

• The Movie King

★½ Watched by The Movie King 20 Nov, 2014 4

Film #20 of my Hanging Out with Disney project

(From the Prince of Persia soundtrack; www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oSggsWhwMw&list=PL47396371E9579BD8&index=1)

Wow. Just... wow. I'm just appalled at the fact that Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer had the idea to produce a crappy movie based on a video game series that almost no one's ever heard of, a genre that's been the subject of flop after flop after flop, and were wanting it to be their next Pirates of the Caribbean. Sure Bruckheimer's produced some terrible…

• ScreeningNotes

★★ Watched by ScreeningNotes 13 Nov, 2014 18

"You can't organize an ostrich race with just one ostrich!"

Prince of Parkour: The Stunts of Time is a film where true brotherhood means giving up the woman-object you desire to the main character because he's had the most screen time and it wouldn't make sense the other way around. It raises important questions like: Why do White People playing Not White People always speak in British? Is this what Exodus is going to be like?

You'd be right to…

• Adrian Zachow

★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 21 Aug, 2010

Creator Jordan Mechner himself was involved in this film adaptation of the well-known video game, but despite it's competent high budget staging and special effects, the story is a tad on the boring side. Average escapism.

• Julie Davis

★★★ Watched by Julie Davis 08 Nov, 2014

An enjoyable swashbuckler along the lines of Pirates of the Caribbean or John Carter (though I feel both those were better than this), watched on an idle evening when an evening with Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley, and Alfred Molina was good enough.

• Bruno Deodato

★★★★½ Added by Bruno Deodato

Awesome, although the games are better :P

• Rodney Terrell

★★★ Added by Rodney Terrell

It's got a lot of generic stuff going on but I still think it's fun. The action scenes are well done and the effects top notch. The score and story are kind of generic. The actors do their best with the material on hand.

• Lynne Gee

★★★★ Added by Lynne Gee

• Whesley

★★★★ Watched by Whesley 13 Oct, 2014

Okay , after long time i decided i have the time to watch this movie . I must say it was a suprise . Better CGI than the scorpion king ( i think every movie ) , good solid story and overall great adventure movie that has a very high rewatch level !!

Loved this one and always loved a good jerry bruckheimer movie .

• Mirthbound

★★★★½ Rewatched by Mirthbound 11 Oct, 2014

Really dig the conceit of using the perennial 'we make our own destiny' sentiment to permit the mucking about of time travel to one's benefit. So obvious yet so effective, why did it take this long for someone to think of that?

• PointMan528491

★★½ Added by PointMan528491

Like most video game adaptations, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is lacking in story but engaging in visual style, but it ultimately becomes one of the better adaptations thanks to the always reliable Jake Gyllenhaal.