• Dion Wyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dion Wyn 27 May, 2015

You can feel the decade literally shifting out of '50s and into '60s with this one. Even the opening shot, where the camera looks over a Western U.S. city in the middle of the afternoon and zooms in on what looks exactly like the Texas School Book Depository overlooking Dealey Plaza. Norman Rockwell touches abound, like the decor of the motel, but look at what's going on around it. People dress well, they still wear fedoras and jackets, but in…

• kyozoku

★★★★★ Rewatched by kyozoku 27 May, 2015

• moviereviewninj

★★★★★ Watched by moviereviewninj 26 May, 2015

A fantastic thriller with a brilliant score, a fantastic cast and excellent direction.

• Luke Poulton

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Poulton 20 May, 2015

Still a complete classic, that has never lost it and still works brilliantly to this day!

• SirWilliam

★★★★½ Watched by SirWilliam 24 May, 2015

The art and orchestration behind Hitchcock's films is simply amazing, pushing limits and forever changing cinema.

It is not the darkness of the night that harms us, but the darkness of the mind...

• Nick Angarola

★★★★ Added by Nick Angarola

B+

• Joe Dreshar

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joe Dreshar 17 May, 2015

Despite being one of Hitchcock's central works, it doesn't feel Hitchcockian to me. Something about Psycho is different than Rear Window or Vertigo, or any of the other Hitch movies I've been watching recently.

Also, it's near perfect. The only real flaw is that the movie has to be explained by a psychiatrist in the last 15 minutes of the movie. There must be a better way to do that within the narrative.

• Bea Enialk

★★★★★ Watched by Bea Enialk 18 May, 2015

Wow i didn't know what to expect, not a fan of horror movies because I can't sleep at night but fortunately there weren't real horror scenes and the mean character is so adorable!

• akorn

★★★★★ Watched by akorn 14 May, 2015

Catching up on my Hitchcock.

Walking out of the theatre with a girlfriend, both of our reactions were: WTH DID I JUST WATCH????

• NeilBahadur

★★★½ Rewatched by NeilBahadur 14 May, 2015 3

Maybe because I saw Vertigo immediately before I was a bit underwhelmed....I've never had the experience I had the first time watching during subsequent revisits. It's most impressive as stylistic exercise, often astonishing....but falls prey to the stereotyping so common in (I feel) a lot of Hitchcock's other films. But maybe I just have to stop watching it on the bottom half of double bills.

• Patrick D.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick D. 14 May, 2015

"Psycho", to simply put, is suspenseful filmmaking at it's finest, and Alfred Hitchcock's crowning achievement. While "Rear Window" and "Vertigo" remain timeless classics, this movie embodies everything audiences love about this director. It's chilling, eerie, and truly magnificent on every cinematic level.

The film stars Janet Leigh as "Marion Crane", a typical, hardworking secretary that just wants to escape from her daily life. When given the responsibility of maintaining an investment of $40,000, she steals the money, and flees. I…

• punkduck