• Mette

★★★★★ Watched by Mette 01 Jul, 2016

Scavenger Hunt - July 2016 | Film #1
    Task #25: The movie with the most views on IMDb that you have not seen

***

We're always quickest to doubt people who have a reputation for being honest.

This might sound like a strange thing to say, but wow, I never expected it to be THAT good.

During the first part of the film, I was afraid I had gone in with way too high expecations. Considering I'd seen the famous…

• Daniel Gonzalez

★★★★★ Added by Daniel Gonzalez

Genius film and a landmark in the horror industry.

• Mathías

★★★★★ Added by Mathías

Watched: 1/1
    Performances: 3/3
    Screenplay: 3/3
    Direction: 3/3

Rating: 10/10

A TRUE masterpiece from beginning to end.

• cmcguffin

★★★½ Added by cmcguffin

Seeing a room full of people laugh at the vaguely transphobic ending of this was more scary than anything that actually happens in the film.

Aside from the unfortunate implications in regards to both people with mental illnesses and trans people (I know they say in the end he isn't trans, but the idea that gender nonconformity is a symptom of psychotic behavior is uncomfortable at best) this is a pretty good pulp thriller film and incredibly influential within the horror genre.

• Barlayne Fletcher

★★★★½ Added by Barlayne Fletcher

Is it weird that I actually really like Norman Bates when he's not stabbing people in his mother's clothes?

This is it. The original slasher film. Hitchcock's masterpiece in suspense(apparently). And how does it hold up? Remarkably well, actually. The best parts of this movie are the ones with Norman Bates, who's enigmatic performance enthralled me. I really believed that he was a boy trapped in a man's body, who also happened to have the alternate personality of his mother.…

• Yeezus808s

★★★★★ Added by Yeezus808s

Still scary.

• Quatermass

★★★★★ Rewatched by Quatermass 25 Jun, 2016

anthony perkins is so pure

• Cameron

★★★★ Watched by Cameron 24 Jun, 2016

What a freaky masterpiece! Hitchcock's riveting telling of this story and the pacing and editing will stay with me for a while. And Anthony Perkins was masterful! I loved not knowing what was going to happen from scene to scene. My heart was pumping so hard during many parts. This is one I'll watch again so I can study it a bit more now that I know the story. Whew. What a ride!

• Micaiah Beasley

★★★★★ Added by Micaiah Beasley 3

I know, I know. It took me long enough.

I think that most people struggle with writing meaningful reviews for famous, all-time greats such as Alfred Hitchcock's 'Psycho,' and I'm starting to feel that exact same frustration right now. Anything I say about this film will already have been said countless times over, and for good reason. 'Psycho' is technically and narratively brilliant, and refuses to exist completely in the dated visual scheme we expect, instead pushing for chilling imagery…

• willa

★★★★ Watched by willa 24 Jun, 2016

fucked up if true

• Jacob

★★★★½ Watched by Jacob 23 Jun, 2016

So it occurred to me recently that despite the fact that Hitchcock was one of the first directors I really loved, it's been a long time since I've seen most of his films. So I figured I'd go and rewatch a bunch of Hitchcock I haven't seen for long enough that I don't really remember. Was planning on starting with Strangers on a Train until the dvd frOZE AN HOUR INTO THE MOVIE but it's all good now because, I…

• sitron45

★★★★ Added by sitron45

Not my favorite Hitchcock, but maybe the first I watched; either it or "The Birds."