• Lasse Rask Bach

★★★★★ Watched by Lasse Rask Bach 01 Dec, 2016

It remains as disturbing as ever.

• Jake Sommers

★★★½ Watched by Jake Sommers 29 Nov, 2016

6.5

• Joe Salvato

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joe Salvato 29 Nov, 2016

One semester of Hitchcock later and this is still King Daddy

• Sheldon Farough

★★★★★ Watched by Sheldon Farough 20 May, 2016

This is probably the greatest horror/thriller ever made. I wish I could've somehow seen this without having some previous knowledge of the shower scene because I know that would've completely blown my mind if I saw that without hearing about it. This movie just keeps taking these unexpected turns going from a movie about a girl stealing money and running away, to a detective investigating the Bates Motel, to finally Norman Bates in all his glory, ugh. When Norman is…

• Wooderson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Wooderson 28 Nov, 2016 5

If someone offers you milk with dinner like that's an acceptable beverage you can automatically assume they are mentally ill.

• Phillip Jack

★★★★★ Rewatched by Phillip Jack 26 Nov, 2016

Accompanied by NZSO (New Zealand Symphony Orchestra)

• Tarryn-tino

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tarryn-tino 26 Nov, 2016

"I think I must have one of those faces you can't help believing."

My second film for the night and my fave Hitch, Pyscho, was just as awesome with the NZSO as Vertigo was. Despite Vertigo having a far superior score, that famous shower scene was UNREAL with the live orchestra and it made me literally jump out of my seat with excitement.

Psycho is such a great film and its no wonder it has both withstood the test of…

• Chris Hormann

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Hormann 26 Nov, 2016

This screening was all about Bernard Hermann's spare, strident and striking score, performed with aplomb by the NZ Symphony Orchestra, yet it's still the image of Perkins' Norman Bates that shines through - the face of a matinee idol with the deep and dark soul of a psychopath.

• anotherfilmnerd

★★★★★ Rewatched by anotherfilmnerd 19 Nov, 2016

Still the absolute greatest.

• eleanorangel

Watched by eleanorangel 22 Nov, 2016

finally!! i loved this and i was very impressed by the level of intimacy i felt with the characters

• unsane

★★★★ Added by unsane

Hitchcock. Enough said

• Theo Rollason

★★★★½ Watched by Theo Rollason 05 Jun, 2016

It would get full marks for being seriously tense and terrifying throughout, but the ridiculously jarring sequence at the end, which sees a psychiatrist explain the whole mystery with Scooby-Doo levels of subtlety, robs the film of perfection at the last minute. Dammit Hitchcock!