• Geoff T

★★★★½ Watched by Geoff T 28 Sep, 2016 2

Geoff T's Hoop-Tober 3.0 Challenge
    Hitchcock Double Bill #1
    Psycho (1960)

There's very little for me to say about this that hasn't already been said, really. It is the ultimate suspense thriller, period. It's been referenced countless times and many subsequent films have tried to copy it with little success, so it's pretty bad that only until now, I've actually seen it in full.

In Psycho, a real estate agent named Marion is given over 50,000 in cash to loan…

• Chloe

★★★★★ Added by Chloe

The disturbing music, the close shots and the vulnerability shown in the shower scene makes the murder so horrific and iconic. I just love me a good psycho ;) "A boy's best friend is his mother..."

• technogameplay

★★★★★ Watched by technogameplay 27 Sep, 2016

En esta pelicula observamos como alfred hitchcock plasma un thriller completamente revolucionario para su época, demuestra que no hay nececidad de "screamers" ni de personajes físicamente "atemorizantes" para crear un filme realmente terrorífico. La magia deesta  pelicula es la manera por la cual el director moldea cualquier imagen o situación sea lo mas inocente posible, en un escena de tensión y terror psicológico.

• Alex Lynch

★★★½ Watched by Alex Lynch 27 Sep, 2016

• michelle

★★★★½ Watched by michelle 27 Sep, 2016

☾ spooky halloween challenge ☾
    #4 a slasher film

why am i attracted to psychopaths

• AustinBitikofer

★★★★½ Watched by AustinBitikofer 27 Sep, 2016

Watched it on the big screen at film school!

I can see why this is a classic!

The one scene where the PI was on the stairs and got killed by Bates and he, heh, "Fell" down the stairs was hilarious and kinda bad though. But the film is really good!

Anthony Perkins was fantastic as the insane Norman Bates, a great performance that I honestly wouldn't mind seeing again by watching the, from what I've heard, terrible sequels.

A great watch with my classmates & instructor!

• red

★★★★★ Rewatched by red 26 Sep, 2016

Two days ago I finished the novel of Psycho by Robert Bloch and couldn't wait to watch the film again to compare the two.

Did you know that Bloch sold the rights to his book for less than ten thousand dollars which meant that the author received only $6,750, before taxes? Considering the success of this critically praised masterpiece, I'd say with hindsight that he probably should have haggled.

The cinematography of this film is perfect. So many creepily-cast shadows.…

• ehead

Added by ehead

I just saw this over the weekend and now I understand why it is always included in best horror films lists. It is utterly terrifying.

It is visually compelling. Watching this movie in this day and age, I thought I would not be surprised with the direction; Hitchcock proved me wrong.

Stunning use of audio or lack thereof is intelligent. The main theme is certainly up there as one of the most frightening soundtracks ever. But the lack of audio…

• kat

★★★★½ Watched by kat 26 Sep, 2016

yas norman literally slay me

• amanda

★★★★½ Added by amanda

my bf norman bates

• Tom Smith

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tom Smith 24 Sep, 2016

This is it, year zero for the slasher and a perfect film at that. It can't even imagine how shocking this must have been in 1960 for audiences that had no clue about the twists, themes and unprecedented explorations of sex and violence all of which are now taken for granted as they are engrained in pop culture. Truly a masterpiece and worth noting that it's echo cam be seen in so much of modern horror.

• RichardWelbirg

★★★★ Watched by RichardWelbirg 15 Sep, 2016

First time I've seen it in full. Gloriously tense, wonderfully shot, but yes the psychiatrist scene is awful.