• Simon Harris

★★★★½ Watched by Simon Harris 29 May, 2016

Amazing tension. Grimmer and more gruesome than most thrillers/horror movies today.

I really don't like the over explaining psychiatrist at the end though. It takes away alot of the mystery, and is out of tone in my opinion. He is almost from another movie. And if he truly is a psychiatrist, how come he can't understand the feelings of the family of the late Marion Crane? Maybe they wouldn't enjoy hearing about the horrible psyche of their lovers/sisters killer?

Anyway,
    AMAZING nonetheless.

• Steven Cohen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steven Cohen 04 Apr, 2016

From the very first constructed zooming from a cityscape in through a small window, Alfred Hitchcock is in full-on master mode throughout Psycho. Anthony Perkins is so good here (especially in comparison to The Black Hole) - evoking the type of performances James Stewart was giving Hitch at the time. That seems to be the point, as the team goes a long way to subvert that idea in the movie's second half. The big exposition dump at the end is still a tough pill to swallow, but everything before that (and even the shot of Norman after) is so worth it.

• Clovefeld Zilla

★★★★★ Added by Clovefeld Zilla

Psycho aus dem Jahre 1960 ist für mich persönlich einer der besten Filme aller Zeiten.
    Wie es hier Altmeister Alfred Hitchcock schafft pure Spannung, durch eigentlich nur Dialoge zu erzeugen ist einfach ein der Wahnsinn.
    Von diesem Film kann man sich auch heute noch sehr inspirieren lassen. Den der Film ist, verständlicherweise durch sein Erscheinungsjahr, "nur" in schwarz/weiß zu sehen und auch eher kleinen Szenenbildern und wenig aufwendige Kostüme sind im Film im Vergleich zu heute zu finden. Aber wie…

• Matt Thomas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 29 May, 2016

Memory is a funny thing. It's easy to remember how great Perkins is here. But also easy to forget how little he's actually in it. Over time I find I enjoy the (pre-Bates Motel) build up more.

• Dhiana Pérez

★★★★ Rewatched by Dhiana Pérez 28 May, 2016

i know the dialogue of this by heart

• trolleyfreak

★★★★★ Rewatched by trolleyfreak 28 May, 2016 1

Late night, England: I'm lying on my couch after a couple of rum and Cokes, bored and channel hopping and then I land on this... life can be good!

If you don't like this Hitch classic, then you don't like movies, plain and simple! ;)

• Matthew Montada

★★★★★ Added by Matthew Montada

The best horror movie of all time!

• johnny_w

★★★★ Watched by johnny_w 26 May, 2016

Great movie, is it scary by today's standards? No, but it has a great story with many twists and turn. Good ole film from the master of suspense. 4 stars

• Shoey

★★★★½ Watched by Shoey 26 May, 2016

Let's just all hope that when we eventually lose our minds that our inner monologue doesn't become that of a homicidal old woman.

• Beth P.

★★ Watched by Beth P. 25 May, 2016

Well made, of course, but so seriously demoralizing that it's not worth it.

• legrngr

★★★★ Rewatched by legrngr 31 Oct, 2010

You can never not scream. Also: can never not have a shower buddy, just in case.

• Ronin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ronin 23 May, 2016

"A boys best friend is his mother."