• Alex

★★★★½ Added by Alex

This still leaves me with nightmares

• Yuri90

★★★½ Watched by Yuri90 29 Jun, 2015

19.

Un film che ha fatto il suo tempo. Sicuramente da ricordare per la scena dell'omicidio sotto la doccia e per la colonna sonora.

• Anthony Iessi

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Iessi

A pivotal moment in movie history, and unquestionably, the greatest horror film of all time.

• Colby

★★★★★ Rewatched by Colby 23 Jun, 2015

Obviously

• BilltheThrill

★★★★½ Rewatched by BilltheThrill 16 Mar, 2015

When I first saw Psycho in high school I wasn't exactly blown away, perhaps my taste in cinema simply wasn't refined enough, but now I rank it among Hitchcock's best. Alfred does a masterful job here at creating suspense and tension, and the score is just amazing.

• panics

★★★★★ Added by panics

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

the plot twist made me laugh so hard, is it just me?

On a serious note, Hitchcock's Psycho is an intelligent film presenting the 60s suspense in a provocative manner. Subtle, gentle and then everything altogether.

• FilmCommentary

★★★★★ Added by FilmCommentary

One word: hypnotic.

• mcmully

★★★★★ Added by mcmully

Best Hitchcock Movie ever.

• Ameeli

★★★★ Watched by Ameeli 16 May, 2015

The Shower Scene

• Ramona & Cat.

★★★★ Rewatched by Ramona & Cat. 28 Mar, 2015

Now that the semester is finished, I just wanted to share the close analysis I did in my intro to cinema studies class...

When Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) first enters the shower, besides the crisp patter of running water, there is a deliberate lack of sound. At first, this has the effect of creating intimacy with the character, but as this eerie quietness is prolonged, an atmosphere of unease takes over. The diegetic sound of the shower drowns out all…

• Roman Arbisi

★★★★★ Rewatched by Roman Arbisi 18 Jun, 2015

"We all go a little mad sometimes" - Norman Bates

Yes Norman you are absolutely right, everyone should be going mad for 'Psycho'.

• Jason Woloski

★★★★½ Added by Jason Woloski

The horrors of cleanliness. Norman Bates' futile attempts scrubbing his mind of maternal instinct translates into an antisepticised ecosystem of a forgotten motel property. Marion Crane's arrival at the Bates Motel, amidst her inability cleaning up her own life, takes Norman from clean thoughts, clean rooms, and clean sheets to a world of clean knife cuts, and cleaning a bathroom of spilled blood and a dead body. Norman's inability to cleanse all physical evidence of Marion Crane's brief, carnal existence…