• Louise Mørk

★★★★ Watched by Louise Mørk 25 Jul, 2016

I was SO ready to watch a scary movie! Wasn't it suppose to be scary? I couldn't help laughing at inappropriate places - like everytime the music went hyper!
    But still an awesome movie with cool dialog and a tense atmosphere.

• Mathieu Fortin

★★★★½ Added by Mathieu Fortin

So much more than the shower scene.

• Jeff King

★★★★½ Watched by Jeff King 25 Jul, 2016

I didn't go in for the full five stars on this if only because, thanks to modern technology, I knew quite literally everything about this movie going in. There was no suspense or shock value. However, in 1960, seeing this, I can imagine it was a completely unreal experience.

So much went into this movie in terms of complexity and little things. A well-made movie is more than the sum of its parts, and that's 100% true here. The music…

• Jacob Hinchely

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Hinchely 25 Jul, 2016

"She wouldn't even harm a fly."

Perkins' performance alone is enough for me to cement Psycho's position on my list of favorite movies. I saw this in 2001 for the first time in broad daylight in a class room filled with other students and it was still the most creepy, unsettling thing I had ever seen. It is a perfect horror film, genuinely suspenseful, has unsurpassed thrilling twists, shocking deaths and argubly the most memorable ending of all time.

Directed by Alfred Hitchcock

• Ian West

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ian West 24 Jul, 2016

Where do I start with this? Essential cinema. Just go watch it if you haven't seen it, or if you know someone who hasn't seen it, watch it with them because it's the closest you'll ever get to that first time experience of seeing it again. Top tier cinema.

• ryanstannage

★★★★★ Watched by ryanstannage 23 Jul, 2016

Had not seen this for a number of years, so this watch elicited genuine shocks and excitement.

Masterpiece.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Charchuk 31 Oct, 2011

No explanation required.

• KentBrockman

★★★★★ Watched by KentBrockman 21 Jul, 2016

Even with knowing the huge twists, this movie still left a huge impact on me. Anthony Perkins gives one of the most tragic and haunting performances of all time. That part in the basement with Mrs Bates and Norman is fucking haunting, seeing Norman in his mothers clothes is an image that will haunt me for the rest of my life. The ending of this movie is so perfectly creepy, and it is one that will stick with me for a while. Alfred Hitchcock with one movie shaped the landscape of not just horror movies but movies in general. A masterpiece of shock and terror.

• Christian Alec

★★★★★ Rewatched by Christian Alec 21 Jul, 2016

Alfred Hitchcock Ranked

Last night, I had the pleasure of sitting in a class with me and five others, and only two of us having ever seen the film and even one girl never have heard of this in her life. Let me just say, watching all their reactions was a treat because they were pretty freaked out. How amazing after all this time, something that now seems so mildly tame and campy, can still freak people out and shock…

• Cheese Man

★★ Watched by Cheese Man 03 Sep, 2015

I'm just not that fond of Hitchcock's style.

• lopestangerino

★★★★★ Watched by lopestangerino 22 Jul, 2016

I didn't expect all the turns it had after Marion died