• Luigi Allender

★★★½ Rewatched by Luigi Allender 21 Sep, 2014

This is part of Hoop-tober that wdas inspired by letterboxd.com/cinemonster.

Starting to get into the Halloween mood, I decided to start with the original slasher flick. While there's not all that much substance the ending is awesome with the psychologist explaining what's going on inside Norman Bates mind. It's funny how this movie starts off with just a couple taking about being respectful, then turns into a theft/runaway film, then into murder mystery. Probably the best part of the film…

• Paul Lister

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Lister 21 Sep, 2014 1

"She might have fooled me, but she didn't fool my mother."

Psycho feels as startling now as it probably did back in 1960. Even now the first act shock - that is pretty much known even if you haven't seen the film - really is shocking. Not just because it is a brilliant scene in it's own right, the stabbing music, the way in which it is editing, not specifically showing the knife plunge into the body (that's what the…

• shakthi

★★★★★ Watched by shakthi 06 Jan, 2012

world's top 5 best thriller

• vincemale

★★★★½ Watched by vincemale 20 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 16 Sep, 2014

Even after all these years, when people who've never seen the thing know the shower scene shot by shot, Psycho still packs a punch. Personally I rate it at the very top of the second tier of Hitchcock's work - behind Vertigo, Rear Window, North by Northwest and Strangers on a Train but ahead of an awful lot else. The strong performances from Anthony Perkins (who must've been grown in a lab to play Norman Bates he's so perfect) and Vivien Leigh haven't faded even if some of the shocks have, and the change in direction from noir to proto-slasher is still electrifying.

• AntonioSanAlo99

★★★★★ Added by AntonioSanAlo99

Una película atemporal y sencillamente genial. Uno de los mayores referentes del cine de suspense del genio Hitchcock.

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 20 Sep, 2014

1960's Psycho Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Me And My Brother Jesse Were Born When This Movie Was 34 Years Old In 1994.

• Ciaran

★★★★★ Watched by Ciaran 17 Sep, 2014

I've seen a few Hitchcock films before, but they've all left me with that "is that all there is to it" feeling like after you lost your virginity. This was like awesome drunk sex after high school graduation. It goes without saying how incredible the shower scene is, but contextually it doesn't overshadow the rest of the film at all. Anthony Perkins is mesmerizing.

• simonmeisinger

★★★★½ Watched by simonmeisinger 25 Aug, 2014

For today’s standards the plot isn’t that much of a brainfuck as it was back in 1960, but it’s still pretty solid and very well told.

The real strengths of the movie (by today’s standards) lie in it’s use of music and in it’s remarkable cinematography. Almost every shot is a masterpiece and it’s black and white treatment may be the best I’ve seen so far in a movie.

• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 10 Nov, 2012

A classical!

• lloydlangman

★★★★ Watched by lloydlangman 31 Aug, 2014

Somehow, I only managed to realise who the Psycho is when the twist is revealed...

• Cole_Ratcliff