• gearinger

★★★★½ Rewatched by gearinger 25 Jul, 2014

I think we can all agree: there's something creepy about Norman

• Sc8lo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 20 Feb, 2011

If you haven't seen this movie i feel sorry for you. Marred by 100s of imitations. Anthony Perkins role is still disturbing and the ending is timeless.

• Kiki

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kiki 25 Jul, 2014

I had the absolute pleasure of watching a screening of this great classic in a cemetery the other day. So much fun being able to watch this on the big screen among the dead.

Also an amazing moment: the flashes of cameras taking pictures during the shower scene.

• Rti03

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rti03 26 Jul, 2014 2

"She might have fooled me, but she didn't fool my mother."
    -Norman Bates

Psycho is my eight stop and fourth re-watch in my Alfred Hitchcock marathon, and i'm not going to lie that this view just made more pumped to continue this streak of his films. I have seen 24 pictures from Mr. Hitchcock but of those 24 i had re-watched only The Birds and this one both only once and even though i remembered more less the whole film…

• Aleksi Järvinen

★★★★ Rewatched by Aleksi Järvinen 26 Jul, 2014

"We all go a little mad sometimes"

Hitchcock continues to explore one of his familiar themes of madness and evil that lies beneath the everyday surface (and potentially all of us) familiar from Shadow of a Doubt especially. Psycho, however, is much more bleak and brutal in it's tone. It's a transitional work towards the equally rough The Birds and Marnie. Marion Crane's rapid drive towards her fate climaxes in the famous shower scene, still one of the most shocking…

• Danny Schick

★★★★½ Watched by Danny Schick 23 Jul, 2014

I thought I already knew all the tricks this movie had in store. Like the shower scene that everyone's seen a thousand times. Who would have thought it would actually be downright horrifying with the 20 tense minute building up to the act? This was way better than I was ever expecting.

• Massafaka

★★★★★ Watched by Massafaka 20 Mar, 2013

Wow.

Erstaunlicherweise wurden meine Erwartungen weit übertroffen, was bei einem solchen Kaliber nicht leicht ist. Wird der Film so oft auf die ein Duschszene reduziert (welche ich bisher auch nie ganz gesehen hatte) wird doch weitaus mehr geboten. Grandiose Kamera, immer wieder das Spiel mit Winkeln, Schatten, Spiegelungen usw, ein fast unvorhersehbarer Plot, Schauspieler alle sehr sehr gut, doch Perkins spielt im Grunde alle gegen die Wand. Den Plottwist konnte ich schon erahnen (da mittlerweile zig mal kopiert), das trübt…

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 20 Jul, 2014

Hitchcock's best film.

• Erin

★★★★ Watched by Erin 07 Jul, 2014

My first Hitchcock film and I was not disappointed. Loved every second of it.

• Kevin Huang

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Huang 19 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• shu hui

★★★★★ Watched by shu hui 17 Jul, 2014

A true masterpiece. The deftly-written script with its well-planned twists and turns is remarkable in itself, along with its memorable dialogue. Anthony Perkins's iconic performance also solidifies the film as a classic and the pioneer of all thrillers.

• migueeLeon

★★★★★ Watched by migueeLeon 13 Jul, 2014

I think I must have one of those faces you can't help believing.