• Christian Estabrook

Watched by Christian Estabrook 27 Apr, 2016

This will be our Movie from the Crypt pick for episode 14 of It's Only a Podcast. My wife will be a guest in that episode and she'll share her thoughts after just having seen this film for the first time.

• Chris Letso

★★★★★ Watched by Chris Letso 27 Apr, 2016

The Princeton Garden Theater is a treasure.

• MrColon

★★★★½ Added by MrColon

For a film made in 1960, it still managed to creep me out. A real classic, not just for horror fans but for those who like great films!

• micah1984

★★★★★ Rewatched by micah1984 27 Apr, 2016

Great film. An actual "must-watch" for me. And don't fuss about stuff that's outdated. There's always gonna be outdated stuff in the movies. Get used to it.

• JamesPasier

★★★ Rewatched by JamesPasier 21 Apr, 2016 1

It doesn't hold up very well in terms of production value, shocks and scares but what it lacks in those departments it makes up for with excellent performances from the cast (including Anthony Perkins and Janet Leigh) and a magnificent moody score by Bernard Herrmann.

Not one of Alfred Hitchcock's best films (or best displays of cinematagraphy) but it isn't a bad film by any means.

• caddenbro

★★★½ Watched by caddenbro 03 Jan, 2016

Hitchcock, master of intentionality, doesn't waste a single shot throughout this film. In my opinion, Psycho is not the best work in Hitch's magnificent filmography but it is the most well-known for a reason. When you talk about a stripped down and flawless piece of filmmaking, one can name very few movies that are on this level. It picks its moments well and undoubtedly delivers (i.e. the murder scenes, the final shot, the stuffed bird dialogue, etc.). Hermann's score is…

• filmsrock

★★★★½ Watched by filmsrock 23 Apr, 2016

Great horror film. Wonderful mystery just brilliant .

• Chris

★★★★★ Watched by Chris 21 Apr, 2016

Seems like a nice dude.

• sharky_55

★★★★★ Added by sharky_55

It's funny to see so many reviews of this classic marked for spoilers because the shower murder scene of Marion Crane is perhaps the most prominent example of film being embedded into the cultural psyche - and then parodied and mimicked so much that it birthed an entire new genre. It is Hitchcock's greatest use of montage - each cut as an assault on the audience's senses, each as another slash of the knife to Crane's dripping, screaming face. Eisenstein's…

• Nathanial00

★★★★★ Watched by Nathanial00 31 Oct, 2015

10/10
    Yet Another Perfect Hitchcock Masterpiece

• alda

★★★★★ Rewatched by alda 16 Apr, 2016

There was a free screening at the National Gallery of Art today. It was awesome to hear people gasp at the big reveal at the end, to realize that Hitchcock can still shock audiences over fifty years later. I can only imagine the effect it had on audiences back when it was shown for the first time.

• Ashley

★★★★ Watched by Ashley 15 Apr, 2016

movies aren't fun when you already know everything that happens