• Gogo

★★★★½ Watched by Gogo 29 Sep, 2014

Psycho is a true classic.

I love the characters, plot, cinematography, editing, music selections and especially the two leading actors Antynony Perkins and Janet Leigh. Psycho is old, even more than half a century old, but it still manages to instill fear and suspense without fail! Norman Bates is an endlessly fascinating character and Perkins' portrayal is painfully good. When one can make the audience generously sympathetic towards villain, real magic is made.

My two favorite scenes may be a…

• Megan Rainbird

★★★★★ Watched by Megan Rainbird 29 Sep, 2014

One of the best films of all time, and an absolute personal favourite.

• Matt Fisher

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Fisher 26 Sep, 2014

Last time I saw this, which was about 10 years ago, I thought it was OKAY. Having literally seen thousands of films since them, including but not limited to other slasher films, De Palma's great works, Verhoeven's erotic thrillers and in that time I was introduced to Giallo.

So:

A) All that came from here. We might still have something like those things, but we wouldn't have exactly those things without this movie.

and

B) 10 year ago I was an idiot. Even if nothing had come from this, this would still be amazing.

• Heather Nicole Breece

★★★★½ Rewatched by Heather Nicole Breece 31 Oct, 1997

This movie is Great for those who are new to the horror or mystery genre.This movie was loosely based on real life serial killer Edward Gein, and for a horror film, it's very light of any form of violence. Hitchcock was a gifted man in his craft.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Who am I to review about this masterpiece a grand work by Hitchcock. He simply executed his entire crafty skills in this most-chilling-horror-film of the last century.

Anthony Perkins portrayed a hell of character of Norman Bates, as did Janet Leigh.....And who may forget the shocking 'Shower Scene' as well as lifting of dumped car at the end of the film just after the ripping naughty smile from Norman Bates.

• Njabs Phungula

★★★★★ Rewatched by Njabs Phungula 26 Sep, 2014 1

This is, without a doubt, one of the finest films ever made. It is visually stunning and intensely suspenseful. The performances are strong and apart from the scene in Marion's workplace, there isn't any of Hitchcock's trademark humour. Anthony Perkins gives the performance of a lifetime. That scene where he's watching the swamp swallow up the car is chilling. His facial expressions say it all. Another moment that has always blown my mind is the murder of Arbogast. The camera's…

• surfer_rosa

★★★★★ Watched by surfer_rosa 27 Sep, 2014

El spoiler de dominio público no me ha impedido para nada disfrutar de Psicosis. Sí lo hizo tener que cortar el visionado para ir a sacar al puto perro.

• Rebecca Fullstop

★★★★★ Watched by Rebecca Fullstop 28 Sep, 2014

There's something about the writing/directing/acting in this film that makes it impossible to look away. Easily one of my favourite films.

• Robert Berlin

★★★★★ Watched by Robert Berlin 27 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Todd Gaines

★★★★★ Rewatched by Todd Gaines 26 Sep, 2014 46

Alfred Hitchcock's tale of a semi socially awkward boy, a loving and caring mother, a family owned and operated motel, a thief who stole $40,000 of cold hard cash, and a steamy shower that forever changed cinema for the better. Post coitus pillow talk. Is Sam Loomis and Dr. Loomis the same person? The way Hitch gives the middle finger to the censorship codes. Janet Leigh purrs like a kitten and is one sexy vixen. Cowboy Hitch. Has there ever…

• Brandon Sawyer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brandon Sawyer 12 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Jørgen Alvestad

★★★★ Watched by Jørgen Alvestad 25 Sep, 2014

I basically knew the whole plot going in, thanks to much spoiling through the years, something that inevitably hurt my viewing experience. I really wish I didn't know anything about it beforehand though, because it has a very clever script with great twists and turns, which I'm certain would have been a great ride to follow. Well, it is a great ride to follow anyway, but sadly not as great as it could have been.