• Fajrianur Afnan

★★★★ Watched by Fajrianur Afnan 25 Nov, 2015

The sin I did was that I've seen way too many imitation of Psycho before seeing the original suspenseful flick, well the fact that it spawned many imitations proved how influential it is. And this 'origin' is definitely the great of em all

• Ollie_8

★★★★★ Added by Ollie_8

• Rasik

★★★★★ Watched by Rasik 28 Nov, 2015

Got an opportunity to watch this classic on the big screen and the impact the three scenes - the shower scene, detective on the stairs and the final revelation - have are unmatche. This is despite having seen the film multiple times before.

• CutTheBlueWire

★★★★★ Added by CutTheBlueWire

As much as I don't think Psycho's scares hold up tremendously well by today's standard, (though its direction and soundtrack will always be timeless), it's boundary pushing concept and invention of both the slasher film and the psychological horror genre make this a truly iconic piece of cinema.

• AdeleHamal

★★★★★ Rewatched by AdeleHamal 27 Nov, 2015

I love everything about this movie.

• Luca Lagerstrom

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luca Lagerstrom 26 Nov, 2015

'Well a boy's best friend is his mother.'

Perfect. Absolute perfection. Alfred Hitchcock's magnum opus, his beautiful noir and amazingly told tale of Norman Bates grabs people's attention from the opening scene. From the beginning frame when we hear the masterpiece's brilliant theme, to the end when we hear the chilling last words spoken by Mr/Mrs. Norman Bates which transitions into the end of the film, is absolutely stunning.

Psycho is a masterpiece of modern filmmaking, and an experience I will never, ever forget.

• jaackiesorro

★★★ Added by jaackiesorro

This film wasn't what I was expecting, I have heard many mixed reviews but in my opinion it was disappointing. The scary music was playing at awkwards times and the stabbing scene made me feel uncomfortable because of how off it was. I did think that the close ups added to the ambiance of the film but overall, wasn't that good but what should I expect for a 1960's film.

• sandraborys

★★★★ Added by sandraborys

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A woman Marian Crane who arrives at a motel after she had stolen money from her employer that she was supposed to take it to the bank and things take a unexpected turn. I found it interesting how the protagonist dies in the beginning of the film and the way it switches protagonist from Marian to Norman. The story itself was clearly told and unique however, I could understand why most people watching it would dislike it and perhaps get…

• Cedrian98

★★½ Added by Cedrian98

Psycho.... a unique film to say the least. While I do admit that I did not enjoy the film much due to the film's lack of verisimilitude, I do have to commend Sir Hitchcock on his great use of camera angles. Take for example the scene with Marion and Norman eating dinner. The use of a wide angle that brought the bird in the background into focus gives the viewer an idea that something (or should I say someone) else is giving it's presence.

• ashritijain

★★★ Added by ashritijain

I didn't like the film as the protagonist is Marion in the beginning who is dead in the first 45 minutes of the film and then changes to Norman. I think it was weird because Norman has a Split Personality Disorder and was the murderer of his mother.......it is not even clear in most part of the film that he has a psychological disorder though he behaves like that....

• Leonardo Dalayoan

★★★ Added by Leonardo Dalayoan

Psycho is a product of the manifestation that is Norman Bates. After murdering his own mother and step father, traumatized, Norman adopts a bipolar persona embodying his mother. This conflict within Norman's mind causes his mothers persona to take control and kill every woman Norman is interested in. And because of this conflict Norman has committed the countless murders of many young women, including our protagonist Marian who coincidently takes shelter at the Bates motel after stealing 40 000 dollars…

• Ebraganza

★★★★ Added by Ebraganza

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The film Psycho lived up to its name. Norman Bate having a metal illness and murdering Marion during the famous shower scene. The plot twist of Norman being able to have the personality of himself and his mother. Alfred Hitchcock does a great job experimenting with different camera shots. A shot I thought we neat was the birds eye view shot, when the mother (Norman) murders the detective. I thought the film was excellent but most people now find it…