• Peter Webb

Added by Peter Webb

A seminal film in the work of Alfred Hitchcock, 'Psycho' is the one film which fully engaged me in Hitchcock's work. 'Psycho' builds up great suspense, first introducing us to a female protagonist doing equally 'psycho' actions, replacing her car and finding a place out of town for seemingly inexplicable reasons. The famed 'shower scene' firmly subverts the narrative, showing the murder using a revolutionary process of rapid shots shown in succession of fractions of a second, giving the viewer…

• aldy

★★★★½ Watched by aldy 03 Jan, 2016

Psycho was so much fun to watch but damn it that ending. The entire psychiatrist scene was so awful and explanatory, his dumb smugness with “from his mother” made me so mad. Hitchcock really should have just removed that entire part but, fortunately, other than that it was a great movie and a really entertaining watch. Anthony Perkins was superb, it was a fantastic role and he was perfect in every frikkin' scene. Even though the iconic shower scene's been…

• Sitheis

★★★★ Watched by Sitheis 08 Feb, 2016

The acting in this movie was amazing. The psychical acting was bad.
    I predicted the ending.

• JJP2001

★★★★½ Added by JJP2001

Alfred Hitchcocks Adaptation of Robert Blochs novel is extraordinary, in the fact that hithcock is able to keep the secrets till the very end, the cinematography, especially in the shower sequence is pure visual horror , mixed with the soundtrack its a must see thriller

• ruronidesu

★★★★★ Added by ruronidesu

Para entendidos de este cine. Brutal.

• José Rocha Neto

★★★★★ Added by José Rocha Neto

hitchcock

• jto111

★★★★½ Added by jto111

A terrifying and iconic horror film from director Alfred Hitchcock.

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Love It!

• Connor Mullaney

★★★ Watched by Connor Mullaney 04 Feb, 2016

This one's filed under "Obligatory Film Homework".

Watching this in 2016 makes it look like a silly horror film replete with cheesy acting and awkward murder scenes, but you can't deny its importance/legacy yadayadaya. Not my cuppa tea, though.

• jeremyviele

★★★★★ Rewatched by jeremyviele 20 Sep, 2015

AMC Puente Hills 20 - Industry, CA

• UrSoSmrt

★★★½ Added by UrSoSmrt

I peed my panties

• Anna Smith

★★★★½ Added by Anna Smith

As a newbie to the world of Hitchcock, I thought this was pretty great. I love how he masters the art of suspense and keeps audiences on their toes. Also, his placement of birds throughout his movies is a pretty cool trademark but also a bit unsettling.