• Rutger Otto

★★★★½ Watched by Rutger Otto 30 Aug, 2014 2

Om te beginnen een biecht. Afgezien van The Birds had ik nooit eerder een film van Hitchcock gezien. Dat gaat als zelfbenoemd filmliefhebber aan je knagen, maar aan de andere kant: ik heb nog enorm veel klassiekers tegoed. Zo zag ik voor het eerst Psycho.

De film is een uitstapje van Hitchcock naar het horrorgenre, al begint de horror volgens de regisseur pas 'na de film, wanneer je in het donker in de auto zit'. Wel is Psycho onomstotelijk een…

• caroline

★★★★★ Added by caroline

oh shit man

• Alexson Philipiah

★★★½ Added by Alexson Philipiah

Put this one off for too long but I'm glad I finally watched it. Visually, despite being black and white, it's quite the treat to look at. The performance of the actor who plays Norman Bates is pretty damn good and the best. I can very much so respect it as a influential piece of history for cinema. It doesn't translate as well to me as it would have to the audience back then due to all the horror films…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 14 Nov, 2008

Psycho, Alfred Hitchcock's most famous, parodied, groundbreaking, and influential film, remains after several decades one of the greatest thrillers and horror films ever made. With a haunting score, many memorable moments, and a brilliant plot twist that, in spite of being one of the most widely known spoilers ever, is still shocking, this is an undeniable masterpiece of suspense that introduces Anthony Perkins playing one of the eeriest and most enthralling villains in movie history.

• Lobezno Estepario

★★★★½ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 28 Aug, 2014

Psycho es seguramente el clásico fílmico al que más difícil es llegar sin ideas preconcebidas o haber visto las escenas claves, pero eso no puede con la impepinable fuerza de sus imágenes y su acompañamiento sonoro.

• Rocca

★★★★½ Watched by Rocca 26 Aug, 2014

Well thank goodness, it's definitely better than Bates Motel.

• Ned Ryerson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ned Ryerson 26 Aug, 2014

90/100

Norman's internal monologue to himself as his mother in the empty questioning room, its negative space punctuated by the bare, stark gray wall behind him, followed by the close-up of the fly resting on his hand, and finally Perkins directly addressing the camera with one of the most genuinely macabre smiles you'll ever see, that's basically some Persona-level type shit. And I have no doubt, at all, that it inspired Bergman.

• filipesaintpaul

★★★★½ Watched by filipesaintpaul 23 Aug, 2014

Filme interessante, cenas tensas. Não precisava ter a explicação no final.. dumbed down total

• Logan Jones

★★★★★ Rewatched by Logan Jones 21 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• TrellSpreewell

★★★ Watched by TrellSpreewell 23 Aug, 2014

a film that you have heard so much about and seen parts that when you watch it, it basically ruins the film. the ending still got me though

• Carlos Valladares

★★★★★ Rewatched by Carlos Valladares 22 Aug, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• PapaRock

★★★★★ Rewatched by PapaRock 19 Aug, 2014

As I was watching this, I started to get bored. And then I realized how silly I was being. 5 stars.