• Danny Schick

★★★★½ Watched by Danny Schick 23 Jul, 2014

I thought I already knew all the tricks this movie had in store. Like the shower scene that everyone's seen a thousand times. Who would have thought it would actually be downright horrifying with the 20 tense minute building up to the act? This was way better than I was ever expecting.

• Massafaka

★★★★★ Watched by Massafaka 20 Mar, 2013

Wow.

Erstaunlicherweise wurden meine Erwartungen weit übertroffen, was bei einem solchen Kaliber nicht leicht ist. Wird der Film so oft auf die ein Duschszene reduziert (welche ich bisher auch nie ganz gesehen hatte) wird doch weitaus mehr geboten. Grandiose Kamera, immer wieder das Spiel mit Winkeln, Schatten, Spiegelungen usw, ein fast unvorhersehbarer Plot, Schauspieler alle sehr sehr gut, doch Perkins spielt im Grunde alle gegen die Wand. Den Plottwist konnte ich schon erahnen (da mittlerweile zig mal kopiert), das trübt…

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 20 Jul, 2014

Hitchcock's best film.

• Erin

★★★★ Watched by Erin 07 Jul, 2014

My first Hitchcock film and I was not disappointed. Loved every second of it.

• Kevin Huang

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Huang 19 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• shu hui

★★★★★ Watched by shu hui 17 Jul, 2014

A true masterpiece. The deftly-written script with its well-planned twists and turns is remarkable in itself, along with its memorable dialogue. Anthony Perkins's iconic performance also solidifies the film as a classic and the pioneer of all thrillers.

• migueeLeon

★★★★★ Watched by migueeLeon 13 Jul, 2014

I think I must have one of those faces you can't help believing.

• Nicholas D

★★★★ Watched by Nicholas D 12 Jul, 2014 1

I went into "Psycho" after really liking "Vertigo" which meant that my expectations were once again quite high. This film did not fail to meet the expectations.

What an interesting story, unfortunately I cannot tell you why it was so intriguing as it's one of those films where you just have see it. I thought the ending and resolution to the plot was very good, there was no way that I was expecting that!

The film was also interesting on…

• Jonathas Fernandes

★★★★½ Watched by Jonathas Fernandes 12 Jul, 2014

Os pilares do cinema moderno sendo levantados.

• Daryl

★★★★½ Rewatched by Daryl 09 Jul, 2014

Even some 33 years after his death, Alfred Hitchcock is one of the most daring film makers in the world.

Psycho is great evidence of that.

The shrieking score that basically puts you on edge as the opening credits start to role

The mesmerising shower scene. Where the camera disappears down the drain and then zooms out from Janet Leigh's eye. Mesmerising.

That office conversation between Perkins and Leigh, sheer electricity.

Hitchcock has never made a flawless film, and this certainly isn't flawless.

But Psycho, 53 years on, is still, simply put a stone cold classic.

• BobandLyle