• Flick Fanatics (Matt)

★★★★★ Rewatched by Flick Fanatics (Matt) 09 Oct, 2015

The master of film. What a great thriller/horror movie for October. I love everything about psycho, especially the score, and Antony Perkins performance. Amazing stuff that still holds up 55 years after its release.

• Chase Eiland

★★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 08 Oct, 2015

A truly twisted classic movie. Amazing how stunning it still looks 55 years later.

• ScreeningNotes

★★★★★ Rewatched by ScreeningNotes 01 Oct, 2015 5

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

There's way too much movie here for the little free time I have to write these things, and I had a very special experience watching this, so I'm going full anecdote with this review.

We brought a new friend to our October Horrorfest screening today. He was a horror newbie. He was a man who not only hadn't seen Psycho, he didn't even know what it was about. He knew it was a well regarded early horror movie, and that…

• drucilla

★★★ Watched by drucilla 21 Sep, 2015

my first hitchcock film!! honestly, this might've been eerier had i not known the twist already, but i bet for audiences in 1960, this one was a real doozy.

• Sam Noland

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sam Noland 04 Oct, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

After only 2 viewings, Psycho has become my 3rd favorite movie of all time, and for good reason.

I'll try my best to explain why I love the first half hour or so, so stay with me on this. To me, the first half hour seems like a story you heard on the news. I think this because you only see Marion while she's with other people, and if she's not, it's simply a shot of her driving with ominous…

• Ben Bates

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Bates 05 Oct, 2015 2

Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho may be the perfect example of what American cinema truly is. Hitchcock's manipulation of the audience's expectations drives the film, and it is just as entertaining as it is artistically impressive.

The film begins as a seemingly simple story of a lady who is on the run after stealing some money. Hitchcock expertly makes us care about the character. We become fascinated with her story, as he creates tension with the incredible score that builds an almost…

• mikeyzjames

★★★ Added by mikeyzjames

A really weird movie. It seems pretty clear Hitchcock had two key sequences: the stabbing and the final reveal. But those don't constitute a film, so the plot is purposely built as an extended evasion. And yet, the film is called Psycho. It's just too good of title to dismiss, even if it too clearly foreshadows what's to come.

• André González

★★★ Watched by André González 04 Oct, 2015

La realidad y la fantasía se fraguan en la mente de Norman Bates, una masterclass en película pero también un punto de partida y no un absoluto.

• Garrett Smith

★★★★ Watched by Garrett Smith 02 Oct, 2015

"12 cabins, 12 vacancies."

October begins and I being tackling my Horror Homework list for the year with a classic that also appears on my Shame List, Psycho. Every time I sit down to catch up on Hitchcock, I'm impressed all over again by just how watchable his movies are. They do not feel like they're from the era they were made in to me; he pioneered so much of the cinematic language that we still use today that his…

• oneinfinity

★★★★★ Rewatched by oneinfinity 20 Sep, 2015

watched at regal colonnade, fathom/tcm event

• Caden LaPlante

★★★★★ Rewatched by Caden LaPlante 04 Oct, 2015

Made my little brother watch this not knowing anything about it. Let's just say he liked it a lot....especially the scary parts. ;)

• Njabs Phungula

★★★★★ Rewatched by Njabs Phungula 04 Oct, 2015

"It's sad, when a mother has to speak the words that condemn her own son....."

I really need to show this movie to a friend who hasn't seen it.