• jay jay

★★★★★ Watched by jay jay 02 Jul, 2015

forever classic

• Ayza Khan

★★★★★ Watched by Ayza Khan 02 Jul, 2015

Norman Bates: You know what I think? I think that we're all in our private traps, clamped in them, and none of us can ever get out. We scratch and we claw, but only at the air, only at each other, and for all of it, we never budge an inch.
    Marion Crane: Sometimes we deliberately step into those traps.
    Norman Bates: I was born into mine. I don't mind it anymore.
    Marion Crane: Oh, but you should. You should mind it.
    Norman Bates: Oh, I do...[laughs] But I say I don't.

• Alex

★★★★½ Added by Alex

This still leaves me with nightmares

• Yuri90

★★★½ Watched by Yuri90 29 Jun, 2015

19.

Un film che ha fatto il suo tempo. Sicuramente da ricordare per la scena dell'omicidio sotto la doccia e per la colonna sonora.

• Anthony Iessi

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Iessi

A pivotal moment in movie history, and unquestionably, the greatest horror film of all time.

• Colby

★★★★★ Rewatched by Colby 23 Jun, 2015

Obviously

• BilltheThrill

★★★★½ Rewatched by BilltheThrill 16 Mar, 2015

When I first saw Psycho in high school I wasn't exactly blown away, perhaps my taste in cinema simply wasn't refined enough, but now I rank it among Hitchcock's best. Alfred does a masterful job here at creating suspense and tension, and the score is just amazing.

• panics

★★★★★ Added by panics

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

the plot twist made me laugh so hard, is it just me?

On a serious note, Hitchcock's Psycho is an intelligent film presenting the 60s suspense in a provocative manner. Subtle, gentle and then everything altogether.

• FilmCommentary

★★★★★ Added by FilmCommentary

One word: hypnotic.

• mcmully

★★★★★ Added by mcmully

Best Hitchcock Movie ever.

• Ameeli

★★★★ Watched by Ameeli 16 May, 2015

The Shower Scene

• Ramona & Cat.

★★★★ Rewatched by Ramona & Cat. 28 Mar, 2015

Now that the semester is finished, I just wanted to share the close analysis I did in my intro to cinema studies class...

When Marion Crane (Janet Leigh) first enters the shower, besides the crisp patter of running water, there is a deliberate lack of sound. At first, this has the effect of creating intimacy with the character, but as this eerie quietness is prolonged, an atmosphere of unease takes over. The diegetic sound of the shower drowns out all…