• Chris

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 06 Feb, 2014

One of the best Comic Book and Action movies of the past 10..no, 20 years...Hell, let's just say ever. Perfectly cast, especially Doug Hutchison as Loony Bin Jim. It is a bit strange seeing McNulty play a piece of shit villain after having seen The Wire though.

And I wish Thomas Jane had returned but it's a small quibble considering how great Ray Stevenson is in the role of Frank Castle.

• E Harrison

★★★★★ Watched by E Harrison 12 Dec, 2013

i recommend everyone watches this with their girlfriend

• Michael Hill

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Hill 23 Nov, 2013

This is the definition of entertainment. The whole movie is ridiculously over the top in the most beautiful ways. The kills are very creative and it's just a spectacle to behold. This movie really cannot be put into words, but it should be seen by everyone.

• Ghostsmut

★★★★★ Added by Ghostsmut

The best film made by a woman of all time.

Potentially the best film made by a man too.

Better than Commando.

• ultraviolet

★★★★★ Added by ultraviolet

The best punisher film so far

• Gwen

★★★★★ Added by Gwen

Any movie that makes me laugh this much deserves full points. This is definitely Frank Castle the way he should be - over the top, brutal, and just plain sick, with a little emo-angst thrown in for good measure. I've never seen Dominic West better as Jigsaw, and between him and Stevenson, there's never any lack of insanity to be had. Enjoy.

• John H. Felix

★★★★★ Rewatched by John H. Felix 14 Apr, 2012

How can a movie both be completely and utterly underrated in addition to being a shameful, ugly guilty pleasure? I don't know, but this movie fills both roles to a T.

• Gwen

★★★★★ Added by Gwen

• anotherfilmnerd

★★★★½ Rewatched by anotherfilmnerd 05 Apr, 2014

There are two ways you can make a Punisher movie: a gritty, realistic, not-for-the-squeamish take, or a larger-than-life, over-the-top Raimi-esque piece of excess.

In her wisdom, Lexi Alexander chose the latter - delivering can only be described as the best cinematic take on the Punisher to date.

That may sound like it's damning with faint praise, but it isn't. Punisher War Zone ranks up there with the best of the Marvel adaptations. It's wildly over the top, with a wicked sense of humour and action set pieces that deliver a hard R with no apologies whatsoever. Highly recommended

• Swift The Fox

★★★★½ Added by Swift The Fox

Pure schlock. The movie starts out with the punisher hanging upside from a chandaler and shooting mobsters who just keep running into the room. Later he uses a rocket launcher to blow up some free-runners mid flip.

Get drunk and check this pile out!

• JamesLebowski

★★★★½ Rewatched by JamesLebowski 17 Aug, 2013

S
    A
    V
    E
    S

"Punisher: War Zone" is the best movie for men ever directed by a woman, the phenomenal Lexi Alexander, and stars Ray Stevenson in what is probably a blood and neon drenched documentary about his regular activities besides acting. (Yeah, I indeed think the guy is totally fucking awesome and bloody underused.)

Right in the first action scene there's a moment where I knew I'd love this. Frank Castle kills a bunch of mobsters at a…

• MovieGenius