• Kerry Rae Creasy

★★★★★ Watched by Kerry Rae Creasy 26 Apr, 2016

Hyper-violent and oh so fun!

• Silent J

★★★★★ Rewatched by Silent J 07 Jan, 2016 7

So recently, I learned about the awesomeness of this film's director, Lexi Alexander.

Along with being a filmmaker, she's a martial artist (meaning she figuratively AND literally kicks ass), and she's a brave advocate for diversity who wrote amazing article about diversity not too long ago that everyone needs to read. Check her out if you haven't heard of her. I never heard of her before until someone was telling me about her on Twitter the other day. I did…

• aaront

★★★★★ Added by aaront

bruhhh..

• Kevin Laforest

★★★★★ Added by Kevin Laforest

"With all due respect, Captain, that... is bullshit! What if it had been your man lying there, in a pool of his own blood? You Krispy Kreme motherfuckers would be beating down every door in this city."

• trevorhollen

★★★★★ Rewatched by trevorhollen 25 Aug, 2015

One of the best comic adaptations.

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 14 Aug, 2015 4

A guy gets punched in the face and his face explodes. Instant 5 stars from me.

• Cam

★★★★★ Added by Cam

If the majority of movies in Hollywood had a third of the confidence this one has in its audience, the world would be a better place.

• tttaub

★★★★★ Added by tttaub

Justice be done.

• SmokeTNT

★★★★★ Rewatched by SmokeTNT 07 Mar, 2015

I've seen this movie at least a dozen times and have yet to get tired of it. The over the top violence is done absolutely perfectly and there isn't a single frame wasted. With the possible lone exception of The Crow, no other comic book adaptation comes as close to nailing the tone and spirit of the source material as Punisher: War Zone. The acting is spot on, the directing is excellent, and the story is perfect as a vehicle…

• Boris_Prole

★★★★★ Watched by Boris_Prole 21 Feb, 2015

Still fucking superb. One of the finest examples of an modern action film !!!

• D.C.

★★★★★ Rewatched by D.C. 27 Jan, 2015 4

"Let me put you out of my misery."

After several failed attempts to follow up on Jonathan Hensleigh's Punisher film, Lionsgate decided to just go ahead a reboot the character. Especially so soon, four years in between films, a trouble production, script issues, etc. It would sound as if Punisher: War Zone was destined to be a giant failure. Thanks to a creative team and a director who understands the source material and the character of The Punisher, we are…

• Bunkerwelt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bunkerwelt 09 Nov, 2014 3

Sometimes you need to take a step back and look at what exactly you're watching. The Punisher comic books are grim tales about a vigilante that are insanely violent while celebrating being so. Any movie adaption that isn't insanely violent is just wrong, just like the "Mortal Kombat" adaption missing any kind of spines being ripped out. Enter "Punisher: War Zone".

Ray Stevenson is perfectly cast as Frank Castle. He has the right build, the right height, the right age.…