• cineedo
  • dda1996a

★★★½ Watched by dda1996a 13 Apr, 2014

I don't exactly remember the Shrek films, but I remember enjoying them.
    Their riffs on popular fairy-tales and folklores stories was funny and nice. And who can forget Puss in Boots and his awesome Alien-spoofing debut in Shrek 2?

Puss in Boots is a spin-off from Shrek, showing Puss before he met Shrek in Shrek 2.

I was not really expecting much from this film, being a spin-off on a supporting character (as scene stealing as he was in the…

• Roghério Lhyma

★★★★ Watched by Roghério Lhyma 30 Mar, 2014

Divertido e envolvente. Gostei.

• memorian

★★★½ Added by memorian

This film was a lot better than that 3rd shrek film, that I still haven't been been able to finish watching.

• Gunnar Syrén

★★★½ Watched by Gunnar Syrén 15 Feb, 2014

I liked the Shrek films, so I was intrigued by Puss in Boots, but I wasn't sure the character was strong enough to carry its own movie. Well, now that I could get it cheap I thought I should at least give it a chance, and I'm glad I did. While I didn't like it quite as much as I liked the Shrek films, I found it pleasant enough. Antonio Banderas does a mean Puss, and Salma Hayek rocks as…

• Jason Kogler

Added by Jason Kogler

My soul hurts.

• Fesapo

★★★ Watched by Fesapo 23 Feb, 2012

68/100

• BlackWidow88

★★ Watched by BlackWidow88 05 Jan, 2014

Nowhere near as good as The Shrek films, is a decent family watch that parody's a lot of old western films but nowhere near as charming or funny as Shrek.

Its an OK kids film but wont appeal to the whole family like Shrek does. The cast does a decent job though and the film looks as good as the studios other films.

• LiteYear

★★★ Watched by LiteYear 02 Sep, 2013

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Vaniuska9

★★½ Added by Vaniuska9

Buena idea hacer un spin off con un personaje querido de Shrek. Ahora, a mucha gente no le sentó bien. Porque tienen que entender que no es otra película de Shrek.

Animación excelente, como siempre. Increíble el estudio que se habrá hecho de los gatos, su carácter, movimientos y reacciones. Y siempre hay que reconocerlo: buena interpretación de Antonio Banderas.

Una historia original y llena de aventuras manteniendo la línea inicial de los cuentos de hadas. Un villano un tanto…

• Dave Hill

★★★½ Rewatched by Dave Hill 12 Dec, 2013

Having just watched "The Mask of Zorro," it seemed appropriate to dive into another Antonio Banderas swashbuckling flick.

PiB a fun little film, with some great visuals, a sophisticated plotline (almost too complex for its own good), decent voice talent, and a bouncy frenetic action that threatens to distract but ends up making this just what you would expect if Puss in Boots we a sword-wielding thief in the vaguely Spanish/Mexican southwest.

This film counts as a rare case where…

• bluevoid

★★★ Watched by bluevoid 29 Nov, 2013

Pretty much what could be expected from a Shrek spinoff. It has the same type of 1-liner humor. It isn't the most evolved animated feature, but it wasn't terrible either.