• Marcel Geiger

★★ Watched by JaySalahi 11 Sep, 2012

C (76)

• Sozaka

★★★★ Added by Sozaka

Puss has always been one of my favorite characters in the Dreamworks animated world. I watched this with a group of grown up friends and we were all rolling. It leans towards adult nature but If I had kids,..... which I'm pretty sure I don't, This flick would be on repeat at my place.

• Darth Huber

★★★½ Added by Darth Huber

A cute family adventure with some good laughs (lots of good cat jokes if you're a cat person). It does fall apart in the second half, but it's definitely still a worthy film for the family.

• Virgilio

★★★ Watched by Virgilio 02 Aug, 2014 2

I am but a humble gato in search of his next meal

Shrek's Puss in Boots was so successful they had to capitalize their fanbase. This film acts as a prequel for the Shrek movies. Puss in Boots was an orphan corrupted by an evil talking egg, Humpty Dumpty. Puss is deceived into helping Humpty search for the fabled magic beans. Hilarity and chaos ensues. There is no really much more to it. Watch it if you are hardcore Shrek fan. Shrek is love, Shrek is life. Right, it may not purrfect but at least it does not fail at keeping you entertained.

• The Ron

★★★ Watched by The Ron 02 Aug, 2014 2

Dreamworks Puss in Boots, a spin-off prequel to the Shrek franchise isn't great or anything but I liked it better than the Shrek sequels. More importantly my two boys liked it which is always my first priority when watching a film with my family.

On a side note Humpty Dumpty is a bit of an ASSHOLE!

• MatthewLB

★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 02 Aug, 2014

Puss in boots is a okay movie, the 3-D in this film but the film is funny in some places and that's good for me.

• Simon Smith

★★★ Watched by Simon Smith 12 Jul, 2014

Not as good as Shrek - Puss needs his chums to make him shine best. Lovely CGI, nice music and quite clever but clever is not always funny.
    Drinking Game: Humpty Dumpty looking slightly like a child catcher...
    Bottom Line: Purrfectly good enough, Shrek fans will enjoy but it wasn't quite as good as I wanted it to be.

• GiddyNGleeful

★★★½ Added by GiddyNGleeful

The story doesn't seem fit for such a swashbuckling character, but it's nice to see the cool cat in a starring role.

• PolackJoe

★★★½ Watched by PolackJoe 26 Jun, 2014

I've always been a fan of the Shrek franchise, mostly because the material was never focused solely on the children. While this spin-off movie doesn't really hit those pop-culture references, it does stick with mixing genres. Basically, this is Desperado in a fairy tale setting.

The action is well directed, the cats are cute, and Humpty Dumpty is one of the creepiest character designs I've ever seen. I actually prefer this to any of the Shrek films.

• PTA

★★★★★ Rewatched by PTA 20 Jun, 2014

One of the funniest and best animated cartoons that I have seen in a long time...my fifth time watching it already.

• Alan Castree

★★★★ Watched by Alan Castree 22 Jun, 2014

This movie was the only reason I made myself watch Shrek 2 and now I know that watching Shrek 2 was not necessary at all. This movie completely stands out on it's own and was much better than any of the Shrek movies.

Warning: Probably not as appealing to non-cat people.