• Laser_reviews

★★★★ Rewatched by Laser_reviews 20 Feb, 2015

3rd time around and its still a load of fun.

• Cinematic Justice

★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 15 Feb, 2015

It was fine. Not great, not bad. Just fine.

I was waiting for the other shoe (boot?) to drop, but Kitty Softpaws doesn't randomly get turned into a damsel in distress for no reason at the film's climax like often seems to happen with generically formidable female characters, so that's a definite plus.

If you're looking for a Shrek 1 or Shrek 2 level of humor, you're going to be pretty disappointed because this film plays everything pretty much straight. It's not bad, but there's no way this would've been nominated for an Oscar in a stronger year.

• MrCritic

★★★★½ Added by MrCritic

This is more like it! "Puss in Boots" removes all the flaws of the last two and as a result, we get a fun family friendly adventure that is the best in the series since "Shrek 2" This film is basically the origin story of the character of Puss in Boots. I was obvious that due to the character's popularity that he would get a movie, much like the Penguins of Madagascar. There is a lot to Puss' backstory that…

• asteroskoni

★★★★ Watched by asteroskoni 05 Feb, 2015

Antonio Banderas can make even a puss sound muy sexy! <3

• Michael King

★½ Added by Michael King

This was a Disney Animated sequel/spin-off but done for theaters and by Dreamworks. Not knocking Dreamworks but the movie didn't click.

• inamax

★★★ Added by inamax

Decent fun

• Sean

Rewatched by Sean 15 Jan, 2015

Silly movie that I enjoy watching with my kids

• DirkH

★★★ Watched by DirkH 12 Jan, 2015 3

About a cat with egg on his face.

And an egg with a face on his ...... egg.

And beans.

And giant poultry.

And .... oh sod it, this was fun.

• Robert de Roos

★★★½ Rewatched by Robert de Roos 10 Jan, 2015

I never thought that the Puss in boots from the Shrek franchise would be interesting enough to have his own movie... but i was wrong.
    It's a fun movie to watch and i even could see a sequel of this.

• Panta Oz

★★ Added by Panta Oz

Watching the Shrek films I always liked the character of the Puss in Boots the best... and when this 3D came out I thought my wish to have a movie about the "legendary swordsman Puss in Boots" came true! What a dissapointment! This Puss in Boots version, seductively voiced by Antonio Banderas, was just an annoying milk licking character involved in jumbled versions of nursery rhymes and children stories with such poor screenplay that I hardly managed to keep my…

• Ryster

★★★ Watched by Ryster 08 Jan, 2015

Here's the thing with Puss in Boots, it features a fan favourite character from the Shrek series and they've gave him his own film. I didn't expect that Puss would be able to carry a film of his own and that's why I had been holding it off until now. It was actually very surprising, it was better than Shrek the Third and Shrek Forever After anyway. It feels like it's just a big version of one of the tales…

• karl67

Rewatched by karl67 03 Jan, 2015

The adventures of Puss in Boots, have to admit it is funny and i am actually enjoying it, if only my cat has as much life as Puss..