• SJHoneywell

★★★½ Added by SJHoneywell

A spin-off from Shrek,
    Puss deserved better than this.
    So much potential.

• Joshua LF

★★½ Watched by Joshua LF 11 Nov, 2015

After becoming one of the most popular characters in the Shrek franchise (and supplying two of a total three laughs in Shrek 2), Puss in Boots would go on to have his own feature film named after him. The 2011 spin-off was originally planned as a direct-to-DVD endeavor, though Dreamworks decided that the character was popular enough to thrust into theaters, and they were proved correct when the film grossed over 550 million dollars. Puss in Boots is helmed by…

• A. Paulo Ferreira

★★½ Watched by A. Paulo Ferreira 08 Nov, 2015

Epá... visualmente bem trabalhado mas com uma história que não me parece ter sido a melhor direcção a dar ao mitico gato das botas.
    É o argumento com uma ideia pouco natural, confesso que esperava ver um épico de aventuras ao estilo D'Artagnan e o que encontramos é uma fantasia a tender para uma mistura de contos de fadas estapafúrdios que não ligam bem com este gato.
    Tecnicamente está bem feito, é divertido, tem momentos de humor e está ao…

• Dave Holmes

★★★★★ Added by Dave Holmes

Made me actually like cats. It's that good.

• MovieBiz

★★★★ Added by MovieBiz

Another Sherk movie I thought but when I heard it was about puss in boots I said HELL YEA! My favorite character getting a spin-off yes please. Ok this movie is great and had an incredible story with fantastic voice jobs!

• strangebill

★★★ Watched by strangebill 24 Sep, 2015

This was a good amount of silly fun. The story was disappointingly predictable considering how Shrek is known for subverting these kind of tropes.

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 28 Dec, 2013

The events leading up to the sword fighting cat's meeting with Shrek and his friends.
    Enjoyable side trip to the Shrek series has its moments, but nothing really special.

• Alan Castree

★★★½ Rewatched by Alan Castree 20 Sep, 2015

I think you have to be a cat person to enjoy this.

• RaulCantuN

★★★ Added by RaulCantuN

A cool family film with great voice acting and story, but the twists are not only so stupid and idiotic, but predictable. Plus there is no real villan in it. Silver Medal

• Ana Rita

★★½ Added by Ana Rita

Nice movie! It was funny but Shrek beats this.

• Paul Boyne

★★★ Rewatched by Paul Boyne 11 Aug, 2015

It’s an origin story. If there’s one thing that fifteen-plus years of Hollywood franchises have taught us, it’s that no matter how uninteresting the origin stories of beloved characters happen to be, the studios will continue feeding them to us. And Puss in Boots was very much beloved. A secondary character introduced in Shrek 2, the swashbuckling tabby cat was voiced by Antonio Banderas, who had already played Zorro in live action and so knew exactly what tone the role called for. He gives the character boundless charm, and cats are incredibly cute. This isn’t rocket science.

Full review here

• dellamore

★★ Watched by dellamore 17 Jul, 2015

Puss finds pussy to help an egg.