• Simon Smith

★★★ Watched by Simon Smith 12 Jul, 2014

Not as good as Shrek - Puss needs his chums to make him shine best. Lovely CGI, nice music and quite clever but clever is not always funny.
    Drinking Game: Humpty Dumpty looking slightly like a child catcher...
    Bottom Line: Purrfectly good enough, Shrek fans will enjoy but it wasn't quite as good as I wanted it to be.

• GiddyNGleeful

★★★½ Added by GiddyNGleeful

The story doesn't seem fit for such a swashbuckling character, but it's nice to see the cool cat in a starring role.

• PolackJoe

★★★½ Watched by PolackJoe 26 Jun, 2014

I've always been a fan of the Shrek franchise, mostly because the material was never focused solely on the children. While this spin-off movie doesn't really hit those pop-culture references, it does stick with mixing genres. Basically, this is Desperado in a fairy tale setting.

The action is well directed, the cats are cute, and Humpty Dumpty is one of the creepiest character designs I've ever seen. I actually prefer this to any of the Shrek films.

• PTA

★★★★★ Rewatched by PTA 20 Jun, 2014

One of the funniest and best animated cartoons that I have seen in a long time...my fifth time watching it already.

• Alan Castree

★★★★ Watched by Alan Castree 22 Jun, 2014

This movie was the only reason I made myself watch Shrek 2 and now I know that watching Shrek 2 was not necessary at all. This movie completely stands out on it's own and was much better than any of the Shrek movies.

Warning: Probably not as appealing to non-cat people.

• erikpolik

★★½ Added by erikpolik

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• TajLV

★★★½ Added by TajLV

Great animation, charismatic voice overs, folklorish characters … all this film needed was a better story. Ah, but $130 million in production budget doesn’t go as far as it used to. There are some truly funny scenes, and Humpty Dumpty is one of the more astounding characters I’ve seen in a while. Certainly worth watching, even if the plot goes round in a tight little circle.

• Declan

★★★½ Added by Declan

What's it about? Remember Puss in Boots from the Shrek films? Well, here we find out how he became such a legendary outlaw. It's a tale that involves Humpty Dumpty, Jack & Jill, a search for some magic beans, and an alluring cat burglar in the form of Kitty Softpaws.

Is it any good? A fast-paced, feline adventure, with some good gags at the expense of the Western genre and traditional fairy-tales. The voice talent of Antonio Banderas (Puss) and Salma…

• cineedo
  • David Topper

★★★½ Watched by David Topper 13 Apr, 2014

I don't exactly remember the Shrek films, but I remember enjoying them.
    Their riffs on popular fairy-tales and folklores stories was funny and nice. And who can forget Puss in Boots and his awesome Alien-spoofing debut in Shrek 2?

Puss in Boots is a spin-off from Shrek, showing Puss before he met Shrek in Shrek 2.

I was not really expecting much from this film, being a spin-off on a supporting character (as scene stealing as he was in the…

• Roghério Lhyma

★★★★ Watched by Roghério Lhyma 30 Mar, 2014

Divertido e envolvente. Gostei.

• memorian

★★★½ Added by memorian

This film was a lot better than that 3rd shrek film, that I still haven't been been able to finish watching.