• James Malley

★★★ Watched by James Malley 30 Aug, 2015

Much better than I expected, but at the end of the day it's just a cheesy and fun movie, nothing more.

• MovieBiz

★★★½ Rewatched by MovieBiz 30 Aug, 2015

I love this movie and although people don't like it I think it sends a good message!

• nrbeaton

★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 10 Jan, 2012

Great special effects but let down by an overly sappy storyline.

• Joey Katz

★★★ Watched by Joey Katz 27 Aug, 2015

If you like motion capture, you'll like this movie.

If you like shitty child actors that look scarily similar to Anakin Skywalker in Phantom Menace, you'll like this movie.

If you like Hugh Jackman doing a quasi-Texan accent for 10 minutes then dropping it for the rest of the film, you'll like this movie.

If you want a movie that doesn't have as much robot boxing as you hoped but what was shown was still pretty cool, you'll like this movie.

• Zodokai

★★★½ Rewatched by Zodokai 24 Aug, 2015

"I wanted you to fight for me. That's all I ever wanted."

This is one of those movies that sounds kind of ridiculous, but is unexpectedly good. The premise is a bit unusual and a lot of the story feels extremely familiar, but it's spun in a unique and entertaining fashion. Yes, it's about fighting robots but it's got a bit more of a punch to it than just that. Pun intended. So, check it out if you like a good underdog story with a hefty dose of metallic alloys.

• BennyWestside

★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

Hugh Jackman's Rocky meets Rock'em Sock'em Robots. And the results are actually pretty fun.

This is another one of those movies that I haven't seen since it was in theaters, and actually forgot that it existed until this very moment.

• Dave Holmes

★★★★ Added by Dave Holmes

It's tempting to label this "Robot Wars" meets Rocky", and I guess it follows the middle Rocky films utter convention to formula and cliche. But the Sly film I'd most compare this to it "Over the Top" - a very similar character-based father/son reconciliation story set against rural/industrial backdrops and physical confrontations. Yet "Real Steel" is better directed than "Over the Top", and a lot more interesting. For starters, an introductory scene features a robot vs BULL rumble. Awesome stuff.…

• Nathan Franks

★★★½ Added by Nathan Franks

Xbox 720.

• Minty

★★★½ Rewatched by Minty 07 Aug, 2015

While neither inventive nor astonishing, Real Steel is a great example of a solid movie that simply entertains its audience. It's about as predictable as they come, but there's something both insanely enjoyable and surprisingly heartfelt about Shawn Levy's action flick. Buoyed by an endearing lead turn from Hugh Jackman, its greatest strength is the chemistry between its down-on-his-luck protagonist and his creative son - played by breakout star Dakota Goyo. All in all, it's very difficult not to have fun with this film.

• Will

★★★ Watched by Will 25 Jan, 2015

Real Steel is an action movie containing not only boxing robots, Wolverine and good effects, but also a truly thought out plot that may not be too original in fairness but still a nice enough movie in any case. With high octane fights and acting not too bad to say this is made up with lots of CGI, The producers of this film really don't do a bad job in getting it all together and one of them executive producers…

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★★ Added by t2kickassjedi

Real Steel is a really fun sci-fi action film with a great concept and really cool fight scenes.

• alexbhades

★★ Watched by alexbhades 17 Sep, 2012

Mas que prescindible. Cogiendo la mayoría de clichés de Hollywood sobre cine familiar lo combinan con robots supongo que para que sea para todos los públicos (No es lo mismo arrancar el brazo de un robot, que el de un luchador).
    Ya lo sabia, aquí el único culpable soy yo, como no tendré películas que ver, quien me manda elegir esta.