• Aron Condorchoa

Added by Josh Needle

Love It!

• Relei

★★★★ Added by Relei

ROBOT FIGHTING?! What's more epic than that?

• Yuri90

★★½ Watched by Yuri90 04 Feb, 2016

Per carità non voglio mettete in dubbio la bontà del film (perché è un film con un certo spirito), ma abbiamo una trama fin troppo lineare e prevedibile (presa un pò anche da Rocky), pieno di forzature (ma queste gliele abboniamo visto come è stato impostato) e, soprattutto, i personaggi secondari sono delle macchiette stereotipate ed insignificanti. Alla fine è da vedere con gli occhi di un bambino che almeno può godersi gli scontri tra robot che, non saran molto particolari, ma almeno un minimo di spettacolarità la hanno. Insomma un film per famiglia...dubito voglia essere qualcosa di più

• Avey T

★★★½ Added by Avey T

fun nonsense

• Harvey Manfrenjensenden

★★★½ Added by Harvey Manfrenjensenden

Way better than expected. Plus, it has the late great James Rebhorn.

• Jon Gordon

★★★½ Watched by Jon Gordon 24 Jan, 2016

If this was part of the Rocky franchise, it would be the 3rd best in the series (it is basically Creed. With Robots,)

Sure, it's dumb, sentimental, inconsistent and the characters essentially make no sense in terms of their motives and shifting personalties. It's also incredibly lazy in signposting how we are meant to feel.

But those fights are great.

And I don't care. I really enjoyed watching this last night. I don't have to justify myself to anyone. So there!

• Keith Abt

★★½ Added by Keith Abt

An odd mix of cyber-ass kicking and sappy sentimentality, this family friendly sci-fi feature set in the near future stars Hugh Jackman as a down-on-his-luck "robot boxer" who bonds with his long-lost son over the course of one crazy summer on the World Robot Boxing League circuit.

The "rock'em sock'em robot" fight scenes are loads of fun to watch, even though the schmaltz threatens to overpower the proceedings from time to time.

Added bonus, Evangeline ("Lost") Lilly plays Jackman's girlfriend, and I'd almost forgotten how fiiiiine she is cuz it's been a while since I've seen her.

• Locke

★★★★ Rewatched by Locke 17 Jan, 2016

While it’s undeniable that Real Steel is a schmaltzy, corny and clichéd Rocky riff… only with robots and sadly set around your usual sort of annoying child actor you can't deny that Hugh Jackman literally gives his all to his performance as Charlie. Jackman is so damn good here, you’d have actively fight against the movie to not get swept up in his emotional tapestry, mostly unspoken and performed through his body and face instead. I never found myself rooting…

• Jake

½ Watched by Jake 03 Jan, 2016

Hugh Jackman should be ashamed of this piece of crap.

• Jake Sommers

★★ Added by Jake Sommers

• Adriii

★★★½ Watched by Adriii 10 Dec, 2015

Es la clásica historia de superación del underdog mezclada con la reconexión padre-hijo. A pesar de habitar lugares comunes, tiene un relato muy sólido, consecuente y, contra todo pronóstico, centrado en las emociones y relaciones en lugar de en las peleas. Y la integración digital de los robots es impresionante.