• Mareks Smilga

★★★★ Watched by Mareks Smilga 16 Nov, 2011

Tik labu izklaides filmu noteikti nebiju gaidījis. Labs apliecinājums tam, ka Transofmeru laikmetā var uzfilmēt sirsnīgu filmu par robotiem.

• Flo Lieb

★★★ Watched by Flo Lieb 24 Mar, 2015

Evangeline Lilly can cheer the hell out of anything.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Alright sci-fi action movie. Notable for having a few people I know, including my mom, as extras.

• Jonathan Paula

★★★★ Watched by Jonathan Paula 21 Jan, 2012

Rocky, with robots.

Ostensibly nothing more than a modern-day "Rocky" remake with 12-foot robots, this movie was released on October 7, 2011, and grossed almost $300 million dollars. Set in near future of 2020, Hugh Jackman stars alongside child-actor Dakota Goyo as a washed up old boxer from the heyday of the human-version of the sport.

With total carnage and destruction the only way to cull the blood-lust of boxing many spectators, the sport apparently evolved into a robot-affair, where…

• Luis Medina

★★★ Watched by Luis Medina 15 Mar, 2015

Robots figthing :D

• ProperCharlie

★★★ Watched by ProperCharlie 18 Mar, 2015

In retrospect, the premise of this movie is genius. The boxing scenes in boxing films are frequently ludicrous. Multiple concussion-drumming blows to the head, in a row, in slow motion. And again. Round after round. No human could survive.

So why not make the same boxing film, with the same story, the same action sequences, in the same slow-motion, with the same teeth flying with the same blows to the jaw, only this time do it with robots? Big CGI…

• Jack1704

★★★½ Rewatched by Jack1704 14 Mar, 2015

It's robots fighting each other...forget the father son bonding, you see robots beating the hard drives out of each other.

And quite frankly, if that doesn't hover ya bovver then nothing will.

Fight back

• karl67

★★★½ Rewatched by karl67 14 Mar, 2015

The robotic version of Rocky, still good clean entertainment.

• CorvetteZ06

★★★ Rewatched by CorvetteZ06 05 Mar, 2015

I have seen better and I have seen worse. Storyline is very predictable. Robot fighting scene are pretty good.

• The Film Avenger

★★★★ Added by The Film Avenger

The perfect combination of a heartfelt sports film (many illusions to "Rocky", in fact) and cool sci-fi elements. Like "Back to the Future", this film is a human relationship story that uses science fiction as a catalyst. It's really about the humans, who are worth rooting and caring for. The robots, while really cool, are merely tools (this is blatantly apparent during the final fight). I think that's why the "Transformers" films aren't very engaging emotionally - the roles of…

• Adam Bolden

★★★★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 07 Oct, 2011

I take back everything I've ever said about CG robot movies. Real Steel found a way to take a fake robot and make it exciting to watch. Sure, they did it with the same exact formula that we have seen a thousand times before, but it really works here.

Charlie (Hugh Jackman) is an ex-boxer in the not-too-distant-future working in the world of robot boxing. He's down on his luck when he ends up having to care for Max (Dakota…

• CT_Sexybeast

★½ Watched by CT_Sexybeast 28 Feb, 2015 5

Real Steel is possibly the most cliche-ridden film I've ever seen. I mean, it's cool and all, but good lord is it predictable. I'll give Hugh Jackman credit for trying, but not even his talent couldn't save this film. Imagine Rocky, but with even more cliches and annoying supporting characters. But overall, it's the lack of substance that really hinders Real Steel. It's got some cool fight scenes, but nothing else of value. I could suggest this as bottom-of-the-barrel entertainment, but even then I'd feel I'm doing a disservice. Really, just avoid this film. It's a generic as they come.