• Michael Kastner

★★ Watched by Michael Kastner 24 Apr, 2015

Hugh Jackman und die gut animierten Robokämpfe sind noch das beste an diesem Film. Das nervtötende Kind, die dummen Tanzeinlagen und die viel zu lange Laufzeit haben mich echt gestört.

• mook

★★★½ Rewatched by mook 10 Apr, 2015 1

This is a curious mix of Robot Wars and Rocky that maybe shouldn't work but it does, even on a second watch.

It's no suprise to see Robert Zemeckis and Stephen Spielberg listed in Producer roles as the sentimental Father/Son angle and the nostalgic vibe (despite being set in the near future) recall several of thier films.

A good yarn for all the family, I'd happily watch it again. 7/10.

• Agnis

★★ Watched by Agnis 13 Apr, 2015

It feel like it's written on top of a plot skeleton that is as typical as they come. No deviations whatsoever. Dialogue and acting isn't up to snuff. Essentially I think it's meant to be a kids movie.

• Jakub Flasz

★★½ Watched by Jakub Flasz 10 Apr, 2015

While watching "Real steel" I kept having these thoughts that every now and again Steven Spielberg (one of the executive producers) must have been wandering onto the set to make suggestions, because some of the ideas and character moments really smell like they were ghost-directed by him. The boy-and-his-robot theme, the father-and-son moments all look like they were lifted from a Spielberg movie that he never made.

The problem is that it was so easy to spot those genuinely good…

• Jena Navarro

★★★★½ Added by Jena Navarro

whahahaha

• claudeeea

★★½ Watched by claudeeea 06 Apr, 2015

Aw.

• shisinbin

Watched by shisinbin 14 Jan, 2012

Kids movie. 7.6 imdb rating ?!?

[from notes]

• onemarathon

★★★ Watched by onemarathon 05 Apr, 2015

Brainless and goofy and full of plot holes, Real Steel is actually a fun ride. The special effects are the highlight really.... those 'bots look like real metal constructions, not the CGI fabrications they really are.

The story is serviceable, torn from the pages of Rocky in most respects. The acting is nothing special, but I guess Jackman is fine. The kid actor is faced with delivering some pretty awful dialogue, though. I hate how screenwriters so often put the…

• Alexander Heff

★★★ Added by Alexander Heff

In the near future, robot boxing is a top sport. A struggling promoter feels he's found a champion in a discarded robot.

I was surprised by how much I liked this. As far as throw-away popcorn movies go, this is one of the best that I have seen in years. I wish I had this movie during my childhood.

• Jake Lawson

★★½ Added by Jake Lawson

Weirdly sweet, manipulative, and effective.

• Mareks Smilga

★★★★ Watched by Mareks Smilga 16 Nov, 2011

Tik labu izklaides filmu noteikti nebiju gaidījis. Labs apliecinājums tam, ka Transofmeru laikmetā var uzfilmēt sirsnīgu filmu par robotiem.

• Flo Lieb

★★★ Watched by Flo Lieb 24 Mar, 2015

Evangeline Lilly can cheer the hell out of anything.