• alexbhades

★★ Watched by alexbhades 17 Sep, 2012

Mas que prescindible. Cogiendo la mayoría de clichés de Hollywood sobre cine familiar lo combinan con robots supongo que para que sea para todos los públicos (No es lo mismo arrancar el brazo de un robot, que el de un luchador).
    Ya lo sabia, aquí el único culpable soy yo, como no tendré películas que ver, quien me manda elegir esta.

• Kleber

★★★★ Rewatched by Kleber 21 Jul, 2015

A sequência tem que acontecer.

• ericf129

★★★★½ Added by ericf129

我很喜歡~~

• AntManBee

★★★½ Rewatched by AntManBee 25 Jan, 2015

It's one of those films which tends to be looked-down-upon, but I must admit, I do enjoy this one. Yes, the story is totally predictable. Yes, the script is cliche-ridden to fuckery. And yes, the kid actor is a bit of an irritating spod. Despite all of this, I still like it.
    I mean, look - it's robots fighting (TRANSFORMERS can fuck off.); divest yourself of your cape and monocle, put that fucking snobbery to one side, park your brain and just enjoy this for the harmless Sunday afternoon distraction that it is.
    Punch the air with me, damn you!!

• SammyBronkowitz

★★½ Watched by SammyBronkowitz 29 Sep, 2012

This one wins the award for the least misleading trailer ever. It's exactly what you think it is: A cheesy father/son sports drama with a useless, but seriously cool SciFi gimmick. It's watchable, but apart from the boxing matches, it has no redeeming qualities.

• Brent Joseph Cruz

★★½ Watched by Brent Joseph Cruz 08 Jul, 2015

Real Steel was a fun concept
    Robots boxing instead of people. The new age of sports it doesn't get any cooler than that but is it really worth it?
    Technology replacing us in the sports which humans invented for competition for ourselves.

It's about a non-caring father who only thinks about bot fighting,money and himself, he gets a message that his ex girlfriend died and left the son without him. The child is about to get custody by his rich…

• Connor Lightbody

★★★½ Rewatched by Connor Lightbody 30 Jun, 2015

How is this good? Everything about it's premise screams cringe, but it works. It's got a heart of gold to it and as cliche and silly and stupid as it is, it's ridiculously entertaining and I kinda love it. It's a win in my book. Go ATOM!!

• Joe Hastings

★★★½ Watched by Joe Hastings 11 Jun, 2015

Where's Michael Buffer?

When I first saw the trailer, I laughed until I couldn't breathe. Everyone and their mother will make a comparison to rock em sock em robots after watching the previews. However, I thought of the anime called Medabots almost immediately. I was looking for something lighthearted or fun, so I picked this one out of the library in the hopes that it would be one of the two. Sure, there were some predictable moments here, but I…

• David Eduardo

★★½ Rewatched by David Eduardo 07 Jun, 2015

Para mi lista de "niños odiosos".

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 08 Jun, 2015 2

Shaun Levy has had more commercial success than his films possibly deserve. Aside from the Night At The Museum movies and The Rocker (which I actually liked) his filmography has more turds on it than Nelson's Column. He does however know how to shoot a decent array of special effects which feature heavily in this science fiction sports drama starring Hugh Jackman.
    Real Steel is Rocky with robots. In a nutshell, that's the crux of the plot here as mechanized…

• Travis Wagner

★★★ Watched by Travis Wagner 06 Jun, 2015

I am often a fan of weird variations to any respective genre, however, I do not wonder if this would not have worked better purely as a boxing film.

• Rob Schultz

★★ Watched by Rob Schultz 31 May, 2015

Reminded me a lot of OVER THE TOP. I think I was less upset with Hugh Jackman for selling his child than I was for losing a supposedly important fight in a dumb way. If the sport of Roboxing makes sense, I'm pretty sure the explanation of why was cut for time. Why would you punch a robot in the head? Why would a robot block with his hands, which are more valuable than his head? How is a robot…