• mook

★★★ Watched by mook 25 Oct, 2014

I thought I knew what to expect from this; a regular boxing movie but with robots.

So knowing that Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis were involved behind the scenes, after seeing their names in the opening credits, I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was by the nostalgic approach the film took, and the sweet father & son story.

The premise may be a bit silly and the plot mostly predictable, but this unexpected angle turns it into a very enjoyable Robot Rocky for kids. 6/10.

• Preyesh Sankarparsad

★★★½ Rewatched by Preyesh Sankarparsad 22 Oct, 2014

When this movie was initially announced, the word was that it was going to be a Rock'em Sock'em Robots feature length film... How in the heck was that ever going to work?!!! But then again, this was a period when almost anything was getting the movie treatment, and Hasbro was making an attempt to push any of their toy brands into the Hollywood arena. With the popularity of the Transformers franchise, the not as popular G.I. Joe franchise, and Battleship…

• ninifish

★★★★½ Added by ninifish

鋼鐵擂台 Real Steel

打擂臺時很熱血,沒打擂台時父子之間的對話很有趣~^O^
    那個兒子跟機器人一起跳舞時好可愛唷~~他以後一定會紅~~
    休傑克曼好帥 >///<</p>

• Diego Fontes

★★½ Rewatched by Diego Fontes 12 Oct, 2014

Bom drama inserido na história. Vale o play pela atuação do garoto (Dakota Goyo).

• iliana dd

★★★★ Added by iliana dd

Για μένα Hugh είσαι 4στερο! Προσωπικά την έχω δει αρκετές φορές. Την βρίσκω πολύ "ελπιδοφόρα" την όλη φάση.

• kaila Starr

★★½ Watched by kaila Starr 26 Sep, 2014

Another night in Prague . This was not a shitty as I was expecting.... but still....

• effectively0

★★★ Added by effectively0

6/10
    Why does this even exist?

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

While never trying to be anything more than it is expected to be, Real Steel still delivers an emotional punch to be memorable.

• John Connor

★★★ Watched by John Connor 06 Oct, 2011

While a lot about Real Steel is pretty rote Hollywood fare, there are moments that punch through the wholesome, unthreatening vibe ... namely, Jackman is actually presented as a terrible father, who's mean to his kid. Yes, he comes good by the end, of course he does, but the film goes a lot further than would customarily be considered 'safe.' Other points of interest: the fight scenes are well-orchestrated (soooo rare in U.S. movies these days), and the kid isn't (quite) as annoying as the trailer made him seem.

• KMOKLER

★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

I loved this film well it was in my top 10 of 2011 and it was the most underatted of 2011 to just pure fun.

• Dukefrukem

★★★ Watched by Dukefrukem 30 Aug, 2014

I'm a sucker for this kinda father-son-relationship movie.
    I thought this worked great as a sports movie; the conflict is the only thing I was annoyed about. "I can't, I can't..." What?, you can't pretend to fight like a boxer again in front of a stadium full of people? Yes you can.

• Brett

★★★ Rewatched by Brett 29 Aug, 2014

No complaints about being paid to watch this again at work, it's a pretty entertaining film.