• Carlos Riquelme

★★★½ Rewatched by Carlos Riquelme 11 Feb, 2015

Ciencia ficción popular y populista que sin embargo entretiene montones gracias a su buen ritmo y a la corriente emocional que acompaña a la trama.

• Christopher Sorgiovanni

★★★½ Rewatched by Christopher Sorgiovanni 21 Feb, 2015

I liked this a LOT more the second time around; I was way more forgiving of the opening scenes.

Cheese and all, this is a super fun sports film with awesome special effects. And as per usual, Hugh Jackman gives it his all.

• Si Sharp

★★★★ Rewatched by Si Sharp 11 Feb, 2015

Brilliantly executed sports movie with extra cheese and a side order of robots. I really enjoyed of this movie and every last tear that it sucked out of my sentimental old man head.

A cynical world needs a movie like this. Like a well written pop song- derivative, lightweight but undeniably catchy.

• George Machin

★★★★½ Rewatched by George Machin 09 Feb, 2015

When I first saw Real Steel I had little to no expectation that it would be anything other than mediocre to average, no where near insultingly bad but definitely a "watch once and forget about immediately after" family film. The fact that I have returned to watch it again gives the game away about what I actually found Real Steel to be. A smart, touching, well acted, fun and inspirational film that appeals to both my inner child and sentimental grown up.

• Luke Noel-Storr

★★★★½ Rewatched by Luke Noel-Storr 07 Feb, 2015

The bot fighting and Baymax training sequence from Big Hero 6 both reminded me of this film, and so we decided to watch it with our kids for the first time (girls, age 6 and 8).

Whilst they said it was boring to start with (especially the youngest - who I think proclaimed "worst film ever" at one point), they were both absolutely loving it by the end. Also, they demanded a break to go and play in the middle,…

• thori

★★★ Rewatched by thori 06 Feb, 2015

Netter Familienfilm mit guten Effekten.

• Christopher

★★★½ Rewatched by Christopher 04 Feb, 2015

A really good film. Robots smashing each other apart, and a nice little story to boot. Hugh Jackman's character was pretty awesome and it was nice to watch this film again in full. Definitely check it out.

• Mart Raun

★★½ Watched by Mart Raun 03 Feb, 2015 3

This Richard Matheson adaptation plays out like another sequel to Rocky.

Its basically Rocky VII: Rocky 'Em Sock ' Em Robots.

• Mike Murphy

★★★★ Rewatched by Mike Murphy 01 Feb, 2015

It's like Rocky, only with robots.

• wbmalone

★★½ Watched by wbmalone 27 Jan, 2015

There was a good film in there somewhere but it lost the fight to get out.

• lobohombreriera

★★★ Added by lobohombreriera

Hay en esta película un subtexto acerca de los videojuegos como tema y el paso de generación de una vertiente lúdica a otra, y es un ángulo interesante aunque es posible que me lo esté inventando. Lo que sí es cierto es que me pareció sorprendentemente entretenida, y aunque no tiene ninguna sorpresa o giro narrativo en su argumento, el carisma de Hugh Jackman es innegable, el niño protagonista no da vergüenza ajena, y las peleas de robots son espectaculares, mucho mejor rodadas y con más personalidad que cualquier entrega de "Transformers". Esta versión robótica de "Rocky" me gustó sin duda.

• James Thompson

★★★½ Rewatched by James Thompson 25 Jan, 2015

Jackman and Levy have fun, the robots look great and Evangeline Lilly looks hot - bonafied winner