• loise

★★★½ Watched by loise 28 Mar, 2016

me when im not watching this: eminem who?
    me when im watching this: LIVIN LIFE IN THE FAST LANE MOVIN AT THE SPEED OF LIFE AND I CANT SLOW DOWN

• Killian

★★★½ Watched by Killian 29 Apr, 2016

Hugh Jackman, father of the year

• bones

★★★½ Rewatched by bones 27 Apr, 2016

This has huge heart. And well, Hugh Jackman, so what's not to love?

• Nick

Added by Nick

One of my friends told me to watch this... I would not have seen it on my own. At least Jackman looks like he's having fun in this Rock-m Sock-m robots movie.

• Alice Bishop

★★ Watched by Alice Bishop 22 Apr, 2016 7

Real Steel is part of an awful trend of post-Transformers movies that appeal to a kind of immature adult audience who couldn’t care less when something is a lame underdog story wrapped up in a flashy package. The unnatural and forced script is far from the only cringey element. From Hugh Jackman’s manic shadow boxing to the swelling musical score, the film is as lazy as it is predictable.

I will give some credit for the robot dance sequences as…

• kombat31

★★ Watched by kombat31 09 Apr, 2016

Meh

• Mr. Knoll

★★★ Added by Mr. Knoll

I don't know about the "real" part, but there sure is plenty of steel in this movie. And, okay, maybe a little bit of real too. Most importantly, there is Hugh Jackman, and the movie knows full well what that entails. After all, who doesn't like Hugh Jackman?!

(Hint: the answer is "me while I was watching Les Misérables.")

• filibustier

★★★ Watched by filibustier 09 Apr, 2016

Real Steel is both predictable and manipulative, and that shameless combination works just fine for me apparently.

• Ramon Paolo Alfar

★★★½ Rewatched by Ramon Paolo Alfar 06 Apr, 2016

Hugh Jackman branches out from his Wolverine persona to play out a boxer-turned-coach for robot boxing in the near future. On the plus side, the performances are out from the average robot movie, from the motion-capture effort of the robots and Hugh Jackman's sly but empathetic performance. Just the perfect combination for an underdog robot story.

• LeFabien

★★★★★ Added by LeFabien

Boxende Roboter, sowas kann man sich einfach nicht entgehen lassen.

• Greg Tyrrell

★★★ Added by Greg Tyrrell

Real Steel is predictable and full of cliches and conveniences, and it loses steam in the last 20 minutes. But for what it is, it's fun entertainment, and Hugh Jackman and Dakota Goyo make an appealing father-son duo.

• sonicboylee

★★★★½ Rewatched by sonicboylee 29 Mar, 2016

Still brought a tear to my eye 3rd time round (especially laid watching with 6YO son)