• Scott Johnson

★★★★ Watched by Scott Johnson 17 Dec, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Chris Van Oliver

★★★½ Added by Chris Van Oliver

Schöne Vater-Sohn- Beziehung und toller Kinderdarsteller.

• joelhwa

★★★★½ Watched by joelhwa 23 Oct, 2011

9/10: Touching and inspiring drama with stunning yet not overdone action scenes! Also an emotional roller-coaster ride where you will cheer, cry, and laugh! Really mesmerizing stuff! This movie reminds me of Iron Giant (1999) though. Definitely one of the best 2011 movie so far!

• ChasingTheDawn

It's fun.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

First dictated 2011

My review -- this film is now at your local cinema, I didn't know what to expect from this film, it looks really good and it is. But however the storyline is revealed to [the viewer] really quickly like roughly about 25 minutes into the film, it isn't a subtle hint either, it basically says to [ the viewer] I am the storyline here I am, love me. Now if you can forget the storyline and enjoy…

• Nick

★★★½ Added by Nick

A surprisingly well-written piece of family fun. The action is of course great but the real focus comes from the wonderfully developed relationship between Hugh Jackman and Dakota Goyo. The kid is charming as hell and the way Hugh Jackman's character transforms over the course of the movie is deeply heartwarming.

• ShadetreeDad

★★½ Watched by ShadetreeDad 24 Nov, 2012

This movie is like a Saturday morning cartoon crossed with "Free Willy". Decent acting but what for?......

• Max Martinez

★★★½ Added by Max Martinez

It took me a while to see this movie. It isn't the greatest but that doesn't mean it isn't good. Real Steel is a film that I would have loved to see in theaters, I really like the boxing sequences in the film, even though it is robots fighting you really feel the same way as if you were watching two humans going at it. Story wise the film is kinda of lacking, it puts in a lot of cliched…

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Real Steel

Real Steel is directed by Shawn Levy. A fine entertainer. It does not let viewers down with its pace of duration. Films like this should be watched for just an entertainment - when there is lack of nothing else to watch.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 06 Jan, 2012

Transformers meets Rocky never had any right to be as enjoyable as this, but Shawn Levy and his cast have pulled it off. A feel good movie in every sense of the word (corniness included) adorned with great special effects that bring the fighting robots to vivid life. Jackman is good, but spirited Goyo is sweeping. If only the final act wasn't so much like it's inspiration.

• MathijsPluijmen

★★½ Watched by MathijsPluijmen 25 Oct, 2014

Was okay, I liked the robots. I didn't like the kid. I don't like it when kids play a big role or main role in movies, then these kids get a little success somehow in whatever they do, and then they start acting like little god snot nosed know-it-alls superstars. Sorry, but I just find that very annoying.