• Porkins
  • Parker

★★½ Watched by Parker 12 Feb, 2016 4

Surprisingly modern film making is on display here, but modern day pop culture has taught me that a young rebel telling bullies he'll agree to whatever dangerous prank they want him to do because they called him "chicken" is a punchline. And it's played in this movie with the utmost seriousness.

And then there's the scene where James Dean screams to the heavens, "You're tearing me apart!!" like he's Tommy Wiseau and I just can't really take this seriously.

• Mário Guimarães

★★★★★ Added by Mário Guimarães

1 filme, 23523582395823048 referências.

• jto111

★★★★★ Added by jto111

An iconic and stunning melodrama. A film that remains timeless, brilliantly capturing teenage angst. Nicholas Ray's best film.

• Eric Barroso

★★★½ Rewatched by Eric Barroso 06 Feb, 2016

Let's be clear: I love Nicholas Ray more than my own mother. I just hate teen movies.

• enterthehaven

★★★★★ Added by enterthehaven

Such a simplistic yet powerful and relatable film.

• Jack

★★★★★ Watched by Jack 04 Feb, 2016

"Hey, you forgot to wind your sundial!"

• Brian Koukol

★★½ Watched by Brian Koukol 01 Feb, 2016 2

The party pooper is here! That's right, I didn't think REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE was very good at all. The title is aces, of course, but the rest is an overacted, melodramatic mess. James Dean's dad is a shrinking violet, prone to doing housework in an apron and kowtowing to his wife. All James Dean really wants is for his dad to punch his mom in the face and start pissing on the furniture. But he won't, so boo-hoo. Natalie…

• Flickers in Time

★★★★ Rewatched by Flickers in Time 31 Jan, 2016

It was James Dean’s year and this was the most iconic of the few roles he played.

flickersintime.com/1001-movies-you-must-see-before-you-die/rebel-without-a-cause-1955/

• Jordan Paolillo

★★★★ Watched by Jordan Paolillo 27 Jan, 2016

Hollywood 50's Fonz!
    A story that relates to so many around the world, and those fortunate enough to go see it are graced upon by the power of this film. A rebellious but troubled teen moves into a new neighbourhood in search of a better life but entangles himself in a path of violence and anger. 'Rebel Without a Cause' is surprisingly tension filled with scenes that had me glued to the screen and characters that are so relatable. The…

• Justin Jagoe

★★★★½ Watched by Justin Jagoe 24 Jan, 2016

James Dean might have been the heartbreaker, but even he can't break hearts the way Sal Mineo broke my heart.

• Sachin Dharwadker

★★★★ Watched by Sachin Dharwadker 20 Jan, 2016

Dated and cartoonish in many ways, but the underlying emotional current remains timeless. James Dean and Natalie Wood have incendiary chemistry here, even when the film slips.