• Matthew Harris

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Harris 22 Nov, 2015

Second James Dean movie this weekend.

This film brings with it a lot more hype and expectation than East of Eden and in my opinion doesn't quite live up to it.

• Ted Cahn

Watched by Ted Cahn 19 Nov, 2015

Youre tearing me apart.

• Ignacio Miranda

Watched by Ignacio Miranda 21 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The whole movie is a BIG WTF NONSENSE MAXIMUS
    Seriously who wrote this? is this a classic for real? i dont know how many times i thought "the fuck? what was that? that really happened?" while watching this piece of nonsense gold.
    I dont know where to start, it is just baffles me how this can be more than a 3 star movie for some people.
    Jim (James Dean) act like a 12 years old and so fake but sometimes…

• John_Lehtonen

★★★★★ Rewatched by John_Lehtonen 16 Nov, 2015 1

Came out of this viewing feeling as if my atoms had been rearranged; a legit clouds parting, Paul on the road to Damascus, viewing of the year moment.

an entire precious emotional universe in the bushes, two lovers clutching each other desperately; giant voids, the LA basin, the cliffs and sea, Dean and Mineo staring up at an artificial night sky.

"This is the edge..."

• Steen

★★½ Watched by Steen 26 Sep, 2015 3

I am sorry, but I just don’t get it!

I know that Rebel Without a Cause might be the original teen / high school movie; and I guess that many of the clichés in these types of movies originate from here, and therefore they cannot be considered clichés here. But to me this was exactly how the film felt, like a one giant cliché. And when the film wasn’t clichéd, it was just plain weird.

On top of that, the…

• Sam Shepherd

★★★★ Watched by Sam Shepherd 18 Nov, 2015

Thoughts That Passed Through My Mind While Watching This Movie

1. James Dean is so cute
    2. James Dean is really angsty
    3. Woah, James Dean is REALLY angsty
    4. But he's still cute
    5. I wonder what would happen if a zebra and a horse had sex. I mean, think about it. A horse and a donkey can have sex and produce a mule, so why can't a zebra and a horse have sex?
    6. Shit. Now I'm thinking…

• Matt Brosey

★★★ Watched by Matt Brosey 11 Nov, 2015

This film has a typical love story plot line to it with some questionable acting at times. The ending was okay. Overall, a more of an ehh, type of film, I loved the cinemascope part and how things were aligned in some of the shots.

• Wen

★★★½ Added by Wen

I feel like James character needed to be more of a trouble maker to actually be called a rebel

• jellytoasted

★★★½ Added by jellytoasted

Film 6 of the 2015 Scavenger Hunt November Challenge!
    Task 17: A film featuring car racing!
    my november list.

so technically there isn’t a race in this, the kids called it a “chickie run.” it seems my memory of paula abdul’s rush rush is a little rusty. i’m counting it anyway. i never understood the appeal of james dean until i saw him wink at natalie wood, i literally swooned. this film had me feeling like a teenager again.

• Kane Wadsworth

★★★ Watched by Kane Wadsworth 04 Nov, 2015

Rebel Without a Cause, despite a variety of cliches is an engaging representation of a generation. It's an interesting and perceptive study of shifting family dynamics following World War 2. The relationship between Jim and is father and the contrast between the two epitomises this.

However the overall pacing was inconstant. The narrative struggles to stay on track and ultimately becomes convoluted by the third act. Thus the communication of its ideas becomes distorted. Additionally the melodramatic qualities failed to offer support, rather they only provided distinct banality.

• edulacerda

★★★★½ Rewatched by edulacerda 01 Nov, 2015

A temática niilista explorada num prenúncio dos anos que se seguiram. De brinde, James Dean e Natalie Wood.

• Robert

★★★½ Watched by Robert 29 Oct, 2015

From the most underrated director of all-time comes Rebel Without a Cause, starring the most overrated actor of all-time.

Rebel Without a Cause takes the additional steps, as far as acting is concerned, towards a more realistic approach to acting. No longer are the days of melodrama, Nicholas Ray professes. With the help of the "method" and an okay performance by James Dean, Rebel Without a Cause becomes an interesting and dramatic look at the coming-of-age film we've all come…