• Reego

★★★★★ Added by Reego

Such a wonderful film that any teenage boy over the age of 15 can relate to. I didnt realize that Dennis hopper was also in this. The lone wolf if all films and I love every second of it, I wasn't quite the fan of the obsession that Plato had for Jim, and when the relationship of Jim and Judy happened? I loved their chemistry immediately mostly cause of how similar their lives were at home.

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★★★ Watched by Viktor Prentovski 16 Apr, 2015

Part of Vprento’s Top 150 Movies of All-Time

My father recommended this to me a few years ago, but I finally watched it today after my best female friend said she loved it. It's rare when people my age watch movies older than 1990, so you can imagine my excitement when my friend mentioned a movie from the 1950s, a movie that has always been on top of my watchlist.

Rebel Without a Cause is a phenomenal movie depicting teenage…

• Alex A

★★★★★ Watched by Alex A 28 Mar, 2015 2

Rebel Without a Cause is effortlessly cool thanks to James Dean's excellent lead, smooth dialogue, pacing and relatable characters/story. The cinematography here seemed very ahead of its time, the first ten or so minutes in the police station was instantly absorbing and the climax was bittersweet, and fitting. Rebel Without a Cause is deliciously confident with itself and no doubt a film of its era with switchblades and greaser-like characters, but it's themes are timeless, it's style is unforgettable and it's structure is suave.

• Burt Miller

★★★★★ Rewatched by Burt Miller 30 Sep, 1955

I first watched this with my housekeeper Belle.
    Quite the Film I must say even though I had to sit with her in the colored section.

• Michael Ewins

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Ewins 23 Mar, 2015

Totally, madly, beautifully perfect.

• Luke Goodsell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Goodsell 04 Mar, 2015

No pop culture quotation, no irony, nothing resembling an urge to be cool—and it's still one of the greatest (the greatest?) teen movies ever made.

• Rida

★★★★★ Added by Rida 24

Rebel Without a Cause came along at just the right time for me. I was on the edge of seventeen, fresh off an emotional breakdown, that one undesired side-effect of first world privilege. I was unsure of what I wanted to do with my life and tortured by the realization that I was the only person responsible for myself. I had everything but still wanted something that wasn’t tangible or even describable.

The teenagers in Rebel Without a Cause were…

• Ann

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ann 01 Feb, 2015

Such a classic.

• haleybourgeois

★★★★★ Added by haleybourgeois

This movie lived up to all of the expectations i had Dean and Natalie were excellent sad that dean only lived to star in 3 movies

• Kartik Singh

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kartik Singh 05 May, 2012

Dialogue sounds just as crisp now as it must have then. Ray really captured the way these teenagers spoke and related to each other.

• Jordan McLaughlin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan McLaughlin 03 Jan, 2015

This film perplexed me for a long time and is one of my favorite films. I can only imagine the history that he would have made if he hadn't died so young.
    People have picked apart and analyzed this film, but it simply comes down to a film about teenage angst and disillusion on the state of society. James Dean and Natalie Wood deliver stellar performances, my favorites of their careers.
    This film, all these years later, still resonates with me on a deeper level than other films. It's a masterpiece

• David

★★★★★ Rewatched by David 08 Dec, 2014

So, Rebel Without a Cause is a masterpiece. I never realized how gorgeously shot it is. The colors are immaculate and the framing is beautiful. It's filled with such a fire and passion, and Dean's performance is magnificent. I don't think there's a better teen drama out there. The melodrama is rich, fiery and truly In-your-face. I think it says more with its passionate, statement-making drama than most do when they attempt calm, pensive insightfulness. Sometimes it takes some good 'ole emotional intensity. The beautiful colors, melodramatic music and wonderful performances sell this thing to no end. It's melodrama at its best and most iconic.