• haleybourgeois

★★★★★ Added by haleybourgeois

This movie lived up to all of the expectations i had Dean and Natalie were excellent sad that dean only lived to star in 3 movies

• Kartik Singh

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kartik Singh 05 May, 2012

Dialogue sounds just as crisp now as it must have then. Ray really captured the way these teenagers spoke and related to each other.

• Jordan McLaughlin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan McLaughlin 03 Jan, 2015

This film perplexed me for a long time and is one of my favorite films. I can only imagine the history that he would have made if he hadn't died so young.
    People have picked apart and analyzed this film, but it simply comes down to a film about teenage angst and disillusion on the state of society. James Dean and Natalie Wood deliver stellar performances, my favorites of their careers.
    This film, all these years later, still resonates with me on a deeper level than other films. It's a masterpiece

• David

★★★★★ Rewatched by David 08 Dec, 2014

So, Rebel Without a Cause is a masterpiece. I never realized how gorgeously shot it is. The colors are immaculate and the framing is beautiful. It's filled with such a fire and passion, and Dean's performance is magnificent. I don't think there's a better teen drama out there. The melodrama is rich, fiery and truly In-your-face. I think it says more with its passionate, statement-making drama than most do when they attempt calm, pensive insightfulness. Sometimes it takes some good 'ole emotional intensity. The beautiful colors, melodramatic music and wonderful performances sell this thing to no end. It's melodrama at its best and most iconic.

• StephenFurda

★★★★★ Watched by StephenFurda 02 Jul, 2011

I saw Rebel Without a Cause (1955) at my local arthouse. This was my second time seeing it. It was my first Nicholas Ray film a couple of summers ago; now, he's one of my favorite directors, so I was very excited to revisit this one. Honestly, this film kind of puzzles me. There's a lot of reasons why it shouldn't work, namely its 50's roots (I don't believe in "dated" as a form of criticism, but as far as…

• mdh

★★★★★ Watched by mdh 29 Nov, 2014

Too soon to adequately express how much I loved this film. Those beautiful, careful compositions will be imprinted on my brain for quite some time, and I don't even know that they'd be in my top five favorite things here (but they probably would). The three leads are mind-bogglingly great. Wonderfully evocative of both THE CATCHER IN THE RYE and BLUE VELVET.

• Erin Latimer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Erin Latimer 25 Sep, 2014

Magnificent. More powerful every time I watch it, especially the ending.

• LUCAS HAYNES

★★★★★ Watched by LUCAS HAYNES 16 Sep, 2014

For some reason this movie really broke me. Afterwards I had this impulsive feeling to listen to Abba music, but not owning any of their records, I had to settle for Supertramp 'Breakfast in America' which did the job alright. I started brewing some herbal teas, fighting off tears and then I started doing this weird thing where I held my nose and closed my eyes and vomited out the tea, which I proceeded to gargle in my mouth and…

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

Dean and Ray. That's all you need to know to watch this, if you haven't.

• Mike P

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mike P 19 Aug, 2014

At the Griffith Observatory there is a bust of James Dean with a melting face--complete with eyes so squinty and hollow they'll haunt your dreams--that I believed to be a gross misremembering of his climatic moments in this film.
    I was wrong.

• Noronen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Noronen 24 May, 2014

All of this works. It should not.

Sticks and stones, Jim. Sticks and stones...

• Peter deGraft-Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Peter deGraft-Johnson

**Originally posted at Screenjabber.com - dft.ba/-9u1L **

Rebel Without A Cause is the beginning of the petulant, rounded but empathetic and truly cinematic teenager. With more than 50 years of stellar reviews and deep analysis from all angles, there's not a left to be said about Rebel Without A Cause, save from that it's a perennial cult classic.

The iconic white shirted, red jacketed, blue jeaned Dean plays the troubled adolescent Jim Stark as he moves into a new neighbourhood…