• SamCricket

★★★★★ Added by SamCricket

A cigarette dangles from his lips and he dresses in red white and blue. Both the actor and the character are allready tired of everything. Older generations are crumbling away into oblivion, but one can't say to much for youth either. There are knives, cigarettes and stolen car races.
    He puts another cigarette between his lips, he calmly points out that there are a lot of switches. He kicks in an old potrait and runs away to an abandoned house.
    He made three movies and then crashed into eternity. James Dean is not only a legend - he is THE legend.

• Baz_the_film_guy

★★★★★ Watched by Baz_the_film_guy 27 Sep, 2015

A soul wrenching masterpiece. I gave myself 20 lashes for not seeing it sooner.

• Qauntiz Smitherman

★★★★★ Watched by Qauntiz Smitherman 08 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This movie is pretty much perfect on every level. This will be maybe my firs true breakdown of the elements of a great movie and how well they all worked. Breakdown stolen from Alex Gidley (forgive me sire)

The Script:
    Despite being such an old film, the writing is still impeccable and you can see how and why this movie and it's dialogue have stood the test of time.
    "You can wake up now, the universe has ended."…

• Rurik Baumrin

★★★★★ Watched by Rurik Baumrin 02 Aug, 2015

This is a real good fucking film. Beautiful cinemascope, catapulted James Dean to stardom, inspired Godard's outlook on cinema's potential and led to Breathless.

Favorite line:
    "Stand up son. And I'll stand up with you. I'll be as strong as you want me to be."

• Wooderson

★★★★★ Watched by Wooderson 27 Jul, 2015

Film #16 of the "Scavenger Hunt #1"
    Task #16

I want to be James Dean not because he is a culture icon but because he is dead. pls kill me.

I really like this movie though, James Dean really was an incredible talent. I think it captures the essence of youth really well. It's a product of it's time but that's not a bad thing.

• Harrison Mitchell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Harrison Mitchell 08 Jul, 2015

Still relevant and still powerful over fifty years later.

James Dean is the still the epitome of teenage rebellion and stand for all those that are young and misunderstood.

• Rodex

★★★★★ Added by Rodex

Clásico de clásicos. James inmortalizando la juventud, belleza y talento.

• Millie

★★★★★ Rewatched by Millie 31 May, 2015

Wunderbar tribute to Stewart Stern. I cried.

• Sadie

★★★★★ Added by Sadie

James Dean, what a heartthrob! This is his quintessential film that cemented his legendary status and rebellious image, as the title suggests.

• Rob Gonsalves

★★★★★ Added by Rob Gonsalves

Like Nicholas Ray's previous movie (Johnny Guitar), this influential, beloved misunderstood-youth classic is essentially a Freudian western, with switchblades replacing six-guns. Jim Stark (James Dean), the loner whose parents have have to move from town to town because he keeps getting in trouble, is like a weary gunslinger who just wants someplace peaceful to hitch his horse. But he can't, because "outlaws" persist in challenging him. (Significantly, the law is no help.) Jim's father (Jim Backus) is a milksop, his…

• taylorsvvift

★★★★★ Watched by taylorsvvift 13 May, 2015

Best movie tbh, james dean is so beautiful

• Matthew L. Brady

★★★★★ Watched by Matthew L. Brady 11 May, 2015

Jim Stark: "You're tearing me apart!"

Jim's Mother: "What?"

Jim Stark: "You say one thing, he says another, and everybody changes back again".

The story is about a teenager who leaves his old home town to start a new continues to rebel against the rules and conformities while falling in love with someone unlike him.

Since I'm a movie reviewer and in my past reviews I reviewed old classic movies just to add it to the watch collection. But I…