• Mário Guimarães

★★★★★ Added by Mário Guimarães

1 filme, 23523582395823048 referências.

• jto111

★★★★★ Added by jto111

An iconic and stunning melodrama. A film that remains timeless, brilliantly capturing teenage angst. Nicholas Ray's best film.

• enterthehaven

★★★★★ Added by enterthehaven

Such a simplistic yet powerful and relatable film.

• Jack

★★★★★ Watched by Jack 04 Feb, 2016

"Hey, you forgot to wind your sundial!"

• Thomas Wishloff

★★★★★ Watched by Thomas Wishloff 12 Jan, 2016

I should start a list on this site that consists of films with brilliant Earth tones that I should see a film print of some time, because holy quilts the colour brown in this film.

• Mark Herring

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mark Herring 01 Jan, 2016

Almost 60 years after its release, the exploration of teenagers it provides still holds up, even in our millennial world.

• Emily

★★★★★ Rewatched by Emily 06 Dec, 2015

The most beautiful and cynical movie about the evils of gender roles and fragile masculinity :-)

• Ollie_8

★★★★★ Added by Ollie_8

• plainsong

★★★★★ Added by plainsong

It's like Grease, except what lacks in musical numbers is made up entirely by the enigmatic beauty that is teenage angst.

I love coming of age/youth films, they're one of my favorite genres and when done right, they can really leave a tremendous lasting impression that sticks with you for weeks, and this is definitely one of those movies. James Dean is awkward, squirmy and looks like he's constantly in pain, but it's done so brilliantly, and works so well…

• SamCricket

★★★★★ Added by SamCricket

A cigarette dangles from his lips and he dresses in red white and blue. Both the actor and the character are allready tired of everything. Older generations are crumbling away into oblivion, but one can't say to much for youth either. There are knives, cigarettes and stolen car races.
    He puts another cigarette between his lips, he calmly points out that there are a lot of switches. He kicks in an old potrait and runs away to an abandoned house.
    He made three movies and then crashed into eternity. James Dean is not only a legend - he is THE legend.

• Baz_the_film_guy

★★★★★ Watched by Baz_the_film_guy 27 Sep, 2015

A soul wrenching masterpiece. I gave myself 20 lashes for not seeing it sooner.

• Qauntiz Smitherman

★★★★★ Watched by Qauntiz Smitherman 08 Aug, 2015

MILD SPOILERS!!!

This movie is pretty much perfect on every level. This will be maybe my firs true breakdown of the elements of a great movie and how well they all worked. Breakdown stolen from Alex Gidley (forgive me sire)

The Script:
    Despite being such an old film, the writing is still impeccable and you can see how and why this movie and it's dialogue have stood the test of time.
    "You can wake up now, the universe has ended."…