• Craig Duffy

★★★½ Watched by Craig Duffy 25 May, 2015

Nothing remarkable. Nothing too cinematic about it but absolutely functional. Also, absolutely heartbreaking. How close we were to a different world. This was one of those turning points where alternate dimension branch off from each other. If I were Jerry O'Connell I would slide there if I could.

• Robert Schneider

★★★ Watched by Robert Schneider 23 May, 2015

Movies about politics make me feel like a grown up.

• JaySalahi

★★★½ Rewatched by JaySalahi 16 Jun, 2010

B (86)

• Sam's Labyrinth

★★★★ Watched by Sam's Labyrinth 05 May, 2015

"Recount," "Game Change," "Too Big to Fail" ... HBO does an awesome job with these political dramatizations of real events.

• J. Matthew Lucas

★★★½ Watched by J. Matthew Lucas 08 Apr, 2015

Fun Fact: The only year out of my first 14 where I did not live in Florida was the year 2000, when my home state was even more of a laughing stock than usual. And since I was only 10 at the time, and much more concerned with Legos than politics, I have literally no memory of this soap opera. Therefore, if nothing else, I found this film informative in helping me get a sense what things were like at…

• Reece Leonard

★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

Although those not interested in the details of the voting process might find it a bit dry, the performances (Dern is excellent in her few scenes) and the intelligent script offer up a compelling look at the very likely victory for Al Gore that was unconstitutionally given to Bush by the Supreme Court thanks to gross partisanship, inacccurate voting procedures, and Republican voter fraud.

• chr1slavery

★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 11 Apr, 2012

Rating: C+

• Eduardo Gomes

★★★★ Added by Eduardo Gomes

"Recontagem" aborda um peculiar episódio na democracia norte-americana, no qual o sistema eleitoral se mostrou extremamente frágil, devido as margens insignificantes de diferença entre o então vice-presidente dos EUA Al Gore, candidato democrata à presidência e George W.Bush, candidato republicano.
    O interessante do roteiro é a construção dos personagens em meio ao cenário, defendendo seus ideais -mesmo sendo questionáveis- lutando principalmente por legitimidade no sistema. Chega a ser revoltante as artimanhas feitas em prol de impor a vitória de um…

• Bryan Colley

★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

Celebrating election day with an election movie, and man, elections are totally messed up. Of course, the problem with a docu-drama is it invests the audience emotionally in a way that just feels manipulative. The film is very one-sided (left-leaning of course), even if it happened exactly as depicted, because that's where the main characters are centered. A documentary would be better, but far fewer people would see it. The haters on IMDB are crying foul. Seems like they got Katherine Harris right though. What a ditz!

• Zac Thompson

★★★½ Watched by Zac Thompson 03 Jun, 2014

Laura Dern plays a great cartoon character. ...That was a real person? Jesus Christ.