• Sam's Labyrinth

★★★★ Watched by Sam's Labyrinth 05 May, 2015

"Recount," "Game Change," "Too Big to Fail" ... HBO does an awesome job with these political dramatizations of real events.

• J. Matthew Lucas

★★★½ Watched by J. Matthew Lucas 08 Apr, 2015

Fun Fact: The only year out of my first 14 where I did not live in Florida was the year 2000, when my home state was even more of a laughing stock than usual. And since I was only 10 at the time, and much more concerned with Legos than politics, I have literally no memory of this soap opera. Therefore, if nothing else, I found this film informative in helping me get a sense what things were like at…

• Reece Leonard

★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

Although those not interested in the details of the voting process might find it a bit dry, the performances (Dern is excellent in her few scenes) and the intelligent script offer up a compelling look at the very likely victory for Al Gore that was unconstitutionally given to Bush by the Supreme Court thanks to gross partisanship, inacccurate voting procedures, and Republican voter fraud.

• chr1slavery

★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 11 Apr, 2012

Rating: C+

• Eduardo Gomes

★★★★ Added by Eduardo Gomes

"Recontagem" aborda um peculiar episódio na democracia norte-americana, no qual o sistema eleitoral se mostrou extremamente frágil, devido as margens insignificantes de diferença entre o então vice-presidente dos EUA Al Gore, candidato democrata à presidência e George W.Bush, candidato republicano.
    O interessante do roteiro é a construção dos personagens em meio ao cenário, defendendo seus ideais -mesmo sendo questionáveis- lutando principalmente por legitimidade no sistema. Chega a ser revoltante as artimanhas feitas em prol de impor a vitória de um…

• Bryan Colley

★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

Celebrating election day with an election movie, and man, elections are totally messed up. Of course, the problem with a docu-drama is it invests the audience emotionally in a way that just feels manipulative. The film is very one-sided (left-leaning of course), even if it happened exactly as depicted, because that's where the main characters are centered. A documentary would be better, but far fewer people would see it. The haters on IMDB are crying foul. Seems like they got Katherine Harris right though. What a ditz!

• Zac Thompson

★★★½ Watched by Zac Thompson 03 Jun, 2014

Laura Dern plays a great cartoon character. ...That was a real person? Jesus Christ.

• TajLV

★★★ Added by TajLV

It was one of the darkest periods of U.S. political history, when Americans were kept waiting for weeks to learn the results of the 2000 Presidential Election. Only now, more than a decade later, is it possible to watch the balloting hijinks that took place in Florida without getting furious. All in all, I think director Jay Roach presented the saga well… how Al Gore’s election team fought George W. Bush’s team in Florida, only to lose after recounts, Supreme…

• NinjaDomoEsq

★★★ Watched by NinjaDomoEsq 25 May, 2014

Kevin Spacey is clearly in his political mindset in this one. It's a perfectly well crafted and interesting account of the Bush v Gore election. It does a very good job of explaining what was a terribly convoluted process and does so with a fantastic cast of actors. That said, it does seem to have a very left-leaning slant, which I found slightly tiresome and it also goes on just a bit too long.

• Elias Elias

★★★★ Added by Elias Elias

This kind of things really makes you think of all the wrong things in our world...