• Mynt Marsellus

★★★★ Rewatched by Mynt Marsellus 06 Jul, 2015

I really love this movie. Because I think that it rightly demonstrates that the American electoral system is a mess and that the systems of checks and balances on that electoral system only make it worse. I don't really fault any of the people involved with what happened. The ambiguity of the law allowed for multiple fair interpretations of the law which created a system that was bound to fail, as it has in many circumstances in America's history.

This film is, above all else, a repudiation of the electoral college. And that I can get behind.

• jdetrick

★★★½ Watched by jdetrick 14 Jun, 2015

I would suspect that one's enjoyment of this film may have much to do with one's politics, as I think this movie tends to skew somewhat to the left. It's not completely unsympathetic to one side, but it's certainly leaning in one direction. That being said, it's also a rather depressing look at the problems with our democracy and the horrible mess that both sides made of the 2000 presidential election. The take away is that politics trumped democracy and that's extremely disheartening.

• Craig Duffy

★★★½ Watched by Craig Duffy 25 May, 2015

Nothing remarkable. Nothing too cinematic about it but absolutely functional. Also, absolutely heartbreaking. How close we were to a different world. This was one of those turning points where alternate dimension branch off from each other. If I were Jerry O'Connell I would slide there if I could.

• Nymphomaniac Vol. XI

★★★ Watched by Nymphomaniac Vol. XI 23 May, 2015

Movies about politics make me feel like a grown up.

• JaySalahi

★★★½ Rewatched by JaySalahi 16 Jun, 2010

B (86)

• Sam's Labyrinth

★★★★ Watched by Sam's Labyrinth 05 May, 2015

"Recount," "Game Change," "Too Big to Fail" ... HBO does an awesome job with these political dramatizations of real events.

• J. Matthew Lucas

★★★½ Watched by J. Matthew Lucas 08 Apr, 2015

Fun Fact: The only year out of my first 14 where I did not live in Florida was the year 2000, when my home state was even more of a laughing stock than usual. And since I was only 10 at the time, and much more concerned with Legos than politics, I have literally no memory of this soap opera. Therefore, if nothing else, I found this film informative in helping me get a sense what things were like at…

• Reece Leonard

★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

Although those not interested in the details of the voting process might find it a bit dry, the performances (Dern is excellent in her few scenes) and the intelligent script offer up a compelling look at the very likely victory for Al Gore that was unconstitutionally given to Bush by the Supreme Court thanks to gross partisanship, inacccurate voting procedures, and Republican voter fraud.

• chr1slavery

★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 11 Apr, 2012

Rating: C+

• Eduardo Gomes

★★★★ Added by Eduardo Gomes

"Recontagem" aborda um peculiar episódio na democracia norte-americana, no qual o sistema eleitoral se mostrou extremamente frágil, devido as margens insignificantes de diferença entre o então vice-presidente dos EUA Al Gore, candidato democrata à presidência e George W.Bush, candidato republicano.
    O interessante do roteiro é a construção dos personagens em meio ao cenário, defendendo seus ideais -mesmo sendo questionáveis- lutando principalmente por legitimidade no sistema. Chega a ser revoltante as artimanhas feitas em prol de impor a vitória de um…