• JPC

★½ Watched by JPC 27 Oct, 2014

Robert E. Howard se suicidó en 1936 porque sabía que 50 años después Richard Fleischer rodaría una adaptación de Red Sonja.

• Alesia

★★★★½ Watched by Alesia 19 Jan, 2014

Fantastic fantasy adventure movie, I loved it! Nielsen may not be the greatest actress ever on screen, but she is Sonja, she just is. All the characters around her are lovable and courageous. This movie is more than just swordplay and horses, it's got romance, comedy, and beautiful sets too. Very enjoyable film.

• KMOKLER

Added by KMOKLER

Dull, bland, boring garbage.

• MatthewLB

Watched by MatthewLB 27 Aug, 2014

What a crappy movie. this movie fails to be epic or Bad-ass, the acting is one of the worst and the characters was forgettable in the movie. the visual effect's was bad everything about this movie was pretty Bad.

• Gwenllian

★★★ Rewatched by Gwenllian 10 Aug, 2014

As wretched and awful and silly as this one is, I grew up with this one and I love it so. Not too many ginger warrior women around even now, and Sonja's one of my original heroes.

• Dru J

Watched by Dru J 09 Aug, 2014

To be discussed on the August episode of 24 Panels Per Second. Please listen anyway.

www.24panelspersecond.com

• BilltheThrill

★★★ Watched by BilltheThrill 26 Jun, 2014

This is pretty much Conan pt III. Red Sonja is definitely a guilty pleasure for me considering I got mad love for the 80s fantasy genre, but it's probably not something I would recommend to anyone who doesn't share my love for such films.

• tafkaga

★★½ Added by tafkaga

Red Sonja (Brigitte Nielsen) and Kalidor (Arnold Schwarzeneggar) lead a ragtag outfit of infiltrators to stop the evil Queen Gedrin (Sandahl Bergman) from taking control of a talisman of immense power, and to avenge the murder of Sonja's family.

If you're just looking for some good sword-slinging action reminiscent of Conan, you won't be disappointed in this. We know what Arnold and Bergman are capable of from Conan the Barbarian, but the real surprise is Brigitte Nielsen who looks surprisingly…

• whitsbrain

★★ Added by whitsbrain

Lots of bad acting by Bridgette Nielsen and Arnold Schwarzenegger and the very annoying little Prince Tarn make this a tough movie to watch. The sets are interesting and the costumes are well done but the story is slight and the action scenes are nearly action less. This feels like a cheap "Conan" movie series rip-off and that's because it is.

• Chris Gelderd

★½ Added by Chris Gelderd

This Dutch-American sword and sorcery action film is by Richard Fleischer and stars newcomer Brigitte Nielsen alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sandahl Bergman and Ronald Lacey. This can also be seen as one of the first comic book movie adaptations, decades before ‘The Avengers’ brought Marvel to the big time, as Red Sonja was a character in the Marvel comics.

Red Sonja (Nielsen) is granted mystical strength to take revenge against evil Queen Gedren (Bergman) who murders Sonja’s family after she rejects…

• Phil

★★½ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Jan Tölva

★★½ Added by Jan Tölva

I know I should say this is a terrible film but I won't. Actually I enjoyed it pretty much. Of course, the plot is boring as hell and almost every scene is totally predictable but still this is one of very few fantasy movies with a strong woman warrior as a main character. This alone makes this an important movie in its genre. Also Schwarzenegger and Nielsen have a pretty good dynamic on screen and the sword fighting is not…