• Per Hasselström

Watched by Per Hasselström 06 Feb, 2016

The coolest collection of funny helmets I've ever seen in a movie!

• themissroya

★★★ Rewatched by themissroya 02 Feb, 2016

A 1930s style fantasy realm film made in the 1980s OR
    Unintentionally hilarious erotica at its campy best.
    You could watch this with an elderly relative and nobody's gonna get offended by the sexuality, but everyone knows it's there.
    Even the gore is pretty tame by today's standards.

The costumes are fantastic, the score is wonderful.

And no, that isnt Conan, but yeah, it's an easy mistake.

*watch this every year on my birthday; well, maybe "watch" isnt the right word. But it's certainly on in the background. <3

• KMOKLER

½ Added by KMOKLER

🕕🕡🕖🕢🕣🕘🕤🕙🕥🕚🕦 I pretty much spent the running time of this movie looking at my watch....

• andibgoode

★★★ Watched by andibgoode 22 Dec, 2015

Danilo Donati has got to be one of my favourite costume designers. His work here is at least 50%, if not more, of what makes this film worth watching.

The rest is that it's a fairly fun fantasy film , if a little flimsy. (Ha, unintentional alliteration!)

• Jarrett

Watched by Jarrett 18 Dec, 2015

The shits.

• Seqlitsch

★★ Watched by Seqlitsch 16 Nov, 2015

The titular character in Red Sonja is introduced as something of a medieval protofeminist, very adamant in her "I don't need a man" attitude (this will change over the course of the film—which is very briskly paced (meaning that it's short, not that it's enjoyable) and runs just shy of 90 minutes—because it's 1985 and you just can't have a female-led film without a male romantic interest).

However, as we are told in the first few minutes, the evil Queen…

• Adam Theeye Pittman

Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this dark/action/fantasy/action revenge/adventure film title is now on DVD and it is no surprise to me that this film title has a 50% financial loss to its name of roughly $9 million [keeping in mind the budget was $18 million roughly.] The basic storyline is this [the audience reads some wording on screen,] then we get more background details and then we bear witness to this attempt to destroy this powerful crystal, but something goes tragically wrong…

• Isaac von Schmitt

★★ Watched by Isaac von Schmitt 02 Sep, 2015

Oh man, if they got rid of the kid, and just had Red Sonja and Arnold Schwarzenegger killing things, this would have been a lot better. The kid and his father were so freaking annoying.

The locations were pretty neat and interesting, however, I don't think I'll be watching this again anytime soon.

• Mike Scholtz

★★ Watched by Mike Scholtz 16 Aug, 2015

Red Sonja wanders from one amazing location to another in search of acting lessons.

She never finds them.

• Emory Taylor

★★★½ Added by Emory Taylor

The destructive power of unrequited love and unharnessed passion. The sets are off the hook. The dinosaur bridge? gilded skeletons galore? yes please.

I prefer a pretty straightforward reading of this as actually quite feminist. It's not bad for the queen to be a lesbian, it's just really hard to forge a path through the patriarchy and impossible for her to find love undemocratically. Red Sonja isn't a great film, but it really revels in the scenes. I love schlock like this.

• Robert Lewis

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Lewis 13 Jul, 2015

1980's Fantasy Weekend continues.

• Steve G

★★★ Rewatched by Steve G 09 Jul, 2015 4

Red Sonja begged the question of what kind of bedside manner Arnold Schwarzenegger would have if he worked in an A & E department.

There are two incidents in this film that would lead me to think that I wouldn't want to be told that my sister was dead or dying by him. I don't have a sister, but bear with me.

So, Brigitte Nielsen is messing around with that annoying kid and Arnie just sidles up on his horse and…