• QRT

★★★★ Rewatched by QRT 24 Jan, 2015

Redline really doesn't have much in the way of a convincing or interesting story, but what it does have is an absolutely amazing visual style and a great soundtrack. The film is completely over the top and is such a fun experience.

• Hannah M

★½ Watched by Hannah M 21 Jan, 2015

My brother and I have had plenty of discussions over the years about my difficulty with anime, so he knew this one was going to be a hard sell. And... yeah, it was. For some reason I have trouble processing the visuals for anime, and these visuals are flashy and fast. My eyes *felt* tired when I finished this movie. I'm sure there were chunks of the movie that I just missed in one form or another because I could…

• TheGreatFaggles

★★★★ Added by TheGreatFaggles

Great Looking animation, great soundtrack, and one hell of an entertaining story.

• Roman Rangel

★★★★ Watched by Roman Rangel 12 Jan, 2015

Ya tenía un buen rato que no veía un anime y me dio gusto ver uno tan original y divertido como "Redline". La historia, enfocada en carreras interplanetarias con pilotos de otro mundo, casi es irrelevante ya que la cinta es tan hiperkinética y surreal que prácticamente se convierte en un viaje ácido. Dirigida por Takeshi Koike (de quien recuerdo el corto de "World Record" en el compendio animado de "The Animatrix"), "Redline" es entretenimiento visceral con un asombroso estilo visual. Para fans del anime es una cinta imperdible. Muy recomendable.

• cbutt09

★★★ Added by cbutt09

I had no idea what was going on but it looked pretty?

• hotsake

★★½ Added by hotsake

Boooorrrriiinnng!

• IncredibleJeff

★★★★ Watched by IncredibleJeff 18 Dec, 2014

Redline is something else.First things I have to compliment the animation and art style which carry the story from a pretty typical anime film.It's very stylish and it hammers you over the head with it.I would say it's one of the more stylish anime films I've seen. Madhouse does a great job with that.

The plot on the other hand isn't very exciting,and isn't anything new.I would say it's pretty close to Death Race 2000.None of that matters since this movie is pure eye candy,and a joy to watch.

• unipedal

★★★½ Watched by unipedal 15 Dec, 2014

As brilliant, intense, and mindblowing the animation is...one cannot help but feel a tinge of disappointment at what could have been. If you're gonna spend 7 years animating something like this, why not put some work into the script as well?

• Milos Munic

★★★★ Added by Milos Munic

Holy shit! I loved Wacky Races on cartoon network as a kid, but this, this is Wacky races Japanese style on cocaine and LSD. Beautiful animation and so much insane action and suspense. Great watch!

• George Pletz

★★★★ Watched by George Pletz 30 Oct, 2014

Feels like Mobieus and Jack Kirby did a far future death race 2000 Speed Racer mashup strained through the best anime. What it lacks in character depth, it makes up with spectacle and satire. That it builds to a frenzy at least twice really amazes. The pulsating techno soundtrack and vast vistas beg for a big screen and sound system.
    A bracing experience that if you like adult animation you should give a spin.

• Jeremy Medina

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeremy Medina 16 Oct, 2014

Yeah!

• AngryAssSloth

★★★★★ Watched by AngryAssSloth 20 Sep, 2014

Is it weird that I immediately recognized the voice actor for Frisbee in the english dub as Pacer from Fallout: New Vegas? I play a lot of Fallout: New Vegas.

This has got to be one of my favorite art styles in a anime. It fitted perfectly with the racing theme. The music was awesome. The HAIR was awesome.