• Kamilla Taiwhscki

★★★★★ Watched by Kamilla Taiwhscki 30 Jan, 2016

Essa porra é louca demais.

10/10

• Clint Worthington

★★★ Watched by Clint Worthington 12 Jan, 2016

Full episode coming soon.

I think my eyeballs are bleeding, but in kind of a good way. Smooth animation leading to sheer cinematic chaos, where the filmmakers put all their focus on the power of the individual image and objects in motion instead of giving a damn about you knowing what's going on. While most acclaimed anime films in the West are highly regarded because they DON'T do the oddball things most anime does, Redline seems acclaimed because it doubles down on those things. It is, to put it simply, the MOST anime.

• Tymikol

★★★ Watched by Tymikol 02 Jan, 2016 2

Absolutely every frame is gorgeous. I just found the middle to be a bit boring.

• De_fault

★★★★½ Watched by De_fault 02 Jan, 2016

imagine, a sci-fi world where all the characters act like they sprinkle amphetamines on their cereal every morning before a race. Combine that thought with a glorious visual style throughout the film. You've just imagined Redline.

• Jack R. Deso

★★★★ Watched by Jack R. Deso 29 Dec, 2015

While the film's claim to fame may be that it's a completely hand-drawn animation in the 21st century, don't think that the film is as simple as just a giant race. The film's undertones present a galaxy where most people are suffering under tyrannical rulers and gangsters. Our characters struggle to live through their harsh lives, and hope that Redline will be their ticket to happiness. That being said, the animation is downright gorgeous. Even if you are a sub-purist, I highly recommend that you watch this with the English dub (which isn't even bad) so you can take everything in without having to read subtitles.

• Eric Tatar

★★★★ Rewatched by Eric Tatar 08 Dec, 2015

Seeing contemporary animated films awkwardly incorporate CGI into their story due to budget and time constraints is always disappointing. The magical quality of hand animation, that ability to create a sense of movement which appears hyper-real, gets muddled by glossy polygons and jerky models. Redline is lucky enough to escape these failings thanks to its unique position of having a seven year development period which gave the film’s studio, Madhouse, the space needed to fully achieve its vision of a…

• Ridge

★★★★ Added by Ridge

I don't watch much anime, but this movie is beautiful and has a really interesting concept.

• doodlerman

★★★★½ Watched by doodlerman 19 Nov, 2015

Damn good fun.

• Ben Bauer

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Bauer 19 Nov, 2015

Redline isn't a movie. It's an amphetamine. Watching it is akin to having the skin, muscle, ligaments and cartilage tear off your face due to the sheer velocity of the visuals. It's a crazed tribute to the likes of Go Nagai, Jack Kirby and maybe even Brendan McCarthy. "Fury Road" for the anime crowd.

• Ryan Gray-McCoy

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan Gray-McCoy 08 Nov, 2015

This movie is absolutely insane.

• alexbhades

★★★½ Watched by alexbhades 29 Oct, 2015

Anime a lo bestia, que me ha recordado en algunos puntos a la incomparable "Akira".
    La he disfrutado a su ritmo, que no es poco.

• DgM0

Watched by DgM0 08 Oct, 2015

I'd firstly like to start by saying that Madhouse can do no wrong. The best thing about this film was no doubt the animation. The art style was very unique and lended itself very well to the fast paced nature of racing. The racing itself was also the most entertaining aspect of the whole film, hands down. I'd put it in the same category as Mad Max: Fury road in that the cars and action were front and centre while…