• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Online

• pepito pea

★★★★½ Watched by pepito pea 11 Apr, 2015

for many years, i have been a deep admirer of the beautiful, melancholic films of studio ghibli, but now i realize the one thing thing they've always lacked: LOTS OF FAST FUCKING DANGEROUS CARS.

• Popkorn

★★★★½ Rewatched by Popkorn 03 Apr, 2015

"All I know is I'm behind the wheel, so it's my party now."

Even though Redline is one of the most aesthetically pleasing animated movies there is, the world it depicts is grimy, run-down, and barely liveable. Before the big race almost the whole movie takes place in slums populated by sickly shopkeepers selling opened packs of cigarettes, bookies, and children swarming people on the street to ask for a handout.

It's evident that the universe of Redline is like…

• Jay Rosenkrantz

★★★★½ Added by Jay Rosenkrantz

7 years and 100,000 drawings = Speed Racer on acid. Pound for pound one of the most entertaining movies I have experienced. Visually stunning, crazy imaginative, makes you feel like you've snorted seven hundred tons of rocket fuel. I want to watch it again, I also want my own theme song. REDLIIIINE!

• Balzac

★★★★½ Added by Balzac

After watching this, I am no longer a person. I am now a giant, throbbing erection in the shape of a man.

• Carl Ingebretsen

★★★★ Watched by Carl Ingebretsen 25 Mar, 2015

This movie goes like a bullet, throwing fifteen different balls in the air while spinning around, doing an interpretive ballet and breakdance-performance while involved in a gunfight that happens in the middle of a kaiju outbreak and a love story, all while juggling the fifteen previously mentioned balls, pausing momentarily to throw them in your face one by one, and it always hits its target beautifully.

You have been warned.

• Justin Willis

★★★½ Watched by Justin Willis 14 Mar, 2015 2

Its a high-octane thrill ride. The plot is simple and predictable, but it works. The subplots work to create a believable Fast and Furious in space storyline. The characters are lovable and interesting. JP is a kid at heart while Sonoshee works hard to become the respected adult. But thats not why you watch Redline. You watch it cause it is the most technically impressive anime ever. Seriously, its the best looking animation thing I've ever seen. Overall, its fun and over the top movie.

• Michael Hill

★★★½ Watched by Michael Hill 13 Mar, 2015

That was fun.

• Paul Davey

★★★½ Watched by Paul Davey 13 Mar, 2015

100 minutes at intensity 11.

• Matt Lavender

★★★★½ Watched by Matt Lavender 07 Mar, 2015

Weird ass hyper active future racing anime, sort of Wacky Races meets F-Zero I gueeeess. The story is pretty basic, a bunch of weirdo racers are doing a big race on some hostile planet. Amazing art style and music. Every frame is packed with some insane shit. Lots of cool alien and machine designs. Some of the alien characters look like degenerate Ghibli creatures. Lots of goofy bullshit too but the action is great. There's basically no context for this…

• Jack 'ThatOneReviewer' Miller

★★★★ Watched by Jack 'ThatOneReviewer' Miller 19 Feb, 2015

Imagine F-Zero the movie had mad techno sex with Speed Racer on even more crack... REDLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a great sweating hump of crazy pace races, mix it with mindbendingly detailed animation. Add in some weird species and a simple gotta win plot. Oh and don't forget the SPACE BOOBS! and the bootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybooty.
    Throw in some phallic imagery and a plot relevant pompador and you've got yourself a hell of a film.

Summed Up: Put down the drugs and do some Redlines instead. It's way fucking better.

• Thaddeus

★★★★½ Watched by Thaddeus 28 Feb, 2015

Woohoo, this was friggin' awesome! A lot of movies are called "action-packed" or "a thrill ride" but man oh man does Redline earn those titles.

And the animation! Slick black lines with heavy shadows offset bright and shiny colors for a dynamite visual style. Detailed, varied, and imaginative aliens and mechs are everywhere, constantly moving and engaging you. Good ol' squash-and-stretch animation is pushed to its limits to give a ballistic sense of speed that pushes you back in your seat. A fantastic movie!