• DgM0

Watched by DgM0 08 Oct, 2015

I'd firstly like to start by saying that Madhouse can do no wrong. The best thing about this film was no doubt the animation. The art style was very unique and lended itself very well to the fast paced nature of racing. The racing itself was also the most entertaining aspect of the whole film, hands down. I'd put it in the same category as Mad Max: Fury road in that the cars and action were front and centre while…

• MrRockingRambo

★★★★★ Added by MrRockingRambo

Took more than seven years to animate and it was worth every secondt.
    The Looks and Animations are gorgeous, easily one of the best ever made, unbeaten in fluidity.
    The Story is rather basic, but sets up an interesting Universe with a wide range of crazy and insane characters.
    Who are nevertheless very sympathetic.
    This film gets the pulse pounding, a real adrenaline rush!

I can't recommend it enough!

If you are uncertain wether to watch it or not: watch the Trailer.
    The Trailer perfectly captures the feeling of the film without revealing too much.

• Evelyn Hielkema

★★★★ Added by Evelyn Hielkema

Nothing but pure adrenaline. Satisfying with that in mind.

• Anime Bro

★★★★ Added by Anime Bro

Redline, it took 7 years to make

• Daryl Purdie

★★★ Watched by Daryl Purdie 13 Aug, 2015

#Filmreview Redline ★★★ Japanese racing flick is short on story but long on cool high speed animation.Reminded me of Judge Dredd comic style

• Jamie

★★★★★ Watched by Jamie 15 Sep, 2015

Damn. That was awesome, even for anime which is always awesome. Watched it with the amazing English dub so I could fully devout my eyes to the animation. Watch with your speakers up!

• Tommy Gibbs

Added by Tommy Gibbs

Couldn't even watch this for more than an hour. Hate not seeing movies out till the end, but found the animation ugly and the story boring.

• Chris Krajci

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Krajci 31 Aug, 2015

Just when you think it can't get more insane it tops itself.

• Annie

★★★ Watched by Annie 24 Aug, 2015

that was a thing that happened

• Jeff_J

Watched by Jeff_J 08 Aug, 2015

___________________________________________________________
    Film #6 of the "Scavenger Hunt August 2015"
    Task #1. Film featuring Gambling

letterboxd.com/jeff_j/list/scavenger-hunt-august-2015/
    _____________________________________________

Thoughts:
    Since I was a teenager I have always found myself drawn to over the top super stylized crazy Japanese animation. I loved FLCL, Gurren Laggan, Dead Leaves, Mind Games, Genius Party, all that sort of stuff. The weirder and more visually over the top the better. So when I saw previews of Redline I immediately wanted to check it out, when it came…

• unclenugget

Watched by unclenugget 04 Aug, 2015

If you're one of those people that can't stand car movies or racing stuff (made after 1980 of course) don't be fooled. This isn't like sick car bro shit, it's more like a better animated "Heavy Metal" movie packed with scifi shit, violence and even some nudity. The art design and animation are fantastic and everything else is pretty fun too.

• Para Suite

★★★★★ Added by Para Suite

A great animation, the chracters, even the bad guys are charming and amazing ost. Must