• Annie

★★★ Watched by Annie 24 Aug, 2015

that was a thing that happened

• Jeff_J

Watched by Jeff_J 08 Aug, 2015

Film #6 of the "Scavenger Hunt August 2015"
    Task #1. Film featuring Gambling

Since I was a teenager I have always found myself drawn to over the top super stylized crazy Japanese animation. I loved FLCL, Gurren Laggan, Dead Leaves, Mind Games, Genius Party, all that sort of stuff. The weirder and more visually over the top the better. So when I saw previews of Redline I immediately wanted to check it out, when it came…

• unclenugget

Watched by unclenugget 04 Aug, 2015

If you're one of those people that can't stand car movies or racing stuff (made after 1980 of course) don't be fooled. This isn't like sick car bro shit, it's more like a better animated "Heavy Metal" movie packed with scifi shit, violence and even some nudity. The art design and animation are fantastic and everything else is pretty fun too.

• Para Suite

★★★★★ Added by Para Suite

A great animation, the chracters, even the bad guys are charming and amazing ost. Must

• Jay Mistry

★★★★ Watched by Jay Mistry 30 Jun, 2015

After being inspired by Fast & Furious, it's as if the Japanese anime equivalent of Hanna-Barbera's Wacky Races had ingested more than one cocktail of steroids, acid and various animal testosterones.

• Patagon

★★★★★ Watched by Patagon 20 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Everything I loved about the video game series F-Zero made into one hell of a film.

Every single one of the characters is somewhere between a little crazy to completly over the top, from the two asshole-superheroes Lynchman and Johnnyboya, the aptly named "SUPERBOINS" and "Machinehead" Tetsujin to the lovable protagonist Sweet JP.

The different crazy antics of these characters create a really unique humour just with how everyone is such a large ham about racing and the simple fact…

★★★★ Watched by YI JIAN 21 Jun, 2015

I'm still trembling in excitement. Please don't watch this before driving or you'll be flooring the pedal. Adrenaline filled, unlimited craziness. Made from a 100,000 hand made drawings, giving off a ton of energy per second. The walls shook, blood vessels burst. Redline goes with a pace as fast as it's racers, so do try to keep up, slowpokes.

• Roadhou5e

★★★★★ Watched by Roadhou5e 29 May, 2015

Coyboy Bebop + F-Zero + the good parts of podracing = Redline. The visuals in this movie are amazing - some of the best animation/visual touches I have ever seen in anime.

• Axeshizzle

Rewatched by Axeshizzle 19 May, 2015

'Its development took seven years and used 100,000 hand-made drawings.' (Wikipedia)

Much like Gravity (2013), you don't watch Redline if you're looking for an intriguing narrative.
    Redline is self-aware and achieved what it set out to do.
    (Which is to be awesome, firing on all cylinders.)

Still remains the most visually impressive 2D animated production I have seen to date.

'It's like drugs for your eyes.'
    -Everyone who's seen Redline

• Cavin Hawkins

★★ Watched by Cavin Hawkins 18 May, 2015

It's like Speed Racer meets Death Race. The animation was kinda cool, even though sometimes it was hard to tell what was going on, and the races were alright. Everything else, though, was meh. I just never really got into it.

• Adam Silverman

★★½ Watched by Adam Silverman 17 May, 2015

this film has a few big issues.

• MasterPike

★★★ Watched by MasterPike 06 May, 2015

The racing scenes are exhilarating and there's enough crazy bio-weapons, tits, mecha and insane support characters for most anime fans to slake their thirst on. I enjoyed it but more for the brilliant design than the narrative which is pretty tame and superficial at best: duck-tailed Mr. Cool wants to win the race and the girl - it is what it is.

The thick shadowed design is gorgeous and the look of the weapons and cars pretty amazing. All in all a neon clusterfuck of sound and fury. Easily enjoyed and easily forgotten.