• TheGreatFaggles

★★★★ Added by TheGreatFaggles

Great Looking animation, great soundtrack, and one hell of an entertaining story.

• Roman Rangel

★★★★ Watched by Roman Rangel 12 Jan, 2015

Ya tenía un buen rato que no veía un anime y me dio gusto ver uno tan original y divertido como "Redline". La historia, enfocada en carreras interplanetarias con pilotos de otro mundo, casi es irrelevante ya que la cinta es tan hiperkinética y surreal que prácticamente se convierte en un viaje ácido. Dirigida por Takeshi Koike (de quien recuerdo el corto de "World Record" en el compendio animado de "The Animatrix"), "Redline" es entretenimiento visceral con un asombroso estilo visual. Para fans del anime es una cinta imperdible. Muy recomendable.

• cbutt09

★★★ Added by cbutt09

I had no idea what was going on but it looked pretty?

• hotsake

★★½ Added by hotsake

Boooorrrriiinnng!

• IncredibleJeff

★★★★ Watched by IncredibleJeff 18 Dec, 2014

Redline is something else.First things I have to compliment the animation and art style which carry the story from a pretty typical anime film.It's very stylish and it hammers you over the head with it.I would say it's one of the more stylish anime films I've seen. Madhouse does a great job with that.

The plot on the other hand isn't very exciting,and isn't anything new.I would say it's pretty close to Death Race 2000.None of that matters since this movie is pure eye candy,and a joy to watch.

• unipedal

★★★½ Watched by unipedal 15 Dec, 2014

As brilliant, intense, and mindblowing the animation is...one cannot help but feel a tinge of disappointment at what could have been. If you're gonna spend 7 years animating something like this, why not put some work into the script as well?

• Milos Munic

★★★★ Added by Milos Munic

Holy shit! I loved Wacky Races on cartoon network as a kid, but this, this is Wacky races Japanese style on cocaine and LSD. Beautiful animation and so much insane action and suspense. Great watch!

• George Pletz

★★★★ Watched by George Pletz 30 Oct, 2014

Feels like Mobieus and Jack Kirby did a far future death race 2000 Speed Racer mashup strained through the best anime. What it lacks in character depth, it makes up with spectacle and satire. That it builds to a frenzy at least twice really amazes. The pulsating techno soundtrack and vast vistas beg for a big screen and sound system.
    A bracing experience that if you like adult animation you should give a spin.

• Jeremy Medina

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeremy Medina 16 Oct, 2014

Yeah!

• AngryAssSloth

★★★★★ Watched by AngryAssSloth 20 Sep, 2014

Is it weird that I immediately recognized the voice actor for Frisbee in the english dub as Pacer from Fallout: New Vegas? I play a lot of Fallout: New Vegas.

This has got to be one of my favorite art styles in a anime. It fitted perfectly with the racing theme. The music was awesome. The HAIR was awesome.

• Dick

½ Added by Dick

Put me to sleep.

• SexBobOmb

★★★★ Watched by SexBobOmb 08 Sep, 2014

Races are so much more fun to watch when they're animated. Especially when the Japanese animation industry leader (in my opinion) Madhouse is running the show.

The story is nothing special, and the characters are pretty typical.

Where this movie shines is the masterful, over the top visuals that take this tale of speed to the next FUCKING LEVEL. The hard lines and simple tones are reminiscent of Mike Mignola's comic styles in Hellboy, and it looks. so. good.

Every…