• Antonio Quintero

★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 30 Sep, 2010

THis movie is an explosion of candy rainbows, but there is barely a story.

• TheRantAsArt

★★★★ Added by TheRantAsArt

Very loud. Very fast. Very cool. No CG art at all; all hand drawn. I think it took like seven years to make it.

• Mark Andrus

★★★★½ Watched by Mark Andrus 19 Dec, 2013

Good racing movies are really hard to pull off. People often say that Nascar is really boring, which I tend to agree with. Nascar is not interesting at all unless 1. You have a vested interest in the drivers. 2. You're gambling. 3. There are accidents. 4. It's very close. As a result you are left with something that can be interesting if done correctly, but in its basic formula tends not to be. (I think Westerns are the same…

• Sean

★★★★ Watched by Sean 15 Dec, 2013

Fucking incredible. A total tour de force of insane, batshit animation that screams out to be seen as soon as possible. The character designs are totally off the wall and frighteningly original, I want to own basically every frame of this as a giant poster. It may not be as intellectual a science fiction film as might be ideal, but it's so visceral and so startlingly visual that it more than makes up for it.

• Joshua Liles

★★★★ Added by Joshua Liles

An ecstasy of vibrant characters, beautiful sound and the most amazing premise. It's a thrill ride from start to finish and I mean that quite literally.

• ab

★★★★½ Watched by ab 13 Dec, 2013

OMFGDIDYOUSEETHATTHINGWHERETHEGUYFLIPSOVERTHEOTHERGUYTHENUSESTHENITROUSANDBLASTSOFFANDLIKEDOESSOMESPINTRICKORSOMESHITTHENLIKESOMEYELLOWGODZILLAMONSTERCOMESALONGANDDESTROYSEVERYTHINGTHENANOTHERMONSTERCOMESALONGANDTHEYFIGHTMEANWHILETHEOTHERGUYGOESSUPERFASTANDDODGESASPACELASERTHENGOESSOFASTHISBONNETRIPSOFFANDTHENSHOOTSAMISSILECOMINGATHISCARWITHLIKEAPISTOL!!!!!!!!!

Redline is a fantastic cocktail of adrenaline, nitrous and infinite fun. I love it.

• Justin Harrison

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Harrison 09 Dec, 2013

I watched this for the first time in just over a year tonight, and it more than holds up. Visually it's completely and utterly gorgeous, the results of a seven-year-long hand-drawn animation process and a diverse range of character, vehicle and world designs. Narratively, Redline's story is simple; every five years the titular race is held on a different planet. In a time where space travel and anti-gravity engines are normal, the Redline requires that its racers, who come from…

• mike

★★★★½ Added by mike

Stylistically out of this world.

• Bob R.

★★★½ Watched by Bob R. 30 Nov, 2013

"Redline" features humans, aliens, robots and anthropomorphic animals competing in a galaxy spanning super-car race. Not exactly a new concept, but the animation is lovely and there a real sense energy running through the whole story. It's made even more impressive when one considers that the film makers made the conscious decision to forgo computer animation in favor of hand-drawn frames - over 100,000 in total. Pretty cool.

• Mark_Lemmond

★★★★½ Watched by Mark_Lemmond 11 Nov, 2013

A visually impressive and insane movie.

• Phil Newton

★★★ Watched by Phil Newton 08 Nov, 2013

Set in a distant future, a few people still enjoy the thrills of motor racing and are competing to get a spot in the upcoming Redline tournament. We follow racers JP - formerly charged with race-fixing - and Sonoshee as they prepare for the deathly race, as the drivers are not only threatened by each other but also the unfriendly inhabitants of the planet they're due to compete on. Redline is like a more adult-orientated anime of Speed Racer, with that zany humour, pace and candy-coated visuals.

• VNPryor

★★★½ Watched by VNPryor 17 Oct, 2013

This may be the most impressive looking animated movie I've ever seen.

It's so impressive looking that sometimes I didn't understand what was actually happening? But, really, who cares? it looked awesome...