• Joshua Liles

★★★★ Added by Joshua Liles

An ecstasy of vibrant characters, beautiful sound and the most amazing premise. It's a thrill ride from start to finish and I mean that quite literally.

• ab

★★★★½ Watched by ab 13 Dec, 2013

OMFGDIDYOUSEETHATTHINGWHERETHEGUYFLIPSOVERTHEOTHERGUYTHENUSESTHENITROUSANDBLASTSOFFANDLIKEDOESSOMESPINTRICKORSOMESHITTHENLIKESOMEYELLOWGODZILLAMONSTERCOMESALONGANDDESTROYSEVERYTHINGTHENANOTHERMONSTERCOMESALONGANDTHEYFIGHTMEANWHILETHEOTHERGUYGOESSUPERFASTANDDODGESASPACELASERTHENGOESSOFASTHISBONNETRIPSOFFANDTHENSHOOTSAMISSILECOMINGATHISCARWITHLIKEAPISTOL!!!!!!!!!

Redline is a fantastic cocktail of adrenaline, nitrous and infinite fun. I love it.

• Justin Harrison

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Harrison 09 Dec, 2013

I watched this for the first time in just over a year tonight, and it more than holds up. Visually it's completely and utterly gorgeous, the results of a seven-year-long hand-drawn animation process and a diverse range of character, vehicle and world designs. Narratively, Redline's story is simple; every five years the titular race is held on a different planet. In a time where space travel and anti-gravity engines are normal, the Redline requires that its racers, who come from…

• mike

★★★★½ Added by mike

Stylistically out of this world.

• Bob R.

★★★½ Watched by Bob R. 30 Nov, 2013

"Redline" features humans, aliens, robots and anthropomorphic animals competing in a galaxy spanning super-car race. Not exactly a new concept, but the animation is lovely and there a real sense energy running through the whole story. It's made even more impressive when one considers that the film makers made the conscious decision to forgo computer animation in favor of hand-drawn frames - over 100,000 in total. Pretty cool.

• Mark_Lemmond

★★★★½ Watched by Mark_Lemmond 11 Nov, 2013

A visually impressive and insane movie.

• Phil Newton

★★★ Watched by Phil Newton 08 Nov, 2013

Set in a distant future, a few people still enjoy the thrills of motor racing and are competing to get a spot in the upcoming Redline tournament. We follow racers JP - formerly charged with race-fixing - and Sonoshee as they prepare for the deathly race, as the drivers are not only threatened by each other but also the unfriendly inhabitants of the planet they're due to compete on. Redline is like a more adult-orientated anime of Speed Racer, with that zany humour, pace and candy-coated visuals.

• VNPryor

★★★½ Watched by VNPryor 17 Oct, 2013

This may be the most impressive looking animated movie I've ever seen.

It's so impressive looking that sometimes I didn't understand what was actually happening? But, really, who cares? it looked awesome...

• Eamon Copher

★★★★ Watched by Eamon Copher 14 Oct, 2013

Redline is: winning a race powered completely by love and haircuts. Or, more frames of animation for some guy turning off a tv than an entire anime television series' first two seasons.

• Joseph Blackwell

★★★½ Added by Joseph Blackwell

REAAAAAAL ULTIMATEE POWERRRRR!!!

If you like your animation fast, psychadelic and even more fast on top of that then this is right up your alley, I would suggest this as a double feature with The Wachowski's Speed Racer.

• Patrick Welker

★★★½ Watched by Patrick Welker 07 Oct, 2013

Personally I was hoping for something more extreme. Anyway, nice animation artwork.

• JamesLebowski

★★★★½ Watched by JamesLebowski 04 Oct, 2013

I'm getting a bit video-gamey now but I guess a lot of people might understand it.
    Just imagine the weapons and fun of Mario Kart mixed with the speed and science fiction of Wipeout and blended with the crashes and insanity of Burnout and finally everything sped up and intensified a billion times and spiced up with eccentric and amazing character designs straight out of Guilty Gear XX.

"Redline" follows the driver JP and opens up during a qualifying race…