• Thaddeus

★★★★½ Watched by Thaddeus 28 Feb, 2015

Woohoo, this was friggin' awesome! A lot of movies are called "action-packed" or "a thrill ride" but man oh man does Redline earn those titles.

And the animation! Slick black lines with heavy shadows offset bright and shiny colors for a dynamite visual style. Detailed, varied, and imaginative aliens and mechs are everywhere, constantly moving and engaging you. Good ol' squash-and-stretch animation is pushed to its limits to give a ballistic sense of speed that pushes you back in your seat. A fantastic movie!

• Christopher Runyon

Watched by Christopher Runyon 27 Feb, 2015

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• schizm42

★★★½ Watched by schizm42 22 Feb, 2015

fast paced and energetic

• Kyle Gardner

Rewatched by Kyle Gardner 19 Feb, 2015

What this film does is extraordinary in every sense of the word. The way it pushes, stretches, deforms, and twists its subjects into physics and logic defying shapes, the energy and verve it inspires in the audience as it constantly defies its own limits, and how there will never be another film quite like it.

• Gxas

Rewatched by Gxas 19 Feb, 2015

This movie is broken in so many ways.

But damn, does it make up for it with the absolutely gorgeous animation.

This movie is a blast through and through.

If my heart were a stove, this movie would be my steamlight. Absolute rush every viewing.

• PitchingBear

★★★ Watched by PitchingBear 25 Jan, 2015

The real race in this movie is your eyes trying to keep up with the subtitles and animation. But once I settled into the style and pace, I found this anime to be highly creative and enjoyable, even if its a little weird... sometimes a lot weird.

• Matt

★★★★★ Watched by Matt 07 Feb, 2015 2

"Well, I see a girl who is an engine geek and has absolutely no interest in men."

WHY HAVEN'T I SEEN THIS SOONER?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I would review this, but I really don't know how.

All I know is that it knocked me on my ass and blew my fucking socks off and you should see this. Immediately.

Okay, so I can try describing it vaguely. Imagine the visuals, energy and pure joy of the live-action Speed Racer movie. Mix that with…

• Popkorn

Rewatched by Popkorn 07 Feb, 2015 1

Believe it or not I liked this more the second time.

• Freeman Williams

★★★★ Watched by Freeman Williams 25 Jan, 2015

If you took Wacky Races and Speed Racer, combined them with video games like Wipeout XL and Rock 'n' Roll Racing, and then threw in some totally insane anime tropes, you might come close to the experience of Redline.

Set in a futuristic world where the deliriously fast Redline race is run every five years on a different planet with a deadly environment, this movie is largely concerned with rockabilly dragster Sweet JP, his heavily customized Trans Am, and his…

• Mierdadetios Ortega

★★★★★ Added by Mierdadetios Ortega

Lo mejor del anime en decadas. 7 años de producción en esta obra de artesanía hecha completamente a mano. Mezcla los auto locos y Speed Racer con Death Race pasados por acido y tienes Redline...

• QRT

★★★★ Rewatched by QRT 24 Jan, 2015

Redline really doesn't have much in the way of a convincing or interesting story, but what it does have is an absolutely amazing visual style and a great soundtrack. The film is completely over the top and is such a fun experience.

• Hannah M

★½ Watched by Hannah M 21 Jan, 2015

My brother and I have had plenty of discussions over the years about my difficulty with anime, so he knew this one was going to be a hard sell. And... yeah, it was. For some reason I have trouble processing the visuals for anime, and these visuals are flashy and fast. My eyes *felt* tired when I finished this movie. I'm sure there were chunks of the movie that I just missed in one form or another because I could…