• MasterPike

★★★ Watched by MasterPike 06 May, 2015

The racing scenes are exhilarating and there's enough crazy bio-weapons, tits, mecha and insane support characters for most anime fans to slake their thirst on. I enjoyed it but more for the brilliant design than the narrative which is pretty tame and superficial at best: duck-tailed Mr. Cool wants to win the race and the girl - it is what it is.

The thick shadowed design is gorgeous and the look of the weapons and cars pretty amazing. All in all a neon clusterfuck of sound and fury. Easily enjoyed and easily forgotten.

• macdude

★★★ Watched by macdude 27 Apr, 2015 2

It's gonna be difficult for me to talk about this movie without mentioning Speed Racer. Honestly, many of the reasons I like this movie are for the same reasons I loved speed racer. A series of over the top, unrealistic, off-the-wall races involving unrealistic cars, lots of danger, cheesy lines and lots of lots of tension. That's really all i have to say about this movie because it is pretty shallow. The whole story of the Roboworld government trying to…

• pepito pea

★★★★½ Watched by pepito pea 11 Apr, 2015

despite my long time, deep admiration for the beautiful, melancholic films of studio ghibli, they've always seemed to lack a certain je nais se quoi. basically, LOTS OF FAST FUCKING DANGEROUS CARS.

• T.E.P.

★★★★½ Rewatched by T.E.P. 03 Apr, 2015

"All I know is I'm behind the wheel, so it's my party now."

I'm going to be perfectly honest and admit my intentions with this review aren't entirely pure. I'm tired of people I know qualifying the statement that they like Redline by saying "oh, but the plot sucks," or, more importantly, criticizing Redline for that while other things that hardly seem any more narratively complete apparently get a pass. Since this is where I'm coming from, I may give…

• Jay Rosenkrantz

★★★★½ Added by Jay Rosenkrantz

7 years and 100,000 drawings = Speed Racer on acid. Pound for pound one of the most entertaining movies I have experienced. Visually stunning, crazy imaginative, makes you feel like you've snorted seven hundred tons of rocket fuel. I want to watch it again, I also want my own theme song. REDLIIIINE!

• Balzac

★★★★½ Added by Balzac

After watching this, I am no longer a person. I am now a giant, throbbing erection in the shape of a man.

• Carl Ingebretsen

★★★★ Watched by Carl Ingebretsen 25 Mar, 2015

This movie goes like a bullet, throwing fifteen different balls in the air while spinning around, doing an interpretive ballet and breakdance-performance while involved in a gunfight that happens in the middle of a kaiju outbreak and a love story, all while juggling the fifteen previously mentioned balls, pausing momentarily to throw them in your face one by one, and it always hits its target beautifully.

You have been warned.

• Justin Willis

★★★½ Watched by Justin Willis 14 Mar, 2015 2

Its a high-octane thrill ride. The plot is simple and predictable, but it works. The subplots work to create a believable Fast and Furious in space storyline. The characters are lovable and interesting. JP is a kid at heart while Sonoshee works hard to become the respected adult. But thats not why you watch Redline. You watch it cause it is the most technically impressive anime ever. Seriously, its the best looking animation thing I've ever seen. Overall, its fun and over the top movie.

• Michael Hill

★★★½ Watched by Michael Hill 13 Mar, 2015

That was fun.

• Paul Davey

★★★½ Watched by Paul Davey 13 Mar, 2015

100 minutes at intensity 11.

• Matt Lavender

★★★★½ Watched by Matt Lavender 07 Mar, 2015

Weird ass hyper active future racing anime, sort of Wacky Races meets F-Zero I gueeeess. The story is pretty basic, a bunch of weirdo racers are doing a big race on some hostile planet. Amazing art style and music. Every frame is packed with some insane shit. Lots of cool alien and machine designs. Some of the alien characters look like degenerate Ghibli creatures. Lots of goofy bullshit too but the action is great. There's basically no context for this…

• Jack 'ThatOneReviewer' Miller

★★★★ Watched by Jack 'ThatOneReviewer' Miller 19 Feb, 2015

Imagine F-Zero the movie had mad techno sex with Speed Racer on even more crack... REDLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a great sweating hump of crazy pace races, mix it with mindbendingly detailed animation. Add in some weird species and a simple gotta win plot. Oh and don't forget the SPACE BOOBS! and the bootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybootybooty.
    Throw in some phallic imagery and a plot relevant pompador and you've got yourself a hell of a film.

Summed Up: Put down the drugs and do some Redlines instead. It's way fucking better.