• Chris Lay

★★★★ Watched by Chris Lay 02 Mar, 2015

"You repo men, you're all out to fuckin' lunch."

• Robert

★★★★½ Watched by Robert 02 Mar, 2015

"C'mon Duke, lets go do those crimes." "Yeah... YEAH, LET'S GO EAT SUSHI.... AND NOT PAY!"

Tongue-in-cheek ridiculousness. I love it.

• punkduck

Rewatched by punkduck 06 Jan, 2015

Bedroom, Portland, Maine

• weouthere

★★★★ Watched by weouthere 27 Feb, 2015 1

HOW/WHY HAS IT TAKEN ME SO LONG TO SEE THIS?

• Peter Patnaik

★★★★½ Rewatched by Peter Patnaik 23 Feb, 2015

As screened by Neko Case and Michael Nesmith...really.

• bcc273

★★★½ Watched by bcc273 22 Feb, 2015

Punk Rock is all about getting your anger and frustration across without holdin anything back. This is a Punk Rock Movie to the core. Pissed off and not afraid to share its views, the film moves swiftly from scene to scene, from philosophy to philosphy with reckless abandon. The soundtrack and score kick ass mixing popular punk with surf rock. It plays out like a more goofy, less well crafted Pulp Fiction on speed. The downfalls of making a movie…

• CoolHandFluke

★★★★ Rewatched by CoolHandFluke 04 Feb, 2015

A punk rock rebellion against the yuppie world of consumerism and Reaganomics. What an absolutely fantastic microcosm to explain an every-man viewpoint of how the 80s changed the United States and the world for better or worse.

• disinvite

★★★★ Rewatched by disinvite 08 Feb, 2015

Repo Man starts off weird, but completely and believably goes off the rails by the film’s end, quite literally leaving the atmosphere. Wonderful. I watch this and think this is exactly the kind of movie I’d like to make. Cox uses every square inch of his movie to illustrate these bizarre characters, and never undermines his warped outlook.

• Wilson

★★★★ Rewatched by Wilson 16 Feb, 2015

Endlessly entertaing. An anarchic, nuclear, alien drive-in flick. A hilarious film with a perpetually quotable script; one of the great film soundtracks and sledgehammer-to-the-face political satire. It is a punk sci-fi comedy that works perfectly in each of these realms. It always makes me think that if David Lynch had been obsessed with the 1980s, rather than the 1950s, he would have made a good version of Alex Cox. Repo Man remains one of the great cult films, one of…

• Johann Rucker

★★★★½ Watched by Johann Rucker 15 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Alex Cox's anti-everything movie is a gleefully punk mixture of John Hughes and John Carpenter, delivered in the most classic-eighties fashion ever. A good chunk of it is angry at almost everything it presents, showcasing a hyper-reality where everyday life is even shittier than it already is - at least for Estevez's Otto. The other chunk is an homage to genre films the director was clearly fond of. It's good stuff, and the Criterion transfer is dope.

• Ryan Narc

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Narc 11 Feb, 2015

I first watched this many, many years ago when I was apparently a little punk because I didn't necessarily care for it then but Repo Man is awesome. Complete 80's sci-fi fun with a killer soundtrack and Harry Dean Stanton being the man. Glad I gave it another chance (I had to since Criterion hooked it up).

• Mateoismyname_o