• Derek Abbott

★★★★★ Rewatched by Derek Abbott 15 Apr, 2016

(Viewing Format: 2013 Blu-ray, 1.78:1 HD)

The Criterion Blu-ray looks awesome. I'm surprised my old Anchor Bay DVD still plays as I've watched it so many fucking times... So this is a justifiable upgrade. Plus, it includes the TV version, which, while I'll probably never watch it all the way through, it's still nice to have.

• Pablo González Sánchez

★★★★★ Watched by Pablo González Sánchez 02 May, 2016

La mejor película de la historia.

• TheMovieVampire

★★★ Watched by TheMovieVampire 29 May, 2009

Here’s a flick that was pretty much destined either for cult status or bust, it’s achieved the former. The film is set in 1980s L.A., initially it appears to be a launch off from the Hardcore Punk scene, but then it gets increasingly strange. There’s car repossessing, some sort of anti-government militia, and of course a 1964 Chevy Malibu… from space. What’s really impressive is that all this stuff seems to organically arise out of the setting and not random…

• Quinn Of Spades

★★★½ Watched by Quinn Of Spades 22 Apr, 2016

A film that is one of the few that is successful at capturing a 'youthful' feeling. However, this film severely lacks any visual style (and when you've got a film like this it almost demands a unique look to it) and the characters beyond the punks and Otto are forgettable and poorly written.

It's a mixed bag overall, as its counter-cultural strives are much too obvious to be effective and teeter on self-parody. It's an enjoyable film nonetheless, and the performances carried my interest all the way through the end.

• JosephFinn

★★★½ Watched by JosephFinn 28 Apr, 2016

Such a wonderfully weird movie.

• sebastian_drogo

★★★★ Watched by sebastian_drogo 27 Apr, 2016

Alex Cox è un regista mediamente fuori di testa.
    Qui ci sono punk, ufo, una los angeles bizzarra e un giovane recuperatore di automobili i cui proprietari hanno saltato le rate da pagare.
    Ricorda Jim Jarmusch, tira dritto per la sua strada, un film anticonvenzionale e riuscito.
    Cult.

• feedingbrett

★★★ Watched by feedingbrett 26 Apr, 2016 2

Included In Lists:
    Criterion Collection - #654

Repo Man is an encapsulation of many things, a perspective on the abundance of youthful punks that plague American streets during the 1980s, the increased paranoia and obsession of extraterrestrials, the increasing rise of consumerism and capitalism as it finally weaves its way within the heart of the nuclear family, and the anarchic spirit of director Alex Cox as he creates a comedic adventure that is not afraid to call upon itself with…

• Puke Larry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Puke Larry 23 Apr, 2016

Every time I watch this, I laugh really hard when Dick Rude says "The lights are growing dim."

• Dan

★★★★ Rewatched by Dan 21 Apr, 2016

Bud: Look at those assholes, ordinary fucking people. I hate 'em.

• FrankOS