• ___whatever

★★★★½ Watched by ___whatever 01 Sep, 2014

John Carpenter and Tarantino collaborating on a Sci-fi film.

• Emery Snyder

★★★★½ Rewatched by Emery Snyder 26 Aug, 2014

What happens when you mix one part Carpenter's THEY LIVE, one part Suicidal Tendencies self titled album and sprinkle a dash of THE OUTSIDERS for good measure?... This is what happens - A punk rock science fiction about big brother and class warfare...

This is a film that is set in Los Angeles and features a MacGuffinish 1964 Chevy Malibu but it's important to note that at no time, do we even get a glimpse of the beach, Malibu or…

• Naughty

★★★ Watched by Naughty 30 Aug, 2014

Recommended by AstroHKid via Movie Request Hotline list!

A real blast from the past! 80's Punk Funk time to drop some A or light up a lil Mary J, sit back and enjoy the ride!

Harry Dean Stanton keepin it real!

Punk ass Emilio Estevez dons a "tude"

64 Chevrolet Malibu with "junk in its trunk" that will blow you away!

• Movie Waffler

★★★★½ Added by Movie Waffler

In this era of global recession, soulless commercialism and rising religious fundamentalism, Repo Man feels a lot more relevant than it might have 30 years ago. Get yourself a copy, loan it to a friend, and steal it back in the dead of night. (Review by Eric Hillis) www.themoviewaffler.com/2014/08/1984-thon-repo-man.html

• Dante

★★★½ Rewatched by Dante 17 Aug, 2014

There is so much potential in Alex Cox's Repo Man.

Pugnacious punk rockers, fluorescent extra-terrestrial mysteries, product placement disdain, cool and grizzled Harry Dean Stanton, a voice of a generation. All these pieces have a carnal cult-allure, yet Cox lacked the competency to link each one together. A brilliant script, but a "ehh, pretty good" film.

The biggest flop is obviously the alien subplot. On its surface, it is just dumb. Aliens? Really? And while it isn't executed very well,…

• The Spenc

★★★★ Watched by The Spenc 12 Aug, 2014

Sarcastic, off beat, crazy and surreal. Does not make any sense by traditional standards,but still it's ace. Glad , I finally watched this cult classic.

• Ben Dugan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Dugan 10 Aug, 2014

I cannot put into words why I love "Repo Man" as much as I do. Maybe it's because I saw it at the right age as a young teenage punk. Maybe it's because "Repo Man" is stylish and quotable for days. Maybe it's just because Harry Dead Stanton is one of the coolest dudes ever.
    Whatever it is all I can say is "Repo Man" is one of my favorite movies for any reason you can think of. It is just one of the coolest things you can watch that gets better each time you watch it.

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

Every once in a while I see a movie that by all explanation sounds terrible but in execution is flawless. A philosophical journey through the zeitgeist fueled punk scene of 1980's Los Angels with a stellar cast and moments of genuine hilarity.

• Rick Vance

Watched by Rick Vance 01 Aug, 2014

Intense

• Ethan Rosenberg

Watched by Ethan Rosenberg 02 Aug, 2014

Exhibit A in my upcoming Why Fight Club is Bad for You essay. Repo Man proves with vigor that a punk rock satire can be critical (and fun!) without being hypocritical.

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 02 Aug, 2014

Smart, wired madness from Alex Cox. It's a remarkably confident film - it sounds like the sort of thing that should have been filmed on a second hand VHS camera but instead it's full of professional actors at the top of their form while retaining a punky flavour. Harry Dean Stanton's clearly relishing having a central role here while the plot is a wonderful, genre-shifting beast, never doing what you expect it to.

• Chris Jensen

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Jensen 30 Jul, 2014

Harry Dean Stanton helps elevate what could have been a terrible movie. Always fills me with nostalgia for oddball 80's cult film.