• Josef Jähnke

★★★½ Watched by Josef Jähnke 04 Feb, 2016

Doesn't matter if you'll hate it or love it. This is a film that every single soul in the world should see. Don't look up anything about it, just watch it.

• Paddy Hannan
  • Cody McHugh

★★★★½ Watched by Cody McHugh 03 Feb, 2016

Delightfully bonkers and gloriously entertaining.

Oh, what a movie!

Week 20: January 31st-February 6th
    Sci-Fi Week

letterboxd.com/jeff_j/list/letterboxd-season-challenge-2015-16/
    _______________________________________________________________

Pretty much the definition of a cult movie. A menagerie of little flourishes of strange, subversive, and often gleefully silly movie making. I'm not exactly sure how I got it in my head that this movie was on the 1001 Movies To See Before You Die list (it wasn't) but I'm relatively glad I ended up watching it anyway. It's not a film that grabbed me…

• PO Cadieux

★★★★ Added by PO Cadieux

Assez solide.
    gros film sci fi punk aliens voleurs machins.
    Très cool, soundtrack de feu, jeune Emilio Estevez, produits ultra génériques dans les épiceries, histoire originale.

CULTE

• Max Restaino

★★★½ Rewatched by Max Restaino 01 Feb, 2016

This movie is so rebellious that even the end credits scroll from top to bottom.

• Ari Niemi

★★★ Watched by Ari Niemi 31 Jan, 2016

Film #49 of the Letterboxd Season Challenge 2015-16.

A bit of an odd beast that's certainly entertaining but that feels quite random as well. For my feverish brain, at least. I wasn't quite sold but there's a fair bit of fun to be had with this energetic film.

• Steven McHugh

★★ Added by Steven McHugh

This bizarre science fiction comedy caper follows our punk rocker protagonist through a number of unusual situations; none of which seem to add up to anything. Repo Man is a mixed bag of fun set pieces that never really add up to a complete story.

On the whole the film looks nice. It’s well shot and the scenes are nicely edited and framed. There’s a nice use of its punk rock soundtrack: with a casual tone about it, it never…

• emmet

Watched by emmet 26 Jan, 2016

i don't know how or why this eluded me for so long. really excellent. while it's not based on anything pynchon wrote, this easily feels just as indebted to his thematic concerns in the gestalt as a straight adaptation (well, as straight as you can get with a pynchon adaptation) like inherent vice or impolex. absurd satire of fringe weirdos, criticism of capitalism/consumerism, drugs, paranoia, conspiracies involving mysterious government agencies & aliens, and a reverence for pop culture, all wrapped up…

• OldLee

★★★★½ Watched by OldLee 24 Jan, 2016

the world's a quote

• Mikey James

★★★★½ Added by Mikey James

"What about our relationship?"
    "Fuck that."

• Ian W. Hill

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ian W. Hill 22 Jan, 2016

Continuing a spate of comfort cinema.

There's a million things wrong with this film, I think, but the more I see it the less they all matter.

For years this was a complete "teenage" film for me, and I don't think I respected it enough for itself rather than as an integral part of the 80s and a worldview I got from beign a teen then and having this as an ideal. Now, I appreciate it as much from a contrarian 47-year-old perspective.

And no one shot L.A. in the 80s like Robby Mueller. Damn.