• SilentDawn

★★★★ Watched by SilentDawn 26 Jul, 2014 2

Repo Man is everything I wanted and more from a cult film; Biting and pitch-perfect social commentary, a witty and amazingly quotable script, and actors all at the top of their game, which is wrapped up in the trappings of a 50s paranoia Alien picture.

Sure, It's completely bonkers, but you can't help but feel utter euphoria as the final frames of this insane piece of cinema flash before your eyes, leaving you in a state of bewilderment and confused chaos.

It also has Harry Dean Stanton saying the F-Word constantly. If that doesn't sell it, I don't know what will.

• J.T. Moore

★★★★ Watched by J.T. Moore 25 Jul, 2014

Punk Rock Pulp Fiction

• Chris Purdie

★★★★★ Added by Chris Purdie

This is a movie that just improves and reveals itself a little more on every viewing. Someday, I'll take all the hard drugs before putting it on and on that day I might actually understand what it's all about, but I almost don't want to know because therein lies the fun.

I blame society.

• Lee Gaze

★★★ Watched by Lee Gaze 10 Jul, 2014

The editing in this movie is clearly on drugs.

• Tyler Wilson

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Wilson 04 Jul, 2014

great 80s sci fi movie

• Trevor Dobbin

★★★★ Watched by Trevor Dobbin 09 Jul, 2014

Goddamn dipshit Rodriguez gypsy dildo punks!

• vondoviak

★★★★★ Rewatched by vondoviak 03 Jul, 2014

You do a lot of acid, Miller? Back in the hippie days?

• RevFortOx

★★★★½ Added by RevFortOx

Dat soundtrack.

• chujus

★★★½ Added by chujus

Strangely surreal and unlike any other movie I've ver seen. I loved how it boycotted any kind of product placement. If only they were driving "Car" cars...

• helena

★★★★★ Watched by helena 27 Jun, 2014

I can't believe I got away with letting myself not see this film til now! This is an absolute 80s sci-fi classic every bit as much as Back to the Future or Terminator - it oozes style and wit without sacrificing pace or action for the sake of looking cool. The only aspect in which it slips up is the dodgy choice of new CGI technology over the prosthetic and Harryhausen-style special effects that make Cronenberg and Carpenter still wince-inducing…

• turnaboutint

★★★★★ Rewatched by turnaboutint 25 Jun, 2014

Watching the TV version this time, still just as weird, with some extra weirdness due to the ridiculous dubbing.

• James Rodrigues

★★★½ Watched by James Rodrigues 24 Jun, 2014

It's clear why Alex Coxs 80s film became such a cult classic. From its great use of punk rock, many moments of hilarity, great ensemble and memorable moments. Just a shame things get disjointed and random in the second half, especially towards the end.