• Scott

★★★★½ Rewatched by Scott 25 Jul, 2015

The first MOTW from my long lost Dissolve, and man, was this a great film to start things up with.

"Being a repo man is always intense!"

• Webb_Traverse

★★★★ Watched by Webb_Traverse 26 Jul, 2015

"You ever feel as if your mind had started to erode?"
    After this film, I'm going to say yes. Repo Man is a gloriously insouciant odyssey through a Los Angeles where men in white hazmat suits kidnap homeless men, and no one bats an eye– in other words, it's Los Angeles.

• Cipriano

★★★ Watched by Cipriano 26 Jul, 2015

It deserves a rewatch because I don't know exactly what I just saw. It's a total mind fuck, with no apparent cohesion. Nevertheless, the ride through it is fun and I like the sense of nothing makes sense, anything could happen.

• Brian Bayer

★★★★½ Watched by Brian Bayer 25 Jul, 2015

This is a somewhat difficult one for me to explain. All I can really say is: I enjoy it immensely, Emilio Estevez is great, and it is one of the more unique films you'll ever watch. A real blend of movie genres. Go for it.

And the soundtrack is GREAT

• Matt Reifschneider

★★★★½ Watched by Matt Reifschneider 19 Jul, 2015 2

Punk rock, theft, aliens and perhaps the most seething satire of 1980s America, Repo Man handedly lives up to its cult status. It's brilliance on film.

• Megaman156

★★★½ Watched by Megaman156 20 Jul, 2015

"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes."

Pure comedy gold

• Jeremiah Dollins

★★★★½ Watched by Jeremiah Dollins 13 Jul, 2015

Every July, Barnes and Noble does their annual 50% off sale for Criterion Collection titles. This year I limited myself to two films, being that last year I splurged on about eight. One of those films, DON'T LOOK NOW, was an unequivocal masterpiece that I had seen before. The other, Alex Cox' 1984 low budget punk sci-fi movie, REPO MAN, I had never seen.

I remember my dad watching REPO MAN on VHS, but not letting me see it because…

• Wavriel

★★★★ Watched by Wavriel 13 Jul, 2015

"Look at those assholes, ordinary fucking people. I hate 'em."

• Robbie G

★★★★★ Watched by Robbie G 12 Jul, 2015

Like a Dead Kennedys song. Weird, irreverent, petulant, foul and unlike anything else.

• Tim

★★ Watched by Tim 09 Jul, 2015

What I Learned:
    Repo Men don't tell the people they're repossessing their things for some reason

Direction: ★
    Re-watchability: ★
    Tryhard Commentary: ★★★★★

• Fiona Green

★★★★ Watched by Fiona Green 09 Jul, 2015

A scuzzy, neon-lit dystopian dream. This is the punk version of the wild west, where morals take a back seat to survival. Don't focus on the acting, don't focus on the dialogue ("Let's do crimes"), just strap in and go on this ride.

• Mike OBrien

★★★★★ Watched by Mike OBrien 09 Jul, 2015

Miller (Tracey Walter): A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one,…