• Darryl Hunt

• Luke Whitticase

Added by Luke Whitticase 1

No. 116:
    Empire Magazines Greatest Challenge: 301 films, 301 words

Following in suit with Aronofsky's recurrent trend of goal driven individuals compelled to self-destruction through their own endeavours, the story revolves around a portrait of addiction, and how it comes across in all of its forms. How it's presence within western culture has evolved to the point of integration with idealism. The notion brings into question the value of our own lives and dream fulfilment through the eyes of these…

• Rebecca Fullstop

• stevenchanlol

★★★★ Watched by stevenchanlol 18 Apr, 2015

Very interesting...

Great Characters and story

Editing reminded me of edgar wright... when taking dope

Had alot of very innovative experimental montages, or maybe not even montage, simply scenes.

Very tragic

Also the emotion i get and the feeling right after watching this is more of sadness and confusion of what I just witnessed.

• Tony D'Amico

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tony D'Amico 15 Apr, 2015

It's been at least 10 years since I watched this, and I gotta say, this is a fucking amazing film!! This is only my 2nd time seeing it and since there was a pretty decent time frame between watches, I believe that made this such an experience.

I remember liking the film quite a bit upon first viewing, but this time around i fucking loved the hell out of it. First of all, my favorite thing is without a doubt…

• CoolStarBro

★★ Watched by CoolStarBro 13 Apr, 2015

I went in watching this as if I was going to watch Finding Nemo(the fish)version showing how drugs are bad. Nah, this is intended for people who want to watch a scary movie.

• Yumin Ha

Added by Yumin Ha

keep watching

• panics

★★★ Watched by panics 10 Apr, 2015

Depressing

• Reece Leonard

★★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

The message is obvious but the direction is flashy and the performances are outstanding, especially from the brilliant Ellen Burstyn.

• Courtney Willan

★★★★ Watched by Courtney Willan 08 Apr, 2015

Emotionally intense and depressingly true.

• cwcarruth23

★★★★★ Watched by cwcarruth23 04 Apr, 2015

All I could do was sit back and say "WOW" when I finished this movie. It is a story of 4 lives sadly ruined by the addiction to drugs. This film gave a good brief idea of exactly how drugs can creep their way into your life and eventually take over and cause you to practically lose all you had. I would recommend this film to any movie lover, especially considering this is one of the top-rated movies of all time.