• Adriii

★★★★½ Rewatched by Adriii 06 Jul, 2015

Reuní las fuerzas necesarias para revisionarla. Porque sí, tiene estilazo visual y narrativo, un montaje muy in your face y muy efectivo pero hay pocas películas que me transmitan la DESESPERACIÓN como lo hace 'Requiem por un sueño'. El último acto no lo veo, lo sufro intensamente.

• Stephan

★★★★ Watched by Stephan 09 Aug, 2015

Nicht so verstörend wie immer alle behaupten, aber Burstyn, Connelly, sowie Schnitt, Ton und Musik auf jeden Fall oscarreif.

• ASAP_TrapGod

★★★★ Watched by ASAP_TrapGod 10 Jul, 2015

This is not a warm hearted film. This film shows how quickly one's life can spiral out of control when substance abuse comes into their lives. The movie follows four people all connected. Some by blood some by drugs. The movie goes by the seasons, they use these as chapters. As the year progresses, we can see the lives of our characters get worse and worse. Until the end when they hit rock bottom. This film really makes me think about the decisions I've made in life. And the main message: DONT DO DRUGS!!! 👻

• Tarinanda A. Putri

★★★★ Watched by Tarinanda A. Putri 01 Aug, 2015

Jared Leto (actually) suits psychological-kind genre. Two thumbs up. Watched this because the rating and genre seem interesting and got shocked a lot to see young Leto playing his role here. So much to learn.

• Icha A

★★★★ Watched by Icha A 30 Aug, 2015

It's bloody depressing, intense, and devastating that I couldn't stand it at times. But I have to admit it's a bit overrated.

• Joe Hastings

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Hastings 24 Aug, 2015 1

I've seen this film before, but its been a while and I think now that I'm older I can appreciate it now.

Most people will call this Darren Aronofsky's crowning achievement, but I still prefer The Wrestler. These characters are hard to relate to since I haven't experienced that kind of addiction or poverty. However, that doesn't really matter in the end. This has to be one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen that doesn't rely on jump…

• ɃloodƇunt

★★★★½ Watched by ɃloodƇunt 29 Aug, 2015

Antes de nada, quiero deciros que esta película no está sobrevalorada. Cualquiera que piense eso no ha entendido la obra o no ha reflexionado a fondo sobre el tema. Entiendo que haya gente que diga que no le haya gustado la trama, los personajes o toda la película en general. Pero decir que está sobrevalorada es pasarse. Y más teniendo en cuenta los grandes ejemplos de películas sobrevaloradas que existen la historia del cine. Solo venía a explicar esto porque…

• Merriweather

★★★★ Added by Merriweather

A little overrated.

• Matthew Beem

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Beem 28 Aug, 2015

77/100

I'm in a safe place now; that's what's most important.

• spacemanjulius

★★★★ Watched by spacemanjulius 04 Jul, 2015

Aronofsky's movies are really something special. However, they're one and done things. I don't think I would like to subject myself to two anxiety-filled hours again, especially knowing that it doesn't end well for any of the characters.

• Matt Madrigal

★★★★★ Added by Matt Madrigal

I don't even know what to fucking say.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Directed by Darren Aronofsky.
    This film bears amazing cinematography work as well as editing of it; and what to speak about grand music-score of it, that keeps the plot in the hype discomfort till the end. Entire cast gives brilliant performance, especially Ellen Burstyn; who received her Oscar-nomination as Best Actress. Director Darren is to be credited with class of his direction on one of first films he had made.