• Lorenzo Benitez

★★½ Watched by Lorenzo Benitez 17 Jan, 2015

Despite its ambitiousness, 'Requiem' ultimately fails to overwhelm with its operatic censure of drugs. I admired the originality of its editing, but nothing else. Save for one character among the core ensemble of four, none of them are interesting or established well-enough to warrant our sympathy throughout.

'Requiem' didn't shock me, it left me cold.

• Vikram Dogra

★★★★½ Rewatched by Vikram Dogra 27 Jan, 2015

Still disturbing...

• Brenden Dawley

★★★★½ Watched by Brenden Dawley 27 Jan, 2015

Well... This movie made me never want to do drugs. Ever.

There are no happy endings when drugs are involved.

With that said, I loved this movie, its quick transitions, the music and everything else about it.

• Daniel Escaners

★★★★½ Watched by Daniel Escaners 25 Jan, 2015

La película termina en invierno, porque en esa historia siempre es invierno. Esos personajes no conocerán otra cosa. Crees que se van a levantar, a conseguir una vida mejor, a tranquilizarse, pero qué va. Pum. De boca contra el suelo. Y tú, con ellos. Una película visualmente poderosa y argumentalmente demoledora. Absolutamente brillante.

• Liva

★★★★ Watched by Liva 24 Jan, 2015

Very powerful, but as always with Aronofsky's films - there's a strange amount of his own vanity present there.

• Michael Herrington

★★★★ Watched by Michael Herrington 22 Jan, 2015

Repetitive and one-note, but gorgeously filmed and scored. And yes, very, very depressing.

• Jared

★★★★ Watched by Jared 21 Jan, 2015

What a happy ending...

I will just come out and say this movie was over hyped for me. For years I have been hearing about how this movie was a masterful work of art, and to be truly honest I wasn't as moved by the film as others. I'm not saying this is a bad movie by any means, its actually very very good. I'm saying it's just not the masterpiece that everyone was saying it was.

Also, people are…

• Aline Ribeiro

★★★★★ Watched by Aline Ribeiro 21 Jan, 2015

com a melhor música ❤

• Aaron

★★★★★ Added by Aaron

my boyfriend said this movie breaks relationships up so i guess we're doomed.

• Ben Lott

★★★½ Watched by Ben Lott 05 Jan, 2015

Wow, Requiem for a Dream is so dark and depressing. It is easily one of the most detailed looks into how drug abuse can destroy your life. Aronofsky uses every trick in the director's playbook to give the audience the sensation of being affected by the addictions of the main characters. There is shaky camera work, there are dramatic focus shifts. Even the music is used to create an unsettling atmosphere. It puts you on edge as a viewer, and…

• Felipe Nicéas

★★★★★ Added by Felipe Nicéas

O meu predileto de Aronofsky, um filme emocionante e com uma brilhante atuação de Ellen Burstyn que injustamente não levou a estatueta de melhor atriz no Oscar que acabou ficando com Julia Roberts por Erin Brockovich.

• Greg Dinskisk

Rewatched by Greg Dinskisk 20 Jan, 2015

Mostly was writing an essay as I watched it, but its visuals still struck me from time to time, whenever I looked up really. Love its use of split-screen and music. Really great stuff.