• Ionutvrinceanu

★★★★½ Watched by Ionutvrinceanu 06 May, 2014

Such a sad movie, it's haunting. It's brilliant. What impressed me the most was Harry's mother part. Her acting was so good. I can still see her scared expression in the movie.

• Nicole Talbot

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nicole Talbot 17 Sep, 2014

I have to watch a movie at least twice and let it sink in for a few days before I can come up with a fair opinion of it. And normally throughout the years of rewatching I enjoy it less and less and realize it maybe wasn't quite as good as I once thought.

I saw this film for the first time in 2007, and immeditaly fell in love. I wastched it a few more times throughout the years showing…

• Tim Ehrens

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tim Ehrens 16 Sep, 2014 2

"Most of the time I just want her to be happy."

Disturbing and thoughtful, devastating and bleak, artful and beautiful, ugly and poignant, shocking and twisted, sad and dirty.

Whatever you call it, call it a masterpiece.

"Requiem for a Dream" is not an easy watch, it's not a movie you can or should recommend to a wide swath of your friends and family, and it's probably not a movie you'd ever want to see ever again. I know when…

• Adam Cadre

★★★½ Watched by Adam Cadre 15 Feb, 2003

• Reid

★★ Added by Reid

One of the most graphic and explicit films I have ever scene. That holds no effect to the films quality however. While I may be in the minority, I found the film unbearable. Featuring decent performance and an original look, Requiem for a Dream is one of the most heavy-handed films I have ever scene. It beats you over the head, senselessly with a "don't do drugs" message. There is not an ounce of subtly, authenticity, or heart to this film

• williamasen

★★★★ Watched by williamasen 10 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Windyblue

Amputation
    Institutionalized Racism
    Body Image Shaming
    Dehumanization of women
    Rape culture - excuses, normalizes and trivializes male sexual violence
    Commodification of women

• Windyblue

★★★ Added by Windyblue

Warning:
    Graphic Sex "that isn't a psychologically healthy display of sex"
    Drug Use/Abuse
    Body Image Shaming
    Female Objectification

• Duck

★★★★★ Watched by Duck 11 Sep, 2014

It is criminal that this movie didn't win any oscars. Ellen Burstyn and Jared Leto gave unbelievable performances. This movie is incredible.

• Funnyguy

★★★★★ Watched by Funnyguy 09 Sep, 2014 2

It just ended. I dropped one tear from both eyes, something I'm not very proud to admit, and something that has never happend to me before.

"Requiem for a Dream" is a constantly intense film. The correlation between the constantly moving and perfectly performed cinematography, almost making me dizzy at times - and the subtle music, only adding on the perfect climax, constantly.
    And the story - the thematically heavy story, perfectly narrated in the pacing and everything.

The correlation…

• itsrainingfrogs

★★★★★ Watched by itsrainingfrogs 07 Sep, 2014

Requiem for a Dream
    This is an unreviewable film. There's no possible way to explain what it does to you. I can share how I feel following watching it. This will take the place of "5 Great Things".
    1. It's a life-changing, shattering film. Though I've never actually cried during a film before, this is the one time I wish I did.
    2. 4 amazing lead performances. However, Ellen Burstyn takes the prize for possibly the greatest female performance ever.…

• Luísa Paiva

★★★★★ Watched by Luísa Paiva 07 Sep, 2014

There's something about this movie that makes me think about what we should do with our dreams and how much should we give of ourselves to get to it. Can we sacrifice everything? What move us?
    Aronofsky makes us think about ourselves with a beautiful film and great photography. I can tell you I'm in love.