• Mel S

★★★½ Watched by Sam Gielen 01 Sep, 2014

holy fuck.

• EverythingRandP

Added by EverythingRandP

Soooo.. overrated. Shoot me.

• Keegan Bentley

★★★★ Watched by Keegan Bentley 30 Aug, 2014

Drugs are bad. Fuck.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 06 Jul, 2008

Requiem for a Dream is a film that seriously scarred me for life. I shall never forget the extremely shocking (in the best of ways) experience it was when I saw it for the first time. I am completely sure that this film turned out exactly the way Darren Aronofsky envisioned it. There are no missteps, not a single moment in which I could sense even the smallest detail that didn't belong there. This along with its completely mesmerizing intensity…

View

• #DarthVader " Da Swag Sith"

★★★★½ Added by #DarthVader " Da Swag Sith"

Having sex while watching this film was awkward. :|
    #vaderdidnotseethatcoming

• Luan Marconi

★★★★★ Watched by Luan Marconi 26 Aug, 2014

More than a film about drugs, Aronofsky's work deals with the humanity obsession with evasion and the need to fill a void.

• Ali Moneib

★★★★½ Watched by Ali Moneib 30 Jul, 2014

Fresh off the success of his debut feature, Pi, filmmaker Darren Aronofsky returns with the 2000 drama, Requiem for a Dream. Since it's release, Requiem for a Dream has built up a reputation for being one of the most disturbing and hard to get through films of all time. The film does indeed contain scenes which are tough to watch, but it's worth getting through them just to experience the excellent filmmaking displayed by Aronofsky.

The way the film is…

• Fabio Arnold

★★★★ Watched by Fabio Arnold 22 Aug, 2014

Für 2000 ein richtig guter Film.
    Die Drogenszenen die sich immerwiederholen sind toll gemacht, der schnelle Schnitt das Sounddesign und die Wiederholungen sind grandios.
    Auch wenn dem Film irgendwie eine richtige Story fehlt ist er nicynice.

• Jude Seymour

Watched by Jude Seymour 19 Aug, 2001

I sat Dad down with "Requiem For A Dream" tonight, and yeah he thought it was great, but was like, "I can't say thanks for showing it to me, but I'm glad I saw it." which means he found it as depressing as all the rest of us.

• Luke Kane

★★★★★ Added by Luke Kane 2

The seedy underbelly of Brooklyn has never looked as bleak as it does through Aronofsky's lens.

Faithfully adapted from Hubert Selby Jr.'s novel, Leto, Connelly and Wayans are a group of junkies who seize an opportunity to start dealing, which they hope will kick-start a life of financial independence. Leto's mother, a lonely widow addicted to chocolate and trash TV, discovers by an odd set of circumstances that she no longer fits into an old dress that represents the better…

• Christian Kim

★★★★½ Watched by Christian Kim 17 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.