• Tamara Bravo

★★★★½ Watched by Tamara Bravo 26 May, 2015

Uff sin palabras, intensa sobre todo al final. Plagada de sensaciones gracias a la forma de involucrar al espectador con el personaje y su adicción, pasando de la ambición y el efímero éxito, al fracaso, la decadencia, la locura y la tristeza.
    Aronofsky me cautivó una vez más.

• Claudia Rodgers

★★★★ Watched by Claudia Rodgers 25 May, 2015

An amazing and tragic but beautiful piece of film.

• André Pedrassi

★★★★★ Added by André Pedrassi

It is very difficult to find names for the sensations felt while viewing this work.

Difficult also to find names for the sensations felt by the characters in this story.

This is a film not only to observe the behavior of exposed addictions on the scene. The great thing about this movie, is to realize that even showing some extreme of certain addictions, often seeming out of our reality, so little really is. Some acts, some behaviors and some addicts…

• Aditya Gm

★★★★★ Added by Aditya Gm

This film is sometimes so gut wrenching and disturbing that you close one of your eyes, but open the other to see what's going on. This one will haunt your memories for years to come.

• Evan Koch

★★★★★ Added by Evan Koch

I'm not even sure where to begin. It's been ten years since it came out, and in that time, just about every positive thing there is to say about it has been said. It's seminal. It's the archetype for junkie movies now, everybody wants to copy the rapid-fire cutting of the using sequences, not to mention the fish-eye and the extreme unflattering closeup that intensify the sensation of being lit. Some people argue that it's over stylized, that it's borderline…

• Connor Adkins

★★★★ Watched by Connor Adkins 15 May, 2015

84/100

• sven.

★★★★ Watched by sven. 15 May, 2015

aronofsky als zauberkünstler in der szenerie.

er lässt köpfe explodieren und venen pumpen.

er verteilt elektroschocks und pillen für jede farbe im

regenbogen.

alles frisst.

er zeichnet mit spitzem finger menschenhüllen vor das auge,

die bereit sind ihre leere zu füllen.

womit ist egal.

hauptsache man kann sich daran sattessen.

bis zum kollaps.

aronofsky räumt damit den tisch ab, fegt alles weg mit

einer lapidaren handbewegung.

es ist wie es ist.

vom heroingeschwängerten, beschwingtem daseinsgefühl,

hin zum grauen, faden alltag der kettenhunde.

ich zeichne einen kreis.

of sin and sinners.

• Aidan Suleyman

★★½ Watched by Aidan Suleyman 13 May, 2015

not going to lie i did not like this flick.
    the actings was really good but everything else was just eh too me
    i also do enjoy how it got weirder and weirder and that that old ladies arch enemy was her fridge

• Joyce Heinen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joyce Heinen 12 May, 2015 3

Film # 11 of the "Scavenger Hunt #2" Challenge
    Task # 30: A film you wouldn’t watch with your mother
    letterboxd.com/joyceheinen/list/scavenger-hunt-2/ ___________________________________________________________________
    Anyone who has ever seen any of his work, knows what kind of paranoid atmosphere director Darren Aronofsly can create. In “Requiem for a Dream” that paranoia is a so explicit and intense. And that spectacular music by Clint Mansell makes it even more intense.

In ”Requiem for a Dream” Aronofsky uses many techniques: splitscreen, fast cuts, slow…

• stecky87

★★★ Watched by stecky87 12 May, 2015

I'm not sure what to think of this film. It's visually interesting (if unsettling). It shows how drug use (both legal & illegal) destroys the lives of the user & their loved ones. But it feels like it's missing something.
    Maybe it's because I kept comparing it to Trainspotting. Maybe it's because I just don't see in it what everyone else seems to . . .

• COBRARocky

★★ Rewatched by COBRARocky 13 May, 2015 5

• Salt_and_Pepper

★★★★ Added by Salt_and_Pepper

Haunting, uncomfortable and unforgiving - There are few films that could change the way you perceive something so completely. This is one of those.

Honestly, I'd recommend that everyone watch it, if only so we could challenge our minds and embrace an empathy that this film - through it's complex characters, its visual directness and its powerful score - manages to push the boundaries of what addition can really be.

It's a movie I'll never forget.