• eschwa22

★★★★ Added by eschwa22

8/10: ★★★★★★★★☆☆

• Anthony Iessi

★★★★½ Added by Anthony Iessi

For those with a weak stomach, you might as well skip this one. Hands down, no other movie gets more brutal than Requiem for a Dream. Its shocking, cruel and depressing, but it serves an amazing purpose. Drugs kill. Darren Aronofsky knows this far too well, and in effect, he is doing God's work by making this movie. Its an unforgettable experience.

• Lars Sieval

★★★★★ Watched by Lars Sieval 27 Jun, 2015

Wooow. Just woooow.

I don't think I can find the words for this masterpiece made by Darren Aronofsky. It's just so I don't know beautifully scary? The way it's edited, the awesome performances, Marlon Wayans in a serious movie, Ellen Burstyn's scenes where the best, the ugly arm of Jared Leto, Jennifer Connelly is beautiful, those quick bits when they sell or take dope, 1-900-Tappy Tibbons! and so much more!

Another gem in the world of film. A must watch!

• Moe Acharki

★★★★½ Watched by Moe Acharki 26 Jun, 2015

Requiem for a Dream was one of those films where I heard so many great things about and when it came time when I actually watched it, I exceeded my expectations. I was generally in love with this film and couldn't take my eyes of the screen, as it had a dreamish feel to it. It also contains some of the best acting from Jarod Leto, Jennifer Connelly, and Ellen Burstyn. Surprisingly enough, even Marlon Wayans did a great job…

• mennomail

★★★★ Rewatched by mennomail 23 Jun, 2015

Wow, that kicks in every time. Incredible film with amazing pictures and editing. And of course the music is beautifully terrifying. Didn't want to rewatch this one, but I'm so glad I did. Took me 15 years!

• Jacob Willinger

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Willinger 21 Jun, 2015

Best D.A.R.E. commercial ever.

• fightclubitis

★★ Watched by fightclubitis 13 Jun, 2015

Champs-Elysées Film Festival -- TCM Cinema Essentials

hated the way it was filmed. all those rapid short cuts sequences to give rythm to a film that has none.

• Fesapo

★★★★★ Added by Fesapo

96/100

• Imani Chacha

★★★★ Watched by Imani Chacha 22 May, 2015

The last 10 minutes serves as the most terrifying anti-drug PSA of all time and is an absolutely masterful piece of filmmaking. The whole film is great and functions as the perfect outlet for Daren Aronofsky’s unique style.

• Dan Coyne

★★★★ Added by Dan Coyne

very cool and definitely a piece of art that stands on its own- but I'm not sure how i feel about darren aronofsky. also its been years but that ending will stick with me always

• Kyle Hoover

★★★★ Watched by Kyle Hoover 07 Jun, 2015

What a trip. This movie proves there is nothing wrong with heroin.

• Dan Mundell

★★★½ Watched by Dan Mundell 04 Jun, 2015

Film #5 of the "Scavenger Hunt 3" Challenge!
    Task #16. A Psycho-Biddy or Hagsploitation Film!
    letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-3/
    Be excited! Be Be excited!

When I decided to do this scavenger hunt I was so confused on what the hell a Hagsploitation film was, but after doing some research and learning that I could watch a film that has been recommended to me many time I was pretty happy. Also I was extremely happy with the result. This film shows the rollercoaster ride…