• Matt Albino

★★★★½ Watched by Matt Albino 04 May, 2016

That was intense

• Ahmad Salman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ahmad Salman 02 May, 2016

"You'll see already.In the end, it's all nice."

• Carson Hearne

★★★★★ Rewatched by Carson Hearne 01 May, 2016

Showing my other favorite film of all time to my girlfriend. This one was a bad idea, don't show this to someone unless you want to see someone broken down and give them extreme sensory overload. Especially the last sequence, that makes my heart rush like nothing else.

• susantecno

★½ Added by susantecno

33/!00

• qwamwhatimean

★★ Added by qwamwhatimean

A bunch of worst cunts do drugs, the end.

• nikobizzie

★★★★½ Added by nikobizzie

The first movie during which I shed a tear. I was about thirteen when I watched this alone in my parent's living room. They did not forbid me from watching it, though did not want to watch it with me. I figured it was because this movie was awful. I was wrong.
    Christ alive man, don't do heroin. No seriously man don't do it. Shit fucks you up. It'll cost you an arm and a leg too.
    Speed is pretty…

• Schmidt

★★★★★ Added by Schmidt

If you wanna keep your kids from taking drugs. Just show them Requiem for a dream. It'll guaranteely work.

• Isabelle Brandelero

★★★★½ Added by Isabelle Brandelero

pesadíssimo peSADO pesado e triste

• torsten luth

★½ Added by torsten luth

i am sure this is a competent made movie and i know a lot of people who's opinion i respect that speak highly about it.
    I fuckin' hated every second.

• Austin Coates

★★★★★ Watched by Austin Coates 29 Apr, 2016

Fan-fucking-tastic.

• ObiJuanKenobi27

★★★ Watched by ObiJuanKenobi27 28 Apr, 2016

A bit hard to watch, a well made film overall, just not necessarily enjoyable to watch all the way through.

It's got strong direction, the score and quick shots are used effectively to heighten the intensity of the choices/actions the characters take. Not just that, it's just overall very well directed to make you feel like you are in the characters' place.

The characters themselves are good as well. For the most part, you understand where each is coming from…

• Soumit

★★★★½ Added by Soumit

The depressing tone of the movie backed with a haunting soundtrack by Clint Mansell stays with you long after it's over.

Add to that the bravura direction of Aronofsky , the rapid cuts ,the complex shots & Burstyn's performance.

Why the hell did I not watch this movie earlier!