• TopDogMen

★★★★★ Added by TopDogMen

jar ledo is a hero in this

• Jepperd

★★★★ Added by Jepperd 2

Drugs are bad, yo

• thenextreel

★★★★★ Watched by thenextreel 19 Dec, 2014

“I’m somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me."

Phew. This film should be required viewing for all high school seniors. It’s brutal and intense, but also honest and powerful in its depiction of addiction. Join us — Pete Wright and Andy Nelson — as we finish up our series on the immensely gifted actress Ellen Burstyn with Darren Aronofsky’s 2000 film “Requiem for a Dream.” We discuss why this film is so powerful, and what creating a film that goes to…

• Isaiah_Bleu

★★★★★ Watched by Isaiah_Bleu 17 Dec, 2014

When I watched this film I heard it was good, but man I really didn't expect it to impact me as much as it did. Which of course is a good thing. The more I think about it the more I consider this film to be one of my favorites.

• 5imba

★★★★½ Watched by 5imba 15 Dec, 2014

This film goes so deep into the life of addiction, it seems disturbing at times. We all have dead dreams. A dream of a life that we will never be fulfilled.

Simply amazing 8.6/10

• Remaerdami

★★★½ Watched by Remaerdami 14 Dec, 2014

I just finished crying... so all I can say is that it's a good movie which illustrates how one (four in this case) person could be destroyed by something not covered in black holding the last weapon created to erase everything on a 2 miles distance, or a monster with big claws, but an inanimate force that gradually will consume life faster than the dependents consume it.

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 24 Feb, 2011

6/10: A disturbing experimental film by Darren Aronofsky. Don't see this movie unless you're prepared to feel completely drained emotionally.

• Guzco

★★★ Watched by Guzco 13 Dec, 2014

I guess I didn't really "get it." Anyway.

The acting performances all around were really good. I have to also give credit for being one of the most realistic, albeit to an extreme, depictions of the dark descent into drug addiction. I liked a lot of the creative editing to make the viewer disoriented like the characters. Not the easiest watch, there are parts that are extremely weird and possibly disturbing. Pretty interesting movie, but also quite f'ed up and sad.

• MuntazirQasim

★★★★★ Watched by MuntazirQasim 12 Dec, 2014

I love how this is a movie about a bunch of drug addicts but it isn't really a movie about drug addiction but is instead more of a movie about dreams and addiction as a whole.

Of course, the characters are drug addicts, but each one of them has their own dream. Marion wanted happiness and to be loved, Tyrone wanted to impress his mother, Sara wanted not to be lonely, be beautiful and to be on TV and Harry…

• Zich

★★★★★ Added by Zich

An absolute masterpiece

• Hanu

★★ Added by Hanu

everyone told me, this movie would be so sad and dramatic.. but.. nope, it was just boring to me.

• sarahmoyer

★★★★★ Added by sarahmoyer

Loved loved loved loved this. Not sure how or why Ellen Burstyn didn't win the Oscar for her role in this film; that was one of the most amazing characters I have ever seen.