• Ruobing

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ruobing 22 Nov, 2014

I found this film so intensely disturbing that I could not get it out of my head for the past few days ever since I first saw it. The score is just perfect and fits the film in every way and the way each character is spun and characterized gives the viewer an insight that's difficult to forget. I can't quite put my finger on why it is rooting itself so deeply inside of me but I cannot stop thinking about it.

• alexbowley

★★★★½ Added by alexbowley

One of the coolest junky movies. Great music, which is used for everything now. Awesome story that makes you really feel good about life...

• Jim

★★★★ Rewatched by Jim 11 Nov, 2014

If Aronofsky had successfully kept the tone more consistent, I might have considered this to be one of my all-time favorite movies. At the time I saw it, I knew I had witnessed something special and unlike anything I've ever experienced, including my first panic attack. Now that I know what to expect, I'm actually a little perturbed at how far Aronofsky (and Selby, Jr) decides to go. I understand why the final act takes place, to show us the…

• Gabriel Martz

★★★★½ Added by Gabriel Martz

You may think this movie is over rated, but it isn't, go watch it if you haven't.

• Signora Fosca

★★★★ Watched by Signora Fosca 28 Mar, 2014

Talk about a harrowing experience. Less about dreams per se than a steady and frightening look at addiction (but isn't a dream an addiction as well?). The visual style is singular and perfectly suited to the hazy yet terse story. Ellen Burstyn is just sensational, and I mean that in the literal sense.

The last 10 minutes of the film had my heart racing in a way that a film hasn't done in a long time. You can totally see…

• Jesus ortiz

★★★½ Added by Jesus ortiz

Muy intensa, cuando la terminas de ver sientes como si te dieran con un martillo en la cabeza, todo esto en una perspectiva positiva ya que es un buen film, con buenas actuaciones.

• James Healey

★★★★ Watched by James Healey 04 Aug, 2012

Rewatch

• Blake Richardson

★★★★ Watched by Blake Richardson 13 Nov, 2014

For the things that kept taking me out of the film, the fact that my heart was pounding from its stunning conclusion until well after the film had ended shows what powerful storytelling is taking place here.

We start with Summer, and our characters have a sort of depraved hopefulness. We end in Winter which... suffice to say is the opposite of Summer. The brilliance in these characters is that we want them to be happy, we just don't want…

• masharox

★★★★★ Added by masharox

beautiful and creative transitions, the score is terrific!

• Cameron Young Cam I am

★★★★½ Added by Cameron Young Cam I am

This movie is fantastic! I love how it's film and how the story is told.The story is like a hallucination, the characters are at their highest in the beginning but by the end their world is crashing right in front of them as they become more hooked to this drug .The acting is great and it really strengthen the story. Overall I enjoyed Requiem for a Dream.

• Leonardo Moreno

★★½ Watched by Leonardo Moreno 06 Nov, 2014

This one was insane. I'm feeling sick.

• Hyhna

★★★★★ Added by Hyhna

Movie about drugs and dreams. Jared Leto is a great actor and this movie is just right amount of disturbing and heartbreaking