• Bobby Karmi

★★★★ Watched by Bobby Karmi 26 Dec, 2013

An NC-17 rated PSA if there ever was one, Requiem for a Dream is arguably the definitive horror film about addiction in our contemporary world. Featuring amazing performances, especially from Ellen Burstyn, and an incredibly tight script, this film show cases the various ways in which addiction crawls into our lives, from heroin to dieting pills to t.v. shows. The team of Mansell and Libatique works wonders again, producing the perfect mix of sound and visual. One of the most intense films I've ever seen, comes highly recommended.

• andrewtgates

★★★★★ Added by andrewtgates

I'm not sure if I'll ever want to watch this film again, but I have to give it 5 stars simply because it's an absolute force of nature that disturbed and rearranged my guts in a way no other film has. I'm not even sure I can say I enjoyed watching it, but watching it was a singular, powerful event which will forever stick with me, and for that, it's one of the greatest films I've ever witnessed.

• andyjspyros

★★★ Added by andyjspyros

Double dildo
    Be excited

• tskimmett

★★★★½ Added by tskimmett

• Jye Briscoe

★★★½ Watched by Jye Briscoe 26 Feb, 2015

This is the most feel-good film for the entire family that I have seen in recent times!

But really, Requiem for a Dream is definitely one of the most jarring and disturbing movies I've watched lately. Watching these characters on their descent into addiction was a tough watch.

As much as I liked this film, it's not one I think I'll be revisiting any time soon.

• Michael Stuhlman

★★½ Added by Michael Stuhlman

I've softened to the film a bit over the years. The films flaws still get to me though. Mainly the fact that this film is a hardcore worst case scenario that makes a horrific nightmare scape out of drug use. Now I'm not condoning hard drugs like heroin but come on, the chances of your arm getting as fucked up as Letos is minimal. Even if this sort of thing did happen on a regular basis it's hard to believe…

• Zirkzank Xyphrolenmir

★★ Watched by Zirkzank Xyphrolenmir 23 Feb, 2015

Found the film to be boring and mildly stressful to watch.
    I get that's the idea, but it wasn't enjoyable. So I have to rate it low for not being a good use of time.

• Eingi Oliveros

★★★ Added by Eingi Oliveros

Como amante de las peliculas psicologicas (psychological drama film) esta me dejo complacida, los personajes con grandes ambiciones recaen en vicios cliches del dia a dia, mostrando crudamente las consecuencias de los mismos.

• Silent J

★★★★★ Rewatched by Silent J 21 Feb, 2015

It's been a really long time since I've seen this movie.
    Three things I noticed this time around:

One: Jared Leto's kind of gives a shitty performance.
    Ok, maybe "shitty" is a little harsh. He's decent at best, but that NY accent has got to go. It's atrocious.

Two: I think the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack might have the greatest soundtrack I've ever heard on film.

Three: Never was I more scared of a refrigerator than I was while…

• Justin

★★★ Watched by Justin 22 Feb, 2015

Waaaay too far man.

• mist

★★★★★ Added by mist

It's a love it or hate it! I'm always gonna have this movie in my mind. It'll never leave me. It has destroyed me in a great way. A movie that'll have you explode with emotions. It made my brain want to escape my skull and bounce all over the walls.

• Matthew Saponar