• Kristen McLaughlin

★★★★ Watched by Kristen McLaughlin 04 Sep, 2015

This movie, fudge, this movie was the most heart wrenching and depressing this I have seen. It hit me so hard that I wasn't happy for days. It was so well made that I felt with each character on their journeys. There was also no relief at the end, you just get stabbed in the heart and left to bleed out.

• OpticPotato

★★★★★ Watched by OpticPotato 28 Nov, 2015

Breathtaking. Incredible movie, great score, amazing actors and strong message. I expected something good but this movie blew me away.

• CutTheBlueWire

★★★★ Added by CutTheBlueWire

One of the strongest pieces of anti-drug film I have seen, the only film that has made me feel physically sick. Aronosfky and Matthew Libatique's creative cinematography enthralls the viewer in this dark thriller-horror painting a morbid picture of addiction in many forms.

• Amanda Kosciousko

★★★½ Added by Amanda Kosciousko

after watching this movie i can't even touch the flinstones vitamin c

• Ed Glendenning

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ed Glendenning 23 Nov, 2015

Requiem for a Dream, is laden with youthful energy & excitement that drugs you into the abyss of deepest despair.

• Chris Day

★½ Rewatched by Chris Day 21 Nov, 2015 1

A depressing and uneven overdramatic film that is a complete assualt to real addicts who can relate to this type of subject. Darren Arofosnsky is a visually stunning director but this is too much and loses it touch still to this day.

• Anders Devine

★★★★½ Added by Anders Devine

This movie's only flaw is that I don't think I could ever watch it again.

• Hugo Burns

★★★★ Watched by Hugo Burns 14 Nov, 2015

Don't do drugs.

• Jacob van Pelt

★★★★★ Watched by Jacob van Pelt 13 Nov, 2015

I am speechless. This film absolutely blew me away on every level, where do I even start? Ok, the character development is hands down the best I've ever seen as we witness a group of normal teenagers just trying to have fun, slowly destroy their bodies and mental state through their drug addictions and we as an audience get to watch their characters slowly corrode throughout the film until theyre almost unrecogniseable from their first state. Not to mention one…

• HP_Lovecat

★★ Rewatched by HP_Lovecat 12 Nov, 2015 1

A very faithful (if not cartoonish) adaptation of those warnings you'd see on a cigarette pack, in all of its bias and depth. It gets generosity points for the skillful editing and Clint Mansell's harrowing score, even if they contribute to the problem.

Next time, I want to watch a film about humans; not models that only encompass the ridiculously deterministic and behaviouristic main points of a public service announcement.

I was consistently reminded of those "You wouldn't download a car" advertisements for piracy when watching this. It's a drag....geddit? Lul. Drugs.

Are bad.

• Christopher Haskell

★★★½ Watched by Christopher Haskell 29 Dec, 2013

Proving almost immediately in his career that he had a distinct eye for the surreal, Darren Aronofsky set the stage for his legacy with one of his first films, the unforgettable "Requiem For A Dream". Starring the ultra talented Jared Leto as the lead, Harry, his performance offers up one of the many best of his career. In fact, the entire cast produces award worthy performances, including a serious turn from Marlon Wayans and from Jennifer Connolly. But the Oscar…

• Wen

★★½ Added by Wen

She just wanted to be on television