• Chris Allred

★★★★½ Added by Chris Allred

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Tarantino's first film is also one of his best, with fantastic performances all across the map. Also, Freddy Newendyke is one of the greatest double crossers in film history, alongside Lando Calrissian and Dudley Smith!

• Andrew McMahon

★★★★½ Added by Andrew McMahon

It is crazy that Tarantino's directorial debut was this good. Reservoir Dogs immediately established Tarantino's signature style and it is a fantastic heist film where we never even see the actual heist.

• Losa

★★★½ Watched by Losa 30 Jun, 2015

late to the party

• Joel Clark

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Clark 30 Jun, 2015

Checked in to this once already but... i have to say it again. Most intense final sequence of events, in cinematic history hands down.

• Ben

★★★★½ Watched by Ben 29 Jun, 2015 3

What do you think of when you hear Quentin Tarantino? Ultra-violence? Pulp Fiction? Samuel L. Jackson? "Witty" dialogue? I wouldn't be able to tell you. While his directorial debut certainly shares a resemblance to the madness about to come, Reservoir Dogs chooses to keep it real and stray away from the tasty burgers and constantly sarcastic dialogue. If those are his trademarks, than I'll take this brilliantly crafted crime-thriller any day. Because no offense, but the last thing I would've…

• Mason

★★★★ Added by Mason

The Quentin-sential Tarantino movie, and one of his best at that. As for almost any Tarantino movie, his great quick-paced dialog and snarky characters are what make this movie stand out and make it fun and exciting.
    (Also: genuinely the gayest movie I've ever seen, would especially recommend to all Brokeback Mountain fans.)

• eschwa22

½ Added by eschwa22

1/10: ★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

• Matt Walker

★★★★ Added by Matt Walker

It too me a while to get around this time and I really enjoyed its deconstruction of the heist movie by focusing on everything else around it. It boasts a great cast and its for sure one of the best first films by a director ever.

• Noah Champagne

★★★★½ Watched by Noah Champagne 22 Jun, 2015

Reservoir Dogs is one of those films that is highly regarded, but is definitely is not for all people. It began spectacularly with a combination Madonna/Tipping discussion over breakfast that was very realistic and relatable. The plot was very unique, and constantly grabbed your attention. It played out very well in a jumble of mixed stories, that at times became confusing, but very enjoyable. The end to the plot was satisfactory and had closure to it. As previously mentioned, the…

• Kikuchisawa

★★½ Watched by Kikuchisawa 24 Jun, 2015

I respect it for trying something new, but it's just not fun to watch, and there's just not enough strong material. The performances are good, though.

• JerrysGold

★★★★ Rewatched by JerrysGold 19 Aug, 2014

Reservoir Dogs is an amazing heist movie, also it was only Quentin Tarantino's first. Reservoir Dogs is a heist movie, one of the best. The cast Tarantino gathered are all great. From Madsen to Buscemi, everyone works great. This is in my top three favorite Tarantino movies. Love it.

• Konstantin

★★★★ Added by Konstantin

Really good storytelling, feels very much like a great compact short story. If the performances were a bit stronger, the start of the movie was a bit faster and it had had maybe two more small action scenes this one would have been a perfect classic.