• BifGorald

★★★½ Watched by BifGorald 23 Jul, 2014

Sobrevalorada

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 23 Jul, 2014

1992's Reservoir Dogs Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because It Turned 20 Years Old In 2012.

• Suzanne Moses

★½ Watched by Suzanne Moses 22 Jul, 2014

Alas, while I can appreciate the ideas behind Tarintino's work - I just can't enjoy or connect with it. I think this was my last try.

• TheGiantClaw

★★★★★ Rewatched by TheGiantClaw 22 Jul, 2014

Quentin Tarantino has been widely known as one of the most influential directors of the last 25 years, and with good reason. His unorthodox and yet creative directing and writing style has made him an icon of independent film making. And it all started twenty-two years ago with a little heist film.

Reservoir Dogs is by far the most unique heist film of all time, and one of the most unique of the last over two decades. It's not as…

• Paul Boyne

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Boyne 03 Sep, 2012

The “commode story” sequence is a great example of elliptical storytelling, because we move from scenes of Roth working on his delivery to the visualization of the event without going over anything a second time. It’s also a great piece of filmmaking. I still marvel at the intensity of the story’s climax, despite the fact that, for one thing, Mr. Orange is simply recounting what already happened, and for another, well, it never actually happened at all. The audience already…

• Seth

★★★★ Watched by Seth 11 Jul, 2014

Despite being very violent, Reservoir Dogs did not seem gratuitous, but rather so believable I were sucked into the story completely. The pacing of the script and actors' performances were also both incredible. One of the best crime films i've ever seen. It's worth noting that the film was made totally independently of the Hollywood establishment for just 1.2 million dollars... so between the film being that cheap, that independent, and the debut film of Tarantino... count me impressed!

• Cameron Morewood

★★★½ Rewatched by Cameron Morewood 17 Jul, 2014

Thought I'd re-watch this. It gets constant praise and I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Reservoir Dogs is a good, wholly original film no doubt. But I tend to disagree with those who's stance states Tarantino's debut is an all-time great and one of the very best films of the 1990's as a decade. That I believe is a stretch. Reservoir Dogs is Tarantino's flawed, but necessary experiment. There isn't a doubt in my mind that his…

• Tatiana

★★½ Watched by Tatiana 17 Jul, 2014

Don't hate me but I don't see why everyone loves this movie. Everything else I've seen from Tarantino is better than this.
    It was good but not THAT good.

• Margaret

★★★★★ Watched by Margaret 13 Jun, 2014

The only movie that could make the consequences of a heist seem more fascinating than the heist itself.

A very, very good movie.

• Jabberwocky

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jabberwocky 16 Jul, 2014

I've watched every Tarantino so many times that I could really immitate the characters and remember by heart the lines. I'm just loving his films... that's all! And after re-watching this for... I don't know... I can't even count the times I watched it, I just have to say that this shit is my favorite film of all!
    It is FUCKING AMAZING, I mean... I can't even describe how much I love Tarantino and appreciate his work. Definately my favorite director from this era. "Reservoir Dogs" is amazing in every angle and in every possible way. The actors, the emotions, the plot!

• Falo

★★★★½ Added by Falo

Better than Inglorious Basterds, not as good as Pulp Fiction.
    After years and years without watching this movie, I decided to give it another go. It totally paid off, because it's Tarantino at his best. Bloody messy fights, overwhelming dialogues, and pure entertainment from beginning to end.
    You got to appreciate the massive effort this movie was, moreover thinking that this was the debut of Tarantino as a solo director.

• Jake Strunk

★★ Added by Jake Strunk

A sadistic chamber piece. As with all Tarantino movies, it can just be described as, "not Pulp Fiction."