• walterwhite413

★★★★½ Watched by walterwhite413 08 Mar, 2013

Tarantino's first film is also his first masterpiece, one of the defining crime thrillers of the 90's. A superb cast, a darkly hilarious script and many chilling and entertaining sequences are all factors in Tarantino's brilliant primer to his next film, one of the greatest in cinematic history.

Grade: A

• William Beattie

★★★½ Added by William Beattie

Whelp, I guess you're not gonna be okay. One of those films that is shot in mainly one location and performs it perfectly. I'm a sucker for films that can hold their own in one location or a small cast, I feel like it holds more integrity and with that much story it keeps you guessing. Watch this if you like good twists and great casting.

• Robbie Owen

★★★★ Watched by Robbie Owen 30 Jul, 2014

Quentin Tarantino could continue making films for 200 more years, and he'll never do anything quite as good as the Stuck in the Middle With You scene ever again.

• Luke

★★★ Watched by Luke 26 Feb, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• cronic

★★★★ Added by cronic

8/10

• maho002

★★★★ Added by maho002

nothing but great dialogue that draws you in the whole way through *FULLSTOP*

• Katrinnn

★★★★★ Added by Katrinnn

My favourite Tarantino movie

• Stefan Griens

★★★★½ Rewatched by Stefan Griens 06 Jul, 2014

Crime drama. Tarantino's directorial debut and instantly he has a fully worked out style, based on long monologues disguised as dialogues and brutal action with nods to the entire cinematic history thrown in for good measure. He doesn't have complete control over the actors here, but still manages to produce something pretty incredible the first time out.

• Simon Massey

★★★★ Rewatched by Simon Massey 28 Jul, 2014

Tarantino’s debut is still one of his best films. The opening sequence has been often imitated and referenced, but it does showcase Tarantino’s use of banter, natural dialogue and pop culture to bring his characters to life. Here it works well, immediately giving the audience a sense of all the important personalities within the film and the relationships between them. By dropping us into the aftermath of the heist, the film’s strength is in the use of flashback to build…

• Ms_Coen

★★★★ Watched by Ms_Coen 27 Jul, 2014

Film Challenge

What I find most impressive about Reservoir Dogs is that Tarantino creates something vivid out of a narrative that's been done to death. He structures the story around the aftermath of the jewelry heist, keeping the adrenaline pumping as the characters (well, what's left of them) try to figure out the next step. The opening scene provides a great juxtaposition for everything that follows; the characters, once united around the table, are now all over the map. The…

• SJHoneywell

★★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

The older I get,
    The less I like this movie.
    It's good...to a point.

• Kurt Fabisch

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kurt Fabisch 25 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.