• Peter Scurr

Watched by Peter Scurr 21 Aug, 2015

A very neat film with a great central concept - good to see how the different character types dealt with the pressure they were each under.

• Ryan Higginbotham

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Higginbotham 30 Aug, 2015

Quentin Tarantino's directorial debut still holds up to this day as one of the best debuts of a filmmaker in Hollywood.

Check out the full review here!: www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ZpIxTorYk

• stevenedwards

★★★★½ Rewatched by stevenedwards 30 Aug, 2015

Still fantastic with the firecracker script by Tarantino, and a much better directed film than I had remembered. He really has style and makes distinctive choices throughout that show he has influences and wants to have the camera be a part of the action.

• Joel Vered

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Vered 30 Aug, 2015

Amazing performances, entertaining as hell, even if it only runs on dialogue. Suspenseful, and the best heist movie where you don't see the heist.

• Andrew

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew 29 Aug, 2015

Second viewing. It drags just enough to keep it from being better than Pulp Fiction. I think by that time Tarantino had a better handle on pacing, but this movie is so uninhibited and brazen that it holds a special place for me and I can't pick between the two.

Michael Madsen is perfect. You couldn't ask a guy to give a creepier, more appropriate performance. He's quite good in Kill Bill too, but this is the very best I've seen of him. That's my biggest takeaway this time.

• Mr. Film

★★★★★ Watched by Mr. Film 29 Aug, 2015

Fast paced, stylish, shocking, well written and brilliantly directed, Tarantino's first film is a true masterpiece.

• Reint

★★★★★ Rewatched by Reint 28 Aug, 2015

"This ain't a goddamn city council meeting, you know?"

• Kevin White

★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin White 28 Aug, 2015

Spoilers for a movie over 20 years old ahead.

When I was in high school, I had two full-sized posters on my bedroom wall: the cover of The Clash's London Calling -- featuring the iconic image of Paul Simonon smashing his guitar -- and the promotional poster of the film Reservoir Dogs. OK, so maybe it's a bit cliche, but I was a kid whose tastes in music and film were expanding, and I was proud of my decorative choices.…

• Carolin

★★★½ Watched by Carolin 28 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Fuckin' scared, man, and fuckin' dyin' here

• BlacktusJack

★★★★ Watched by BlacktusJack 20 Aug, 2015

You're left wondering what's going on at the beginning, to being totally engrossed by the end. Tarantino's non-linear approach to telling a story is about as great here as it was in Pulp Fiction, it unfolds the tale of the gang masterfully.

The only thing I didn't really like was how I had to rewind and put subtitles on to hear what was said at the end, it sounded like a mishmash of grunts and sounds rather than dialogue. Maybe I wasn't focusing enough, or maybe my headphones were too quiet, but it was hard to make out at first.

• EnteredTheVoid

★★★★★ Rewatched by EnteredTheVoid 26 Aug, 2015

It's hard to believe this was Tarantino's debut picture. He is so confident behind the lens in every shot, even on camera he just fits the bill perfectly. How he got all those actors to perform for him, I'll never know. Never gets old, the soundtrack, the dialogue, the brutal violence, from start to finish, its perfect.

• Ali