• SaneSide

★★★★½ Rewatched by SaneSide 04 May, 2016

Not much can be said about Reservoir Dogs that hasn't been said already. It's brilliant. Watch it.

• thefemalebat

★★½ Watched by thefemalebat 06 May, 2016

Following from the trend of gangsters, set by the first film in my self-film education, I now visited Quentin Tarantino's directorial debut: Reservoir Dogs, a film I'd yet to have watched from beginning to end before now. What can I say about this reddit-lauded, internet praised film?

Reservoir Dogs is a film that could've been great if not for flaws which restricted it from fulfilling it's full potential: for there are likeable elements that exist in the movie. This is…

• SLionsCricket

★★★★½ Rewatched by SLionsCricket 05 Jan, 2016

Few filmmakers have displayed quite the level of confidence that Quentin Tarantino did with Reservoir Dogs, a film that would play a role in creating a new feel to the cinematic experience. Full of fun and hilarious dialogue, that offers its fair share of insight, Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs manages to tell a fairly compelling story of loyalty and paranoia in such a tight manner. Riveting for most of its briskly paced 99 minutes, Reservoir Dogs absolutely holds up as one of the finest films of director Quentin Tarantino. It's his most simple, and easily one of his most effective.

• Jamie Ensor

★★★★½ Watched by Jamie Ensor 03 May, 2016

Absolutely engaging from the first scene, this beautifully directed and poetically written film presents a simple premise in a confrontational and insightful manner. Tarantino masterfully digs into each character in bold ways, and though some of the vulgar is unecessary, this dialogue driven film speaks volumes for the power of storytelling, a masterpiece in representing pop culture society and criminality. There are some instances where the film gets lost in exposition or character backstory, but this does little to detract…

• Annie Heaslet

★★★★★ Added by Annie Heaslet

Damn!!
    Was NOT expecting that to happen there in the end.
    Anyway, wonderfully done movie. Very artsy, as you would expect from Tarantino, but in a way that is actually pretty easy to follow. This movie had me smiling, cringing, and completely heartbroken by the end.

I was going to take away half a star that it deserves because I just did not dig the end, but then I thought about how if this movie is able to make me…

• Srijith Nair

★★★★ Rewatched by Srijith Nair 02 May, 2016

84/100
    "If you shoot this man, you die next. Repeat. If you shoot this man, you die next."
    Tarantino, in Reservoir Dogs, has made a nihilist comedy about how human nature will always undercut the best-laid plans.

• maggie 🐷

★★★★★ Rewatched by maggie 🐷 30 Apr, 2016

me: quentin tarantino can rest easy knowing that he's made the best romance film of all time

my friend: rest easy? is he dead?

• samantha

★★★★★ Rewatched by samantha 30 Apr, 2016 3

we all know larry and freddy were fucking but can we please talk about mr blonde and nice guy eddie

• Sadsharks

★★★★★ Watched by Sadsharks 29 Apr, 2016

Very surprised to find I liked this even more than Pulp Fiction. That might have to do with the fact that I've seen Pulp Fiction two or three times and still can't remember what exactly happens in the middle. I'm even more surprised to find that I think my preference for this one is almost entirely derived from the lengthy Mr. Orange flashback, perhaps because every single other scene had already been spoiled by various memes and references through the years.

• kat

★★★★ Added by kat

I wish I wasn't mildly bored by the first and second act because the third act had me bolt upright. excellent ending. tim roth and steve buschemi kill it.

• Tyler Hillis

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Hillis 10 Apr, 2016

Ah, one of Tarantino's very best. I think Reservoir Dogs in particular has some of the best dialogue of all his films. Even though it's a film revolving around a robbery gone bad, it manages to focus more on the interactions between the characters than on the action of said robbery.

It begins with a classic 'In Media Res' start, placing the audience in the middle of the action without much context to what is happening and who the characters…

• Hugo

★★★★ Watched by Hugo 26 Apr, 2016

I'm the biggest (and ostensibly, only) détester of Quentin Tarantino's work that I know personally. But his style and dialogue certainly does try its hardest to make me ignore his leech-like scholarship of world cinema. There's a difference between homage and rehashing, and Tarantino stands right in the middle of that line.