• Eduardo Bolzan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Eduardo Bolzan 28 Feb, 2015 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Mr. Brown: Eu digo sobre o que se trata "Like a Virgin": É sobre uma garota que transa o tempo todo. Manhã, tarde, noite... Pau, pau, pau, pau, pau, pau! [...]
    Então um dia ela conheçe um cara bem dotado, como Charles Bronson em "A Grande Escapada".
    Pela primeira vez ela sente o que nunca sentiu: Dor. Dor. Ele a machuca. E não deveria doer, já que ela já transou muito. Mas quando eles transam, dói, tanto quanto doeu da…

• Cavin Hawkins

★★★★ Watched by Cavin Hawkins 26 Feb, 2015 3

This movie caught me off guard. It's probably the least "gangster" gangster movie I've seen. In the first 10 minutes, you're thrown into a situation and that you don't really understand, and are forced to figure out along with the characters throughout the film. Solid acting all around, especially great performance from Steve Buscemi (the best I've seen by him). Overall a solid Tarantino film.

• PopsiclePete

★★★★ Added by PopsiclePete

I mean I know what I'm gonna get going into a Tarantino movie but I wish there was something more going on here I guess. It's a neat story and it's well told and I guess that's all we're supposed to ask for.

• Cinematic Justice

★★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 31 Mar, 2009

Tarantino's first film contains many elements you'll certainly recognize from his later films, and while I certainly understand why it's thought of so highly I have to confess I'm not as fond of it as I am with others. The no-frills approach to violence has always been a hallmark of his films, but here more than elsewhere it feels like the violence is an end unto itself. Nevertheless, the writing is sharp, and you probably don't need any assurances from me about the filmmaking on a Tarantino project.

• femmevirago

★★★½ Watched by femmevirago 24 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

It's not my favorite Tarantino film but I did enjoy myself the whole way through. As always with Tarantino's films, I loved the dialogue. There's always something raw and real about the conversations, like the conversation about Madonna's "Like A Virgin" in the beginning. My main complaint is that I didn't feel attached to any of the characters. None of them really stuck out to me and I couldn't pick a favorite because none of them seemed remarkable enough.

• JohnStoppable

★★★★½ Watched by JohnStoppable 24 Feb, 2015

When crooks get caught in the crossfire deception feels like a shot to the guy and loyalty is a deathtrap

Very neat
    Loved the way it was told

• ConnerRWood

★★★★★ Rewatched by ConnerRWood 21 Feb, 2015

Probably the best directorial debut from a masterful director. Brilliant acting and storytelling.

• Chase Eiland

★★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 09 Sep, 2014

Cult classic violent heist film with insanity in spades.

• Adam

★★★★★ Added by Adam

Recently saw this for the first time, by far my second favorite Tarantino movie. Reminds me of something my friends and I would make (in a good way)!

• m_jennings9

★★★★½ Watched by m_jennings9 20 Feb, 2015

The expertly fractured and paced narrative takes an alternate, fresh view on a tired genre. Does anything need to be said about the ceaselessly entertaining, original, witty, vernacular-ized yet stylized dialogue that Tarantino generously indulges us with? He has a brilliant eye for casting and is able to coax the best out of his (admittedly, typically great) actors leading to powerful performances and his dialogue made effortless. His song selection is inspired. He has a knack for crafting just, for…

• alexmalai

★★★★ Watched by alexmalai 18 Feb, 2015

Si la violencia está justificada y está bien usada es maravillosa verla en pantalla. Eso sucede en "Reservoir Dogs" y en todas las películas de Tarantino.

• Jeremie Watson

★★★★★ Added by Jeremie Watson

Honestly, one of the most dialogue driven masterpieces of a film.