• Bailee

½ Watched by Bailee 19 May, 2015

I got 23 minutes in before I had to turn it off. A literal pile of trash.

• Chris Ward

★½ Watched by Chris Ward 17 May, 2015

I'm not sure what I was expecting but this was very disappointing and made the Pamela Springsteen sequels look like Friday the 13th.

• Peter Gatt

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Gatt 29 Apr, 2015 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Lighting farts. "No YOU shut up". Fat bully with strange nose. Cop with no larynx. "Hey Randy, your ass stinks". "Move it Fatty, Fat Fat". Issac Hayes as Chef. Throwing eggs. Frogs. Cook drowned in hot oil. Rolling joints. Testicles being grabbed. "Your ass stinks". Cow shit joints. Mouth full of gasoline. Boy on fire. Back story exposition. "Let go you big Lesbo". "Hey Bella, your ass stinks". Paintball. More Frogs. Matilda the bird says "your ass stinks". Wedgie. Spit…

• Mr. DuLac

★½ Watched by Mr. DuLac 28 Apr, 2015 8

Are you really that stupid?
    -Randy

For the 25th anniversary of the original Sleepaway Camp, it's writer/director, Robert Hiltzik, returns to the franchise and brings along a few familiar faces from the original film for good measure. That's me trying to put a good spin on this.

The truth is that the film only came out for the original's 25th anniversary by pure coincidence as it was actually filmed in 2003 but it's release kept being pushed back because of…

• Steven Millan

Watched by Steven Millan 13 Apr, 2015

After two mid-to-late 80s Straight-To-VHS Video Pamela Springsteen starring sequels,the first film's creator/filmmaker Robert Hiltzik returns to lense his own very sequel,which is truly awful in every way possible as another killer stalks the title camp grounds while annoying fat kid Alan(Michael Gibney) attempts to score with the camp's major hot chick(Erin Broderick) while being endlessly harassed and taunted by the camp's many male teens that happily call him(and endlessly shout) "Blowjob" as he screams,"Leave me alone !! Leaaaavvveeee meeeee…

• Adam Waldowski

★★★½ Watched by Adam Waldowski 27 Mar, 2015

Return to Sleepaway Camp is hysterical and outrageous enough to be mistaken for a John Waters comedy instead of Robert Hiltzik's follow-up to his solemn 1983 original. Every line reading of the mean-spirited dialogue is at a fever pitch, which deprives it of any sting and makes this a zany parable about bullying. Michael Gibney and Shahidah McIntosh give such exhausting, extraordinary comic performances, I'd give them awards if I could.

64/100

• Timothy Bartolini

★½ Watched by Timothy Bartolini 27 Feb, 2015

In the great tradition of old school slasher films, Return to Sleepaway Camp wants to keep it's killer a mystery until the very end and boy did they blow it. I mean... wow.

I don't give spoilers in my "reviews" so feel free to read on.

I'm no movie sleuth. I don't try to read into every scene and predict endings. I just relax and try to enjoy the film and enjoy everything as it is presented to me during…

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 16 Nov, 2008

Incredibly weird sequel to the 1983 classic. Really feels  like a movie you would have found late night on cable in the 1980s.

• Ky Sweet

★★★★ Watched by Ky Sweet 18 Jan, 2015

I was pleasantly surprised with this film. I didn't expect much from a 2008 film that's a sequel to an 80's franchise as well as being the 5th instalment. But I had a lot of fun with it, it's funny, well acted, some good kills and the special effects are all practical and look great. It really feels like an 80's film witch is hard to do these days. Just a really enjoyable low budget horror movie. Now if my…

• Grimbo

★★½ Watched by Grimbo 17 Oct, 2014

Halloween Horror 2014 No.15

Oops, I think I may have missed a Sleepaway Camp instalment from the 90s, ah well never mind.

I fully expected to hate this but it maintained the feel of the early ones and I actually kinda enjoyed it.

It features a really annoying lummox who is bullied constantly for about 40 minutes, but to be honest, he doesn't really help himself.

Also features some really complicated kill scenes like penis decapitation.

The ending was a throwback and I really liked it!

• Joe DiCanio

½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 26 Jul, 2013

Rating: D-

• Matt Fisher

★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 13 Aug, 2014

Really angry. The lead (I hesitate to say protagonist) for most of the film is a hate-filled overweight teen taking out his anxieties on everyone around him and everyone around him dishing it out better than he does. The acrimony has really nothing to do with the plot other than depicting teens being teens, which is a holdover from the original, but does so in a THE ROOM style of baffling emotional incoherence. It does manage to work away from that in the long run, but still, it was a lot of anger and hate to deal with right off the bat.