• Grimbo

★★½ Watched by Grimbo 17 Oct, 2014

Halloween Horror 2014 No.15

Oops, I think I may have missed a Sleepaway Camp instalment from the 90s, ah well never mind.

I fully expected to hate this but it maintained the feel of the early ones and I actually kinda enjoyed it.

It features a really annoying lummox who is bullied constantly for about 40 minutes, but to be honest, he doesn't really help himself.

Also features some really complicated kill scenes like penis decapitation.

The ending was a throwback and I really liked it!

• Joe DiCanio

½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 26 Jul, 2013

Rating: D-

• Matt Fisher

★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 13 Aug, 2014

Really angry. The lead (I hesitate to say protagonist) for most of the film is a hate-filled overweight teen taking out his anxieties on everyone around him and everyone around him dishing it out better than he does. The acrimony has really nothing to do with the plot other than depicting teens being teens, which is a holdover from the original, but does so in a THE ROOM style of baffling emotional incoherence. It does manage to work away from that in the long run, but still, it was a lot of anger and hate to deal with right off the bat.

• Kyle Porter

★★★ Rewatched by Kyle Porter 07 Jun, 2014

I love how everyone hates on this movie so much. Sure, it's not the best of the series, but it's still really fun. And I think it's cool to see characters feom the original film return, and not just for a cameo. The kills are pretty cool, the acting isn't too bad, the plot is okay. I think it's a fun little entry. It's always nice to see the original Angela Baker make a return. I will admit one thing though... the main character, Alan, is one of the most annoying characters in film history, in my opinion.

• Z-portal

★½ Watched by Z-portal 16 Apr, 2014

I enjoyed the original Sleepaway Camp films for their cheesiness (yes, even the second and third movies) but this movie failed to deliver, even on the cheap laughs. The kid that gets picked on by everyone is hard to feel bad for because he comes off like a whiny douchebag himself. He's getting picked on by the rest of the kids and you start to feel bad for him, but then he turns around and starts pulling little girls' hair.…

• LaHainefilmgoer Papas

★★★ Added by LaHainefilmgoer Papas

A SO BAD IT'S GOOD ENTRY TO THE CULT CLASSIC SERIES. Yes the characters with the exception of Karen, Alan's stepbrother, Petey, Ronnie, Bella, Ricky and Angela are loathsome because they're vile and mean-spirited but they're supposed to be. The acting is bad but it's supposed to be but hey the death scenes are good and the film does have it's hilarious moments so bravo Mr. Hiltzik you brought us your first so bad it's good movie.

• Edgars Pavlovics

Added by Edgars Pavlovics

I guess I can give a half a star for that unexpected plot twist at the end.
    Still horribly produced.

• Dayna Newman

★★★★ Added by Dayna Newman

I was thrilled to hear they were making Return To Sleepaway Camp partly because some of the essential original cast are reprising their roles ,such as Jonathan Tierston as Ricky ,Paul DeAngelo as Ronnie and Felissa Rose as Angela.

The original is a favorite retro slasher of mine.Like I stated please don't waste your time on the other so called sequels because this is really the only one that is worthy and takes you straight from point A to point…

• Freddie Young

Added by Freddie Young

If you're curious about RETURN TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP, stop. Unless you want to see a really bad installment of a cult franchise that left me really disappointed and aggravated, skip this return visit and forget this film even exists. Other than the death scenes, RETURN TO SLEEPAWAY CAMP is a waste of time, money, and energy. One of the worst horror films of 2008 and it hurts me to even write that.

• Leo

½ Watched by Leo 18 Apr, 2013

why?

• HotDonkeyBear

Watched by HotDonkeyBear 19 Feb, 2013 2

Fucking abysmal.

Not even "so bad it's good".

An insult to the senses. I'm disappointed at myself for the time I've wasted watching it.

I'd rather eat a poo sandwich than watch this film ever again.

• Scott Audetat

★★½ Added by Scott Audetat

They really lost the magic with this one. They return to the more serious tone with a few survivors of the original film returning but the end is a mess and the killer is dead obvious.