• Steven Millan

Watched by Steven Millan 13 Apr, 2015

After two mid-to-late 80s Straight-To-VHS Video Pamela Springsteen starring sequels,the first film's creator/filmmaker Robert Hiltzik returns to lense his own very sequel,which is truly awful in every way possible as another killer stalks the title camp grounds while annoying fat kid Alan(Michael Gibney) attempts to score with the camp's major hot chick(Erin Broderick) while being endlessly harassed and taunted by the camp's many male teens that happily call him(and endlessly shout) "Blowjob" as he screams,"Leave me alone !! Leaaaavvveeee meeeee…

• Adam Waldowski

★★★½ Watched by Adam Waldowski 27 Mar, 2015

Return to Sleepaway Camp is hysterical and outrageous enough to be mistaken for a John Waters comedy instead of Robert Hiltzik's follow-up to his solemn 1983 original. Every line reading of the mean-spirited dialogue is at a fever pitch, which deprives it of any sting and makes this a zany parable about bullying. Michael Gibney and Shahidah McIntosh give such exhausting, extraordinary comic performances, I'd give them awards if I could.

64/100

• Timothy Bartolini

★½ Watched by Timothy Bartolini 27 Feb, 2015

In the great tradition of old school slasher films, Return to Sleepaway Camp wants to keep it's killer a mystery until the very end and boy did they blow it. I mean... wow.

I don't give spoilers in my "reviews" so feel free to read on.

I'm no movie sleuth. I don't try to read into every scene and predict endings. I just relax and try to enjoy the film and enjoy everything as it is presented to me during…

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 16 Nov, 2008

Incredibly weird sequel to the 1983 classic. Really feels  like a movie you would have found late night on cable in the 1980s.

• Ky Sweet

★★★★ Watched by Ky Sweet 18 Jan, 2015

I was pleasantly surprised with this film. I didn't expect much from a 2008 film that's a sequel to an 80's franchise as well as being the 5th instalment. But I had a lot of fun with it, it's funny, well acted, some good kills and the special effects are all practical and look great. It really feels like an 80's film witch is hard to do these days. Just a really enjoyable low budget horror movie. Now if my…

• Grimbo

★★½ Watched by Grimbo 17 Oct, 2014

Halloween Horror 2014 No.15

Oops, I think I may have missed a Sleepaway Camp instalment from the 90s, ah well never mind.

I fully expected to hate this but it maintained the feel of the early ones and I actually kinda enjoyed it.

It features a really annoying lummox who is bullied constantly for about 40 minutes, but to be honest, he doesn't really help himself.

Also features some really complicated kill scenes like penis decapitation.

The ending was a throwback and I really liked it!

• Joe DiCanio

½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 26 Jul, 2013

Rating: D-

• Matt Fisher

★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 13 Aug, 2014

Really angry. The lead (I hesitate to say protagonist) for most of the film is a hate-filled overweight teen taking out his anxieties on everyone around him and everyone around him dishing it out better than he does. The acrimony has really nothing to do with the plot other than depicting teens being teens, which is a holdover from the original, but does so in a THE ROOM style of baffling emotional incoherence. It does manage to work away from that in the long run, but still, it was a lot of anger and hate to deal with right off the bat.

• Kyle Porter

★★★ Rewatched by Kyle Porter 07 Jun, 2014

I love how everyone hates on this movie so much. Sure, it's not the best of the series, but it's still really fun. And I think it's cool to see characters feom the original film return, and not just for a cameo. The kills are pretty cool, the acting isn't too bad, the plot is okay. I think it's a fun little entry. It's always nice to see the original Angela Baker make a return. I will admit one thing though... the main character, Alan, is one of the most annoying characters in film history, in my opinion.

• Z-portal

★½ Watched by Z-portal 16 Apr, 2014

I enjoyed the original Sleepaway Camp films for their cheesiness (yes, even the second and third movies) but this movie failed to deliver, even on the cheap laughs. The kid that gets picked on by everyone is hard to feel bad for because he comes off like a whiny douchebag himself. He's getting picked on by the rest of the kids and you start to feel bad for him, but then he turns around and starts pulling little girls' hair.…

• LaHainefilmgoer Papas

★★★ Added by LaHainefilmgoer Papas

A SO BAD IT'S GOOD ENTRY TO THE CULT CLASSIC SERIES. Yes the characters with the exception of Karen, Alan's stepbrother, Petey, Ronnie, Bella, Ricky and Angela are loathsome because they're vile and mean-spirited but they're supposed to be. The acting is bad but it's supposed to be but hey the death scenes are good and the film does have it's hilarious moments so bravo Mr. Hiltzik you brought us your first so bad it's good movie.

• Edgars Pavlovics

Added by Edgars Pavlovics

I guess I can give a half a star for that unexpected plot twist at the end.
    Still horribly produced.