• Jude Seymour

★★★ Watched by Jude Seymour 20 Feb, 2015

Chris Paine's first film, "Who Killed the Electric Car?" was a bit of a revelation. There was this electric vehicle made by GM - the EV-1 - and its owners loved it. And one day, the cars were rounded up and destroyed. Why?

The second film explores current events that we're a lot more attuned to because of "Who Killed...?" Interest in electric cars has increased since 2006, and by the time of this documentary there are three major players:…

• feudin

★★★ Watched by feudin 07 Feb, 2015

Not as good as his first one on the subject. Probably because the first film told about something we never knew happened, whilst this film is about everyone trying to now make the ev and it's a bit dated.

• James Linate

★★★ Added by James Linate

• Fane Webber

★★★ Watched by Fane Webber 15 Nov, 2014

Documentário bem interessante sobre o desenvolvimento de carros elétricos por grandes montadoras.

O que poderia ser a salvação da industria, em meio a crise de 2009 virou um fardo para algumas empresas encurraladas e impedidas de dar um passo além.

Serve como registro dessas época de crise, mas não muito mais que isso.

• Rob McGregor

★★★ Watched by Rob McGregor 19 May, 2014

In which... the doco provides a decent follow up to the issues regarding the future of the electric car but lacks the same sense of shock and mystery that helped the original documentary through asking "who killed the electric car" do so well.

• Christian Flemm

★★★ Watched by Christian Flemm 27 Aug, 2014

Not really much to say here. Really funny that the real innovators are living in a trailer when the big businessman that are marketed as innovators well... they aren't actually innovating... I suppose Elon Musk is an example. He seems intelligent (at least morseo than most execs), but is much more of a businessman than his original partner.

Just wish they hadn't overly-glorified Tesla. Believe me, I'm all for "going electric", but I want to atleast see results.

Still waiting for Hyperloop though!

• Øivind N

★★★ Watched by Øivind N 30 Jun, 2014

Interesting to see how Elon Musk and Tesla struggles in the beginning.

• Edith Nelson

★★★ Watched by Edith Nelson 15 Apr, 2014

What Drives Progress

One of the most important details about the electric car to me is mentioned precisely once. By, as I recall, Danny DeVito. (A proud electric car owner himself, and apparently one of the people whose EV1s were taken away when GM decided there was no money in electric cars.) He's talking up the advantages of it, and he admits that the cleanliness of the things is directly proportionate to the source of electricity they're drawing on. An…

• Thirdi Canggi

★★★½ Watched by Thirdi Canggi 03 Apr, 2014

Elon Musk and Bob Lutz in one frame.

• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 08 Feb, 2012

• Eli

★★½ Watched by Eli 07 Sep, 2013

At times it seemed like a really long car commercial, but it's a car I'd like to buy. Sometimes things could have been edited better. Namely the Anthony Kiedis excerpts. It almost felt like he was in a different documentary. It seemed like the director didn't know where to put his comments, so he just shoved them in at random places.
    All in all it was enjoyable, especially to see the kind of people that make the grand decisions that shape the way we drive. I'd recommend this documentary if you are bored and looking for time to kill, but don't expect too much.

• Jason Taningco

★★★½ Watched by Jason Taningco 13 Jul, 2013

Less a look into the social and industrial machinery than the first movie (WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR?) was than a series of profiles of the men are attempting to revive the vehicle. In that way, I think it loses some of the urgency of its predecessor. Some of the biographical minutiae included feels relatively useless and out of place.