• Edith Nelson

★★★ Watched by Edith Nelson 15 Apr, 2014

What Drives Progress

One of the most important details about the electric car to me is mentioned precisely once. By, as I recall, Danny DeVito. (A proud electric car owner himself, and apparently one of the people whose EV1s were taken away when GM decided there was no money in electric cars.) He's talking up the advantages of it, and he admits that the cleanliness of the things is directly proportionate to the source of electricity they're drawing on. An…

• Thirdi Canggi

★★★½ Watched by Thirdi Canggi 03 Apr, 2014

Elon Musk and Bob Lutz in one frame.

• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 08 Feb, 2012

70/100

• Eli

★★½ Watched by Eli 07 Sep, 2013

At times it seemed like a really long car commercial, but it's a car I'd like to buy. Sometimes things could have been edited better. Namely the Anthony Kiedis excerpts. It almost felt like he was in a different documentary. It seemed like the director didn't know where to put his comments, so he just shoved them in at random places.
    All in all it was enjoyable, especially to see the kind of people that make the grand decisions that shape the way we drive. I'd recommend this documentary if you are bored and looking for time to kill, but don't expect too much.

• Jason Taningco

★★★½ Watched by Jason Taningco 13 Jul, 2013

Less a look into the social and industrial machinery than the first movie (WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR?) was than a series of profiles of the men are attempting to revive the vehicle. In that way, I think it loses some of the urgency of its predecessor. Some of the biographical minutiae included feels relatively useless and out of place.

• Zarban

★★★½ Watched by Zarban 04 Jul, 2013

Never saw Who Killed..., but this was fun and optimistic. It's great how Tesla has greatly surpassed this already with a nearly perfect car in the Model S with more to come as batteries improve.

Ray Wert's skepticism about the Model S is quite funny in retrospect.

• RealDeadOne

★★★ Watched by RealDeadOne 31 May, 2013

Fun triple threat movie regarding three companies gambling on the electric car; Tesla, Nissan and a surprising return of GM after the EV1 disaster. What does it all mean? 2013 and things are still looking promising.

• TwinIon

★★★★ Watched by TwinIon 07 May, 2013

An interesting, if overly optimistic, look at electric cars from 2008-2011. It tells the first chapter of a story that in 2013, we're only starting the second.

• lewis holt

★★★ Watched by lewis holt 04 Apr, 2013

Very interesting doc on the future of vehicles and manufacturing. Worth a watch

• Luke Grima

★★★★ Watched by Luke Grima 19 Mar, 2013

More satisfying than the first doc, but perhaps more down to the happier ending. Still really interesting.

• Thomas Harrison-Lord

★★★★ Watched by Thomas Harrison-Lord 05 Mar, 2013

A look into Nissan, GM and Tesla in the race to provide electric cars to the public without compromise. Worth a watch for the fascinating troubles Tesla faced which made me think that their current success and public PR fight will not serve them well in the long run.

It's very interesting to see what has happened since the filming of this documentary has ended. The car GM were developing, the Volt, has not been a sales success. The car…

• Alex Aloise

★★★ Watched by Alex Aloise 06 Feb, 2013

I’m not a car guy. I don’t like them. I wish I didn’t have to have one. They’re wastes of money, wastes of time and wastes of energy once they hit the age where all you do is worry about how much longer they’ll last. Plus, they’re gross and a huge reason why our planet is slowly dying. I’d love nothing more than to move into a city and just hop on a subway or walk to wherever it is…