• Valtteri Lepistö

★★ Watched by Valtteri Lepistö 03 Mar, 2015 5

Guy Ritchie isn't exactly the favorite among critics and I can definitely see why. Many times it feels like his films are trying to reach something just because they want to be cool and different. But I have honestly starting to like his style and the weird energy that fills his cinema. Revolver is weird and stupid and can't reach any emotional levels but somehow it still stays enjoyable. It feels like a film which could have been born if…

• Greg Harrington

★★ Watched by Greg Harrington 23 Feb, 2015 1

There are a lot of different elements in this film that I like. And I wish I liked this film. I really do. It has Jason Statham, con artists, multiple personalities, some initial intrigue and a lot to work with. The issue is it doesn't quite come together. Guy Ritchie films seem to work best at hyper-speed, so as to prevent the viewer from growing bored and to keep things entertaining. Revolver slowed things right down, and everything seems to…

• Jasmine

★★ Watched by Jasmine 21 Feb, 2015

Trust guy ritchie and luc besson to write one of the most confusing films I've ever seen. I'm still not even sure what was going on.

• Kerry Fristoe

★★★½ Added by Kerry Fristoe

I hoped this would be better. It's an enjoyable action film, but it strives to be more and falls a bit short. It's always good to see Ray Liotta and Jason Statham is fine in the lead. It's no Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels though. Mark Strong as Sorter steals the show.

• Horcruxnelius Doubleboss

★★★★ Watched by Horcruxnelius Doubleboss 01 Feb, 2015

nice one, Statham

• emilio

★★★ Watched by emilio 03 Aug, 2014

Guy Ritchie's attempt at a spirituality-minded crime movie has some genuinely fascinating moments, though its ambiguities always seem more a failure of the material to be thematically consistent than anything artistic or intentional.

• thecursedones

★½ Added by thecursedones

Revolver
    Now while this movie did not have good ratings from the public or critics I decided to give this movie a chance simply because I like predictable action movies that star Jason Statham. The problem with this movie though is that this movies tries to prove a point with a pseudo intellectual theme, but with a director who is unsure of whether or not this movie wants to use flashbacks or to take place in the current time the…

• Jason MD-P

★★½ Added by Jason MD-P

I might have rated this higher if I'd understood what the heck was going on. I always love watching Statham act, though. I should probably watch it again, but I don't know if I liked it enough to.

• Felipe Sobreiro

½ Added by Felipe Sobreiro

Oh, fuck you, movie.

• Jacob Knight

★★½ Rewatched by Jacob Knight 11 Jan, 2015

The funny thing is, this might be the closest I've come to ever enjoying a Guy Ritchie film.

• Vetle Braathen

Watched by Vetle Braathen 19 Dec, 2014

I feel sorry for guy ritchie / 10

• Mark Morton

★★★½ Added by Mark Morton

Yeah, it's left-of-center; yeah, it's constantly compared to (and diminished because of) the director's other efforts, but this is the first time we actually see Jason Statham show some depth of character. It's not much, but it's enough to let us know he's not a complete meathead. And we get to see Ray Liotta lose his mind...again, but that is always fun to see. And Andre 3000 continues to prove he has acting chops. The primary thing missing from this film is a connection, compassion or empathy for any character in the film. You don't really root for anyone, despite it being a fun ride.