• JohannesCheddar

★★★★★ Added by JohannesCheddar

One of the best scripts of all time.

• Xplodera

★★½ Watched by Xplodera 19 Sep, 2015

“Greed is the only snake that cannot be charmed”

Released ten years before the superb The Man From U.N.C.L.E-adaption would hit the screens and following his despised love-letter to his then-wife Madonna with Swept Away - Guy Richie’s Revolver seem to often be one of the lesser-talked about of his action flicks. In a way, it’s kind of a shame because this is a pretty interesting take on a very familiar type of gangster movie but seeing how much of…

• griddlecakes

★★★★ Watched by griddlecakes 12 Sep, 2015

• Will

Watched by Will 15 Sep, 2015

What can I say about Revolver that is good I mean this is a mess of a movie and little bits here and there that are meant to be good things are so badly made. Alright maybe I have come out the blocks a little harsh I mean Revolver is not one of the worst ever, but it certainly is near to it a terrible production from a man I felt could do no wrong in film, disappointed actually is…

• Laser

★★★½ Watched by Laser 13 Sep, 2015

While Revolver comes off somewhat messy as it tries to be so many things at once, it really did have me interested. The performances were all really good and Ritchies style is great as usual. It's a mess, but an interesting one at that.

• Yuri90

★★½ Watched by Yuri90 01 Sep, 2015

• Ad Weterings

★★★★ Watched by Ad Weterings 16 Jul, 2015

Jason Statham in a Guy Ritchie movie, which makes it somewhat better than most Statham action flicks. Written by Luc Besson so we know how this goes. Still a nice combo those three: Story by Besson, movie by Ritchie and action by Statham. Ideal stuff for a Friday night with a beer.

• Robert Humanick

★★★★ Watched by Robert Humanick 20 Aug, 2015

My first impression is that the American version is superior. While more ambitious, this original version also shows its pretentiousness more flagrantly. Whatever compromises were taken in further editing it seem to make it more cinematic and compelling (even if it's just a bunch of hokum, it's fun hokum), but I can't say for sure barring a proper rewatch.

• Sean Kelly

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Kelly 21 Aug, 2015

Probably too cerebral for its own good, but I still consider it one of the most underrated films in Guy Ritchie's filmography.

At the very least, the film should be seen for how awesome Mark Strong is in his small supporting role.

• Christian Katzorke

★½ Watched by Christian Katzorke 20 Aug, 2015

Starts good - good setup, cool soundtrack, decent action. After approx. 1 hour it gets weirder and weirder, ending in total crap.

• Sean Mulvihill

Watched by Sean Mulvihill 10 Aug, 2015

Full review at: www.fanboynation.com/revolver-2005/

Typically I extend a lot of goodwill towards ambitious failures, and Revolver is most certainly that. But this isn’t the kind of ambitious failure that hints at glimmers of brilliance that are just slightly out of reach, Revolver is a film of such wildly misguided ambition that any narrative coherency is lost in translation. Because Ritchie didn’t make Revolver as another stylized crime caper, he loaded the film with allusions to numerology and the Kabbalah. Like…

• Lebigowskiesque