• FrenchExit

Rewatched by FrenchExit 07 Feb, 2016 1

There's a reason most filmmakers decline to discuss the meaning behind their films because exposing the artifice can reveal how shallow the original intent may actually have been.

Guy Ritchie's commentary is a thing of awkward farce, when asked by his frankly sycophantic producer as to why certain colours/plot devices were placed in the story, he reels off hollow meanings that gold=power and red=anger, it's all chess y'know?

The ending which spreads the themes so thick, is basically Ritchie holding…

• Louis Gur

★★★★★ Rewatched by Louis Gur 24 Jan, 2016

How this film hasn't found its audience yet is beyond me. It is the only movie that goes in depth on what the human ego is and how it controls us. Sadly, because it is directed by Guy Ritchie most people will be going in expecting a comedy. This is by no doubt his best work and he even agrees himself. Revolver is a mind bending thriller featuring the best performance by both Jason Statham and Ray Liotta. It takes a few watches to fully appreciate, but once you figure it out you can't stop loving it either.

• Stefan Novakovic

★★★★ Watched by Stefan Novakovic 23 Jan, 2016

It's over-complicated and yes, somewhat pretentious, but it's also thematically rich and ambitious aaaand...

Well, a couple of sequences approach cinematic nirvana with how they play with time and perspective. Seriously. The restaurant? The elevator? Fuckin' ace!

So basically I dug it.

• Matthew

Rewatched by Matthew 11 Jan, 2016 2

I still don't get it. Someone care to explain? I wanna shoot my brains out because my heads hurts from thinking about this too much.

• Mark_Lemmond

★★★★ Watched by Mark_Lemmond 28 Dec, 2015

This is easily Guy Ritchie's most ambitious film and his most interesting.

• Madalena T.

★★★★ Added by Madalena T.

Revolver abre-se aos nossos pés a partir do primeiro segundo, a partir da primeira imagem. Com uma fotografia esplenderosa, é um filme marcante que vale a pena ver e rever as vezes que forem precisas para começar a fazer algum sentido, e mesmo depois disso.

Ritchie concentra-se assim a trazer-nos bom cinema bem à maneira que nos foi habituando. O cinema de Ritchie tem charme e poder intenso.

Talvez no final o facto de eu procurar a presença de Jason…

• BeauBeau

★½ Watched by BeauBeau 06 Dec, 2015

What the heck even is this

• WalterWhite1604

½ Watched by WalterWhite1604 28 Nov, 2015

Watching this film by Guy Ritchie is like going to an art exhibit with Guy himself. He seems to stand at one painting and drone on and on, telling you the same fact about the same painting. And you're forced to listen to his pretentious bullshit for 111 mins. Like in the movie you get to the point about maybe 15 mins in when you've realised you've had enough and want to bludgeon Guy to death so that he can…

• Kali

Added by Kali

This movie was so bad that jason statham had to shave his entire body and move to america to make Crank. Seriously good luck following this movie. Enjoy that random 5 minute rotoscoped scene that has almost nothing to do with the entire rest of the movie. Oh and those last two lines were sarcastic obviously, please dont see this movie. Lock stock is way better. Snatch is a million times better. Lets all come together as guy ritchie fans and agree that this movie never happened

• capitolfi

★★★★ Watched by capitolfi 16 Nov, 2015

I am now 24 hours removed from my first viewing of Revolver...and I'm still not exactly sure what to make of it. The flick is essentially a representation & diagnosis of ego, and its effect on the way we view the world. It would be justifiable to call the film brilliant in that regard. This is one of a very few films that can legitimately be called challenging. It is meant to challenge your views on your own ego, the existence…

• Carl Sandell

★★½ Watched by Carl Sandell 11 Oct, 2015

What a strange movie. The actual story is really interesting but to be able to exist it is buried under layers of annoying inner dialogue and repetition. By the time all that pays off it's unclear if it was all worth it. Having a great twisty idea underneath can elevate a movie, but it has to work on the superficial level first.

Despite Guy Ritchie's disappointing style there are some things that are watchable. Ray Liotta is going all out and is a lot of fun when sharing the screen with Jason Statham. Few actors can beat Liotta when it comes to fits of rage.

• Gabriel Guimarães

★★★ Watched by Gabriel Guimarães 06 Nov, 2015

Like a mix between the incomprehensibility/pretentiousness of The Fountain and the angriness of Only God Forgives.

I don't know what to think of it. I enjoyed it, but it is disappointing.