• memento69

★★★★ Watched by memento69 29 Jul, 2014

ทำออกมาได้ดูสนุกเกินคาด มีให้ลุ้นเป็นระยะๆ ส่วนในด้าน CG ก็ถือว่าเนียนเลยทีเดียว สรุปว่า เป็นหนังที่ดูสนุกตั้งแต่ต้นจนจบ

• Jeff Williams

★★★½ Watched by Jeff Williams 13 Aug, 2014

Nicely reconfigured plot with some unobtrusive callbacks and some good action beats. The CGI is a bit unrestrained but not distracting. The film doesn't really bring anything new thematically but it's a good piece of entertainment.

• ghostdinosaur

★★★ Rewatched by ghostdinosaur 13 Aug, 2014

The kind of narrative slow-burn it seems like Hollywood is barely capable of anymore. While the film missteps frequently along the way (Lithgow and David Oyelowo exist only to push the plot forward), the payoff works so well that it overshadows most of the quibbles.

• HerrHofmann

★★★½ Rewatched by HerrHofmann 12 Aug, 2014

Schöner Prolog, der Lust auf mehr macht. Schicke Bilder. Einfache Charaktäre die den Zuschauer emotinal abholen.
    Ich hoffe die Fortsetzung kann da anschließen.

• derkenny

★★★★½ Rewatched by derkenny 20 Jul, 2014

Rise of the Planet of the Apes has blockbuster quality which many of this year's contestants desperately lack. Here's hoping that the sequel will continue in that fashion. 85%

• Craig Morgan

★★★½ Watched by Craig Morgan 24 Jul, 2014 2

Unfortunately, I had a bit of the unfair expectation syndrome when I watched this film. There was also something out of a cracked.com article that made something that happened more annoying than it would have been without the foreknowledge.

What I like, is where the focus is on the apes. The growth of Caesar, from curious baby to calculating war leader is very well done. The number of emotions that he experiences, how they change him creates a logical arc…

• Robert Fuller

★★½ Watched by Robert Fuller 11 Aug, 2014 1

Kind of pointless, really, other than as the foundation for a new franchise. It's not a sequel, or a prequel, or a remake -- it's just an alternate origin story for an entirely different movie. It feels almost as truncated and incomplete as the first parts of Nymphomaniac and Kill Bill, but without the benefit of the "Vol. 1" after the title. I'm not even sure what the endgame is here -- maybe it'll become clearer after I see Dawn

• Jordan Benesh

★★★½ Watched by Jordan Benesh 30 Jul, 2014 2

Rupert Wyatt's Rise of the Planet of the Apes is a solid late-summer blockbuster, and unlike many films of its ilk it does a pretty good job at grounding its story in a present-day setting. It understands the ridiculousness of its premise, but embraces it in a way that makes it feel surprisingly realistic. The effects and action are great, the acting a bit wooden, the story a tad run-of-the-mill; but overall Matt Reeves' reboot is an entertaining and satisfying sci-fi actioner.

• Wouter De Bruycker

★★★½ Rewatched by Wouter De Bruycker 11 Aug, 2014

Rewatched this in preparation of seeing the latest installment in the rebooted series (Dawn of the of the of the, or something like that).

Good movie! I hated Tom Felton's character though, he was evil for the sake of being evil.

• Gonçalo

★★★★ Rewatched by Gonçalo 12 Aug, 2014

The rethinking of this franchise was refreshing. The way they explained the intelligence of the apes was really effective.
    A smart blockbuster: in the age of Transformers that's something you don't see very often. Can't wait to see the sequel.

• Marcello

★★★½ Rewatched by Marcello 12 Aug, 2014

Second viewing. The opposite of flawless, but very entertaining. And the animations are fantastic. Good start for a reboot.

• orangerful

★★★★★ Rewatched by orangerful 11 Aug, 2014

My first rewatch since seeing this in the theater back in 2011. Still a fantastic, well put together action movie. Andy Serkis is AMAZING as Caesar and his acting really elevates this film. Probably James Franco's best role too.

This is the only "reboot" or "prequel" that I can fully endorse. So well done, with enough nods to the originals for hardcore fans and plenty of story for those of us who only vaguely remember the original movie.

I've said…