• randomhuman

★½ Watched by randomhuman 02 Jun, 2015

barely scratches the surface of anything interesting. maybe one or two moral dilemmas in the whole movie. it's not sci-fi.

• filmcollective

★★ Added by filmcollective

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

An interesting spin on the Planet Of The Apes franchise, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes tells the prologue, if you like. The story behind how the apes took over, replacing us as the dominant species on the planet.

The story starts with James Franco as a scientist in charge of a project searching for a cure for Alzheimer’s, which his dad, John Lithgow has been effected with. The drug is tested on an Ape and as a result…

• Mike Jozic

★★★ Watched by Mike Jozic 22 Aug, 2014

Not as good as I heard it would be but an interesting enough prequel to the Apes series.

• Brandon McGee

★★★★ Added by Brandon McGee

Now used as the standard for what reboots should be, Rise of the Planet of the Apes is well-directed, well-acted, and mind-blowing effects wise, with the motion-capture apes being used to great success.

• Jim Camp

★★ Watched by Jim Camp 23 May, 2015

Prequel to the 1968 film, "Planet of the Apes". Relatively good as prequels go: almost worth watching.

• Felipe Scavo

★★★★ Watched by Felipe Scavo 29 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Mais um que estava na minha lista pra assistir há tempos, e me arrependo profundamente por não tê-lo feito antes. “Planeta dos Macacos: A Origem” é incrível, me deixou sem palavras!

Roteiro, de fato, muito inteligente. De modo geral, consegue desenvolver muito bem toda a história. É bem amarrado e convincente. Traz uma mensagem forte e bem-vinda, entrelaçando realidade e ficção. Prende do primeiro ao último segundo e não tem previsibilidade: você simplesmente não consegue adivinhar o que pode ocorrer…

• James Davies

★★★★ Rewatched by James Davies 26 May, 2015

I revisited the five original POTA films a few months ago, and they have appeared to have aged terribly. This reboot, however, gives the franchise a believable, modern day setting. Great effects, motion capture performance and story, with a genuinely terrifying finish. Awesome stuff!

• Mr. Knoll

★★★½ Added by Mr. Knoll

A rounded action drama with enough vision and sobriety to lift it above competence and into something approaching greatness.

•  Not Chai Bishop

★★★ Added by Not Chai Bishop

I think its overated but it is enjoyable
    Andy Serkis is fantastic

• Justin Scott

★★½ Added by Justin Scott

that one monkey was an dick

• Ernst_Bitterman

★★½ Watched by Ernst_Bitterman 04 Apr, 2015

There's a little too much hand-waving at lab protocols and primate physiology in this for me to fully enjoy it. It is probably about as well as one can do making a movie full of things like this... but that doesn't make it good.

• Mike Evans