• Dan Hassler-Forest

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dan Hassler-Forest 23 Mar, 2014

It has some pacing problems in the first half, but once it takes off, this thing just rocks and rolls. And besides being intelligent about its own franchise history, but it also connects eloquently to its own historical moment without belaboring any of its many metaphorical meanings.

• Sam Rajan

★★★★½ Watched by Sam Rajan 01 Jun, 2012

Good movie but that title is annoying!

• Clark Rowan

★★★½ Watched by Clark Rowan 19 Mar, 2014

Better than expected.

• Zach

★★★★½ Added by Zach

One of the best remakes ever. For those who don't know this is not a remake of the original Planet of the Apes, instead this is a remake of the fourth movie, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. Once again, every scene Andy Serkis is "in", he steals the show. This time as the main character, Caesar. Serkis is a genius of the motion capture suit. He not only does research on the way apes move, but he has…

• Kevin Horsten

★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Horsten 19 Mar, 2014

I think it's a really good Planet of the Apes movie, even re-watching it after all this time it still remains a great and enjoyable movie.

The special effect of the apes look good, although we're not quiet there yet, but close.

Hopefully the sequel stays on course and continues the story in an interesting way.

• Tijn

★★★★ Watched by Tijn 18 Mar, 2014

What a Good movie. Building up slowly with the story so you can see and experience what Ceasar is doing, marvelous movie.

• Kevin Lu

★★½ Added by Kevin Lu

long_movie_name.mp4

• Rosigerante MR

Added by Rosigerante MR

Nunca me había llamado la atención ver "El planeta de los simios", así que Héctor tuvo que contarme todo sobre las otras películas para darme una idea de lo que veríamos. Y nada, ¡me gustó! Desde la historia, hasta los efectos visuales. Caesar es uno de los personajes más tristemente humanos que he visto y ésta una de las películas que más gusto me ha dado ver sin que se interpusieran mis prejuicios pretenciosos de la vida.

• Chris

★★★½ Watched by Chris 08 Mar, 2014

Perfectly fine action thriller with some interesting undertones on ethical behaviour in science. Brilliant and stand-out performance by Andy Serkis, shot very nicely and most of the effects were stellar as well. It has several haunting moments that really got to me, now I need to see the original Planet of the Apes movies...

• kylegarvey

★★★★½ Added by kylegarvey

One of the best summer blockbusters I've ever seen. A great blend of propulsive action, heartening liberal philosophy, and cool, well-balanced, give-and-take scripting.

It's cleft pretty cleanly into halves... The first, the weaker one, is mainly James Franco's down-tempo drama, dry and conventional (his research supervisor delivers the laughable line "You make history; I'll make money!"; and John Lithgow expertly plays the soul-sucking, sappy father role... but, honestly, it's still pretty dynamic and nimble!).

The second half, the stronger one…

• Richard

★★★ Watched by Richard 03 Mar, 2014

That's not a monkey, that's an ape...

Enjoyed this more than expected, it had a refreshingly narrow scope for a film like this.

• Nathan Rabin

★★★½ Watched by Nathan Rabin 28 Feb, 2014

This film provided the right level of monkey business for me to get involved with.