• andreskopfkino

★★★½ Rewatched by andreskopfkino 26 Mar, 2016

“Bleibt ein tolles und fesselndes, sehr ambitioniertes Remake mit eine beeindruckenden digitalen Protagonisten, der tiefgründiger, lebhafter und einnehmender wirkt, als seine realen Co-Schauspieler.“

• 61eRmovie

overall (100): 87

61eR ®

• Zā

★★★★ Rewatched by 25 Mar, 2016

You know what I love about this film? It takes film franchise ravaged by a couple bad sequels and a remake and then reboots itself into a new mythos, and then succeeds by 1) Making a film people actually want to watch and 2) Making money off said film so that we can enjoy more. I also enjoy that it took the concept of Conquest, which was a mediocre film at best, and completely revitalized it to this. For the…

• EvanstonDad

★★★ Added by EvanstonDad

This prequel to the 1968 cult classic about apes and the humans who don't love them takes forever to get going, but once it does, it proves to be a pretty entertaining action film.

James Franco is the scientist whose tinkering with genetics and all that jazz is responsible for creating a race of super-intelligent apes and a virus that at the same time begins to kill off the human race. Some not very impressive special effects early in the…

• L3WI594

★★★★ Watched by L3WI594 24 Mar, 2016

A visually impressive well made prequal that has nods to the original film.

Instead of being a mindless action film rise of the planet of the apes has a heartfelt story line. As well as having a fair number of emotional scenes. You find yourself connecting and rooting for the apes, rather than the humans.

Rise of the planet of the apes may have a slow start, whilst the characters come across a bit one dimensional. That shouldn't put you off from the suspense created in this film and the great motion capture performance which is Andy Serkis.

• Aaron

★★★★ Watched by Aaron 16 Mar, 2016

Warning message to "Humanity", which deserves to lose. Makes me angry.

• riley

★★★★★ Watched by riley 11 Jan, 2016

i love hunky hunky monkey man

• Ryan Abbott's Movie Reviews

★★★★★ Added by Ryan Abbott's Movie Reviews

What I to say about "Rise of the Plant of the Apes" is that it is a groundbreaking epic of a movie! The performances in this movie are phenomenal. "James Franco and Tom Felton gives on of the best performances of there career!" The directing by Rupert Wyatt is excellent. The screenplay by Pierre Boulle, Rick Jaffa, and Amanda Silver knows how to write a epic screenplay. The score and effects are crazy good. "I'm raving that "Rise of the Plant of the Apes" is worth your time checking out!"

• Stephen Williamson

★★★½ Added by Stephen Williamson

Viewed at Seattle's Cinerama Theatre.

• bones

★★★★ Watched by bones 10 Mar, 2016

The kid who got bullied ended up being the leader. I never imagined I'd be this emotionally compromised because of apes.

• aRealHero

★★½ Added by aRealHero

Got significantly worse on the re-watch, though I do still like it and think they made the right call on many decisions which Dawn got wrong. The CG has dated poorly, the family side was worse than I remember and the science part was quite lazy. The ape side of it I think is done incredibly well from a writing perspective. The ape to human balance was right and as a result the impact of what the apes do comes across really well. Good little film that shouldn't have aged so much already.

• Kyle

★★★ Watched by Kyle 11 Aug, 2011

A franchise with a lot of potential to reboot. They did a great job.