• Robert B

★★★½ Watched by Robert B 06 Apr, 2014

This is a rather interesting take on the nature strikes back type of film. Instead of following the human characters for most of the film we are actually given a lot of time with a hyper intelligent chimpanzee known as Caesar. Thanks to a combination of masterful CGI animation that truly brings this creature to life and an entire cast of extremely uninteresting human characters throughout the film Caesar is by far the most interesting and sympathetic character in this…

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★ Added by Keith LaFountaine

Beautifully shot and directed. The use of motion capture technology really propels this film into new territory. Top that off with terrific performances all around, and you've got a great film.

• elias1026

★★★½ Watched by elias1026 04 Apr, 2014

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 7

I thought that this movie was pretty great overall. I enjoyed the way it told the story of this amazing ape that I kind of fell in love with throughout the film, and his "father". I give it a 3.5/5 only because I was really unhappy with how some of the characters were written, such as Tom Felton's character. Why was he so masochistic? Was there supposed to be a backstory…

• Griffin Encinas

★★★★ Added by Griffin Encinas

I've seen this a few times, and I've liked it each time. I think it's good that they're remaking this and doing a good job with it.

• kellllsey

★★★★½ Watched by kellllsey 05 Aug, 2011

I saw the 2001 Planet of the Apes when I was a kid and the ending frightened me, so I had swore off anything Planet of the Apes. But I was convinced to watch this movie and I'm so glad because it was very awesome. Great backstory.

• Dan Hassler-Forest

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dan Hassler-Forest 23 Mar, 2014

It has some pacing problems in the first half, but once it takes off, this thing just rocks and rolls. And besides being intelligent about its own franchise history, but it also connects eloquently to its own historical moment without belaboring any of its many metaphorical meanings.

• Sam Rajan

★★★★½ Watched by Sam Rajan 01 Jun, 2012

Good movie but that title is annoying!

• Clark Rowan

★★★½ Watched by Clark Rowan 19 Mar, 2014

Better than expected.

• Zach

★★★★½ Added by Zach

One of the best remakes ever. For those who don't know this is not a remake of the original Planet of the Apes, instead this is a remake of the fourth movie, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes. Once again, every scene Andy Serkis is "in", he steals the show. This time as the main character, Caesar. Serkis is a genius of the motion capture suit. He not only does research on the way apes move, but he has…

• Kevin Horsten

★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Horsten 19 Mar, 2014

I think it's a really good Planet of the Apes movie, even re-watching it after all this time it still remains a great and enjoyable movie.

The special effect of the apes look good, although we're not quiet there yet, but close.

Hopefully the sequel stays on course and continues the story in an interesting way.

• Tijn

★★★★ Watched by Tijn 18 Mar, 2014

What a Good movie. Building up slowly with the story so you can see and experience what Ceasar is doing, marvelous movie.

• Kevin Lu