• Nick Sayers

★★★ Added by mturk17

okay

• shisinbin

Watched by shisinbin 01 Dec, 2011

Surprisingly decent/tight sci-fi action flick. Some generic characters (token female, Draco Malfoy evil twerp etc) but overall satisfying.

[from notes]

• jadecanard

★★★½ Added by jadecanard

Prequel to the classic Planet of the Apes. Can be watched in isolation but you'll get more out of it if you have seen the classic film first.

• Jan Szelągiewicz

★★★★ Watched by Jan Szelągiewicz 03 Apr, 2015

That movie was much better than I expected any movie about an ape rebellion to be.

• John Roberts

★★★★½ Watched by John Roberts 02 Apr, 2015

I loved this movie. I think it was the subject matter. It just really intrigued me because I could not wait to see what would happen next.

• LiaN Hell

★★★★ Added by LiaN Hell

¨Ape alone...weak. Apes together strong.¨

This is a great example of how to do a reboot.

• David Burgess

★★★½ Watched by David Burgess 29 Mar, 2015

I must admit, this Rise of the Planet of the Apes was never on my watch list and I didn't really have any intention of watching it. This changed when my dad put it up on Netflix this weekend while I was visiting and boy was I surprised.

My apathy, for a movie that I thought was going to be cheesy or worse yet a much too derivative remake, turned to enjoyment for what turned out to be a fun…

• bastien03r5

★★★ Added by bastien03r5

Divertissant. Grosse science-fiction. Trop grosse.

• Julio Chuman

★★★ Watched by Julio Chuman 04 Jan, 2015

Ao buscar a origem do planeta dos macacos, os roteiristas desse longa conseguiram ser respeitosos ao longa original (aquele de maior alcance de público ainda hoje), homenagear a série de filmes clássica e fugir das amarras estruturais que uma refilmagem direta teria, como ocorreu com o filme de Tim Burton.
    Além disso, soube equilibrar bem a trama entre os dois protagonistas (James Franco e César, de Andy Serkis), focando mais no segundo de acordo com o decorrer da trama, que…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

The best use of motion capture in the history of the technology. The only film to have outdone it since is its own sequel.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★½ Added by Jamie Rogers

Reboots the Apes series with resounding success.