• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Rise of The Planet Of The Apes directed by Rupert Wyatt. Starring James Franco, Brian Cox.
    I have always been fan of Planet of The Apes '68 and have watched it over multiple times, even persuading those who have not watched it so far. Watching this film 'Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes' makes me feel better and also makes love the original and this one even further. It has got so electrifying plot, and so mesmerizing really that,…

• Conan Tan

★★★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 03 Jan, 2015

I was wrong to dismiss this reboot initially before I have even seen the original 1968 movie. One of the best Apes movie, even better than any of the sequels of the original film series.

• Mr BrundleFly

★★★★ Added by Mr BrundleFly

Solidísimo borrón y cuenta casi nueva de la franquicia, dejando de lado todas las entregas previas de la saga salvo la original protagonizada por Heston. Yendo a lo que hay que ir, con un buen protagonista y secundarios simios que hacen méritos para comerse la película con patatas en todo momento, gracias a la sabia decisión de los responsables de la película de hacer protagonistas a los chimpancés, gorilas y orangutanes. Se logra individualidad entre los secundarios, y encima el…

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★½ Added by Aurora Esterlia

Start with an idea to make an ape becomes smart.
    That turns to be a very well-done movie.
    I watch it as it's more drama than a sci-fi movie.
    Which is really full of hope that the sequel will be even better.
    And, yes, it is.

• BennyWestside

★★★★½ Watched by BennyWestside 04 Aug, 2011

I am a huge fan of the original Planet of the Apes movies, and this is the movie that serves it justice.

I've said it once, and I say it again, Andy Serkis has a gift to take a digitally created character and bring a sense realism and life to it. He has pioneered the way actors work with CGI.

• Yuri90

★★★½ Watched by Yuri90 22 Aug, 2015

Buon incipit anche se portato avanti in maniera piuttosto elementare, ci sono pero, elementi o particolari molto intelligenti. Come il sacrificio da parte del gorilla (sentimento di estrema umanità ) e lo sguardo finale tra Cesare che guarda "alla pari" il suo padrone. È lampante la necessità di un sequel che presto credo di vedere. Nel complesso un buon film.

• Steve Dickson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 20 Aug, 2015

Still one of the best blockbusters of recent years. I remember going in with such low expectations and being a blown away with it. So easy to have messed this up but they really did a great job and its lot of fun. Great stuff.

• Charlie Fox

★★★ Watched by Charlie Fox 19 Aug, 2015

Although this was certainly better than I remember it being, the script was still quite dry and had a lot of filler in it. A fun watch, but not the visceral experience you'd want from a Planet of The Apes movie.

• nrbeaton

★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 24 Jun, 2014

The plot doesn't stand up well but Franco's OK and the special effects are great.

• MovieBiz

★★★½ Added by MovieBiz

Imagine everything good about the original and add more this is a great reboot and definitely had the right cast and Andy Serkis did an amazing job!

• Jason Darby

★★★½ Rewatched by Jason Darby 13 Aug, 2015

This reboot of the Planet of the Apes franchise had been kicked around Hollywood for a number of years following the stillborn attempt made by Tim Burton a decade earlier. Entering the summer of 2011, I was certain that this latest attempt to bring the franchise back to relevance would be an abject failure.

I was wrong.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes is actually a textbook way to both reboot and reimagine a franchise at the same time.…

• edkupfer

★★★½ Watched by edkupfer 13 Aug, 2015

Enjoyment: 7/10
    Quality: 8/10

There is a scene in this movie where an ape rides a horse, while leading a battalion of apes into battle, as the Golden Gate Bridge burns in flames around him. There is no way any movie can meet the expectations set up by that one scene. The last third of the movie is as good as any action movie can hope to be. The problem is they had to lay so much pipe to get to that point.