• Aljosa

★★★ Watched by Aljosa 27 Feb, 2015 1

Decent watch but eh. Not as good as I was hoping.

• Jez Meyer

★★★ Added by Jez Meyer

Thoughtful big-budget reboot of a deceptively cerebral franchise. The CGI work is fantastic, but the waffling science is unnecessary. The power of the original was that it largely ignored the logical problems created by its narrative and focused instead on the transformation of Taylor from cynical misanthrope to defender of mankind. Rise is a better spectacle but is perhaps lacking in thematic weight.

• Lilian Darmono

★★★★½ Added by Lilian Darmono

Poignant, excellent. A must-watch.

• Bludgeoner86

★★★★ Watched by Bludgeoner86 20 Feb, 2015

I'm sure many people remember Planet of the Apes or at least remember the idea of the movie. I personally have not seen many of them. In a stroke of genius the makers of Rise of the Planet of the Apes figured that 40 years is ample time to introduce a reboot to the public (not counting the 2001 version). The film shows the origin of these apes that will eventually take over the world, basically a failed drug that…

• Leonardo Navarro Raleigh

★★½ Watched by Leonardo Navarro Raleigh 20 Feb, 2015

2011: Ranked

«Caesar is home.»
    —Caesar

What's most impressive of this film is the high ratings.

• ZawMine

★★★½ Added by ZawMine

Wow! I got a surprise. I was intended to watch this movie as a bad one. But it's not. The story is interesting. The motion capture performance is amazing. The apes look really cool in this movie. Love this movie. Entertaining and fun to watch.

• Brian Hann

★★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

This reboot and prequel for planet of the apes was a huge risk. Unlike the early movies gone are the prostectics replaced by CGI. But this risk pays off in spades. Andy Serkis has made this acting sub genre his own and is fantastic as Caeser. A brilliant movie

• theactualjase

★★★ Watched by theactualjase 22 Feb, 2015

Ehhh, this was pretty good. I liked the first 40 minutes or so but once Caesar was sent into the lock up I started getting a little bit bored. It did pick up again towards the end though. The climactic sequences were pretty cool.

• Thiago Minhoca

★★★ Watched by Thiago Minhoca 31 Jan, 2015

Ótimos efeitos especiais e Andy Serkis mais uma vez fazendo grande atuação.

• Tyler Foster

★★★½ Rewatched by Tyler Foster 05 Jul, 2014

This is a film that I enjoy while I'm watching it, and basically forget about the moment I'm not.

• Gabriel Marques

★★★★ Watched by Gabriel Marques 15 Feb, 2015

Another movie of James Franco doing drugs.

• SoloBea

★★★ Watched by SoloBea 14 Feb, 2015

Pues la ví ayer para luego ver la continuación que entró a los Oscar y estuvo entretenida.
    Como precuela de la historia de "El Planeta de Los Simios" es más o menos factible. Ya se que ahora todo lo explican a base del truco del almendruco de experimentos y laboratorios... pero podría ser. Casa más o menos bien y no le doy más vueltas, que no me parece una historia como para darle vueltas, ni que lo pretenda.
    Y punto…