• Joe Watson

★★½ Watched by Joe Watson 27 Sep, 2015

Script felt undeveloped and very simple, I expected much more. There was a great deal of potential to expand this familiar concept out immensely. However not a complete disgrace to the original, classic series and was a fairly enjoyable film overall.

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Rewatched by William Kretschmer 01 Oct, 2013

During experiments to find a cure for Alzheimer's disease, a genetically-enhanced chimpanzee uses its greater intelligence to lead other apes to freedom.
    Fresh and new entry to the series, standard entertainment worth a view.

On second view: still fun, and the movie manages to make you root for the apes.

• Chris

★★★★½ Added by Chris

• nico

★★ Added by nico

One of the only films of which I thought not only "less humans please", but alo "less non-humans please" aka a fucking borefest.

• Gonçalo Gil

★★½ Watched by Gonçalo Gil 13 Sep, 2015

This movie was better than I expected, but still nothing special.

• Wooderson

★★★★ Rewatched by Wooderson 12 Sep, 2015

This is one of the best reboots in recent memory, and the original Planet of the Apes is on of my favourite movies. I watched the original series recently and this time I picked up way more of the inside jokes. The cgi is really good but there is still room for improvement. Jimmy Franco was pretty good but this is all about the monkeys. It's a monkey show.

• matthewmarkham

★★★½ Added by matthewmarkham

Good start.

• Chris Browning

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Browning 04 Sep, 2015

pretty much my same feelings about this film on second viewing: as an action/ sci fi film it's fine/ good... but as a story with an internal logic that works with almost mechanical eye for detail it's terrific. everything in this film happens because it *ought* to happen rather than just lurching from setpiece to setpiece. and this is why i think it works so well...

• Jacques

★★★½ Added by Jacques

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I'm generally not a fan of modern American movies, indie or blockbuster, but I've been keen to give this Apes reboot a try since it came out because I'm a fan of the original films.

Like most Blockbusters it was kinda dumb and conventional, had an obligatory social message, and had some useless characters required by the formula of the blockbuster genre (Slumdog Millionaire chick, I'm looking at you), but it wasn't nearly as dumb or obvious as it could've…

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Rise of The Planet Of The Apes directed by Rupert Wyatt. Starring James Franco, Brian Cox.
    I have always been fan of Planet of The Apes '68 and have watched it over multiple times, even persuading those who have not watched it so far. Watching this film 'Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes' makes me feel better and also makes love the original and this one even further. It has got so electrifying plot, and so mesmerizing really that,…

• Conan Tan

★★★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 03 Jan, 2015

I was wrong to dismiss this reboot initially before I have even seen the original 1968 movie. One of the best Apes movie, even better than any of the sequels of the original film series.

• Mr BrundleFly

★★★★ Added by Mr BrundleFly

Solidísimo borrón y cuenta casi nueva de la franquicia, dejando de lado todas las entregas previas de la saga salvo la original protagonizada por Heston. Yendo a lo que hay que ir, con un buen protagonista y secundarios simios que hacen méritos para comerse la película con patatas en todo momento, gracias a la sabia decisión de los responsables de la película de hacer protagonistas a los chimpancés, gorilas y orangutanes. Se logra individualidad entre los secundarios, y encima el…