• Tomo Cole

★★★★½ Added by Tomo Cole

Drugo gledanje i moram priznat da mi je još draži nego prvi put. Sjećam se da sam nakon što sam pogledao nastavak ovog filma, tvrdio kako je puno bolji od ovoga, ali sada sam se podsjetio koliko je ovaj film postavio dobar temelj za njego nastavak i za treći dio koji dolazi za nešto više od godinu i pol dana. Genijalano mi je bilo gledat cijelo "djetinjstvo" Cezara i kako odmalena postaje king of parkour. Jako je zanimljivo pogledat making of video za oba filma. Franco u ovom filmu <3.

• Jason Bally

★★★½ Added by Jason Bally

The CGI is spectacular looking. This is so much better than the attempted reboot by Tim Burton.

• Bastian

Watched by Bastian 28 Nov, 2015

Some good and some bad

• Earl Woods

★★★★½ Watched by Earl Woods 03 Sep, 2011

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Remembered today mainly for its twist ending and Charlton Heston's histrionic performance as astronaut Taylor, Planet of the Apes (1968) is an intelligent cautionary tale about class, race and the still looming threat of nuclear holocaust. Full of iconic imagery and dialogue, Planet of the Apes is one of a handful of truly great science fiction films of the 20th century. "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape," is one of the most quotable lines in cinema,…

• Obistrike

★★★★½ Rewatched by Obistrike 21 Nov, 2015 3

Case File: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Dawn)

Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Rise) on release in 2011. Enjoyed.

Brought on DVD (used) in 2013 for $2 at cash converters. Sat on shelf unwatched.

Discovered majesty of Blu-ray. Disowned DVD format. Yet to dispose of DVD collection.

Purchased Dawn on Blu-ray (new) for $12 three months ago. Refused to watch before fresh viewing of Rise.

Couldn't bring myself to see Rise on inferior format. For…

• Ryan Sheldon

★★★½ Added by Ryan Sheldon

A surprisingly good reboot/prequel

• alon89

★★★★½ Watched by alon89 13 Nov, 2015

Film 10/30 of the 2015 Scavenger Hunt November Challenge!
    Task #2: A film with apes!

4.5 out of 5 (Almost there)

I admit I was very skeptical. I was, without a doubt, proven wrong after watching this film. Strong character development. Really clever storyline. The only reason I didn't totally enjoy the film is because I can't help but squirm while watching the first half of the movie when apes were getting hurt. Definitely way better than Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes, though.

• Vinnie De Craim

★★★½ Watched by Vinnie De Craim 03 Aug, 2014

Malfoy's still a dick.

• Josh Bogatin

Watched by Josh Bogatin 11 Nov, 2015

Pretty Banal.

• jtm382

★★★★ Rewatched by jtm382 11 Nov, 2015

Why is draco malfoy always such a dick

• Joe D

★★★★ Watched by Joe D 09 Nov, 2015

Film #6 of the 2015 Scavenger Hunt November Challenge!
    Task #2: A film with apes!
    Full List of Films Here

I intended to watch half of this film before going to bed, then watch the rest the following day. Instead I ended up staying up later because the film was so exciting! I haven't seen the old films in this series, but this is a really strong reboot, and after hearing the acclaim for the following film, I'm…

• ror

★★★★ Watched by ror 06 Nov, 2015

I think this is my second favorite Apes film after the original (although, digressing, the ending of the first sequel is one of the all-time great endings in film, eat your heart out Cabin in the Woods). I don’t really have much to say about it, I was really glad it had the confidence to stick with the apes as the story’s center and didn’t feel the need to do anything heavy-handed like ape subtitles.