• Raúl Cornejo

★★★★ Watched by Raúl Cornejo 17 Apr, 2014

Golden Gate, rebelión y Alzheimer

• Trinity Martin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Trinity Martin 16 Apr, 2014

I really like this film. I'd forgotten exactly how much until I rewatched it tonight and enjoyed it just as much as the first few times I watched it.

This movie was filled with cool Easter eggs and foreshadowing that I liked, such as the clips about the astronauts getting lost in space (I wonder if one is named Taylor, hmmm) and seeing the kennel guard watching Charlton Heston in The Ten Commandments.

The best thing about this movie is…

• WilliamT

★★★½ Added by WilliamT

While RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES does have extraordinary visuals, very well done character work for Caesar, the outstanding performance by Andy Serkis, an intense atmosphere, and fantastic direction by Rupert Wyatt, I can't say I was purely amazed while watching it the first time. Partially because I think the film itself is a bit too predictable for my taste. It still is a very deep restart for the franchise and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it continues with its upcoming sequel. It's just that some of the execution could have been improved in my opinion.

• matt lynch

★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 14 Apr, 2014 1

monkey's paw.

• HotDonkeyBear

★★★★ Rewatched by HotDonkeyBear 13 Apr, 2014

When another attempt at rebooting the Planet of the Apes franchise was announced I think the whole world was more than a little sceptical. The previous attempt saw Tim Burton as little more than a director for hire (much in the same vein as Brett Ratner on X-Men: Last Stand), brought in at the last minute with little say over the big wheels already in motion.

Here we have a relatively untested director and James Franco as the leading (hu)man.…

• Andrew Cybulska

★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Cybulska 06 Apr, 2014

When I first saw this, I was planning on watching it with Rifftrax. I ended up turning off the Riff 10 minutes in and really found myself self enjoying this. What a pleasant surprise. It's dark, it's resonant, the special effects are spectacular, and it's fun!

I got to rewatch this with my wife, since she's never seen it, and the sequel looks to be just as good.

• Robert B

★★★½ Watched by Robert B 06 Apr, 2014

This is a rather interesting take on the nature strikes back type of film. Instead of following the human characters for most of the film we are actually given a lot of time with a hyper intelligent chimpanzee known as Caesar. Thanks to a combination of masterful CGI animation that truly brings this creature to life and an entire cast of extremely uninteresting human characters throughout the film Caesar is by far the most interesting and sympathetic character in this…

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★ Added by Keith LaFountaine

Beautifully shot and directed. The use of motion capture technology really propels this film into new territory. Top that off with terrific performances all around, and you've got a great film.

• elias1026

★★★½ Watched by elias1026 04 Apr, 2014

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 7

I thought that this movie was pretty great overall. I enjoyed the way it told the story of this amazing ape that I kind of fell in love with throughout the film, and his "father". I give it a 3.5/5 only because I was really unhappy with how some of the characters were written, such as Tom Felton's character. Why was he so masochistic? Was there supposed to be a backstory…

• Griffin Encinas

★★★★ Added by Griffin Encinas

I've seen this a few times, and I've liked it each time. I think it's good that they're remaking this and doing a good job with it.

• kellllsey

★★★★½ Watched by kellllsey 05 Aug, 2011

I saw the 2001 Planet of the Apes when I was a kid and the ending frightened me, so I had swore off anything Planet of the Apes. But I was convinced to watch this movie and I'm so glad because it was very awesome. Great backstory.

• Dan Hassler-Forest

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dan Hassler-Forest 23 Mar, 2014

It has some pacing problems in the first half, but once it takes off, this thing just rocks and rolls. And besides being intelligent about its own franchise history, but it also connects eloquently to its own historical moment without belaboring any of its many metaphorical meanings.