• kongo77

★★★★ Added by kongo77

Potpuno realizirani B film.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" is a title suggesting need for a sequel, because in this film, the chimpanzees only get as far as crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. Today San Francisco, tomorrow the world. It develops the notion that chimps, who as we know are only a few genes separated from humans anyway, require only a new wonder drug to become fairly good at chess.

The film opens at a big drug company, where Will Rodman (James…

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 05 Aug, 2011

It's actually quite good, and better than I was expecting, considering the dodgy trailers.

Where the film succeeds most, I think, is in the portrayal of the apes, specifically Caesar, who is by far the most fully realized and three-dimensional character in the film. If we didn't already know what Serkis was capable of, it'd be an astounding performance, made even moreso by the (almost) complete lack of dialogue and subsequent emphasis on facial expressions and body movements. In fact,…

• TJ Draper

★★★½ Watched by TJ Draper 20 Apr, 2014

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011). Surprisingly, not terrible. Did get a little weird and stupid at parts. But better than expected.

• Marvell

★★★½ Added by Marvell

James Franco gets involved in monkey business, and it makes for a surprisingly good film.

• sambie strumpet

★★★★★ Watched by sambie strumpet 18 Apr, 2014

Was wanting to see this for a while just never got around to. But I wish I had sooner. I wish I had seen it in theaters. It was fantastic as a whole. The story of it wasn't cheap or corny. And it didn't make me second guess anything. Normally with films like this it's hard to believe in it. But not here. I surely cannot wait for the sequel and may have to go watch the originals!

• Raúl Cornejo

★★★★ Watched by Raúl Cornejo 17 Apr, 2014

Golden Gate, rebelión y Alzheimer

• Trinity Martin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Trinity Martin 16 Apr, 2014

I really like this film. I'd forgotten exactly how much until I rewatched it tonight and enjoyed it just as much as the first few times I watched it.

This movie was filled with cool Easter eggs and foreshadowing that I liked, such as the clips about the astronauts getting lost in space (I wonder if one is named Taylor, hmmm) and seeing the kennel guard watching Charlton Heston in The Ten Commandments.

The best thing about this movie is…

• WilliamT

★★★½ Added by WilliamT

While RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES does have extraordinary visuals, very well done character work for Caesar, the outstanding performance by Andy Serkis, an intense atmosphere, and fantastic direction by Rupert Wyatt, I can't say I was purely amazed while watching it the first time. Partially because I think the film itself is a bit too predictable for my taste. It still is a very deep restart for the franchise and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it continues with its upcoming sequel. It's just that some of the execution could have been improved in my opinion.

• matt lynch

★★★½ Rewatched by matt lynch 14 Apr, 2014 1

monkey's paw.

• HotDonkeyBear

★★★★ Rewatched by HotDonkeyBear 13 Apr, 2014

When another attempt at rebooting the Planet of the Apes franchise was announced I think the whole world was more than a little sceptical. The previous attempt saw Tim Burton as little more than a director for hire (much in the same vein as Brett Ratner on X-Men: Last Stand), brought in at the last minute with little say over the big wheels already in motion.

Here we have a relatively untested director and James Franco as the leading (hu)man.…

• Andrew Cybulska

★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Cybulska 06 Apr, 2014

When I first saw this, I was planning on watching it with Rifftrax. I ended up turning off the Riff 10 minutes in and really found myself self enjoying this. What a pleasant surprise. It's dark, it's resonant, the special effects are spectacular, and it's fun!

I got to rewatch this with my wife, since she's never seen it, and the sequel looks to be just as good.