• Jim Camp

★★ Watched by Jim Camp 23 May, 2015

Prequel to the 1968 film, "Planet of the Apes". Relatively good as prequels go: almost worth watching.

• Felipe Scavo

★★★★ Watched by Felipe Scavo 29 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Mais um que estava na minha lista pra assistir há tempos, e me arrependo profundamente por não tê-lo feito antes. “Planeta dos Macacos: A Origem” é incrível, me deixou sem palavras!

Roteiro, de fato, muito inteligente. De modo geral, consegue desenvolver muito bem toda a história. É bem amarrado e convincente. Traz uma mensagem forte e bem-vinda, entrelaçando realidade e ficção. Prende do primeiro ao último segundo e não tem previsibilidade: você simplesmente não consegue adivinhar o que pode ocorrer…

• James Davies

★★★★ Rewatched by James Davies 26 May, 2015

I revisited the five original POTA films a few months ago, and they have appeared to have aged terribly. This reboot, however, gives the franchise a believable, modern day setting. Great effects, motion capture performance and story, with a genuinely terrifying finish. Awesome stuff!

• Mr. Knoll

★★★½ Added by Mr. Knoll

A rounded action drama with enough vision and sobriety to lift it above competence and into something approaching greatness.

•  Not Chai Bishop

★★★ Added by Not Chai Bishop

I think its overated but it is enjoyable
    Andy Serkis is fantastic

• Justin Scott

★★½ Added by Justin Scott

that one monkey was an dick

• Ernst_Bitterman

★★½ Watched by Ernst_Bitterman 04 Apr, 2015

There's a little too much hand-waving at lab protocols and primate physiology in this for me to fully enjoy it. It is probably about as well as one can do making a movie full of things like this... but that doesn't make it good.

• Mike Evans

★★★★½ Watched by Mike Evans 08 May, 2015

Andy Serkis, what a god!

• Marna Larsen

★★ Added by Marna Larsen

For me, unmemorable.

• Byron TheBulb

★★★ Watched by Byron TheBulb 29 Apr, 2015

Caesar is so cool. When did Franco stop trying?

• Bizon

★★★½ Watched by Bizon 25 Apr, 2015

This film in a nutshell for me: There's a scene where a character delivers Charlton Heston's "Get yer paws off me etc" line from The Planet of the Apes. It comes across as a very forced callback. But the response from the ape Caesar is really great and crystallizes the nice inversion of the original that makes the framework for Rise.

But, why does this movie think James Franco deserves a happy ending while his boss deserves a bad one? I mean, isn't this whole thing Franco's fault?

• Agnis

★★★★½ Watched by Agnis 25 Apr, 2015

Now, this was something else.

This, for me, finally put the whole package together. The key to the success of the original was the idea and the story, not the execution. Maybe that's why Tim Burton's one fell flat - the whole idea hides in the eventual revelation of the truth and by 2001 it wasn't much of a surprise.

So, this movie threw the whole thing out in the garbage and started from scratch. And that is what I…