• Stallion

★½ Added by Stallion

Should of just left the apes alone in the jungle......

• Aron Condorchoa

★★★½ Added by Aron Condorchoa

• Ethan Gray

★★★★½ Watched by Ethan Gray 07 Feb, 2016

How come Tom Felton plays an asshole in so many of his roles?

I've heard a lot about the "Planet of the Apes" Film series, so I decided to check this one out. I've been thinking abut it, and I think this is the only movie where an animal is my favorite character. Props to Andy Serkis, because Caesar is such an amazing character.

• Lucas Marmol

★★½ Rewatched by Lucas Marmol 06 Feb, 2016

It's ver very dumb. I guess it has to be dumb if the story is about Apes beating humans.

To me, the film was made only because of the second half. The first half almost feels like an unnecessary evil, writer & director didn't seem to put much thought into it.

And I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter how hard you try, I will never, never side with Apes (or any other spice) in a confront with humans.

You can villainize…

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Love It!

• Paranoyer

★★★★½ Added by Paranoyer

Zehn Jahre sollte es dauern, bis nach dem Remake-Desaster, dass Tim Burtons "Planet der Affen" darstellte, das Kinopublikum wieder einen Film aus dem seit 1968 bestehenden Franchise sehen sollte. Doch was sollte man erwarten? Die zwei letzten Filme waren die zwei schlechtesten der gesamten Reihe, das Original aus den Sechzigern stand immer noch unangefochten an der Spitze aller Bewegtbild-Produkte, die aus Pierre Boulles Roman hervorgegangen waren und dann wurde der Film auch noch als Prequel, also als Vorgeschichte zu allem…

• Jordan Harper

★★★½ Watched by Jordan Harper 31 Jan, 2016

It's taken me five years to get around to watching this – and I'm glad I did. A great deal of fun.

• takeme2urreader

★★★★ Added by takeme2urreader

No way this should've been as good as it is. And yet, what a great way to fill in the missing "how did it happen?" from the book and original movie.

We covered this in our second episode, along with the original and 2001 remake:

pavementpodcast.com/podcast/tmtyr-episode-2-can-i-get-an-ape-men/

• moris1610

★★★★½ Added by moris1610

Fantastic movie. Cesar and the cast. The apes look so real. Very well.

• JackieGigantic

★★★½ Added by JackieGigantic 2

What has possessed filmmakers to continue to try and reboot a franchise that is, at best, the plot of a medium grade Twilight Zone episode, and that itself couldn't fucking keep a franchise going strong for any longer than a single movie.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 04 Aug, 2011

Its been a long time since they made a great planet of the apes movie. I love that they came out with a great way to show how did the fall of men happen and the rise of the apes. Andy Serkins deserves an Oscar for his performance as Caesar.

• Dignified

★★★ Added by Dignified

Meh. An origin story worth skipping, though it does have its moments.