• Leonardo de Paula

★★★★ Added by Leonardo de Paula 2

STALLONE CONSEGUE UM FINAL EMOCIONANTE E TOCANTE.

Rocky - Um Lutador, surgiu naquele ano (1981) de surpresa, acabou sendo um sucesso, ganhou o Oscar de melhor filme, e resultou em várias continuações (nas quais, particularmente gosto), mas sem nunca repetir o feito do primeiro. Rocky lançou Stallone no cinema, mais especificamente no de ação, que se revelou um ator e diretor competente.
    16 Anos depois do fracasso "Rocky V", Stallone volta ao personagem para conseguir um desfecho, e o resultado…

• Cody Walker

★★★ Rewatched by Cody Walker 17 Jan, 2014 1

An interesting way to (hopefully) end the series, Rocky Balboa is a fairly melancholic movie that shows the Italian Stallion years after his prime, with his wife dead and his son resenting him for his fame. The only one he has left is old Paulie (Burt Young), who looks like he's weathered every bit of the intervening years since the last movie. It's a thankfully quiet movie that boils the character down to his most basic. Stallone actually delivers a…

• Christina

★★½ Watched by Christina 17 Jan, 2014

Having watched Rocky I - V recently, the completest in me insisted I watch this one as well. I did not actually enjoy watching this movie, but I can not say it is a terrible film.

This movie is sad. Rocky's life is sad, his surroundings are sad, and the message about what it is like when we get older is pretty sad too.

The movie is fairly well-acted and has decent production quality. Rocky is a pitiable underdog without the gleeful camp of some of the recent movies...which is both a pro and a con.

• The Spenc

★★★ Added by The Spenc

A proper sent off to the franchise. Made all fans sentimental in the theatre. Who cares if it is not a great movie by your typical standards.

• Richard Fallon

★★★½ Added by Richard Fallon

Rocky Balboa is what Rocky V wanted to be: a poignant return to the cold streets of Philadelphia and an exploration of themes considerably more realistic and relatable than taking down the Soviet Union singlehandedly in a boxing match. The fact that Rocky Balboa is the most convincing film since the first despite being about a boxer of fifty plus years returning to fight the young reigning champion says it all.

The plot is on nearly all accounts a redo…

• Jag

★★★★ Rewatched by Jag 06 Jan, 2014

Go through him! Run over him!

• Tyler Foster

★★★ Watched by Tyler Foster 02 Jan, 2014

This is fine, and I'd be lying if I said the final round didn't recapture some of the original's magic. However, the praise for this movie indicates people have a tendency to only complain about reliance on nostalgia in films, especially sequels, when they aren't nostalgic for the same things.

• Andrew Neill

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Neill 11 Dec, 2013

This is basically a remake of the first film and I really liked it, this is a fun film and if you liked the first film then I would recommend it. It really takes the American Dream to the next level and while it is a bit extreme it really is a good feel movie.

I actually really liked this film.

• Chris Ward

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Ward 27 Dec, 2013

I know a lot of people disregard this series as sentimental or a bit cheesey but Rocky is still my favourite film franchise and this sixth instalment is as fitting a closure to the series as the original was a beginning.

• hockeyfan15

★★★ Watched by hockeyfan15 22 Dec, 2013

A decent way to end the series. Overall, good, but not great. I want to say something about the series as a whole though, it was not nearly as good as I would of suspected. I thought that I would've given the first film over 4.5 stars, instead I gave it 3.5. The one I thought was the biggest surprise though was the 5th one. It got 27% on rotten tomatoes, but I gave it 3 stars, I really didn't find it that bad. Well that's all I have to say.

• NinjaDomoEsq

★★★ Rewatched by NinjaDomoEsq 15 Dec, 2013

I had seen this before and remembered it fondly and now, having gone through the Rocky Saga, I have even more fondness for this film. I joked while watching that Sly must have finally sat down and watched Rocky V and once the disgust wore off he decided he had to climb into the ring to right some wrongs, and that's exactly what this film is. This easily comes close to regaining the former glory of Rocky 1 and 2 and brings the series full circle.

• Stephen Brown

★★★ Watched by Stephen Brown 04 Dec, 2013

Starts of slow but it's hard not to get caught up with the nostalgia of wanting to see Rocky/Stallone back in the ring. By mostly sticking to TV style footage the fight feels authentic and exciting. It's a shame that as the fight progresses it tries to be more visually adventurous because it feels horribly out of place.