• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 30 Jul, 2014

Rocky is back and this time his facing some new fighters that what to beat him up. This movie is way better then rocky 5 but it is better then the first and I can say no. The movie does show some respect to the original film and I like that.

• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★★★ Watched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 30 Jul, 2014

"Yo Adrian we did it!"

A truly great way to end the Franchise, Stallone really takes it to the limit in the last Rocky film. A true masterpiece of it time. Set 30 years after Rocky IV? V? I know Rocky V is considered non canon so I guess its set 30 years after Rocky IV.
    A lot has changed in that time Adrian has passed away and Rocky is feeling down. So he decides to get back into the…

• Nablo

★★★½ Watched by Nablo 21 Jul, 2014

A return to form, and a much more fitting and welcome end to the franchise than the lackluster and highly disappointing Rocky V.

"Rocky Balboa: The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

• loupea

★★★½ Watched by loupea 15 Mar, 2007

I never intended the watch the sixth film in this series first. Actually, I never intended to watch any of these films. Boxing is not something that interests me. At all. But I was on a plane and it was playing and my husband wanted us to watch it, so it happened. And wow, was I surprised how much I ended up getting into it. I may not watch all the other movies in this the Rocky franchise, but I'll…

• SMRIDGLEY74

★★★★★ Rewatched by SMRIDGLEY74 19 Jul, 2014

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!! ROCKY!ROCKY!ROCKY!

• Stephen Rigg

★★★½ Rewatched by Stephen Rigg 17 Jul, 2014

Yup, to say this is the sixth instalment of Rocky, and made 30 years after the original, it's a pretty good film.

• Delip Saravanan

★★★★ Rewatched by Delip Saravanan 11 Jul, 2014

Awesome ending chapter to the franchise.

• Lobezno Estepario

★★½ Added by Lobezno Estepario

No me gusta Stallone, pero aún sin haber visto el resto de la saga me pareció un aceptable final para el personaje. Buen monólogo cuando le da un consejo a su hijo.

• Knox Gray

★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

A fitting conclusion.

• Chris Burns

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Burns 05 May, 2014

On paper Rocky Balboa is a film that shouldn't have worked. An older, washed-up Balboa getting back in the ring again seemed like a terrible idea. Rocky was finished and by all accounts so was Stallone. One was last seen fighting in an alley and the other was fighting Spy Kids.

Seemingly Stallone had squandered the promise afforded to him in the wake of his Cop Land performance. But this is the key to the film's success. Once again Stallone…

• Samuel David Herr

★★½ Added by Samuel David Herr

Weird Al Yankovic, ein in Amerika recht bekannter Parodist, der unter anderem gerne Charterfolge mit eigenen Texten "verschönert", kreierte einst aus dem Rocky-III-Song "Eye of the Tiger" eine Zukunftsprognose für Rocky Balboa, in der Rocky schlapp und ausgebrannt ein Restaurant in seinem alten Viertel betreibt und beim "Hauen auf die Leberwurst" seine ruhmreichen Tage Revue passieren läßt.

Fast ein wenig unheimlich, wie nahe diese Parodie an die Ereignisse des neusten Rocky-Filmes heranreicht! :)

Körperlich ist Stallone zwar immernoch vorzeigbar, keine…

• Eugene McCrann

★★½ Added by Eugene McCrann

So many underdog stories in this production: as a remake of the first Rocky, the ultimate underdog story; as a comeback for the actual Rocky character, who is down when the film begins; as an art imitates life ordeal, with Stallone making a comeback through a film about making a comeback of a character who initially beat the odds. Old school lessons, positivity prevailing over entropy - Rocky reenters the ring to teach a hot shot a thing or two;…