• Monique Morgan

★★★★ Watched by Monique Morgan 24 Nov, 2015

first time watching this and was pleasantly surprised by how good it was...i like the pacing and the acting. still some places it needed work but overall a good film.

• dancecho

★★★★★ Rewatched by dancecho 24 Nov, 2015

"I gotta go out the way I gotta go out."

Re-watched this in preparation for CREED, and it still stands up as the best sequel in the franchise. Will CREED overtake it? I can't wait to find out.

• Guerruckey

★★★½ Watched by Guerruckey 24 Nov, 2015

If you're going to tell more of the Rocky Balboa story, this is the way to do it - take the series back to its roots, but retain the high-end gloss of the later films. Dial down the cheese, but keep the heart.

The stories of Paulie, Rocky's kid, and the now-grown Marie are well-told, if a bit slight (Paulie, especially, seems to vacillate between being a total fucking mess - aka Classic Paulie - and being a wise old…

• The Verminator

★★★★ Watched by The Verminator 24 Nov, 2015

This movie is pure emotion.

Stallone really shows his passion for the character, his greatest achievement, with this installment in the beloved franchise. With a consistent thematic through line of aging and moving on from the past, Rocky Balboa is a movie that achieves everything it sets out to accomplish, even if its somewhat ridiculous plot prevents it from being truly great like its legendary predecessor (the original Rocky, in my opinion one of the best films of the 1970's).

Yo Sly, you did good.

• Cole Bradley

★★★★ Watched by Cole Bradley 24 Nov, 2015

Man, this movie's so good I would have been totally fine if there had been no boxing. Just Rocky visiting Adrian's grave and providing jobs for his community for two hours. Get it.

• Patrick Lohmeier

★★★½ Rewatched by Patrick Lohmeier 24 Nov, 2015

Tolles Comeback von Sly. Wieder mit Gänsehaut in den letzten 20 Minuten genossen. Freue mich sehr auf Creed.

• Jack Dignan

★★★½ Watched by Jack Dignan 24 Nov, 2015

I'm pretty sure every Rocky movie just uses the same screenplay and I seem to be okay with that.

• Dangermoose

★★★ Watched by Dangermoose 24 Nov, 2015

I bet you Paulie thought he'd have a better robot by now.

20 years later he's got nothing :(

• Justin LaLiberty

★★★ Rewatched by Justin LaLiberty 22 Nov, 2015

I'd absolutely let Rocky cook for me. That dog is cute. The final fight - obviously meant to look like ESPN circa 2006 - is embarrassingly dated. But, hey, at least it isn't Rocky V.

"It's all edible"

• Andy F.

★★★½ Watched by Andy F. 22 Nov, 2015

It ain't over til it's over. Almost instantly feels and looks better than many of its predecessors, Rocky Balboa is a solid end to the Rocky series and almost a course correction from the sour ending of Rocky V. Even though Creed is out this week, this still feels like the final chapter, considering that Stallone is no longer involved as writer or director.

Rocky was always an underdog but never quite believable to me as a world champion/celebrity/rich guy.…

• Diego Crespo

★★★★½ Rewatched by Diego Crespo 22 Nov, 2015

*cries forever*

• Jeremy Doyle

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Doyle 19 Nov, 2015

Very personal take on the franchise. I liked the throwbacks to earlier films (especially the first) and the touching moments. The boxer he fights isn't anything special but the surrounding story is something to care about.

Bring on CREED!