• Matthew Gorman

★★★★★ Watched by Matthew Gorman 20 Aug, 2014

Many years have past in Rocky Balboa's fighting career but when a virtual program simulates a fight between rocky and a new fighter, controversy begins to surface and rocky agrees to fight the young challenger as a "one last ride" deal. Highly recommended.

• Crisis892000

★★★★ Watched by Crisis892000 14 Mar, 2015

While it still fails to capture the magic of the first two Rocky movies, what could have been a disasterous misstep is instead a fitting, emotionally satisfying conclusion to the series.

• Kirwaning

★★½ Added by Kirwaning

it's an ok film and I see where they were going with it... but it felt like an unnecessary money grab years later, tarnishing the original series. for that... it get's 2.5

• Flo Lieb

★★★ Rewatched by Flo Lieb 07 Mar, 2015

This movie didn't need to exist because Rocky's story is already told. Still, this one has a lot of great character scenes, especially Rocky remembering his first date with Adrian. Nearly brought tears to my eyes. "Yo, we did it, Adrian" – Indeed.

• philkingham

★★★ Watched by philkingham 01 Mar, 2015

About 100 times better than Rocky 5, but does really mean anything?

• Josh Surratt

★★★★ Added by Josh Surratt

The second-best Rocky movie. Aw yeah. Seriously, this is as good as the Rocky movies ever came to being on par with the original. And it's so close too; the only things missing are Mickey and Adrian.

Adrian's surprise death actually really fucked me up. That depressed the hell out of me when you see Rocky alone with her grave, y'know? It also was bittersweet to see his restaurant named after her (with Spider Rico working there no less). A…

• John Bleasdale

★★★★ Watched by John Bleasdale 01 Mar, 2015

brill pants

• deadmanramsey

★★★ Added by deadmanramsey

63/100

• Alex MacPherson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex MacPherson 26 Feb, 2015

Even though I am a fan of Rocky V, and think it is a highly underrated, and unappreciated film, Rocky Balboa is the best send off the series could ever have. The sixth film in the series has so much depth and heart and without sounding sarcastic, has some of the very best acting and writing, that it should have been nominated for Oscars. Yes indeed. I believe the film is THAT good!

Stallone's dialogue here is so genuinely heart…

• nukle888

★★★ Added by nukle888

Very touching film.

• Parker Jackson

★★★★½ Watched by Parker Jackson 05 Feb, 2015

Rocky Balboa was a fantastic way to reboot a dead franchise, because it realizes what made the franchise successful without relying on past references and inside jokes like a lot of reboots do. That being said, I can only compare this to the first Rocky movie because that is the only other Rocky movie I've seen (I'll get around to watching the other ones someday). While I didn't care for the relationship between Rocky and Marie nearly as much as…

• Anthony Albarran

★★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

A great entry into the Rocky Balboa story.