• FuriousCinema

Added by FuriousCinema 1

One of the most ridiculous, incoherent and psychologically retarded examinations of a film I've ever witnessed. This is analysis at its worst. Total nonsensical brain diarrhea in documentary form.

• kat

★★★½ Added by kat

really enjoyed this documentary about the shining, even though the main thing it managed to do was make me wish i was watching the shining.

• Charlie Walker

★★★★ Watched by Charlie Walker 28 Apr, 2016 1

I absolutely love The Shining, hell at the moment its at the top of my top 50 list (although it rotates with Se7en and 2001 all the time). I've watched The Shining more times than I care to count, but so many things are pointed out in this that just kind of go, woah I didn't notice that before. Although most of these theories are completely crazy, it's brilliantly compelling, and Kubrick's work interests me to the point that I'll…

• Sindel Larper

½ Added by Sindel Larper

Jan Harlan hates this film and said that Stanley would have done too. It's offensive!!

• Mick Brooks

★★★ Watched by Mick Brooks 21 Apr, 2016

Whoa! Homeopathic film criticism!!

• Jay Mistry

★½ Rewatched by Jay Mistry 21 Apr, 2016

I'm all for people sharing what they take away from a film, but this delusional piece of bullsh*t that makes a joke of interpreting modern cinema and paints film fans as overly obsessive individuals who spend their time coming up with the next conspiracy theory about today's culture. Because why wouldn't a paper tray look like an erect penis in a single frame when two characters meet for the first time?

• Comrie

★★★ Watched by Comrie 20 Apr, 2016

A great apology for the fake moon landing

• Caleb Jones

★★★½ Watched by Caleb Jones 19 Apr, 2016

I love feeling like I'm not the craziest person on earth.

They made decent points tho. Especially the moon landing cover up.

• Grey the Dot

★★★ Watched by Grey the Dot 20 Apr, 2016 2

70% of this movie is people talking crazy bullshit.
    20% is wasted time when nothing happens.
    And the last 10% are actually thoughtful eye opening dialogs that make you realise just how deep, throughout and meticulously executed the shining is.
    This film, on the other hand, isn't.
    It does, however, share one trait with the shining.
    It's up to "you" the viewer to figure out what has meaning. And what's just mistakes and bullshit.

• Aaron Shanley

★★★★½ Added by Aaron Shanley

Simply spellbinding examination of fandom, conspiracy, art, mental illness, and the points in which all of those converge to make people believe...SOMETHING.

You shouldn't necessarily believe any of the totally off-the-wall theories put forth by the unseen cast of speakers here...what matters is that THEY believe what they're saying, and everything that comes with that line of mental reasoning. It's what important works of art are supposed to do, and "The Shining" is a mighty important piece of art indeed.

Amazing soundtrack as well: haunting, enigmatic and sometimes impenetrable...much like the film itself.

• Josh Darby

★★½ Watched by Josh Darby 19 Apr, 2016 2

Film #6 of the "Scavenger Hunt 13 (April 2016)" Challenge
    Task #18. A film directed by an AFI Alumni.
    My list: letterboxd.com/darbyact/list/april-2016-scavenger-hunt-13/
    Original List: letterboxd.com/pleinsoleil/list/scavenger-hunt-13-april-2016/

Well... the subject matter is interesting. That counts for something. Actually that counts for all of the stars. While I can't say I love to sit down and watch The Shining I do respect what it does, the film really is a masterpiece by Stanley Kubrick, and Room 237 is a good tribute to that…

• ryan k.

★★★★ Rewatched by ryan k. 19 Apr, 2016

Makes me feel hella sane.