• Matt Lyons

★★★★ Added by Matt Lyons

As a fan of documentaries I want to be ashamed of this particular Kubrick examination film, but as a fan of listening to crazy people talking into microphones I absolutely love it and cannot recommend it enough.

• Timothy Graham

★★½ Watched by Timothy Graham 31 Aug, 2014

Interesting documentary, although, you may need to get out your tinfoil hat to make it through it. If you are a fan of Stanley Kubrick, it may be worth a watch.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

• joerobinow

★★★½ Added by joerobinow

I like Kubrick and symbolism, therefore I like this.

• Robert Motherwell

★★★ Added by Robert Motherwell

Fascinating documentary about hidden meanings in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" ranging from: an allegory of the holocaust, a parody of horror films, an abstract expression of Kubrick's involvement with faking the footage of the moon landings, and a history of Indians in Colorado.
    Certain parts and narrators seem preposterous while others seem to be dead on in their observations-whole film balances between hypnotic theories vs ridiculous and straw grabbing interpretations.
    Still, rather entertaining and does a good job of intercutting footage from other Kubrick films as well as an appropriate use of other random films.
    Makes a viewer want to watch The Shining again.

• Michael Williams

★★★½ Watched by Michael Williams 02 Sep, 2014

Dumb founded, truely enlightening. All made with stock footage and interviews. It will help you respect or oterwise question Kubrick and his film The Shining

• Bill Shannon

★★★★½ Watched by Bill Shannon 01 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• mdh

★★★½ Watched by mdh 01 Sep, 2014

ROOM 237 avoids many of the problems I have with a lot of documentaries: it doesn't spend time on faces that don't necessarily add much to the narrative, it has a sense of humor and irony with narration not quite fitting what you're seeing on screen (I'm thinking especially of the woman saying the skier is clearly a minotaur and of the man saying Bill's skin seems brownish), and it includes a lot of characters with a point of view…

• Najville

Watched by Najville 31 Aug, 2014

ROOM 237 is a documentary about different theories/interpretations of Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING, the film I adored, yet it's barely interesting, ofttimes ridiculous and a tough chore to sit through.

• surfer_rosa

★★★★½ Added by surfer_rosa

Tan sólo le veo cierto desorden.

• sebastian_drogo

★★★ Added by sebastian_drogo

Si prenda un film cult come Shining, un regista geniale
    come Kubrick, e si cerchino i sottotesti nascosti nella pellicola
    in questione.
    Onanismo allo stato puro: c'è chi ci vede la denuncia del genocidio
    dei nativi americani, chi la prova che le immagini dell'Apolli 11
    sulla Luna sono una montatura, eccetera.
    La verità semplice è una, e cioè che come in tutta le opere d'arte,
    ognuno ci vede quello che vuole.
    Resta il capolavoro e il genio che l'ha partorito, il resto sono
    speculazioni, seppur affascinanti, ma sempre speculazioni.

• ChadS101

★★½ Watched by ChadS101 26 Aug, 2014

I wish the theories were more plausible, but this documentary was just a number of super fans that took consistency errors as Kubrick being a genius.

• Matt Zorzi

½ Watched by Matt Zorzi 24 Aug, 2014

Absolute garbage top to bottom. Whatever interesting analysis is in this film is completely lost in atrocious audio and visual editing. The experience was mind numbing and I wish I hadn't stuck through the whole thing. Garbage.