• Mitchell

★★½ Watched by Mitchell 17 Sep, 2014

Interesting but jumped all over the place between different opinions. It didn't stick with one person and go in great depth and a bunch of the sections I found far fetched.

Either way I should probably watch The Shining again.

• braverobot

Watched by braverobot 17 Sep, 2014

Hey, why don't we project that superimposed, slow motion version of "The Shining" through a microscope and an X-ray scanner onto the big dark sky, and maybe we'll see the face of God? Or at least Kubrick waving to us, saying "Finally, somebody got it! Congratulations!"

• Manuel

★★½ Watched by Manuel 01 Sep, 2014 2

Interesante, aunque algunas cosas me parecieron muy rebuscadas.

• teamzizzou

★½ Watched by teamzizzou 14 Sep, 2014

I couldn't care less what the room number was.My house number is 18 so that means its possessed by the devil..its not really 18 but you get my point.yawn

• Clarence Ewing

★★ Added by Clarence Ewing

A group of theorists take turns discussing the hidden meanings and messages contained in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining."

This film is more frustrating than interesting. Some of the points made are worthy of further discussion, such as why Kubrick's movie differed so much from Stephen King's book, and how the director made creative choices that may or may not be statements about war, history, and genocide against Jews and Native Americans. But right alongside that material are pointless and batshit…

• Zach Evans

★½ Watched by Zach Evans 07 Sep, 2014

Well this certainly was fascinating, in the same way that listening to a crazy guy on a bus mumble and rant to nobody about the secret government spies following him around would be fascinating. I think my main problem with this as a documentary is how completely structureless it is. The whole thing is just insane ramblings of conspiracy nuts over clips from The Shining, along with a surprising number of other movies, and there is never any direction to…

• Alex A

★★ Watched by Alex A 05 Sep, 2014

For a while I was interested in checking out Room 237, the documentary behind The Shining's enigmatic and cryptic nature. Unfortunately I felt disappointed, underwhelmed and annoyed throughout most of it. The idea behind this documentary is intriguing, but the execution is lacking thanks to poor editing and a few theories presented in a pretentious manner. Yes interesting and thought provoking theories are present, but are nonetheless outnumbered by ones that range from feeling irrelevant, too drawn out, or simply uninteresting.

• Mike Pisacano

★★★★ Watched by Mike Pisacano 02 Sep, 2014

Room 237 is a documentary about several different people who have deconstructed and analyzed every second of Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining from beginning to end (and in some cases, from end to beginning) to the result of numerous conspiracy theories ranging from the genocide of the Native Americans to Stanley Kubrick faking the Apollo moon landing.
    A majority of the criticisms of Room 237 are from those who don’t believe that the theories presented are true and are not what…

• Trent

★★½ Watched by Trent 04 Sep, 2014

Worth if only for my own reactions. I believed none of the theories presented by the people, but it did make me want to watch Barry Lyndon again. Even if it is a movie made by a "bored genius."

• Matt Lyons

★★★★ Added by Matt Lyons

As a fan of documentaries I want to be ashamed of this particular Kubrick examination film, but as a fan of listening to crazy people talking into microphones I absolutely love it and cannot recommend it enough.

• Timothy Graham

★★½ Watched by Timothy Graham 31 Aug, 2014

Interesting documentary, although, you may need to get out your tinfoil hat to make it through it. If you are a fan of Stanley Kubrick, it may be worth a watch.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

• joerobinow

★★★½ Added by joerobinow

I like Kubrick and symbolism, therefore I like this.