• unfocusedframes

½ Watched by unfocusedframes 17 Jan, 2015

R U B B I S H !

• kvnvis

★★ Watched by kvnvis 24 Jan, 2015

90% of these theories are probably not true.

Some were insightful, but the majority of these theorists were definitely reaching and over-crediting Kubrick for things that basically weren't there. I love finding symbolism in film, especially trying to find meaning to Kubrick's masterpieces, but a lot of these are just reaching way too far.

• Milo

★½ Watched by Milo 21 Jan, 2015

"okay, so uuh in this scene, if you look really closely, (of course you have to be a Kubrick FANATIC like ME to get this) but you see, uuuh go frame by frame and uuh you'll see that the paper tray on the uuh desk is... a uuh ...penis... an erect penis........ *sobs* oh god.... i hate my life"

• Ethan Warren

★★ Watched by Ethan Warren 03 Apr, 2013

I was looking forward to this based on its great reputation and my love of 'The Shining,' but I found it very frustrating. Before too long, it felt like I was cornered at a party by an extremely obnoxious guest and forced to smile and nod through his bullshit. I didn't learn anything from this movie except that there are some people out there with ideas that are out-there to the point of delusion. I'd say don't waste your time.

• Dilip

★★★ Watched by Dilip 18 Jan, 2015

Shining still takes me to places.
    Loved this documentary.

• schweiktronic

★★½ Added by schweiktronic

So many theories, so many crazy people

• Marianna

★★★½ Watched by Marianna 11 Jan, 2015

Review TBA

Overall: Taking an interesting movie already, "Room 237" takes disembodied voices with their own theories on "The Shining", but sometimes runs maybe too far into strange ideas. Without Kubrick there to confirm (which he probably wouldn't), some, even most of the theories seem almost pointless.

• javierpmar

★★★ Watched by javierpmar 10 Jan, 2015

Casi un tratado filosófico sobre la película de Kubrick y su obra en general. A veces interesante, otras veces una crítica posmoderna con todo lo que esto conlleva (muchas licencias, muchos desvaríos, mucha creación a partir de la reflexión metafílmica). Curiosa.

• Michael Schug

★★ Watched by Michael Schug 06 Jan, 2015

Ich fands gehörig langweilig - nicht wegen den verschwurbelten Theorien sondern wegen des Zusammenschnitts, der leider nicht darauf abzielt, die jeweiligen Hypothesen nahvolziehbar zu präsentieren, sonder im Gegenteil, sie zu einem "großen Ganzen"(eigenen Werk) zu amalgamieren.

• Aarom Acero

★★★★ Watched by Aarom Acero 05 Jan, 2015

Puto amo Kubrick.

• Cinemashoppe

★★★½ Added by Cinemashoppe

Loved it. Need to rematch for all of the craziness to seep in.

• Kyan Krumdieck

★★★★ Rewatched by Kyan Krumdieck 03 Jan, 2015

Watched as a double feature with 2001. This is a great film each time I've seen it. Really fascinating, funny, and inspiring about filmmaking.