• Erin Harrington

★★★ Watched by Erin Harrington 01 Jul, 2016

It's rare to see something that so clearly articulates the paradoxical relationship between the idea of the auteur as this all-knowing, all-seeing, deliberate god-like creator figure, and the role of the spectator in making meaning.

• Film_Fan101

½ Watched by Film_Fan101 28 Jun, 2016

This is by far the worst and most poorly constructed documentary I have ever had the displeasure of viewing. It's so shoddily made you'd be forgiven for thinking this was made for some high school project. Why so many have praised this abysmal and atrocity pile of steaming horseshit, I'll never know. What's worse is that there are some interesting theories shown in this film, but they are bogged down by the piss poor rest of the documentary.

• Charles Palentine

★★ Watched by Charles Palentine 26 Jun, 2016

Using The Shining as a vehicle for a thesis, Room 237 is essentially a video essay about the power of film and how people interpret them through projection. It probably could've accomplished its goal in 20-30 minutes, so the 100 minute runtime detracts from the experience as the same portions of scenes are repeated throughout. A few interpretations are interesting, but the film suffers from its repetitive presentation, giving voice to a series of outlandish analyses. It looks cheaply made and hastily put together, culminating in material that's completely available online.

• dondya

★★½ Watched by dondya 25 Jun, 2016

If you go to the opening credits and you pan the frame, you go through the frames right after it says Directed by Stanley Kubrick, as soon as his name passes off the frame, stop and you will see that the clouds have Stanley Kubrick airbrushed into them, his face with the beard and the wild hair and the whole thing. I know this one's a little harder to find. I'm the only one who found and see this. Nobody else see this. Because I'm crazy in the coconut, you know, hehehehe. Also there's a massive hard on in that guy, you see? I'm geniuuuus.

• ♡ alexandria ♡

★★★★ Watched by ♡ alexandria ♡ 24 Jun, 2016

this made me disassociate

• Brian Koukol

Watched by Brian Koukol 23 Jun, 2016

100 tedious minutes of people either pointing things out that aren't there or confusing basic filmmaking technique with orgasmic gestalt. It's a rambling, ridiculous mess.

• Christopher Connell

★★★★ Watched by Christopher Connell 19 Jun, 2016

Long live overthinking.

• Lucia Bellanger

★★ Watched by Lucia Bellanger 14 Jun, 2016

Eh, I found a lot of this movie to be a stretch, even for Kubrick. Couldn't get through the whole thing.

• Uriel

★★★ Watched by Uriel 14 Jun, 2016

This film as a whole is a mess, but some analysis were cool.

• Charles Ingea

★★½ Watched by Charles Ingea 09 Jun, 2016

The movie was a bit pretentious, it tackled a lot of questions but answered a very few of them.

• Lucca Westphal

★★★★ Watched by Lucca Westphal 08 Jun, 2016

PRA PERCEBER TUDO ISSO SÓ VENDO 237 VEZES O FILME

• CPTsean

Watched by CPTsean 06 Jun, 2016

This was pretty awful. It was also a fascinating glimpse into the minds of people with serious problems.  Apophenia is always entertaining, but these people go nutty bonkers with it.