• Magill Foote

★★★½

Here's the thing: I think most of this movie is absolute quackery, but I love how it's assembled. The presentation is everything with Room 237.

• Aljosa

½

This is, uhhh, yeah...

• Jacob

This would've been better as a 20-minute video essay on Vimeo.

• BecauseMovies

Interesting movie with strange yet plausible theories on The Shining. A a lot of the theories are very far fetched and just feel werid and out of place.

• Jennifer

½

As the theories got crazier and crazier, I hated this movie more and more. Seriously, these are the people who make movie-watching terrible.

• Andrew Craddock

★★★★

‪A fascinating series of alternative readings of one of Kubrick's best. The use of film footage keeps things visually interesting throughout.‬

• robmcmillan

★½

A difficult to endure slop of half-baked and self-aggrandizing perspectives that make less sense than the Overlook Hotel's floorplan.

• SeanMcG

★★½

Rodney Ascher has this weird thing where he likes to make documentaries that aren't documentaries

• sophiehurry

At first some of the theories are interesting and give you a unique approach to the analysis of film... but then some of the descriptions get completely out of hand. Kubrick's involvement with the moon landing... really?! The ski poster as a minotaur, Kubrick's face superimposed into a cloud? Although this film did open my perceptions on The Shining it was still disappointingly exaggerated. I understand Kubrick was thorough, but this becomes extreme.

• Katrina

★★½

basically the film equivalent of trying acid for the first time at uni and then remembering you have an essay due the next day so you try and write it when you aren't fully sober and pulling the most random shit out of your ass and you only have a few hours the next morning to go over it before handing it in but somehow you still manage to get a passing grade.

• Tania Britto

★★★

These people have way too much time.

• Thom Loudon

★★★½

This is a fascinating, slightly frantic collage of images and ideas thrown at the screen from Kubrick disciples and delvers all convinced that they understand the real meaning of THE SHINING. Some are wacky, some very funny, others are inspired. One minute you're looking for Kubrick's face in the clouds (for about 5 minutes in my case...) and the next, dwelling on whether there is such a thing as continuity error in Kubrick's cinema. The main thing I'll take away…