• Harrison Porter

★★ Watched by Harrison Porter 23 May, 2016

One star for the great editing of footage for this film, admittedly it's a very well made documentary. Another star for the entertainment it brings me to watch lunatics analyze The Shining. Yes, Kubrick was a genius and I believe he puts messages and themes into each of his films, but I believe the intention for this film was to make a timeless horror film, and he succeeded. The longer this film goes on the harder it is for me to watch.

• vanslater

★★★★★ Watched by vanslater 03 Oct, 2013

• Shoey

★★★½ Watched by Shoey 18 May, 2016

Some of these people are clearly fucking insane and I find that immensely enjoyable.

• Chris Allred

Added by Chris Allred 5

L U N A T I C S

• Kevin Riegle

★★★★ Watched by Kevin Riegle 15 May, 2016

#237 ROOM 237 - There’s a lot of reaching, but it kind of backs into real insight about Kubrick’s horror #DLMChallenge #366Movies #366Days

• John Newfry

★★★½ Watched by John Newfry 14 May, 2016

So Mr. Moon Landing Guy, you can spell another word beside Room and Moon with the letters ROOM & N. And my word uses all of them.

• Jeremy Koh

★★ Watched by Jeremy Koh 07 May, 2016

The original premise and the idea of exploring crazy interpretations and theories about The Shining is kind of humorous and mildly intriguing in the beginning. And then that pretty much repeat itself with every new theory explored with diminishing returns.

• . .

★★★★ Watched by . . 05 May, 2016

Loved hearing all these different crack-pot theories. I was glad to hear the moon landing guy talk about how the government is after him and he is going to be audited by the IRS. Tin Foil hat stuff.
    The guy who saw subliminal images was the most far fetched.
    Definitely a great doc, loved all the other footage from films and how everything was tied together. And they even shot inside Oddball for a few seconds!

• mick culleton

★★★ Added by mick culleton

Documentary about Stanley Kubricks The Shining and the fans interpretations and perceived meanings , Mysterious and provocative, Room 237 is a fascinating journey into the world of obsessive cinephilles.

• FuriousCinema

Added by FuriousCinema 1

One of the most ridiculous, incoherent and psychologically retarded examinations of a film I've ever witnessed. This is analysis at its worst. Total nonsensical brain diarrhea in documentary form.

• kat

★★★½ Added by kat

really enjoyed this documentary about the shining, even though the main thing it managed to do was make me wish i was watching the shining.

• Charlie Walker

★★★★ Watched by Charlie Walker 28 Apr, 2016 1

I absolutely love The Shining, hell at the moment its at the top of my top 50 list (although it rotates with Se7en and 2001 all the time). I've watched The Shining more times than I care to count, but so many things are pointed out in this that just kind of go, woah I didn't notice that before. Although most of these theories are completely crazy, it's brilliantly compelling, and Kubrick's work interests me to the point that I'll…