• Najville

Watched by Najville 31 Aug, 2014

ROOM 237 is a documentary about different theories/interpretations of Stanley Kubrick's THE SHINING, the film I adored, yet it's barely interesting, ofttimes ridiculous and a tough chore to sit through.

• surfer_rosa

★★★★½ Added by surfer_rosa

Tan sólo le veo cierto desorden.

• sebastian_drogo

★★★ Added by sebastian_drogo

Si prenda un film cult come Shining, un regista geniale
    come Kubrick, e si cerchino i sottotesti nascosti nella pellicola
    in questione.
    Onanismo allo stato puro: c'è chi ci vede la denuncia del genocidio
    dei nativi americani, chi la prova che le immagini dell'Apolli 11
    sulla Luna sono una montatura, eccetera.
    La verità semplice è una, e cioè che come in tutta le opere d'arte,
    ognuno ci vede quello che vuole.
    Resta il capolavoro e il genio che l'ha partorito, il resto sono
    speculazioni, seppur affascinanti, ma sempre speculazioni.

• ChadS101

★★½ Watched by ChadS101 26 Aug, 2014

I wish the theories were more plausible, but this documentary was just a number of super fans that took consistency errors as Kubrick being a genius.

• Matt Zorzi

½ Watched by Matt Zorzi 24 Aug, 2014

Absolute garbage top to bottom. Whatever interesting analysis is in this film is completely lost in atrocious audio and visual editing. The experience was mind numbing and I wish I hadn't stuck through the whole thing. Garbage.

• Will Carvalho

★★★★ Watched by Will Carvalho 23 Aug, 2014

Excelente documentário. Bastante rico em argumentos sobre esse grande mestre do cinema Kubrick. Nesse documentário, percebemos minuciosamente como Kubrick era detalhista e criava filmes ricos em simbolismos e metáforas. Claro que tudo aqui apresentado são interpretações de seus idealizadores, com ótimas teorias de nexo para todas as obras do Diretor.

• choombaz

★★★½ Watched by choombaz 14 Aug, 2014

Much of this film seems a huge stretches but there are sections that make a lot of sense taking into the personality and MO of director Stanley Kubrick. I can see why some people would think this film was silly but being a fan I found it fascinating.

• choombaz

★★★½ Watched by choombaz 14 Aug, 2014

S

• sahara88

★½ Rewatched by sahara88 22 Aug, 2014

One of the most inconsistent and unapologetically lazy documentaries I have ever seen.

• Elias Tafwed

★★ Watched by Elias Tafwed 21 Aug, 2014

I'm surprised that a documentary on one of the greatest horror films of all time turns out to be nothing but boring. Seriously, I could care less about the way a skier looks like a Minotaur on a poster.

• Jon Birondo

★★★★½ Watched by Jon Birondo 18 Aug, 2014

An incredibly engrossing and intriguing analysis to one of the greatest film, and horror films, of all time. Everything you know about The Shining is surface level nonsense compared to what this movie has to offer.

• Daniel Nava

★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Nava 17 Aug, 2014

Well take it from me
    What else could you do?
    Where do you get off?
    And how can I get there too?

I think there's a Bukowski quote out there, about how we all need a little craziness in our lives, that fits as well.

Anyway, Room 237. We all have that movie, don't we? Those that linger in the mind? Kinda eating away at us? There's a great line in the film about how someone kept returning to The Shining despite not really liking it. The subjects are obsessed, but passionate. That makes for compelling cinema.