• The Brady Critic

★★ Watched by The Brady Critic 20 Nov, 2014

This all documentary could have been a interesting and a great Documentary, but the pasting is messy and the overall movie itself is dull.

Room 237 is documentary featuring five different points of view - it will lead viewers through a maze that may well bring up more questions than answers.

All through out this documentary you can hear different people talking out of their ass, because all of the facts and theories in documentary are mostly silly and kind…

• Signora Fosca

★★★★ Watched by Signora Fosca 16 Oct, 2013

The ultimate companion piece to THE SHINING because of how detailed the conspiracy theorists are on their theories embedded within Stanley Kubrick's iconic horror film. All of the theories (ranging from the credible to the incredulous) are fascinating, but it brings to mind the concise-ness of filmmaking, the need to have an answer for the elaborate myths, when maybe Kubrick was pulling a trick on everyone and saying that there is no answer. The film ROOM 237 itself is expertly…

• Jarret

★★★ Watched by Jarret 16 Nov, 2014 1

WHERE IS KUBRICK'S FACE IN THE CLOUDS GODDAMNIT

• DrAwesome

★★★ Added by DrAwesome

Not actually a movie about "The Shining", but a movie about how fans, of any kind, can read way too far into the media they love.

• Sam's Labyrinth

★★★½ Watched by Sam's Labyrinth 12 Nov, 2014

I wish every movie had one of these.

• Rob McGregor

Watched by Rob McGregor 22 Apr, 2014

In which... a fantastic movie is mostly over thought by a bunch of people and someone made a doco out of what little is better than an online video series you could find on YouTube.

• fox

★★½ Watched by fox 01 Apr, 2014

well, im convinced. stanley kubrick faked the moon landing

• Matthew Donahue

★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Donahue 11 Nov, 2014

I really like this documentary! From the on-set, it's hard to take any of these theories seriously, but the fun is seeing such a beloved classic deconstructed by those with their own agendas. It seems that all of these people where traumatized by their experience watching The Shining and have found these odd connections to help them coup.

• bmanner

Watched by bmanner 11 Nov, 2014

I decided that from now on I'm not going to give a rating to any documentaries. I find it very hard to decide what to give them. From now on it's either interesting or not interesting.

I enjoyed ROOM 237 because I just watched THE SHINING for the first time the other day and I really liked it. Anyone who liked THE SHINING should give ROOM 237 a chance, but it's not amazing or anything.

INTERESTING (If you're a fan of THE SHINING)

• TheMoon

★★½ Watched by TheMoon 09 Nov, 2014

Interesting I guess. It shows some theories about Kubrick and if you are into that then you'll like it I suppose.

• Conor Day

★★½ Added by Conor Day

I think there are two ways to view this:

1) As a film about the hidden meanings in The Shining.

2) As a film about crazy people with over-active pattern recognition software in their brains.

Watch it that first way, and it is pretty bad. I think the only one I bought into in the least bit was the whole Native American motif throughout the film, but even that was a tenuous connection at best. I mean, moonlanding hoax? Paper…

• Kyle Grimes

★★½ Added by Kyle Grimes

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.