• Connor Gunn

★★★ Added by Connor Gunn

Barely a film, but a very interesting collection of theories. Some have more weight than others, but the fact that there can be so many interpretations is really what makes the Shining such an interesting enigma of a film.

• LUCAS HAYNES

★★½ Watched by LUCAS HAYNES 25 Jul, 2014

These people have had way to much time alone in their bedroom with the shinning! it's almost sad but in the majority of the cases they turned out to be quite interesting. I am not sure I agree with any of them, because the majority of the theory's and speculations were too specific, inspired from a poster or one shot of a movie, but I feel "The Shinning" it is to do with a greater theme of what horror is,…

• Vega Bones

★★★½ Added by Vega Bones

I always knew Kubrick was one of if not the greatest film maker of our time. But I honestly never realized the thought and passion that went into every shot. Granted this is all theory and never actual dialogue from Kubrick himself. This could all be factual or complete bullshit.

Also apparently the final opinion of this movie is that Stanley Kubrick is behind the fake moon landing and hinted at it heavily in The Shining.

Either way, this is a decent watch full of crazy, insightful and pretty obsessive opinions.

• James Utley

★★ Added by James Utley

Some of the film was interesting, and genuinely made sense but the rest was bullshit! Most of the film is filled with lunatics, and the film is made in an unprofessional way. There is a scene where some guy is speaking about how Stanley Kubrick's face is seen in the clouds at the beginning of The Shining, yet the viewer has no vision of this. It's not outlined, so it's pointless. A lot of the points made are also pointless,…

• Nitish

★★★½ Rewatched by Nitish 20 Jul, 2014

A great companion piece after watching "The Shining." It masterly points out some hidden details in the movie that give an underlying message apart from the main story. Some details such as the impossible window and the laps around the Overlook Hotel seriously creeped me out. So many other ones are found in this pretty well made documentary about one of my favorite horror movies of all time.

I had some issues with some of the voice overs that seemed…

• Christof Kurz

★★★★ Watched by Christof Kurz 17 Jul, 2014

Extrem weit hergeholte - dafür aber ungemein packende - Verschwörungstheorien zu Kubrick's THE SHINING. Sehr Unterhaltsam!

• Andrew Bemis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Bemis 22 Jun, 2014 3

Dear Jay Weidner,

Though I've seen The Shining hundreds of times and have never seen Kubrick's face in the clouds, I think it's cool that you do. But please don't call Barry Lyndon boring, that's just crazy talk.

Best,
    Andrew

• zuhair vazir

★★★★½ Added by zuhair vazir 4

One for the conspiracy theorist - rather for the 'stoner' conspiracy theorist.

All along the film I had this sense of someone giggling constantly throughout the film. As if taunting the filmmakers, challenging them to dig more.

That giggle belonged to Kubrick who slammed Stephen King's 'The Shining (1977)' on the bed and moved on to build a story of his own with the Overlook Hotel as the backdrop.

This documentary does not attempt to belittle the film, actually it…

• jbannow

★★★ Watched by jbannow 28 Jun, 2014

Most of the theories presented were pretty wack-a-doodle, but it was neat to see so much insight into such a great film.

• Mr. Film

★½ Watched by Mr. Film 07 Jul, 2014

All talk and no entertainment makes 237 a dull film.

• Harvey Gardner

★★★ Watched by Harvey Gardner 07 Jul, 2014 2

This documentary about 'The Shining' is quite messy and unfocused, but when it works what it tells is fascinating. The link with the moon landing theory and the idea that the film is about the Earth's past of violence are truly very intriguing.

The problems stem from the technicalities. It feels like a youtube video a lot of the time, as the film is simply commentary over the footage of various films, including of course the Shining. It's basically not…

• John

★★★ Watched by John 19 Apr, 2013

This is a compelling movie, not for the theories, which were hit or miss (and often sounded really ridiculous), but for the production value and all the Kubrick clips. However... Upon reflection, I don't really think it's anything THAT special. I'm probably rating it this high because the source material is so amazing.