• Nate

★★★★★ Added by Nate

There is a certain vibe some movies resonate while watching. With some it's the mood of pure nausea, some the feel of being derivative and meandering, but there are those few that seem to leap from the screen, slap you in the face, and scream cool. It happened with 'Pulp Fiction', it was there with 'Trainspotting' and 'The Matrix', and you better believe every precious frame of 'Run Lola Run' drips with a feeling of absolute cool.

Since the movie…

• johnch

★★★½ Rewatched by johnch 27 Sep, 2014

"I'll just keep on running, okay?"

• Victor Krause

★★★★ Rewatched by Victor Krause 25 Sep, 2014

Still weird, still loved it. Possibly more this time.

• Rachmat Ario

★★★★ Added by Rachmat Ario

German thriller directed by Tom Tykwer.this film used interesting techniques & style and make rollercoaster ride of emotions will keep you gripped all the way through as it jumps from soft, dimly lit emotional scenes, to the completely contrasting scenes of running and constant action.

• Ricardo Zimmermann

★★★½ Added by Ricardo Zimmermann

clipe de banda do rick bonadio com 75 min

• bmart17

★★★½ Watched by bmart17 13 Sep, 2014

I see a few people comparing this to a video game (and to a lesser extent, the recent Edge of Tomorrow), and while I do see the slight similarities, it seems more like a combination of that and the Butterfly Effect.

Run Lola Run hinges on one story, but three different outcomes. Each outcome changes drastically based off a small thing (hence the Butterfly effect). Where the film excels at is not narrative or acting though. It is tempo: this…

• Adam Cadre

★★½ Rewatched by Adam Cadre 28 Aug, 2009

• shampoocell

★★★★★ Watched by shampoocell 14 Sep, 2014

What an incredibly fascinating whirlwind!

In less than 90 minutes, this movie deals with chaos theory, multiverse theory, free will, and "sonder," and with enough detail and emotional depth to leave your brain sizzling. The driving score keeps the movie's pace elevated, occasionally aligning with Lola's chanting narration. Every background and scene detail is meticulously crafted; I can't wait to rewatch and spend most of the movie pausing to spot new things.

"Sonder. The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows. n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own."

• Frederick Parra

★★★★ Watched by Frederick Parra 10 Sep, 2014

Ejemplo de libro sobre como mantener un ritmo acelerado en una película, sientes que vives la carrera de Lola y la banda sonora se lleva gran parte de ese crédito. Siempre sentí tensión por lo siguiente inmediato que pasaría, excelente.

No me gustó el final (ahora adivinen cual final es XDDD).

PD: No he visto la primera película alemana que me disguste.

PDD: Lola tiene el cabello rojo <3<3<3<3<3<3 #EnamoramientoInstantáneo

• The Invisible Man

★★★★ Watched by The Invisible Man 10 Sep, 2014

What was it that Forrest Gump said? "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." While this analogy might not exactly apply to this French film. I think it actually makes a lot of sense. Life throws things at you constantly and you're dodging them to save your life. You never know what the day will bring, you could get shot, or you could win the lottery. On this particular day, Lola gets a…

• Ben O

★★★½ Watched by Ben O 06 Sep, 2014

Now I enjoy being screamed at by young ambitious directors as much as the next guy, but the first 15 minutes or so of this with its contrived grasps at profundity, 2 epigraphs, animations, throbbing techno etc etc really alienated me quite quickly. However it all got me eventually. Its just too electric and gripping to dislike for too long. I do think Tykwer's indulges quite a bit on a few occasions and I still dont really get the point…

• Colby

★★★★ Watched by Colby 29 Aug, 2014

I hadn't seen this since I was 12 and of course I didn't understand any part of it. Very much enjoyed it upon my 2nd viewing. Perhaps the most German film I've ever seen. ha