• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 20 Apr, 2008

Lola rennt is an 81-minute long adrenaline shot of originality and excitement. Featuring Franka Potente in a great leading performance, this is a mind-twisting film that succeeds at not being contrived or convoluted in spite of the story's nature running the risk of being so.

• Aracno

★★★★ Watched by Aracno 25 Aug, 2014 2

“What happened to you? Did you run here?”

There are fantastic themes and ideas explored here.

Run Lola Run is an entertaining, refreshing, and absorbing idea-filled wonder that I thoroughly enjoyed.

The film follows Lola, a woman who needs to obtain a large sum of money in a short amount of time to save her boyfriend's life. The moral consequences of various actions that she takes are explored in differing plots and outcomes. There's animation, shifts between perspectives, random bursts…

• Justin Swanson

★★★★½ Watched by Justin Swanson 24 Aug, 2014

A tightly packed, reality-bending, breathless look at the effects the smallest decisions make on our lives, and the lives of those around us. Also, lots of Red.

• Rob McGregor

★★★ Rewatched by Rob McGregor 28 Mar, 2014

In which.... the repetition is an enjoyable film watching experience, and yet re-watching the film somehow only also provides more enjoyment out of it's concept.

• Jude Seymour

Watched by Jude Seymour 11 Jun, 2001

It was most excellent. I felt like it played out like a song. It took the idea of mere seconds changing the course of your life forever and played with it three times. The three times acted as verses, with their transitions (or rather start-overs) becoming refrains. It was a beautiful film, and I really enjoyed it. A short flick at 81 minutes too, so it gets the official "If you're the last person in the world to see this flick like I was, go out and rent it now!" recommendation.

• Tyrion Lannister

★★★½ Watched by Tyrion Lannister 21 Aug, 2014

Hi, I'm Joe, and I have a movie problem.

There are many things I should be doing right now instead of watching my 3rd movie of the day. One for example is sleeping. Another could be writing various college essay shit. Or reading a book I have to do. Or even working on my screenplay I'm trying to make. But here I am, watching a German chaos theory thriller at 1 AM.

I went into this movie the wrong way,…

• Brett Leach

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brett Leach 18 Aug, 2014

This movie really holds up well. It is just as exciting now as it was 15 years ago. Incredible movie.

• David

★★ Added by David

The gimmick gets old VERY quickly.

• Willem Kagenaar

★★★★ Watched by Willem Kagenaar 12 Aug, 2014

I can't explain what it is, but I can say that this movie shows that things can go all directions. I didn't quite get what I was expecting, but that doesn't say that I didn't enjoy Lola. It feels more like a 1,5 hour videoclip. It really fits in that 'Trainspotting' style generation of filmmaking. Using a lot of electromusic, fast editingtechniques, quick-cuts and slowmotion. I can't really figure out how it ended, because they show it three times differently. In the end the GREAT movies, are the ones that ask us the questions. I love this pinkhair girl!

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 15 Jan, 2010

Not as complex as I recalled, but that's not a bad thing. This is a little gem of a movie which tells its tale with economy and verve.

• SJHoneywell

★★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

Solid thriller film
    Told three times and in three ways.
    I recall red hair.

• Matt Conti

Watched by Matt Conti 14 Mar, 2014

Who said flashy films couldn't be smart?

Though seriously. An intelligent film that's just a blast from beginning to end. It's a German film that still can still feel the blast from the Berlin Wall coming down, but it's as if it's all beginning to breathe. The less said about it, the better. I'm kind of pissed it took me so long to see this. I would have loved it even more in my teens.