• pstead

★★ Watched by pstead 25 Nov, 2015

If a film is based on a premise of suspense, it has to do two things. Firstly the viewer has to care about the person who is in jeopardy. This film is about a petty criminal and his girlfriend, of whom we know little. we are supposed to cheer her on while she ensures the success of an organised crime deal. Go mafia go!
    Secondly you have to believe that the threat is authentic. So if you offer three different versions of the same 20 minute chase, then any suggestion of authenticity is gone. Who cares whether she gets there or not?

• Al

★★★★ Added by Al

Just watched it again recently. The energy is electrifying.

• Tyler

★★★★ Watched by Tyler 19 Nov, 2015

Great editing. Awesome concise story that is honestly just fun to watch.

• Cavin Hawkins

★½ Watched by Cavin Hawkins 16 Nov, 2015

If Darude Sandstorm was a movie.

Basically, you get thrown into a situation before you even have a chance to care about the characters, and go from there. Halfway through, without any explanation, it starts over, with everything happening a little differently. At this point, I'm annoyed at the lack of setup and explanation. Twenty minutes later, it restarts again, with some more variations. By now, I'm officially done with the movie. Unfortunately, though, the movie isn't done with me…

• Jim Camp

★★★★ Rewatched by Jim Camp 12 Nov, 2015

Lola has twenty minutes in which to find 100,000 marks or her boyfriend dies. This film goes through three different scenarios as Lola runs around Berlin, trying to find the money. Each scenario involves the same people, but with different outcomes.

Set to a thumping soundtrack, "Run Lola Run" has an energy that few other films can match. Superb.

• Matt Albino

★★★ Watched by Matt Albino 10 Nov, 2015

• Evan Young

★★★★ Watched by Evan Young 11 Nov, 2015

A trendy millenial's wet dream: high octane and nicely shot, set in 1990s Germany, hopped up on a whole lot of narcotics, and soundtracked by wave after wave of pulsing techno.

• Aimee

★★★★ Watched by Aimee 10 Nov, 2015

Very refreshing take on an action thriller. Very entertaining. Had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

• Zach

★★★ Watched by Zach 10 Nov, 2015

very fast.

• AwesomeAverage

★★★½ Watched by AwesomeAverage 10 Nov, 2015

*watched in IB film*

Stylish, fast-paced, smart, and thrilling, Run Lola Run keeps you entertained from start to finish.

• Warriors

★★★★★ Added by Warriors 1

I saw this movie years ago and was already impressed by it - i watched it again now these days and it seems that i know where Tarantino got his ideas.
    This picture is told in three different ways but stays with the same storyboard! Wonderful and very well acted - and a nice atmosphere - it all plays in Germany!

• James Healey

★★★★ Rewatched by James Healey 31 Oct, 2015

No messing about. Great soundtrack. Liked the butterfly-effect style flash forwards. [Rewatch]