• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

So, I managed to date the one geeky/weirdo coastie (not sure on the spelling...that is what we called coast guard guys here. Is this familiar to anyone else)? Anyway, he recommended I watch this (the same guy who recommended Grave of the Fireflies and Happiness). I really liked it and was therefore able to give myself a pat on the back for liking it!

No, actually what's not to like? Fast pacing and not a lot of plot (plus a…

• Adam Cook

½ Watched by Adam Cook 01 Mar, 2015

Film #10 of The Cinematheque's 24 Hour Movie Marathon

• Andy Smith

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Smith 01 Mar, 2015

Flaming red haired German girl runs to save her boyfriend accompanied by almost-constant, awesomely infectious techno/tribal/dance music.

I've seen this before, but didn't fully appreciate how awesome it is. An extremely simple concept and setup combines with some great cinematography, direction, and a soundtrack that keeps the tension up the whole way through. With a minimum of time to establish the characters, we're still bought in quickly and feel for their fates. The film takes three separate paths (runs) on…

• Cam Smith

★★★★ Rewatched by Cam Smith 01 Mar, 2015

*24 Hour Film Festival selection #10 at Vancouver's Pacific Cinematheque.

• Sean Hillary

★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Hillary 28 Feb, 2015

First time at an Alamo Drafthouse. Awesome time and really fun movie.

• Devin Sheridan

★★★½ Rewatched by Devin Sheridan 19 Feb, 2015

80 min run time... seewhatididthere?

• Mischka

★★★½ Watched by Mischka 15 Feb, 2015

This movie was not as mind-blowing as I expected though I did enjoy the video-game style replay structure. I wish there had been more layers of affect and change in each of the scenarios, or even possibly more but shorter 'runs'. Still,I'm glad I've seen this 'important' film.

• theewancoats

★★★★ Rewatched by theewancoats 21 Feb, 2010

Run Lola Run is a perfect film for what it is, and how it concludes. Lola's boyfriend, a minor criminal is supposed to deliver money to his colleague. But he leaves the money on the train. He calls Lola in a fear to ask her to replace the money as soon as possible in order to save his life. The three outcomes happen based on small events that show how interesting parallel alternatives can be. A great meta film.

• jocelyn

★★★★★ Watched by jocelyn 26 Jun, 2014

three different endings yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
    but the gaps and the fucking long scenes no fucking way that was 20 minutes

• Chloe

★★★★ Added by Chloe

I don't like foreign films but I did enjoy this. The fast paced story told in three different ways was really interesting and something I would watch again even if I have to put up with subtitles.

• Cecilia Barroso
  • Itchy_Napoleon

★★★★ Rewatched by Itchy_Napoleon 03 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

(Rachel) This was Tim’s pick and although it had subtitles I was glad it wasn’t another Samurai film. It’s German and man they talk sooo fast! I don’t think ‘m a slow reader but the dialogue is so fast I found myself rushing, and I think that’s on purpose of course since the movie is very fast itself, hence the title. I normally don’t like the actress Franka Potente who plays the title character, but I think she was great…