• Andrew

★★★★ Watched by Andrew 18 Mar, 2008

The first time I saw "Run Lola Run", I loved it and this time wasn't too much different. It's actually one of those movies that seeing it for the first time has it's benefits over all the other times you'll see it. When you're first watching it and Lola is shot at around the twenty - thirty minute mark, you have a, sort of, "what the fuck" moment, as you realize the red-haired maiden from the front of the DVD…

• unhommesombre

★★★★ Watched by unhommesombre 19 Jan, 2015

great soundtrack, 3rd times the charm, stay in shape, timing is everything, how many small things/alterations make all the difference?,

• paul

★★★ Watched by paul 13 Jan, 2015

Writer/director Tom Kykwer pulls out all the stops in this 1998 German film. Split screen, stop motion, bits of animation inventively added; all supported by a Euro/techno score, make this an interesting, if not compelling view.

The story is a simple one, but what Kykwer does within that framework is truly inventive. We start with a guy in a phone booth telling his girlfriend, Lola, that he’s in a heap o trouble. In a nice black and white backtrack, we…

• rzor

★★★★★ Added by rzor

Well, nice and cheap.

Fascinating and exciting film full of adrenaline and little known, that like good wine, which is slowly gaining weight over the years.

I also recommend "The Experiment" by the same actor, but the German version, not the American remake of 2010.

• Dave

★★★★★ Added by Dave

"Run Lola Run" is a fun, memorable movie-going experience, unlike anything I have ever seen.

Franka Potente runs and runs and runs, desperately trying to save her troubled boyfriend from danger while affecting the lives of many on her way. Simple, right? Wrong.

What makes Tom Tykwer's chaotic masterpiece so special and complex is its thoughtful way of dealing with fate, luck and second chances. The butterfly effect, chaos theory, existentialism -- it's all there and brain-twistingly electrifying. The music is incredibly pulsating and alive, while the eye-popping visual style bursts out of every corner of the screen.

One of a kind.

• forkerball

★★★ Rewatched by forkerball 02 Jan, 2015

To cut a long story short we gave a guy called Manni is to deliver 100,000 deutsche marks to a gangster but he leaves the money on a train (silly bastard) so he calls his girlfriend, a flame haired Franka Potente to find the money in a 20 minute window or he will rob a bank. We see Lola's 20 minute journey three times, each run is basically the same but is also different enough so we have a different…

• LeaPodolski01

★★ Added by LeaPodolski01

Was probably quite revolutionary when it came out, but now comes across as a stale story that has been done a thousand times by TV and film. The whole idea of 'keep going back to change something slightly' has been done a lot now and RLR seems dated. Manni is a character that I can't help getting annoyed at as he seems to flail around the entire film while Lola takes control. Even Lola can't make a sensible decision as she goes back to change things. The finale might seem conclusive, but the whole casino scene is completely unlikely even for film.

• Raja

★★★★½ Added by Raja

Intelligent. Economical. Elegant. Brilliant.

• Zim Dela Peña

★★★½ Watched by Zim Dela Peña 23 Dec, 2014

I feel like I want to run.

• ScreeningNotes

★★★★ Watched by ScreeningNotes 19 Dec, 2014 4

Decades Project: 2/9 of the 90's

"The ball is round, a game lasts 90 minutes, everything else is pure theory. Off we go!"

Manni, a small-time criminal, finally gets the big-time job that means he's beginning to gain his boss's trust. This is the test to see if he's worthy. And he screwed it up. He lost the money. So now it's up to his loyal girlfriend Lola to get him out of the mess he's created. And she just…

• dyvetz

Added by dyvetz

Garbage. Kieslowski played this concept waaaayyy better.

• Mohsen

★★★½ Watched by Mohsen 09 Dec, 2014

Lola is good!
    I think she would be game-over-ed dying for the third time, good thing she didn't.