• Rembrandt Q Pumpernickel

½ Watched by Rembrandt Q Pumpernickel 20 Mar, 2015

A hodgepodge of ideas, none of them connecting to or benefitting the others, Run Lola Run was by far the most boring film I watched for this project. Despite the supposed intensity of its story, the bizarre and meaningless way it's constructed left me tired from almost the first moment, and almost everything after that was like suffering through a student film that was given way too much money. Even Franka Potente, who I quite enjoyed in Bourne is so…

• jadecanard

★★★½ Added by jadecanard

Interesting framing of the alternative stories.

• David Howland

★★★★½ Watched by David Howland 07 Mar, 2015

Smart, frenetic, hugely influential and endlessly parodied. 80 mins where nothing lets up, camera, soundtrack...Lola. She runs...3 times, each with marginal differences effecting the outcome of her and her boyfriend's plight. Energy is almost unmatched (perhaps a good thing), meticulously created by Tykwer.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★ Rewatched by Josiah Morgan 23 Mar, 2015

Mr. Tykwer, never change.

• Brendan Jones

★★★½ Added by Brendan Jones

Frantic, driving pace - if a movie could ever be compared favorably to a rave, this is the one.

I liked it more back in the 98 when I saw it originally; now that I'm looking at it again it's apparent how MUCH they were trying to cram into this thing! There's alternative story telling, alternative cinematography, alternative people, it's all just thrown in your face and it's on you to try to make sense of it all.
    Still dig it, but it does reek of 90s overkill.

• emonemo

★★★ Watched by emonemo 17 Mar, 2015

Una película con personalidad.

• Mette Kowalski

★★★★★ Watched by Mette Kowalski 08 Mar, 2015

I want more German cinema like this.

• Vex ༈

★★★★★ Watched by Vex ༈ 10 Mar, 2015

This was really fantastic. This reminded me of Groundhog Day, using similar method of showing the same events from slightly different perspectives but Run Lola Run still deals with these ideas in an equally clever, original, and pleasing way. Characters are well portrayed too. Deals with philosophical views of fate which does an excellent job of portraying it. Also loved the film’s techno score with these running scenes make the visuals stylish. Run Lola Run is fast-paced pure 90s fun.

• Clark Stevens

★★★★ Rewatched by Clark Stevens 08 Mar, 2015

It's been a while since I watched this, and I've got to say I'd forgot how much fun it is.
    Delivering all the technical & narrative conventions associated with hip films from the late 90s, such as sped up frame rates, colorful animated sequences, 360 camera shots and the then standard text character introductions.
    All this stimuli is delivered at a breakneck pace, with super kinetic editing.

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

So, I managed to date the one geeky/weirdo coastie (not sure on the spelling...that is what we called coast guard guys here. Is this familiar to anyone else)? Anyway, he recommended I watch this (the same guy who recommended Grave of the Fireflies and Happiness). I really liked it and was therefore able to give myself a pat on the back for liking it!

No, actually what's not to like? Fast pacing and not a lot of plot (plus a…

• Adam Cook

½ Watched by Adam Cook 01 Mar, 2015

Film #10 of The Cinematheque's 24 Hour Movie Marathon

• Andy Smith

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Smith 01 Mar, 2015

Flaming red haired German girl runs to save her boyfriend accompanied by almost-constant, awesomely infectious techno/tribal/dance music.

I've seen this before, but didn't fully appreciate how awesome it is. An extremely simple concept and setup combines with some great cinematography, direction, and a soundtrack that keeps the tension up the whole way through. With a minimum of time to establish the characters, we're still bought in quickly and feel for their fates. The film takes three separate paths (runs) on…