• Matt Conti

Watched by Matt Conti 14 Mar, 2014

Who said flashy films couldn't be smart?

Though seriously. An intelligent film that's just a blast from beginning to end. It's a German film that still can still feel the blast from the Berlin Wall coming down, but it's as if it's all beginning to breathe. The less said about it, the better. I'm kind of pissed it took me so long to see this. I would have loved it even more in my teens.

• Viktor Jerner

★★★★ Watched by Viktor Jerner 24 Jul, 2014

The energy in this movie is INSANE. It takes off like a runaway train and never stops, almost derailing at every turn. But it doesn't, it just keeps on going at breakneck speed with a unique visual style and some of the most ballsy editing I have ever seen. Franka Potente is great. A must see!

• Edgar Cochran

★★★★★ Rewatched by Edgar Cochran 09 Jul, 2014 8

Chaos Theory stipulates that all dynamic systems are deterministic, which means that a system can be significantly affected by small changes in its component variables. However, these deterministic systems are, as the name implies, already determined by the nature of their initial conditions. That is, a system has an infinite number of theoretical possible conclusions, but the same origin. These drastic repercussions caused by small variables in a dynamic system is also known as Butterfly Effect.

The Butterfly Effect is…

• leah

★★★★½ Added by leah

i saw this movie in ap lang and it was really weird but the more i thought about it the more i started liking it?????? ik a lot of people who didn't but i thought the concept was really cool and it was really well done there was more to it than the initial plot which i liked

• Aske Pedersen

★★★★ Rewatched by Aske Pedersen 20 Jul, 2014

Kinetic and frenzied, poetic and insightful. Ruddy excellent craftsmanship by Tykwer.

• Kevin Huang

★★★★ Added by Kevin Huang

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Melanie Killingsworth

★★★★ Added by Melanie Killingsworth

This is an exercise in styles, in feeling, and in various mediums (animation, film, video game). It's simple in writing and acting. Sometimes it feels more like a series of set pieces than anything, but when those set pieces are mostly gorgeous and include an ambulance crashing through an enormous plate glass window, speculative Polaroid flashforwards into passerby's futures, a group of nuns facing off with a red-haired punk, and monochrome musings on the way our brains process relationships, that's a good thing.

• fermion

★½ Watched by fermion 13 Jul, 2014

old coward

• Dan Carter

★★★★ Watched by Dan Carter 04 Jun, 2014

I challenge anybody to find me a film that is more intrinsically 90's than Run Lola Run, a non-stop thrill ride that explores and pushes the filmic medium to its most stylish potential. Franka Potente is Lola; a young woman partly responsible for the imminent death of her boyfriend at the hands of his mob boss employer. Lola has 20 minutes to get 100,000 marks to her beau, and Tom Tykwer's 80 minute film takes place entirely in that 20…

• Øivind N

★★★★ Watched by Øivind N 02 Jul, 2014

I like the style of the movie, action packed and fun. Great soundtrack.

• SteveZ

★★★★½ Watched by SteveZ 28 Jun, 2014

Run Lola Run is the epitome of the word "thriller" and it quite possibly may be the most all-out fun I've had while watching a movie since I first watched Snatch earlier this year.

The film is remarkably similar to an episode of the NBC sitcom Community in which there are six different outcomes (aka "timelines") from the roll of a di. In this film, the protagonist, Lola, has to come up with 100,000 marks in order to save her…

• Ali Heidari

★★★★★ Watched by Ali Heidari 27 Jun, 2014

Run Lola Run. What a cool title.

It tells the tale of a young man, Manni, who one day was doing a job for crime boss. The job was just to deliver a bag of money to him with 100000 DM which roughly translates to $20000 or $25000 US. Unfortunatly Manni leaves the money on a train and is totally screwed unless he can get the money back in 20 minutes. So he calls his girlfriend, Lola (and no, she…