• chandrukrish24

★★★ Watched by chandrukrish24 04 Apr, 2014

Thrice the entertainment in one single movie. # Brilliant

• DavidWSpencer

★★★★ Rewatched by DavidWSpencer 02 Apr, 2014

I'm not quite sure if Tom Tykwer quite knew the full potential of this film. Don't get me wrong, it is quite the trip, with evocative style five years ahead of its time and a story that goes beyond its gimmick, giving you fully realized characters worth caring about. But it doesn't quite step into the lengths it could easily have gone, and never faced the consequences brought on with the rules of the world (like with the gun safety). Still, it shocked me how personal and character-driven this high-concept film is, and definitely deserves to be celebrated.

• mafrazie

★★★★½ Watched by mafrazie 04 Mar, 2000

I first watched this movie during my senior year of High School in my German IV class. Still only able to understand phrases and of the language slowly spoken phrases, the movie resonated very well.

Based around the idea of how small interactions and mistakes in the course of daily life can lead to dire consequences (think chaos theory on smaller scale).

The start of the movie immediately jumps into the action of the based all around Lola's boyfriend leaving…

• Tea

★★★★½ Watched by Tea 29 Mar, 2014

Zaljubila sam se u kameru i režiju, da ne govorim i u soundtrack. Napetica i nabrijavanje. Falilo mi je nešto takvo :)

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★★ Added by Tom Prankerd

Like having adrenhaline injected into your spine. Breathless, imaginative (I maintain that this is within a whisker of being a superhero film; Lola rolls back time twice and breaks a casino through sheer willpower) and fantastically constructed. Plus Franka Potente is splendid in every single way.

The safety catch puts a big, stupid grin on my face every single time. Masterful.

• Dominic Biondi

★★★★½ Added by Dominic Biondi 1

Watching this movie is the equivalent of cinematic crack. Lots of films before and since have tried using an MTV-style of direction and editing and story-telling throughout a feature-length movie. Only this one has succeeded.

It's fun, breathless and audacious - hell, it just tells the same story three different times! But it's not only surface gloss; the theme of fate and coincidence and the fact of a second or two here or there could alter your life forever, is…

• Christian Haigis

★★★½ Watched by Christian Haigis 24 Feb, 2014

Fast-paced and thrilling.

• CnAFilms

★★★★ Watched by CnAFilms 07 Mar, 2014

A very intense and fast-paced thriller that was entertaining from star to finish. A very good film.

• kylegarvey

★★★ Added by kylegarvey

As a purely creative, theoretical enterprise, this is a staggering, remarkable achievement, a film that's by turns hectic and careful, a mark of great energy and passion. But as a vision of narrative artistry, it earns only an indifferent shrug. Its screech-halty vision of deterministic life, crossing mob-movie tension with a young woman's plain verve, is slung in a coy place somewhere between those two extremes.

We're given not one linear story, but a single premise (Lola needs to deliver…

• Emma

★★★½ Watched by Emma 24 Feb, 2014

Run Lola Run was a unique, atmospheric film that managed to hold my attention despite the reoccurring scenes that could have easily driven me to boredom. Though the stylistic choices weren't for me, they worked well with the movie. However, the visual snapshots of strangers and cartoon scenes created a very specific world and presence for the characters in this film that I enjoyed. It often felt like my own mind, where I am constantly imagining different ways something could go and it depicted a world of possibilities in a fun, imaginative way.

• Ellie Clem

★★★★★ Watched by Ellie Clem 23 Feb, 2014

Fantastic! It reminds me of Groundhog Day in that it's based on the butterfly effect - how tiny changes in one point in time can result in large differences later on - but unlike Groundhog Day, Run Lola Run is fast-paced and gripping. The plot line is really clever and there's a lot of attention to detail, cinematography-wise there's lots of cool stuff going on and the characters are all original, interesting, and believable. Definitely going in my favourites list!

• Ashley Norris

★★★½ Watched by Ashley Norris 04 Feb, 2014

Clever, different, interesting. Some wonderful cinematography, great techno music pulsing to the running sequences and a film that's not afraid of being entirely different stylistically.