• Lenny Rosbach

★★★½ Added by Lenny Rosbach 8

Naar aanleiding van de aankomende Duitse film "Victoria", eentje waar ik enorm naar uitkijk, heb ik maar een film opgezet waarin de regisseur van "Victoria" meespeelt, genaamd "Lola Rennt". Een heel rare film, maar een volledig originele en vooral leuke ervaring. Een bizarre rit van 75 minuten. De montage en de heerlijke 90ies techno soundtrack zorgen ervoor dat die bizarre rit spannend blijft. Het voelt aan als een videogame. Franka Potente zuigt de camera naar zich toe als "Lola", ze…

• MichaelDub

★★★★★ Watched by MichaelDub 28 Jul, 2015

I have seen the film when it came out and liked it. But now I watched it again after 18 years and I'm stunned about how good it is.
    The film is very innovative, running the same story three times, but always with a different twist and ending.
    It's basically this: Lola gets a call from her boy friend who tells her he need 100k Mark within 20 min otherwise he will die. Lola tries to get the money and…

• Shea

★★★★½ Watched by Shea 27 Jul, 2015

i needed to kill some time so i decided to watch a movie. i'm scrolling through all of these movies and "run lola run" catches my eye. speaking of eyes. i didn't even blink through this film, because it was so fucking good. the soundtrack, the art, the way it was told. it was just all-around amazing. high recommend!

• LiaN

★★★★½ Added by LiaN

"What happened to you? Did you run here?"

I know Lola, in 20 minutes I want to spend my life at his side. A fascinating aesthetic that only the 90s can provide.
    Lola does not stop, with amazing animation interventions, a typical and vibrant soundtrack that did not make me blink my eyes following every destination that people are taking in their path. An active agent of chaos theory.

• Luca Lagerstrom

★★★★ Watched by Luca Lagerstrom 26 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The way this film is made looks, feels, and acts as a video game. That is because of the plot. I won't tell you the plot, but I can tell you the frame:
    The same event is played three times over, and each time, you die, and start over in the next round, like a video game. If you don't reach your goal at a certain time, you die. Like in a video game.

Not only must you look at…

• Leinha

★★★★ Added by Leinha

Lola Rennt 1998 (7.8) Njemačka

• Alex

★★★★★ Added by Alex

Best German movie I ever had the pleasure to watch.

• Brett Larson

★★★★ Watched by Brett Larson 30 Jun, 2015

Probably in my top 10 favorite foreign films.

• Cameren Lee

Watched by Cameren Lee 12 Jul, 2015

Sure, it's a gimmick flick, but I had fun. "Wish" is still stuck in my head.

• Lena Houst

★★★½ Watched by Lena Houst 10 Jul, 2015

I kept expecting/hoping for another cycle. Perhaps I simply wanted to be caught forever in its vortex.

Viewed on 35mm. I can't imagine this thing being quite as pulsating in digital, let alone digital transfer. On a note mostly unrelated to the film itself, I'm feeling increasingly more disillusioned by film shot & projected digitally. The tactile, concrete basis of film is something I feel an immediate, intimate relation to. If a great film's shot on digital, I won't hesitate in hailing it, but it's rarely for its projected surface.

• RicScott

★★★★½ Added by RicScott

Have seen 3 or 4 times, latest with Mark and Karen 7/4/15

• Brendan Edwards

★★★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 30 Jun, 2015

This film is like a video game storyline that replays itself three times with three different turns of events in a fast paced rush of excitement with a spell-binding techno soundtrack to go with it. The lead that plays Lola is like sonic the hedgehog that just keeps on running and running tirelessly throughout the film. Great fun...