• Ricardo Zimmermann

★★★½ Added by Ricardo Zimmermann

clipe de banda do rick bonadio com 75 min

• bmart17

★★★½ Watched by bmart17 13 Sep, 2014

I see a few people comparing this to a video game (and to a lesser extent, the recent Edge of Tomorrow), and while I do see the slight similarities, it seems more like a combination of that and the Butterfly Effect.

Run Lola Run hinges on one story, but three different outcomes. Each outcome changes drastically based off a small thing (hence the Butterfly effect). Where the film excels at is not narrative or acting though. It is tempo: this…

• Adam Cadre

★★½ Rewatched by Adam Cadre 28 Aug, 2009

• shampoocell

★★★★★ Watched by shampoocell 14 Sep, 2014

What an incredibly fascinating whirlwind!

In less than 90 minutes, this movie deals with chaos theory, multiverse theory, free will, and "sonder," and with enough detail and emotional depth to leave your brain sizzling. The driving score keeps the movie's pace elevated, occasionally aligning with Lola's chanting narration. Every background and scene detail is meticulously crafted; I can't wait to rewatch and spend most of the movie pausing to spot new things.

"Sonder. The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows. n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own."

• Frederick Parra

★★★★ Watched by Frederick Parra 10 Sep, 2014

Ejemplo de libro sobre como mantener un ritmo acelerado en una película, sientes que vives la carrera de Lola y la banda sonora se lleva gran parte de ese crédito. Siempre sentí tensión por lo siguiente inmediato que pasaría, excelente.

No me gustó el final (ahora adivinen cual final es XDDD).

PD: No he visto la primera película alemana que me disguste.

PDD: Lola tiene el cabello rojo <3<3<3<3<3<3 #EnamoramientoInstantáneo

• The Invisible Man

★★★★ Watched by The Invisible Man 10 Sep, 2014

What was it that Forrest Gump said? "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." While this analogy might not exactly apply to this French film. I think it actually makes a lot of sense. Life throws things at you constantly and you're dodging them to save your life. You never know what the day will bring, you could get shot, or you could win the lottery. On this particular day, Lola gets a…

• Ben O

★★★½ Watched by Ben O 06 Sep, 2014

Now I enjoy being screamed at by young ambitious directors as much as the next guy, but the first 15 minutes or so of this with its contrived grasps at profundity, 2 epigraphs, animations, throbbing techno etc etc really alienated me quite quickly. However it all got me eventually. Its just too electric and gripping to dislike for too long. I do think Tykwer's indulges quite a bit on a few occasions and I still dont really get the point…

• Colby

★★★★ Watched by Colby 29 Aug, 2014

I hadn't seen this since I was 12 and of course I didn't understand any part of it. Very much enjoyed it upon my 2nd viewing. Perhaps the most German film I've ever seen. ha

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 20 Apr, 2008

Lola rennt is an 81-minute long adrenaline shot of originality and excitement. Featuring Franka Potente in a great leading performance, this is a mind-twisting film that succeeds at not being contrived or convoluted in spite of the story's nature running the risk of being so.

• Aracno

★★★★ Watched by Aracno 25 Aug, 2014 2

“What happened to you? Did you run here?”

There are fantastic themes and ideas explored here.

Run Lola Run is an entertaining, refreshing, and absorbing idea-filled wonder that I thoroughly enjoyed.

The film follows Lola, a woman who needs to obtain a large sum of money in a short amount of time to save her boyfriend's life. The moral consequences of various actions that she takes are explored in differing plots and outcomes. There's animation, shifts between perspectives, random bursts…

• Justin Swanson

★★★★½ Watched by Justin Swanson 24 Aug, 2014

A tightly packed, reality-bending, breathless look at the effects the smallest decisions make on our lives, and the lives of those around us. Also, lots of Red.

• Rob McGregor

★★★ Rewatched by Rob McGregor 28 Mar, 2014

In which.... the repetition is an enjoyable film watching experience, and yet re-watching the film somehow only also provides more enjoyment out of it's concept.