• Victoria

★★½ Added by Victoria

C-

• Mara

Rewatched by Mara 01 Mar, 2016

The only thing Ryan Murphy hasn't completely fucked up, but this is like a knock off of a Wes Anderson film and Annette Bening deserves better... I can't believe my trashy ass still loves this movie though

• John Ryan

★★ Watched by John Ryan 07 Feb, 2016

I think i'm sick of Ryan Murphy's work. It's a constant disappointment. He comes up with compelling concepts and brings in fairly good actors, but never pulls through in the end.

The flow of this film is very disjointed. Each scene carries a different tone than the one before. Then again maybe that is fitting given the theme of the story. There are a few good scenes sprinkled in here and there, but overall the film fell flat for me.

I kinda regret the $2 I spent to buy it; It's not really something I would watch again. 4/10: should have just downloaded it illegally.

• Kaloyan

★★★★ Watched by Kaloyan 31 Jan, 2016

Strange stuff.

• Quinn

★★★½ Added by Quinn

All I remember is laughing out loud in the theater. Now that I own it, must re-watch.

• Michael Borshuk

★★½ Watched by Michael Borshuk 29 Dec, 2015

Uneven adaptation of Augusten Burroughs's memoir of family dysfunction is interesting for some good performances and strong art direction but ultimately too undecided in its tone to leave much of an impression.

• Brett Leach

★★★ Watched by Brett Leach 14 Nov, 2015

Strange movie about a bizarre childhood. Great cast and 70's soundtrack. But the film is kinda lacking.

• Sam Blackburn

★★ Watched by Sam Blackburn 14 Mar, 2016

Okay I question a lot here.
    The directing is good and the acting is top notch but there is definitely something missing here in this movie. I know this is made from a memoir and I wasn't present in Augusten Burroughs life so I don't know if most of, if not all, of this did indeed happen but some of it just doesn't feel like anyone, no matter how screwed up their family is, would actually go through.
    C

• Amelie Boucher

Watched by Amelie Boucher 15 Sep, 2015

I don't think I've ever watched a movie as remotely fucked-up as this one. Not only are all characters completely nuts for no genuine reason, but the story also make no sense whatsoever. I didn't see the point of this movie, aside from sharing what mental illnesses can be like and what they can lead to, but I don't think it's been done properly.

As I mentioned, the characters are all totally crazy. Most of them have no good reason…

• Nour Regaya

★★★★★ Added by Nour Regaya

this one is also not critically acclaimed but I fucking ADORE this movie

• Ben

★★ Added by Ben

Movie Review: Running with Scissors (2006)
    Characters: I feel oppressed... WE NEED HIGHER CEILINGS!!! (Jumps on table and stabs roof with the end of a broom, or SOMETHING like that) .

So, I watched this movie because of a recommendation from a good friend, and... I can't really figure out what he sees in it. The entire movie's a mess. The characters are a mess, the tone is a mess, the lame excuses for "comedy" (one if which includes trapping…

• Hans

★★★ Watched by Hans 22 Apr, 2015

completely wacko movie but still showing a good picture of then time and era. People were crazy then.