• Dayna Newman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dayna Newman 31 Jan, 2014

Running with Scissors has become one of my favorite movies.
    It's characters are as colorful as a box of crayola crayons and twice as fun.
    The story is heartbreaking as well as heart warming.All set to a fantastic Seventies Soundtrack.
    It's hard to pick out a Stand out because They're all so wonderful.

Although In my opinion Evan Rachel Wood and Jill Clayburgh were the most effective in their roles. Jill Clayburgh could have overplayed her role but she didn't…

• srtammmm

★★★★★ Added by srtammmm

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Brian

★★★★½ Added by Brian

I love this movie! I can probably add it to my all-time favorite movies list. I think it's brilliant.

• Reece Roberts

★★★★ Watched by Reece Roberts 05 Aug, 2014

A pretty entertaining coming of age flick.
    Annette Bening is flawless as usual as an estrange lesbian, pill popping poetry writer.
    Chaotically the plot was a bit of a mess. Fun, though, with a lot of twists and turnings but I couldn't really understand what the thematic statement was.
    I guess it was about family cause it seemed to have a lot to do with that.
    So we'll run with that.

• lionbeak

★★★★ Watched by lionbeak 21 Jul, 2012

I'm giving this four stars based on the incredible performances, some great lines, and the soundtrack.

With that being said, this movie felt like a chore to me. I haven't read the book but the story seems great. Familiar, but great and they cast it well. As far as the scope of the film, a lot of it felt very pretentious to me and I was kind of annoyed but some scenes really made up for it.

• Rob

★★★½ Watched by Rob 21 Sep, 2014

Interesting auto-biographical film about a young gay man and his constant struggles for a sane life against his mother's artistic, insane, pill-driven ego.

• Windyblue

★★★½ Added by Windyblue

Warning:
    Depression
    Psychiatric abuse
    Child neglect

• Megan_Maggot

★★★½ Rewatched by Megan_Maggot 10 Feb, 2014

A decent adaptation of Burroughs' popular memoir.

• Andrea Tejeda

★★★½ Added by Andrea Tejeda

Gwyneth Paltrow tiene un papel parecido al de Margot Tenembaum, hay un gato llamado Freud, sale Alec Baldwin y sí, Annette Bening vuelve a salir de loca: la película está interesante.

• Thom

★★★½ Watched by Thom 16 Oct, 2013

Really not what I was expecting! loved it

• Thomas Ringdal

★★★½ Added by Thomas Ringdal

Defines quirky.

• Kassandra

★★★½ Added by Kassandra

I remember watching this in middle school and I thought it was so clever. " I need high ceilings" "I love when mothers sleeping, its almost like shes dead, its so peaceful" I just found it all so lovely. The love affairs and all.