• Dayna Newman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dayna Newman 31 Jan, 2014

Running with Scissors has become one of my favorite movies.
    It's characters are as colorful as a box of crayola crayons and twice as fun.
    The story is heartbreaking as well as heart warming.All set to a fantastic Seventies Soundtrack.
    It's hard to pick out a Stand out because They're all so wonderful.

Although In my opinion Evan Rachel Wood and Jill Clayburgh were the most effective in their roles. Jill Clayburgh could have overplayed her role but she didn't…

• srtammmm

★★★★★ Added by srtammmm

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Brian

★★★★½ Added by Brian

I love this movie! I can probably add it to my all-time favorite movies list. I think it's brilliant.

• lionbeak

★★★★ Watched by lionbeak 21 Jul, 2012

I'm giving this four stars based on the incredible performances, some great lines, and the soundtrack.

With that being said, this movie felt like a chore to me. I haven't read the book but the story seems great. Familiar, but great and they cast it well. As far as the scope of the film, a lot of it felt very pretentious to me and I was kind of annoyed but some scenes really made up for it.

• Megan_Maggot

★★★½ Rewatched by Megan_Maggot 10 Feb, 2014

A decent adaptation of Burroughs' popular memoir.

• Andrea Tejeda

★★★½ Added by Andrea Tejeda

Gwyneth Paltrow tiene un papel parecido al de Margot Tenembaum, hay un gato llamado Freud, sale Alec Baldwin y sí, Annette Bening vuelve a salir de loca: la película está interesante.

• Tommy

★★★½ Watched by Tommy 16 Oct, 2013

Really not what I was expecting! loved it

• Thomas Ringdal

★★★½ Added by Thomas Ringdal

Defines quirky.

• Kassandra

★★★½ Added by Kassandra

I remember watching this in middle school and I thought it was so clever. " I need high ceilings" "I love when mothers sleeping, its almost like shes dead, its so peaceful" I just found it all so lovely. The love affairs and all.

• Michael Spieler

★★★½ Watched by Michael Spieler 22 Jan, 2007

Director Ryan Murphy, famous for bringing us the absurd adventures of two L.A. based plastic surgeons, found something else to bring to the big screen, which is indeed no less absurd.

The memoirs of Augusten Burroughs, titled "Running with Scissors" (Krass) made into a feature film and boy have we waited for that. Burroughs published five books so far (I couldn't find more titles on amazon, so excuse me if I'm wrong), of which four contain stories from his own…

• Maxwell Elliott

★★★ Watched by Maxwell Elliott 16 Mar, 2014

A chaotic descent into sickness and insanity that, unfortunately, lacks strong direction. Plot threads seem to come and go without reason, and the atmosphere is likewise confused. It wants to be a tragicomedy, but it's not quite one thing or the other. Some sequences are riveting, subtle, and emotionally complex, while others are overblown and lack substance. Some of its most principal characters are often the least developed and interesting, while more noteworthy minor characters get inadequate screen time. It's…

• Kyle Lauren

★★★ Watched by Kyle Lauren 01 Jan, 2007

Annette Bening's performance was much better than the movie as a whole. It really didn't translate well from the book. At all. It was interesting enough, because of the subject matter, but it was sort of a mess.