• Doc Cortex

★★½ Watched by Doc Cortex 11 Aug, 2014

It looks distinctly French and gritty in a classy cinematic kind of way and I was a tad giddy at the thought of experiencing Audiard’s tale of violence, love and redemption. As it turns out it’s not that gritty; it’s true to life and hard hitting but there’s no Gomorrah style stereotypical grit-fest on show here. It’s possibly best described as human drama, but does that lack of the grit factor help or hinder its credentials.

It reality it matters…

• Liam Hathaway

★★★★ Added by Liam Hathaway

Unconditionally, it's a film about healing and triumphing over both the body's and mind's seeming inhibitions - a pleasantly engaging and invigorating one, too.

• theresebelivet

★★★★ Watched by theresebelivet 07 Feb, 2016

making bon iver a soundtrack is evil i lost 8 tears

• Lucio

★★★★½ Watched by Lucio 31 Jan, 2016

Audiard si conferma un fuoriclasse

• Daniel Moseley

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Moseley 19 Jan, 2016

#23 of 365 Movies In 365 Days Challenge:
    "Rust And Bone"

A man (Matthias Schoenaerts), struggling to put his life back together after just getting his son back, meets a whale trainer (Marion Cotillard) and the two grow close after she gets into a horrible accident. This film is a fucked up love story at heart but man is it powerful. I expected nothing less from Director Jacques Audiard, who directed 2009's magnificent prison mafia film "A Prophet". This film…

• Raquel Bita

★½ Added by Raquel Bita

I am frequently bewildered by the hype that surrounds incredibly bad movies. This one is a prime example. This was nominated for Golden Globe, BAFTA and SAG Awards, including a GG for Best Foreign Film. Critics raved about the lead performances showing how "damaged souls can find love and redemption." What a load of bullshit.

This is not a love story. There is no love between these characters. There's casual indifference from Ali, and desperation from Stephanie. Ali is intensely…

• GKnight

★★★★ Added by GKnight

This gritty relationship drama capturing shocking realism of lives of broken people so well, the character feel real. The visual aspects are amazing, I've never seen such convincing FX. Unfortunately the story is a bit lacking. After the strong first half, the movie seems to lose a direction a bit and becomes disjointed, going into awkward subplots at the expense of the main story losing steam.

• Ramy Moharam Fouad

★★★★ Rewatched by Ramy Moharam Fouad 16 Jan, 2016

Jacques Audiard doet het weer!
    Echt een zot mooi verhaal met interessante personages en gebeurtenissen die je doen snakken naar het vervolg.
    Plot-twists die je niet zag aankomen in combinatie met zo'n esthetische beelden, ja een echte Audiard!
    En dan heb ik het nog niet over het acteerwerk gehad.
    Matthias: WAUW! Hij drukt echt nogmaals zijn stempel met deze film. Zo écht… die scène op het meer, niet te doen.
    Marion Cotillard ook zó overtuigend, niet normaal! Het was echt een topcast!
    Super film!

• Devin Negrete

★★★½ Watched by Devin Negrete 21 Jan, 2016

Moving, although I do admit that the story takes some rather odd turns that seem only a tad bit out of place. That being said, its a really good film that deserves a watch, and many rematches. expectantly motivating

• Brooke Willis

★★★★★ Added by Brooke Willis

Punch that little boy out of the ice with your crazy street fighter strength, you deeply loving yet grossly inadequate father!!!

• JennCouttas

★★★★★ Watched by JennCouttas 20 Jan, 2016

I don't know why I waited so long to watch this movie.

The lead performances of Marion Cotillard as Stephanie, Matthias Schoenaerts as Ali, and the cinematography were all devastating and beautiful. A simple shot, like the back of Stephanie's hair or the spinning of a truck's wheels are mesmerising. The underwater sequences were stunning and horrific. The special effects surrounding Stephanie's injuries defy comprehension.

The way Stephanie embraces life again after Ali takes her swimming, and again after making…

• bunnysuicides

★★★★ Watched by bunnysuicides 21 Jan, 2016

Κι εγώ την είδα μέσα απ' τα μάτια του, μέχρι το τελευταίο 10λεπτο τουλάχιστον που μπήκε ένα σκουπιδάκι και δεν έβλεπα πολύ καλά

Υγ: Το ένα αστεράκι το παίρνει για το Je t'aime που σίγουρα είναι ένα από τα πιο όμορφα Je t'aime που έχουν ακουστεί