• cultZero

★★★★ Added by cultZero

Really solid and moving film from the director of AProphet.

• Fran

★★★★ Added by Fran

Moving, beautiful. I dug it.

• John Noel

★★★½ Watched by John Noel 19 Oct, 2014

Orcas, the ocean's pandas.

• Tom Prankerd

★★★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 11 Oct, 2014

A powerful and believable take on two people struggling to find their way in life. Both leads are stunning and the film has the messiness of reality in its' structure, avoiding sentimentality and cliche. Both characters are flawed but human. Occasionally it's frustrating and the excellent special effects can be slightly distracting as you wonder just how they did that but neither overpowers this brave piece of movie making.

• Anne

★★★★ Added by Anne

Orginal Title: De Rouille et D'os

• gothika

★★★ Added by gothika

Even though I hated the starring actor's actings and his character, the movie itself was lovable.

• Hicox

★★★★½ Watched by Hicox 08 Oct, 2014

who in gods name was in charge of the soundtrack.....

• Thomas Williams

★★★ Added by Thomas Williams

Director Jacques Audiard (Un Prophet) tackles some tough, difficult subject matter with Rust and Bone, a French-language melodrama starring Academy Award-winning French actress Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose, Inception) as a whale trainer who must try to recover her life after a tragic accident changes it forever.

After having briefly met hulky bouncer Ali (Matthias Schoenaerts - Bullhead) at a club and showing little interest in him, Stephanie (Cotillard) reaches out to him after her tragedy for companionship and…

• nicksav

★★★★ Added by nicksav

An emotional tour de force of a performance from the perfect Marion Cotillard. Perhaps the performance of her career. A emotionally involving and thoroughly moving work, even though it slightly drags around the midpoint.

• Daniel Ulysses Afon-Peris

★★ Added by Daniel Ulysses Afon-Peris

Ultra melodramatic plot devices. De rouille et d'os fails to show how characters evolve. Psychological repercussions of Stéphanie's loss seem oversimplified. Ali's family/friends are props to move the story along. He undergoes an offscreen behavioral change between the accident and success, but we don't see him bootstrap himself into maturity. Poorly curated pop (Bon Iver, Li, Perry, &tc) makes for problems in tone.

• Daniel O'Raw

★★★ Watched by Daniel O'Raw 23 Sep, 2014

Rust and Bore, half kidding. The acting is excellent but I'm not convinced the film is. There's good stuff in there but the actual story itself and the relationship at the heart of it didn't really grab me, I never felt that emotionally involved in it. Also some of it felt cliched to me, I've seen these sort of plot elements before and you can see where the story is going and kind of know what's going to happen next.…

• Carlos Laron

★★★★★ Watched by Carlos Laron 21 Sep, 2014 5

I felt all sorts of emotions after watching this gem of a film. Matthias Schoenaerts and Marion Cotillard were EXCEPTIONAL. No wonder people loved it. They carried the film til the end. No other words. Go see this. You will not regret it.