• Callie Akins

★★★ Watched by Daphne 11 Mar, 2016

So tragic wow wow

• Ed Glendenning

★★★★ Watched by Ed Glendenning 27 Apr, 2016

'High art, beautiful filmmaking, visceral power and gut-level emotional reality.'

• Paula Castro

★★★★½ Watched by Paula Castro 23 Apr, 2016

i love when movies have everything to feel like an oscar-bait movie but they're not

• Raz09

★★★★ Added by Raz09

Rust and Bone is a drama that feels a lot higher in quality compared to most other drama's as it doesn't try to have any big, significant moments but instead allows it's events and characters to naturally unfold. Marion Cotillard is excellent in the film portraying her character very well and the male lead brings a lot to his character and his interactions with Marion Cotillard's character are very watchable and really realistic. The way the film is shot shows…

• Bryan Williams

★★★★ Watched by Bryan Williams 20 Apr, 2016

I was not expecting anything that happened in this movie to happen. Great acting!

• okcordero

★★★★ Watched by okcordero 15 Apr, 2016

100 Degrees/100 Movies

I wasn't familiar w/ Jacques Audiard's previous works before watching Rust and Bone, but with Marion Cotillard and Matthias Schoenaerts I expected something great and it delivered, though it's not perfect. It follows a well-meaning but detached fighter and a whale trainer who suffers the loss of her legs after an accident, who meet and develop an unusual relationship in spite of their obstacles. The story is okay, a little all over the place at times, but…

• Arné Jacker

★★★★½ Added by Arné Jacker

[...] Wer selber einmal in einer Sackgasse steckte, das Gefühl hatte nicht weiter zu wissen, kennt es vielleicht, das Gefühl dass diese eine Person einem geben kann – das Stück fehlende Kraft, die einem durch diesen Menschen verliehen wird, das nötige Quäntchen, um den entscheidenden Schritt nach vorne gehen zu können, zu dem die eigene Kraft nicht gereicht hat. Das kann hart sein und bedarf meist ungeschönter Worte und dem Aussprechen von Wahrheiten, die man selber sich nicht traut zu denken, sich nicht eingestehen will. Doch danach spürt man Dankbarkeit und neuen Lebenswillen. [...]

Den Rest lesen: jackers2cents.de/film-der-geschmack-von-rost-und-knochen-de-rouille-et-dos-2013/

• Jamie Vann Struth

★★★★ Watched by Jamie Vann Struth 09 Apr, 2016

I thought it would be 4.5 stars, but I can't shake how much the ending bugs me. I've read the short stories it's based on and it seems like too much a case of trying to align with the short story, rather than organically completing the story as it occurs in the movie. It's pretty outstanding though. Cotillard and Schoenaerts are both brilliant.

• emilybabyy

★★★★½ Watched by emilybabyy 10 Apr, 2016

this movie represents real love to me. true love is just being there for someone when they are going through a tough time and really need someone. it wrecked me.

• Anton Sysojev

★★★ Watched by Anton Sysojev 06 Apr, 2016

For the April scavenger hunt.

Ah Bon Iver, when you want the viewer to know that the character we deal with as a troubled person who's been through hard times and done some bad things before. We've seen this before haven't we?

Rust And Bone feels far too ambitious. It tries to be a simple film but ends up leaving so many questions unanswered. Characters are underdeveloped and underutilized leaving motivations and actions questionable. The films tries to tie up…

• Lauren

★★★★½ Rewatched by Lauren 05 Apr, 2016

Marion should have had an oscar for this. it's incredible.