• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 30 Jul, 2014

Incredible movie! Incredible Marion Coutillard!!

• spacegirlgail

★★★★ Added by spacegirlgail

More Cotillard amazingness.

• John Connor

★★★★ Watched by John Connor 16 Apr, 2013

A fascinating portrait of a relationship between two damaged people, 'Rust and Bone' is great precisely because it's so intimate. Cotillard and Schoenaerts are both remarkable, and the slow, tentative push and pull of their burgeoning relationship is wonderfully finely etched. In particular, I don't know if I've ever seen thoughtless, instinctive, meat headed masculinity portrayed as well as Schoenaerts does here: he makes his bouncer/back-street boxer both simple and complex at the same time. After this and 'A Prophet', Audiard is definitely one to keep an eye on.

• Richard F

★★★★ Watched by Richard F 02 Apr, 2014

A sad romantic drama. Marion Cotillard loses her legs in an accident and has to learn to live without them and she meets this guy who has a bunch of his own problems. It was pretty slow at first, but by the halfway point I was into it. I liked it, but don't care if I never see it again.

• Radu Conopan

★★★★½ Watched by Radu Conopan 31 Aug, 2014

Put in charge of his young son, Alain leaves Belgium for Antibes to live with his sister and her husband as a family. Alain's bond with Stephanie, a killer whale trainer, grows deeper after Stephanie suffers a horrible accident.

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

Just perfect. Perfect writing, perfect acting.

• BeetleEye66

★★ Watched by BeetleEye66 22 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• OldLee

★★★★★ Rewatched by OldLee 02 Aug, 2014

can't help but melt away by the force this movie has

• Michi

★★★★★ Watched by Michi 15 Aug, 2014

Gosh... I'm in awe of Matthias Schoenaerts and Marion Cotillard's acting, Jacques Audiard's great direction - yet again, and the brilliant character development! This was a crazy ride of emotion I'm glad I experienced.

• Gui Park

Rants!

Good points:
    -soundtrack except the song of Katy Perry *puke*
    -that happy meal hat
    -carry the son in shoulders
    -the creation of that legs!
    -the depth of emotion
    -the love for sunlight and water
    -diverity of jobs
    -the wind, the sun, the feeling of silence

Reflections:
    1. All you need to do is to cave in, to show love, and to welcome the possible pain.
    2. Why do we need to be so cautious when it comes to falling in love?
    3. Does your past scares you?

That's all.

• James Utley

★★★ Watched by James Utley 30 Jul, 2014

I really though that this film would be better, very disappointing for me. I had heard of this film being really good for quite some time, and I was excited to see it. It's not that the film is bad at all, it's just nothing special at all.
    A single father moves into his sister and her husband's house to live after leaving Belgium. The father builds a strong bond with a killer whale trainer after she suffers a life…