• Gui Park

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gui Park 16 Apr, 2015

more i see this, more i feel this.

C'est génial.

• Reece Leonard

★★★★ Added by Reece Leonard

Bleakly honest and fueled by a mesmerizing performance from Cotillard.

• sacarl

★★ Watched by sacarl 07 Apr, 2015

I give it two stars because i never expected to hear Bon Iver and Katy Perry in the same movie

• Oliver

★★★½ Watched by Oliver 05 Apr, 2015

A good film which never quite develops into a great one. Jacques Audiard's Rust and Bone deals with love, poverty, depression and survival amongst other things while primarily observing the relationship between Ali; a man with a passions for competetive fighting, working on both sides of the law in order to provide for his son and Stephanie; a trainer of orca whales who is in an accident which requires both of her legs to be amputated.

The film's strongest aspect…

• Mehdi Zadnane

★★★★½ Watched by Mehdi Zadnane 05 Apr, 2015

A powerful and deep experience that tells a tale of psychological imperfection and love, uniting inspiring characters and situations to form a film that is as emotional as it is well-crafted. Rust and Bone is an inspiring film that may have some structural issues, but for every time it faultures it gets up back again for a powerful comeback.

• PuRock

★★ Watched by PuRock 28 Mar, 2015

I didn't overly like anybody or anything in Rust and Bone. I found Matthias Schoenaerts's character to be extremely frustrating to watch. And while, Cotillard gives a strong performance with her CGI-less legs, I only found empathy for her character.

I like a good depressing film as much as the next film lover. But this was no Henke work. I just wanted it to end, which was tough since it came in at exactly 2 hours. There were some good scenes but this would have been better served with about a half hour shaved off.

• Paukzen

★★★½ Rewatched by Paukzen 19 Nov, 2012

Rondinella con Luca e Michele

• Paukzen

★★★½ Watched by Paukzen 10 Jun, 2012

Anteo, con Ines, Mauro ed Elisabeth

• Ana F Torres

★★★★ Watched by Ana F Torres 28 Mar, 2015

Marion Cotillard se la lleva con su gran actuación. Como que a él nunca le agarré cariño.

• Leticia

★★★★ Watched by Leticia 28 Mar, 2015

oh marion...

• David Gómez-Rosado

★★★★★ Watched by David Gómez-Rosado 20 Apr, 2013

I love movies that treat me like an adult. This is one of them: Complex relationships, multi-layered plots, ambiguous morals... a full journey in the vast landscape between black and white! This story may appear simple for lack of loquacious characters (this ain't The King's Speech) but I felt it quite rich and full of nuance... I was also taken by the stunning photography. There are many gorgeous moments full of masterful staging and commandeering of light and shadow (look for the last visit at the orca pool!)

• Brandon Bryson

★★★★ Watched by Brandon Bryson 07 Feb, 2013

Illuminating the Pain

Rust and Bone is the story of two people who lose a certain control of their lives, and follows their fight to discover a means of coping. The first, Ali, with no home and no money, finds that he is now the sole caretaker for his son Sam, which has taken him away from his dream of becoming a kickboxing champion. The two of them journey to stay with Ali’s sister in the hope for a better…