• lobsta

★★★★ Watched by lobsta 14 Dec, 2014

Having not seen A Prophet and hearing good things about Rust and Bone I checked it out. With Bon Iver on the soundtrack it really stuck me as an odd but fitting choice and from there I was struck by how prevalent outside forces (particularly western) impact upon the film and the films perception of those forces through their struggle. And then Marion Cotillard showed up and I forgot about everything.

I'm not overly interested in rehabilitation stories, often they…

• Veronica

★★★★ Watched by Veronica 06 Dec, 2014

Un sapore di ruggine e ossa è un film d’amore inusuale: è l’incontro tra due anime ammaccate come i corpi che le contengono.
    Da una parte abbiamo Ali, buttafuori con un figlio a carico, senza desideri e senza prospettive, che si sente vivo solo durante gli incontri di boxe, mentre null’altro pare sfiorarlo, nemmeno alla lontana.
    Dall’altra troviamo Stephanie, addestratrice di orche che, durante un incidente sul lavoro, perde entrambe le gambe e si trova costretta su una sedia a…

• Marie Acosta

★★★½ Watched by Marie Acosta 07 Dec, 2014

Muy bonita e interesante. Y realista además.

• ninajackson

★★★★ Watched by ninajackson 04 Dec, 2014

Almost cried! This film was beautiful and intense!

• Alex Repole

★★★★ Watched by Alex Repole 30 Nov, 2014

There is so very little happiness in this film. And yet there is something about it that makes you want to watch it over and over and over again.

This is the first film in a very long while in which EVERY single actor/actress was absolutely amazing. Marion Cotillard is at the top of her game

A must watch! But be careful, don't be expecting a love story with a happy ending

• Lianne Motshagen

★★★★ Rewatched by Lianne Motshagen 28 Nov, 2014

Probably still my favourite Arthouse movie!

• Thomas Willett

★★★★ Watched by Thomas Willett 26 Nov, 2014

Second time.

I am still captivated by the powerful imagery (best use of Katy Perry music? Yes). Marion Cotillard and Mathias Schoenaerts' performances are still great. Also, more damning about sea parks than Blackfish (also less manipulative). I love the tragic romanticism of it all. The only thing wrong is that more people aren't talking about it/accept Cotillard's greatness.

• Brandon Singh

★★★★★ Watched by Brandon Singh 22 Nov, 2014

One of the most tragic, yet magical films of 2012. The performances, Alexandre Desplat's score, the camera work, directing, everything comes together in a melting pot of mayhem. It's tragical. Watch it as soon as you can. Masterpiece.

A+

• Joseph B

★★★★★ Added by Joseph B

A complex and formally ravishing portrait of two damaged people coming together to make one is yet another audacious effort from French filmmaker Jacques Audiard. Marion Cotillard is stunning and Audiard’s fluent camera captures so many fleeting emotions at the edges of the frame that “Rust and Bone” magnificently outstretches its somewhat clichéd narrative to become an engulfing emotional experience. Nothing is more moving than the final phone call between Cotillard and Schoenaerts or the way Cotillard summons a whale against the glass and forgives it.

as written on www.itsamadmadblog2.blogspot.com

• mahandhi

★★ Watched by mahandhi 05 Nov, 2014

Verhaalfilm. Soms rare sprongen en iets té klassiek dramatisch naar m'n smaak. Knappe special effects. Sterk gespeeld, maar ook wel duidelijk dat het dat is: gespeeld.

• Fabio Arnold

★★★½ Watched by Fabio Arnold 02 Nov, 2014

Die Charaktere hätten ein bisschen mehr Tiefgang vertragen können, ansonsten gutes Drama.
    Außerdem Pluspunkt für Marion Cotillard.

• Fran

★★★★ Added by Fran

Moving, beautiful. I dug it.