• OldLee

★★★★★ Rewatched by OldLee 02 Aug, 2014

can't help but melt away by the force this movie has

• Michi

★★★★★ Watched by Michi 15 Aug, 2014

Gosh... I'm in awe of Matthias Schoenaerts and Marion Cotillard's acting, Jacques Audiard's great direction - yet again, and the brilliant character development! This was a crazy ride of emotion I'm glad I experienced.

• Gui Park

Rants!

Good points:
    -soundtrack except the song of Katy Perry *puke*
    _that happy meal hat
    -carry the son in shoulders
    -the creation of that legs!
    -the depth of emotion
    -the love for sunlight and water
    -diverity of jobs
    -the wind, the sun, the feeling of silence

Reflections:
    1. All you need to do is to cave in, to show love, and to welcome the possible pain.
    2. Why do we need to be so cautious when it comes to falling in love?
    3. Does your past scares you?

That's all.

• James Utley

★★★ Watched by James Utley 30 Jul, 2014

I really though that this film would be better, very disappointing for me. I had heard of this film being really good for quite some time, and I was excited to see it. It's not that the film is bad at all, it's just nothing special at all.
    A single father moves into his sister and her husband's house to live after leaving Belgium. The father builds a strong bond with a killer whale trainer after she suffers a life…

• Madeleine Pitsch

Added by Madeleine Pitsch

Two physical people get physical after one of them has lost their legs in a whale crash. This film has Marion Cotillard slowly roll an awful lot of tears down her cheeks.

• ndoane

★★★ Watched by ndoane 27 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• kakariki_green

★★★★½ Added by kakariki_green

A really satisfying film, this one. Somewhat unpredictable and very compelling.
    The acting was spot on - gorgeously subtle and knowing.

• Ryan

★★★½ Watched by Ryan 22 Jul, 2014

Certainly a unique story. I would have preferred more focus on the woman, who has a much more interesting journey and internal conflict than the man.

• Karl Gauss-Benz

★★★½ Watched by Karl Gauss-Benz 02 Jan, 2014

62/100

• Kate Veismane

★★★★ Watched by Kate Veismane 16 Jul, 2014 1

Very moving performances from both Marion Cotillard and Matthias Schoenaerts. Great directing. Frenchmen did a wonderful job showing some of life's struggles and how people may or may not deal with them. It showed such strength, fear, courage, power, willingness and unselfishness I really could feel the whole movie through.
    And if I can feel it through, it's at least Great (4 stars). Thank you, 2 hours well spent.

• Andrew Bemis

★★★ Watched by Andrew Bemis 21 Jun, 2014

I wish I'd seen Rust and Bone what Roger Ebert and its other biggest fans saw in it; if nothing else, director Jacques Audiard has the kind of emotional directness that is a great asset for any filmmaker. The central relationship between a whale trainer (Marion Cotillard) who has lost her legs in an accident and a broke street fighter and single dad (Mathais Schoenaerts) is moving, if a bit too schematic; Cotillard is great and Schoenaearts is good in…