• Mujunen Valtteri

★½ Watched by Mujunen Valtteri 06 Jul, 2015

Boring, pretentious, predictable. Pretty bad.

• thori

★★★½ Rewatched by thori 01 Jul, 2015

Vor allem in der ersten Hälfte sehr stark mit viel spritzigem Dialogwitz, danach wird dann etwas mehr die Romatikschiene gefahren. Toll gespielt und sehr schön fotografiert.

• tracydhawkins

★★★★ Added by tracydhawkins

Sweet rom-com.

• warkie

★★★½ Added by warkie

Kirsten Scott Thomas best thing about this moderately decent Film

• Mischka

★★★ Watched by Mischka 01 Jun, 2015

I think this must be lacking the wit and irony intended because it seems to waste a great opportunity for self-awareness and genre defying moments and instead oozes cloying dullness. Darn. I really like Ewan too.

• Losa

★★★½ Watched by Losa 05 Jun, 2015

kyuuuuuute

• PerseuEvans

★★★ Watched by PerseuEvans 30 May, 2015

Beautiful locations, a restrained romance and those charming accents. However, some odd choices in terms of story spoil the magic. Kristin Scott Thomas steals every scene in a rarely comic and histrionic role.

• Andreas Richardson

★★★ Watched by Andreas Richardson 22 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

After watching Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, I found myself with mixed feelings about the film. In fact, as the relationship between Dr Jones and Harriet blossoms, I felt increasingly unsettled by the way first Dr Jones and then Harriet dispose of their previous partners in such a nonchalant manner. Whilst it seems that Mary Jones may be partly responsible for her husband's 'defection' though her acceptance of a six-week assignment in Geneva from her employers, which leaves her husband…

• lndncitygirltv

★½ Watched by lndncitygirltv 21 May, 2015 2

Beautiful cinematography but a dire film. The film is billed as a rom com but there's not enough "rom" or "com" to be anything of the sort, and that in itself is not a problem for me as I'm not a fan of either genre so am happy for a film to be more true to life. The story revolves around a nerdy scientist - McGregor - who is invited by a Sheik to introduce salmon fishing in the Yemen.…

• Francesco Marioni

★★★ Rewatched by Francesco Marioni 09 May, 2015

Really good fun Rom Com with the always watchable Emily Blunt.

• John Robinson

★★★ Watched by John Robinson 16 May, 2015

Good performances from Emily Blunt and Kristin Scott Thomas lift the rating of what's otherwise a predictable romcom by at least 1 1/2 stars.

• phil haigh

★★ Watched by phil haigh 16 May, 2015

Sloppy sentimentalism trying to deliver a "feelgood" film. The "potentially possible" becomes actual and flourishes in the desert - however, the diverted water course is about as credible as the love affair. One or two good bits, coming mainly from Kristin Scott Thomas's PR secretary to the PM.