• PerseuEvans

★★★ Watched by PerseuEvans 30 May, 2015

Beautiful locations, a restrained romance and those charming accents. However, some odd choices in terms of story spoil the magic. Kristin Scott Thomas steals every scene in a rarely comic and histrionic role.

• Andreas Richardson

★★★ Watched by Andreas Richardson 22 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

After watching Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, I found myself with mixed feelings about the film. In fact, as the relationship between Dr Jones and Harriet blossoms, I felt increasingly unsettled by the way first Dr Jones and then Harriet dispose of their previous partners in such a nonchalant manner. Whilst it seems that Mary Jones may be partly responsible for her husband's 'defection' though her acceptance of a six-week assignment in Geneva from her employers, which leaves her husband…

• lndncitygirltv

★½ Watched by lndncitygirltv 21 May, 2015 2

Beautiful cinematography but a dire film. The film is billed as a rom com but there's not enough "rom" or "com" to be anything of the sort, and that in itself is not a problem for me as I'm not a fan of either genre so am happy for a film to be more true to life. The story revolves around a nerdy scientist - McGregor - who is invited by a Sheik to introduce salmon fishing in the Yemen.…

• Francesco Marioni

★★★ Rewatched by Francesco Marioni 09 May, 2015

Really good fun Rom Com with the always watchable Emily Blunt.

• John Robinson

★★★ Watched by John Robinson 16 May, 2015

Good performances from Emily Blunt and Kristin Scott Thomas lift the rating of what's otherwise a predictable romcom by at least 1 1/2 stars.

• phil haigh

★★ Watched by phil haigh 16 May, 2015

Sloppy sentimentalism trying to deliver a "feelgood" film. The "potentially possible" becomes actual and flourishes in the desert - however, the diverted water course is about as credible as the love affair. One or two good bits, coming mainly from Kristin Scott Thomas's PR secretary to the PM.

• elliotx

★★★ Watched by elliotx 14 May, 2015

Charming light entertainment with good casting and a nice feel good way to spend 90-minutes. Not overly dramatic or sentimental, but nothing that special either.

• Jay-r Trinidad

★½ Watched by Jay-r Trinidad 18 Apr, 2015

it lets you loose inside the labyrinth. the minotaur finds you and asks you to have a tea with him. forever.

such unadorning premise and unexciting scene-turner that evolves nowhere with its very obvious resolution.

• mturk17

★★★★ Added by mturk17

really good movie; interesting

• Lillian

★★★★ Watched by Lillian 04 Apr, 2015

Very enjoyable rom-com of sort with a British stiff upper lips feel to the whole thing.

• blacktambourine

★★ Added by blacktambourine

Bäh

• Shelly

★★★ Watched by Shelly 08 Mar, 2015

I actually enjoyed this one! A good story about people meeting over something as average as fishing.