• gabriel lv

★★★★½ Watched by gabriel lv 30 Sep, 2014 1

hipótesis: mala mala, no es.

desarrollo:

· esta historia triangula misticismo islámico, racionalismo inglés, diplomacia posmoderna, ortodoxia (del gran al-ghazali) y aristotelismo (de su némesis averroes), conflictos bélicos y pesca. Y FE.
    · le dirían que no a cualquiera de los dos protagónicos --ewan y emily-- o a los secundarios --kristin y waked? apuesto mi larga melena a que no.
    · tampoco dirían que lasse hallström carece de oficio, o sí? de acuerdo, ha venido un poco a menos, pero…

• Sabela La

★★½ Watched by Sabela La 11 Sep, 2014

Empecé a verla por Ewan McGregor, y me quedé por Kristin Scott Thomas, que aunque breve, está estupenda y su personaje resulta lo mejor de la película.

El argumento, a pesar de pecar de absurdo, me pareció de lo más interesante, y propicia un escenario divertido y diferente para lo que acaba como una comedia romántica cliché.

• John Connor

★★½ Watched by John Connor 21 Apr, 2012

This bizarrely scattershot movie can never quite decide what it wants to be: romantic comedy or relationship drama? Political thriller or political satire? In trying to cover every base, it actually ends up doing nothing at all. The considerable charm of the three leads makes it a pleasant enough experience to sit through, but the ham-fisted plotting, leaden pacing and unnecessary story detours mean it will never be more than that.

• Diego Cabeza

★★★★★ Watched by Diego Cabeza 10 Sep, 2014

A partner? Yes Miss Chetwode-Talbot!

• JaySalahi

★★ Watched by JaySalahi 15 Feb, 2013

C (73)

• Edith Nelson

★½ Watched by Edith Nelson 20 Aug, 2014

A Waste of Money All the Way Around

I probably missed it, but did they ever solve the fly problem? Because that's only the beginning of the ecosystem challenges to importing salmon somewhere. In fact, there are so many of them that I can't imagine anyone would seriously consider doing such a thing in this day and age. And if they did, there's an enormous list of examples we can provide of exactly how the whole thing goes wrong. I…

• MooseMeister

★★ Watched by MooseMeister 23 Aug, 2014 2

Around half through the movie I began to ponder if I was watching a parody. A benevolent Sheikh whose words could come straight out of a pulp novel? Brining salmon (why salmon?) to Yemen as the greatest achievement? Yemen, a poor country and hotbed of terrorism? Waiting for said salmon to swim upstream as ultimate goal? Weird chemistry between the two leads? I could go on and on and on...

• Paul

½ Watched by Paul 22 Aug, 2014

Never again will I attempt to watch a film by Lasse Hallstrom. I haven't seen many but the few I have, weren't very impressive in any way. This one is so bad it's almost unbelievable. The first thing that sickened me was the constant "music" underlining the whole thing. Then, everything else from the acting to the dialogue, from the story to the cinematography. Boring, uninspired and vacuous in every sense.

• Jason Goode

★½ Watched by Jason Goode 04 Aug, 2014

After a promising first half that left me wanting more, the story turns into convoluted soap opera with brutally forced plot points to manufacture conflict. A light romantic comedy with... terrorists, MIA black ops soldiers, and scientists that forget the basics of, well, science?

Never before have I seen a movie that wants you to *hope* that terrible things (like death!) will happen to two characters so that our two leads can hook up.

I'm astonished at the good reviews I read for this on RottenTomatoes.com

(Seen on NETFLIX Canada.)

• Marcel Michaelsen

★★★ Watched by Marcel Michaelsen 04 Aug, 2014

Well, it's okay. I wasn't bored, but not totally excited either.

• Darcy Griffin

★★ Watched by Darcy Griffin 21 Jul, 2014

Started off promising, but quickly fell into a rut. The characters feel almost as if they were all plucked from different film genres and shoved together into one film. The only relatable, well-rounded character was Harriet (Emily Blunt), and even she at times is trope-y.

• Lovro Preprotnik

★★★★ Rewatched by Lovro Preprotnik 14 Jul, 2014

Looking for a good movie for a calm Sunday afternoon? You're welcome!