• kungen

★★½ Watched by kungen 09 Nov, 2015

A fairly good movie, The characters don´t really fit and there are a lot of personal dynamics that are very funny to see. The story is great but could have been presented in a better way, it´s almost as Lasse Hallström want to challenge the viewer to remain in the theater with the movie despite the nonexistent message. The message is a mixture of politically correct and incorrect actions as well as political games behind the sceenes in projects that spans over the borders.. Making this a soup of nothing. Having that said, its a good feelgood movie, very easy to "read" and to forsee.

• Chris Campbell

★★★½ Watched by Chris Campbell 22 Oct, 2015

Solid direction and a great chemistry between Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor that makes the film better than the script which can be a bit too contrived at times. Their relationship is at the core of the film and that's when it's fun.

• gurududa

Watched by gurududa 20 Oct, 2015

I got married on a Friday but I think it was a, a, as I recall a bank holiday in Northern Ireland so I allowed myself, I think, a glass on a technicality.

• Patrick Mulcahy

★★ Watched by Patrick Mulcahy 10 Apr, 2012

A wallop of cod is the best way to describe Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, a Brit pic rom-com for dum-dums adapted from Paul Torday’s implausibly popular novel by Simon (Full Monty) Beaufoy for director Lasse Hallström. The appealing Emily Blunt is cast Miss Hyphen-Ated (actually Chetwynde-Talbot), an investment banker working for a rich Yemenese Sheikh (Amr Waked) who wants the opportunity to fish for salmon in the desert. Ewan McGregor co-stars as the least likely cinema scientist since Saffron…

• Al

★★★ Added by Al

It was sweet and inoffensive.

• Hana Kraus

★★½ Rewatched by Hana Kraus 23 Sep, 2015

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★½ Added by Aurora Esterlia

An idea of this not happy man try to report this one hope dreamer who has money to build a salmon fishing in the Yemen.

The idea was so weird, at the first time I never really get it. Then, the story was so not simple but really cute at the end. And, who knows you'll find a zip of thrilling inside of this movie. Dame, you never know.

• CDN

★★½ Watched by CDN 22 Aug, 2015

Tipicorra, pero al menos pasas un rato agradable.

• Vishnu Singh

★★★½ Watched by Vishnu Singh 17 Aug, 2015

confirming my sappy old man years have well and truly begun I found this film rather charming. It's all rather pretty too.

• zosia

½ Added by zosia

oh so bad

• Toni Roig

★★★ Watched by Toni Roig 04 Aug, 2015

[English/ Spanish review]

For the most part, a pretty functional contemporary feel-good adult best-seller adaptation. showing many of the usual downsides (fascination towards money and power, disguised in a supposedly ambiguous portrayal of the good-mannered eccentric Sheik, an approach to "foreign" cultures from a bird's eye view, predictability and a mostly flat mise en scene), but also many of the ups to be hoped for: great main and supporting cast, good dialogues, nice cinematography, a fluent pace coming from a…

• Samantha

★★★½ Rewatched by Samantha 06 Aug, 2015

"and when the salmon are coming out. And when the bad guy comes. And the one salmons like.... and you're in yemen"