• Jason Goode

★½ Watched by Jason Goode 04 Aug, 2014

After a promising first half that left me wanting more, the story turns into convoluted soap opera with brutally forced plot points to manufacture conflict. A light romantic comedy with... terrorists, MIA black ops soldiers, and scientists that forget the basics of, well, science?

Never before have I seen a movie that wants you to *hope* that terrible things (like death!) will happen to two characters so that our two leads can hook up.

I'm astonished at the good reviews I read for this on RottenTomatoes.com

(Seen on NETFLIX Canada.)

• Marcel Michaelsen

★★★ Watched by Marcel Michaelsen 04 Aug, 2014

Well, it's okay. I wasn't bored, but not totally excited either.

• Darcy Griffin

★★ Watched by Darcy Griffin 21 Jul, 2014

Started off promising, but quickly fell into a rut. The characters feel almost as if they were all plucked from different film genres and shoved together into one film. The only relatable, well-rounded character was Harriet (Emily Blunt), and even she at times is trope-y.

• Lovro Preprotnik

★★★★ Rewatched by Lovro Preprotnik 14 Jul, 2014

Looking for a good movie for a calm Sunday afternoon? You're welcome!

• Bennett Jewell

★★★ Rewatched by Bennett Jewell 28 Jun, 2014

Maybe it’s McGregor’s voice. Maybe it’s Blunt’s voice. Fuck it, I don’t know, but I like this movie. Sometimes we just want to watch something simple, easy, and predictable. Well, this is it. I guess I’m a little charmed by the light breeziness of it all. The story is definitely out there, but it builds character as it goes.

Yeah, the plot is wonky in several places, including a total disregard for any other relationships, but eh. It’s not the…

• Nyssa

★★★ Watched by Nyssa 17 Jun, 2014

So silly and unlikely, yet it warms my heart. I'll forever be a sucker for romance stories (especially if they include Emily and/or Ewan)

• jon hall

★★★½ Added by jon hall

Better than I was expecting.

• Keith

★★ Watched by Keith 04 May, 2014

While it definitely has its heart in the right place and Kristin Scott-Thomas and (to a lesser degree) Emily Blunt turn in good performances, Ewan McGregor just never feels right to me. Consequently I never invested in his character and the whole thing seemed a little pointless. Someone like Colin Firth or perhaps Hugh Grant, with their stiff-upper-lippedness would have been so much better in that role. A valiant effort and a near miss is perhaps the best way to sum up my feelings about the film.

• JonNuevo

½ Rewatched by JonNuevo 26 Apr, 2014

Predictable 'til death. If you want to spend 142 minutes of your life watching this, well, maybe it's because you're doing a shitty classwork for Sociology.

Fuck you, Lina.

• JM

Watched by JM 26 Apr, 2014

Cada película que he tenido que ver para Sociología me ha sentado como una patada en la boca

• Bob Hovey

★★★ Watched by Bob Hovey 05 Feb, 2014

Ewan Macgregor is a naturalist, and Emily Blunt is a project manager for an Arab Shiek who's an avid fly-fisherman. Together they're tasked with establishing a breeding population of 10,000 salmon in a river in Yemen. Sounded quirky and interesting when I first heard about it, but it wasn't as interesting as I expected. It turned out to be mostly a light and predictable romantic tale between the two leads, while the potentially interesting political and environmental subtext was either treated as comic relief or not explored sufficiently.

• JoseIgnacioWert

★★★ Added by JoseIgnacioWert

Una novela de Paul Torday es el origen de esta amable comedia con la que el cine británico volvió a anotarse otro tanto en las taquillas de todo el mundo. El oficio de Hallström y el carisma de los actores salvan de sobra la dignidad de la propuesta, por más que se tenga la sensación de que se ha perdido mucha información en el trasvase de la letra impresa a la gran pantalla.

Soberbia Kristin Scott Thomas.