• Nihilist

★★½ Watched by Nihilist 28 Jul, 2015

Dt. Titel: Lachsfischen im Jemen

• onemarathon

★★★★ Watched by onemarathon 26 Jul, 2015 2

I'd put this one off for months, years even, but it was most satisfying once I finally settled down to watch it. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen is a quiet, mostly light-hearted story of romance. McGregor and Blunt are a fisheries expert and consultant, respectively, who are tasked with populating a dry river-bed in the Yemen desert. All for the "whims" of a sheikh, who loves fly fishing and wants to bring the sport to Yemen... and has a grander…

• alexbhades

★★★½ Watched by alexbhades 16 Jan, 2013

Todas las películas que he visto de Lasse Hallström me han gustado, me encanta su sentido del humor y como trata las historias, y esta no es una excepción.
    Aunque el desenlace baja un poco el nivel he disfrutado con su visionado.

• mfulton

★½ Added by mfulton

C-

• Oliver Graham-Grisard

★★★★ Watched by Oliver Graham-Grisard 11 Jul, 2015

Who knew a movie about fish could be so interesting.

• Mujunen Valtteri

★½ Watched by Mujunen Valtteri 06 Jul, 2015

Boring, pretentious, predictable. Pretty bad.

• thori

★★★½ Rewatched by thori 01 Jul, 2015

Vor allem in der ersten Hälfte sehr stark mit viel spritzigem Dialogwitz, danach wird dann etwas mehr die Romatikschiene gefahren. Toll gespielt und sehr schön fotografiert.

• tracydhawkins

★★★★ Added by tracydhawkins

Sweet rom-com.

• warkie

★★★½ Added by warkie

Kirsten Scott Thomas best thing about this moderately decent Film

• Mischka

★★★ Watched by Mischka 01 Jun, 2015

I think this must be lacking the wit and irony intended because it seems to waste a great opportunity for self-awareness and genre defying moments and instead oozes cloying dullness. Darn. I really like Ewan too.

• Losa

★★★½ Watched by Losa 05 Jun, 2015

kyuuuuuute

• PerseuEvans

★★★ Watched by PerseuEvans 30 May, 2015

Beautiful locations, a restrained romance and those charming accents. However, some odd choices in terms of story spoil the magic. Kristin Scott Thomas steals every scene in a rarely comic and histrionic role.