• alf025237

★★★ Added by alf025237

um bom filme com boas atuações;

• teamzizzou

★★ Watched by teamzizzou 23 Nov, 2014

Clichéd and corny fishy tale.A British light drama created in that whimsy way with some pleasent cinematography and stock acting.The odd nice touch as it draws to its predictable end.

• Nokhi Ouzbara

★★ Watched by Nokhi Ouzbara 18 Nov, 2014

I was enjoying this movie, was entertaining, nothing exceptional but funny. Until the most uninspired plot twist i've ever seen takes control of the story, from that to the end the movie turns into a shit of biblical proportions.

• Madeline

★★★ Watched by Madeline 10 Nov, 2014

I watched this while getting over a really bad hangover, and it was pretty good for that. But for much else? Not really.

• Oti

★★★½ Watched by Oti 06 Nov, 2014

Con la propuesta de un proyecto a priori absurdo, se desarrolla esta historia, en la que va de menos a más, resultando entretenida, con algunas escenas preciosas y envolvente, si añadimos unas interpretaciones de lujo entre los caracteres antagónicos de sus protagonistas (Ewan McGregor y Emily Blunt) y una siempre fantástica Kristin Scott Thomas, el resultado es muy agradable de ver.

With a proposed project absurd priori, this story, which goes from low to high, being entertaining, with some beautiful…

• Thomas Williams

★★★½ Added by Thomas Williams

This is not a film for the masses as it is slow and quiet and under-stated and stars British actors with accents ... and it is about salmon fishing in the Yemen (as in the fish and the country on the Arabian peninsula). It is the story of a rich sheikh who dreams of bringing fly-fishing to the desert ... and while it may sound like an unreachable dream to most, this sheikh is uber-rich and he's willing to pay…

• Tri Nguyen

★★★½ Watched by Tri Nguyen 03 Nov, 2014

Third act was pure hokum. Still, Emily Blunt is just lovely.

• Dara Khan

★★½ Rewatched by Dara Khan 08 Oct, 2014

I don't know if Lasse Hallström is the best sentimental cheeseball out there, but the way he makes movies tells me he is really trying to be. You have to admire the effort, if not the execution. This is a ridiculous movie, right down to its Mysterious Brown Sheikh Character, but how likable are Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt? I had a crappy eight hours at my corporate office job today and wanted to watch something warm, fuzzy, and utterly toothless. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen seems to have been engineered for these exact conditions.

• anna19aug

★★½ Watched by anna19aug 04 Oct, 2014

This started promisingly with two very different people collaborating on a project, motivated by contrasting interests. For me, the story lost credibility as soon as the protagonists started to have feelings for each other; it felt not only improbable but disappointingly cliché. I felt let down!

• ErinTheMiller

★★★★½ Watched by ErinTheMiller 02 Oct, 2014

Surprising LOVED this movie. Basically I'm a fishing geek and I understood all the struggs and art and divinity of fly fishing.

There were two shots that bothered me in this film, like the transition between Fred's shitty marriage and him taking a plane, and the ending chat room scene. Those were funny in the movie, but in conclusion? Nah, man.

The story was fantastic and the characters were very strong and entertaining. My dad would love this movie.

Emily…

• gabriel lv

★★★★½ Watched by gabriel lv 30 Sep, 2014 1

hipótesis: mala mala, no es.

desarrollo:

· esta historia triangula misticismo islámico, racionalismo inglés, diplomacia posmoderna, ortodoxia (del gran al-ghazali) y aristotelismo (de su némesis averroes), conflictos bélicos y pesca. Y FE.
    · le dirían que no a cualquiera de los dos protagónicos --ewan y emily-- o a los secundarios --kristin y waked? apuesto mi larga melena a que no.
    · tampoco dirían que lasse hallström carece de oficio, o sí? de acuerdo, ha venido un poco a menos, pero…

• Sabela La

★★½ Watched by Sabela La 11 Sep, 2014

Empecé a verla por Ewan McGregor, y me quedé por Kristin Scott Thomas, que aunque breve, está estupenda y su personaje resulta lo mejor de la película.

El argumento, a pesar de pecar de absurdo, me pareció de lo más interesante, y propicia un escenario divertido y diferente para lo que acaba como una comedia romántica cliché.