• cheryl

★★★★ Watched by cheryl 09 Feb, 2016

ewan: [looks over at emily] there was a moment when i had everything, but now i don't know what to do
    me, after watching this film: me neither

• Heidelbaerchen

★★ Added by Heidelbaerchen

Ways to predictable and by far not funny enough to pay up for it

• christianbale

★★½ Watched by christianbale 28 Jan, 2016

Who would've thought it would literally be about salmon fishing in the Yemen

• Raphael

★★★★ Watched by Raphael 09 Jan, 2016

I liked this so much?? I did not see that coming.
    Ewan McGregor's charisma just got me right away and It is impossible not to love Emily Blunt. This was such a light delicious film I feel warm.

• Sigfred Storstrand

★★★½ Watched by Sigfred Storstrand 06 Jan, 2016

Had i not seen Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiigs bit at the 2011 golden globes, where they briefly mentioned this, i would never in a million years have picked it up. But i did, and im glad.

McGregor and Blunt show off their magnificent chemistry, backed by a fairly original plot. Watching this i kept going back and forth on whether this was based on true events or not. Well it wasnt, and thats fine. It actually is quite ludacris…

• André Pedrassi

★★★½ Watched by André Pedrassi 30 Dec, 2015

Although the film background. It's so emotional

• sleepyleafy

★★★ Watched by sleepyleafy 27 Dec, 2015

Very cute film! Lovely scenery and interesting little story. Love Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt and the developing relationship between their characters. Ewan is fantastic at playing slightly awkward guys in the most adorable way possible. While this was nice as a fun, light film for a random Sunday night, I can't say that it was a truly great movie. The whole salmon fishing in the Yemen scheme wasn't very well explained, and it was kind of confusing how everyone…

• audiblebeauty

★★★★½ Rewatched by audiblebeauty 26 Dec, 2015

Just finished the book and wanted to compare, and apparently I forgot more than I remembered from seeing before! Adaptation is especially delightful with the cast, plus some very humorous moments. This is a real sweet film for most ages (some language as the British do).

• Tim Smith

Watched by Tim Smith 20 Dec, 2015

Utter tripe. Utterly trite. One of those all too frequent occasions with so-called 'romance' films where we are given no good reason to believe that the couple could, should or would be together. The plot is completely contrived, attempting to balance whimsy, romantic gushing and ill-considered political satire. What a waste of talent.

• queenofcups

★★½ Added by queenofcups

When you need a romantic movie with a British edge and a bit weird plot, this works well. And Ewan McGregor is always a good bonus!

• leedo0131

★★½ Watched by leedo0131 15 Dec, 2015

A missed opportunity but cute!

• Thiago Minhoca

★★½ Watched by Thiago Minhoca 24 Nov, 2015

Dramédia romântica ruim. O humor só funciona quando aparece Kristin Scott Thomas. O drama é fraco e o casal McGregor & Blunt não parece ter sintonia (embora a história dê justificativa pra isso). O diretor Lasse Hallström não conduziu tão bem como alguns de seus bons filmes anteriores.