• Jon Snow

★★★½ Watched by Jon Snow 29 Sep, 2014

This is apart of Hoop-Tober.

I'm not a big horror aficionado. As you may be able to tell by my recent viewing history, I'm trying to dip my toes in a little bit at a time and warm up to the genre.

I've started with the classics and have found many greats spread all over. Most of my favorite films are just psychological thrillers labeled as horror. This has helped me ease in even better.

Saw has been one that…

• Owen K.

★★½ Watched by Owen K. 29 Sep, 2014

Pretty shitty acting across the board. A lot of disagreeable (unnecessary) camera motion. Often bad with no redeeming camp factor...

The premise, smart story, and production design (for such a low budget) are what make this film. Decent unofficial kickoff to my October horror-thon.

• Dan Bergstrom

½ Added by Dan Bergstrom

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• loverio

★½ Watched by loverio 19 Sep, 2014

OMG

• KMOKLER

★★★ Added by KMOKLER

If your into the dark, discusting, well acted horrors the Saw franchise is for you I dont think I will watch the rest of the franchise because i know its just going to be the same plot over and over again but at least saw has what other horror movies dont have, good acting

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway 2

The original Saw film is a genuinely unsettling and innovative horror thriller which packs a now-acclaimed sharp twist ending. Similar to Final Destination, was it not for how lucrative the film (deservedly) turned out to be, Saw could have remained as a standalone cult classic and not just the beginning of the most gruesome death compilation, which it unfortunately became.

• Garrett Irwin

★★ Added by Garrett Irwin

With cheesy makeup, poor lightning, a plot thats light on depth and character development, and overblown violence, Saw is more rusty than scary. And no, I will not touch the sequels; they're pretty rusty, too!

• Kiko Vega

★★½ Rewatched by Kiko Vega 31 Aug, 2014 5

Es todo como muy gitanako, no?

• Tony Hicks

★★★★ Rewatched by Tony Hicks 30 Aug, 2014 2

If you can ignore the six (!!!) films that follow, "Saw" is a highly competent mystery-thriller with just enough macabre edge to please most horror fans. It's not without its flaws; in only ten years, the film has dated itself noticeably (in another ten years, maybe this will seem charming - it worked for the 80's). Still, for a first outing, Wan and Whannell cranked out a valiantly tense movie with some very scary moments, decent (occasionally over-the-top/entertaining) performances, and…

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 28 Aug, 2014

The story is about Two men wake up in a dingy bathroom, chained to the floor. They are the newest victims of Jigsaw, a serial killer who sets elaborate traps to prove a point. This horror movie has a chilling and a ugly look to this movie and I mean about that in a good way. Jigsaw is the greatest horror character in any other horror movies.

• Salvador Alvarado

★★★★½ Watched by Salvador Alvarado 21 Aug, 2014 1

Spooky with a fantastic premise. Loved it.

• Brent Paton

★★★ Added by Brent Paton

Great concept and direction. Memorable story.