• Rick DeSantis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rick DeSantis 02 Mar, 2015

A wonderful story that was successful at time hopping. The traps and gore were phenomenal. Cary Elwes, Shawnee Smith, Monica Potter, Mike Emerson, Dina Meyer, Ken Leung and Danny Glover were all quite good. I actually thought Leigh Whannell was underrated as he was better than most of the stars. Tobin Bell as Jigsaw is a horror icon.

• Beef Surpreme

★★★½ Rewatched by Beef Surpreme 28 Feb, 2015

Ich hatte den Film ein Tick spannender in Erinnerung! Trotzdem intelligent gemacht, es war zwar keine schauspielerische oder inhaltliche Meisterleistung, aber am Ende ist mein Sofa-Nachbar trotzdem keuchend in sich zusammengesunken, und das ist alles was zählt.

• Luciano Howard

★★★ Rewatched by Luciano Howard 28 Feb, 2015

2nd time around, 10 or so years later, and it was a bit rubbish really. Well, ok. But the twists I knew; the aha moments were more duran duran and frankly my dear, I didn't give an y kind of damn.

• Kev.

★★★★ Rewatched by Kev. 23 Feb, 2015

2005. I was eight or nine when I saw this for the first time. I remember it pretty well too because my mom had invited a shit-ton of her friends over and they all got together to watch this horror of SAW unfold. My mom was a cool lady so she let me sit it on in the fun. I remember at one point, the part where Jigsaw rises from the center of the room, I yelled out "Fucking dead…

• ZawMine

★★★★ Added by ZawMine

One of the most inventive horror films that I've ever seen.

• Ava Davis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ava Davis 21 Feb, 2015 5

hello zepp is probably gonna play when i lose my virginity

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

Get past the gore, and this movie stands out as the intelligent thought provoker.

Although some significant plot holes do exist, the introduction of two men locked in a room and the mysterious Jigsaw killer "games" takes this from a mindless splatter horror to something else.

Shame about the sequels.

• Tyler Foster

★★½ Rewatched by Tyler Foster 04 Oct, 2014

I think the days that I delighted in this series' committed, convoluted stupidity may have passed.

• Parker

★★★★ Rewatched by Parker 14 Feb, 2015

You're watching this movie and you're like, "ayy..." And then that ending hits you and you're like "YO!"

• George Bidwell

★★★★★ Watched by George Bidwell 14 Feb, 2015

Masterfully handled crime horror. The tension and scares are handled well and only add to the film's brilliant detective aspect. The film is as much interested in twists and turns as it is shocks and scares, the performances and quick editing style add to the claustrophobia that is constantly building. The morality and complex situation is where Wan really shines adding his own gritty style to it. Much more than a gore fest, this is a morally complex tension builder.

• Kyle Krieghbaum

★★★ Added by Kyle Krieghbaum

Despite huge leaps in logic, mediocre dialogue, and some stilted performances, Saw is an enjoyable horror film with strong direction, very intense sequences, and a low-budget charm.

Grade: B-