• Richard Murphy

★★★★½ Added by Richard Murphy

A truly brilliant movie. A tense horror/thriller. Spurned a very successful franchise. The ending provides a genuine WTF moment.

• Matthew Saponar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Saponar 26 May, 2015 2

amandas jaw looks so fucking weird when the reverse bear trap comes off

• Gabby Capili

★★★★ Added by Gabby Capili

Ok but hear me out

There is a coherent plot that goes through all 7 movies and I think that deserves some applause

I should never have gotten Letterboxd everyone is going to know that I only watch splatter films

• Thomas

★★★★½ Watched by Thomas 20 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I could not keep my eyes off the screen and there is a HUGE twist that blew my mind.

Spoiler: There is an actual SAW in the movie

• Taylor Yellin

★★★½ Watched by Taylor Yellin 17 May, 2015

It took me way too long to actually watch this.
    This is actually damn good, compared to what I thought it was. I'm debating making my way through all 6, which I'm almost positive decline in quality as it goes on.

• Gonçalo Gil

Added by Gonçalo Gil

The movie has a nice end, but it doesn't forgive the terrible acting.

• ageneral

★★ Rewatched by ageneral 10 May, 2015

Somehow, I once thought this was an amazingly great film.

• Kristy

★★★ Watched by Kristy 14 May, 2015

Average B grade horror that drags in the middle but has a worthwhile final act. Not as gory as expected, solid direction and acting but patchy script.

• kzmovies

★★★ Watched by kzmovies 09 May, 2015

"...Live or die, make your choice.."

The first entry of what is now a huge horror franchise, but I must say this film was a slow burner for me.
    It starts off pretty strong, with the premise that has made these films what they are today, and I love the scenario of two guys who are “strangers” to each other but are trapped in one room where they may never get out of. As soon as they play the tapes,…

• StillLife

★★★★ Watched by StillLife 06 May, 2015 1

A really pleasant surprise that avoids the horror gore label that the series eventually gained.

• Kieran Smith

★★★★½ Added by Kieran Smith

"Most people or so ungrateful to be alive, but not you...not anymore"

The Plot: Photographer Adam Stanheight (Leigh Whannel) and oncologist Lawrence Gordon (Cary Elwes) regain consciousness while chained to pipes at either end of a bathroom. The two men realize they've been trapped by a serial killer nicknamed "Jisgaw" and must complete his puzzle to survive.

James Wan directed quite a stunning and thrilling movie. This movie was really enjoyable and just fun to watch, I loved the concept…

• rachellewis