• Kennedy Megran

★★★★½ Added by Kennedy Megran

love

• Dustin Sells

★★★★ Rewatched by Dustin Sells 02 May, 2016

More MoviesTotallyObsessed work here... It's a pretty tight thriller and I've found that there is much more of Sir Alfred Hitchcock in this film than I realized. That makes me very happy.

• Adam Joco

★★½ Added by Adam Joco

"Give me that sweet cancer"

• Grey the Dot

★★★½ Watched by Grey the Dot 23 Apr, 2016

I saw Saw today, and I immediately realized that I don't like this movie genre.

Even so. I still think this is a well shot, acted and directed movie. It's not perfect. One scene that bothered me particularly was when the doctor and his wife argues in the hallway and it cuts to their kids bedroom without cutting the dialog and for some reason the dialog is louder in the bedroom were the kid is then in the hallway were…

• Andrew Nguyen

★½ Added by Andrew Nguyen

Underwhelming. But was good for it's time I guess???

• Stafford Vaughan

★★★½ Rewatched by Stafford Vaughan 15 Apr, 2016 13

Saw is one of the most entirely original horror movies to emerge in the last 20 years. It's very satisfying to watch a movie and be unable to predict what happens next - something that is rare among modern horror movies. This is my second time watching thus but I forgot how much I enjoyed it... and that final scene *shudders*

Side note: That pig mask is beyond terrifying.

• steven_

★★★ Rewatched by steven_ 11 Apr, 2016

i wasnt into films from a technical aspect when i first watched this when i was a much younger little steven and so i didnt notice how gloriously bad the editing and transitions were and i had a lot of fun realizing that and seeing the film as something that knows that it is poking fun at itself / the actor who played doctor gordon seemed very shakespearean which created a distraction from the tension that would have been felt…

• Emily

★★½ Added by Emily

Saw always had a reputation for being among the most unbearably gory and horrific films, but upon viewing it for the first time I have realised this was the conflated interpretation of my then-teenage peers.

In reality, Saw merely teeters on the edge of being a psychological thriller with true impact. The let down is in the failure to create an adequate depth to any of the characters. In fact, I have said before that "white man who loves his…

• Matthew Saponar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Saponar 09 Apr, 2016 4

leigh whannell sounds like a complete fucking baby when he says

YOU

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ava Davis 09 Apr, 2016 3

fuck you

• Mike McCabe

★★★½ Watched by Mike McCabe 09 Apr, 2016

I wasn't really paying attention

• yush

★★★★ Watched by yush 09 Apr, 2016 4

ava davis has good taste in film.

seriously tho this is an amazing mystery thriller like its hardly a horror film; like it gets bogged down by some really hammy acting but there's some truly thrilling and harrowing sequences and that was possibly the best last six or seven minutes of my entire life.