• Andy

½ Added by Andy

Odio tutta la serie...film inutili...monnezza

• Jack Dignan

★★★ Added by Jack Dignan

Saw isn't really the best executed horror film I've ever seen, but it's still a pretty enjoyable psychological horror with some very inventive death traps. Too bad all the scenes outside of the whole Jigsaw plot just fails to entertain.

• Casey Burchby

★½ Watched by Casey Burchby 24 Oct, 2014

Unpleasant.

• Matthew Donahue

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Donahue 20 Oct, 2014

Neat premise with a few scares. Keeps you guessing until the end. Definitely the face that launched a thousand gory horror flicks.

• Phips

★★★½ Rewatched by Phips 21 Oct, 2014 6

Since it's October I figured that I'd jump on the bandwagon and watch some horror films this month. Given my incredibly tight schedule as of late I'll probably only fit in this and You're Next.

I can't remember if I saw this is theaters back in '04. I've only seen Saw I-III and I know that I saw Saw III in theaters. It really amazes me that this franchise went on as long as it did (or is it still…

• Julia

★★★★½ Watched by Julia 21 Oct, 2014

First I happened to see the 6th movie, then the 2nd and now, at last, I watched the first one. Which was genius and I was amazed by the ending even though I knew what is going to happen in the next movie. I totally loved it. I do not consider it a horror movie, I just like the genius ideas in this movie (and the other ones, too). Too sad I have to watch them alone :D

• Gustav

★★★½ Watched by Gustav 18 Oct, 2014 4

James Wan's Saw seems like the film a young Sam Raimi would make if he so happened to have just seen Se7en and been temporally David Fincher-obsessed. The schlocky low-budget is a breeding ground for irrepressibly vibrant and witty intensity - even if the camera's movement is only just on the right side of nauseating, and at that, still treading a balance on utter kookiness. It surrounds itself in a gritty and grimly feeling of urban rot that holds itself…

• byarsan

★★★½ Added by byarsan

Acting and script were both fairly weak, but it was still extremely entertaining. Glad I got the box set.

• zuhair vazir

★★★½ Rewatched by zuhair vazir 14 May, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• SamRieck

★★★½ Added by SamRieck

Lots of plot holes and things that don't hold up, but damn that first time through is a hell of a lot of fun.

• Scott Audetat

★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Audetat 13 Oct, 2014

Has it already been ten years? I'm rewatching the entire series this week to see if I still enjoy them.

I still think the twist is cheap, it's one you probably won't guess, but it begs to ask about the plotholes it had to have made. I mean no one is that still.

The cast is pretty good, with a lot of small performances that lead to bigger characters later. I still think Elwes has some awful acting in the…

• Joachim Andersson

★★★ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 13 Oct, 2014 2

The first Saw is an ok thriller that really doesn't hold up well for a rewatch, which I just did. When you know the twist it's never really that interesting which says a lot of how solid the concept really is. That it's basically a Seven ripoff is quite obvious now.

It's far from bad though, just not as clever as it thinks it is. Looking forward to watching the whole series now, only seen 1, 2 and 4 before