• Nayeem Alam

★★★★ Watched by Nayeem Alam 24 Apr, 2015

Never has a film's reputation been damaged by it's sequels than 2004's modern horror classic Saw. While it's many sequels rely upon needless gore, the original takes a more psychological path, often feeling similar to David Filcher's Se7en. The premise is well known as a surgeon and a lawyer wake up chained in an old dilapidated bathroom as part of a serial killer's twisted game.

While the acting may be laughable at times, I was surprised at how much I…

• kurazaybo

★★★½ Rewatched by kurazaybo 23 Apr, 2015

James Wan saltó a la fama con esta pelicula y con mucha razón. Funciona como historia de terror (y presencias sobrenaturales), como thriller con tintes detectivescos/policiacos y como una especie de whodunnit, con todo y una revelación dramática del culpable. Curiosamente suena a la formula que hizo exitosa a "Scream", aunque sin los adolescentes.

A una década de su aparición me llaman la atención varias cosas: lo cuidados que están los detalles, lo mala que es la actuación del personaje…

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Online

• Nick

★★★★ Added by Nick

Before going on to birth a painfully drawn-out, poorly-written, and stupidly-acted series of mediocre horror flicks, Saw was one of a kind. A slasher movie at its core, but with wonderful originality and great writing. The acting can be a bit weak at times but everything else about this movie is just plain great.

• FlickFanatics

★★★★½ Added by FlickFanatics

One of my favorite Wan films. The twist is one of my favorites in any movie I can recall. When I think of twists, I usually think of The Usual Suspects and Saw (as weird as that combo is). Very effective, creative film overall.

• AlexHendry

★★★★ Rewatched by AlexHendry 16 Apr, 2015

Better than I remember, acting really does let it down its even laughable at times.

• Cory

★★★ Rewatched by Cory 13 Apr, 2015

I hadn't seen this since the theatre. Cary Elwes has a terrible scream and the other guy was annoying the hell out of me. Points for giving Danny Glover the chance to act crazy!

• Yumin Ha

★★½ Added by Yumin Ha

yeah its saw

• Matthew Saponar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Saponar 11 Apr, 2015 2

h k there ive done it now show them2me
    e i leigh whanello zepp
    l l the pig jump scare still fucks me up
    l l saw 5&6 aren't that bad
    o i love film james wan; sweet prince
    m eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    z e
    e i hope insidious3 is good
    p
    p this is 795 times better than furoisu se7en

• Carl

★★★ Watched by Carl 09 Apr, 2015

better than I though it would be

• JaySalahi

★★★★ Rewatched by JaySalahi 07 Apr, 2015

B+ (88)

• Tate

★★★★ Watched by Tate 06 Apr, 2015

An inventive and suspenseful horror film that manages to stay fresh all throughout the movie as we, the audience, learn more and more backstory. Despite this, it has some downfalls when it comes to the acting and the use or rather misuse of the shaky cam technique. However, the ending may rank in one of the most surprising and interesting endings I have ever watched.