• ander

★★ Watched by ander 25 Jul, 2015

Saw is so thick with exposition it recaps itself in full 2/5ths of the way through. And in part at numerous other points. It's ugly structuring, nearly as ugly as most of the cinematography, but it is in some manner necessary. Because Saw isn't scary or shocking in any real way, it requires a gimmick to remain stimulating. Prevalent nested flashbacks and quick-cut montages of moments we've already seen do the trick by forcing constant mental logging of all the puzzle pieces. Such an elaborate creative concept should summon more than minor intrigue.

• carolinyds

★★★★ Watched by carolinyds 24 Jul, 2015

Finalmente assisti Jogos Mortais! Não esperava que fosse gostar tanto quanto gostei. Não sei por que esperei tanto tempo pra assistir (lembro que desde que eu era uma mini-Caroliny eu queria assistir esse filme). Me sinto um pequeno passo mais perto da realização pessoal com os filmes de terror.

• Doug Normand

★★★★ Rewatched by Doug Normand 24 Jul, 2015

This is the first time I've watch this since going to see it at the cinema. What a film, great idea, ruined by sequels. This is a prime example of why Cinema need to learn to go out on a high an not exhaust a great frantice.

• Audiences Everywhere

★★★★ Added by Audiences Everywhere

"Saw remains a classic, albeit imperfect, horror film that matters more than any of us could have predicted it would a whole decade later."

Read Sara Grasberg's full review.

• Tim

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tim 22 Jul, 2015

What I Learned:
    'Saw' is a lot smarter movie than people give it credit for, courtesy of the brilliant James Wan

Direction: ★★★★★

★★★★ Rewatched by Christian Katzorke 17 Jul, 2015

Still good.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Josiah Morgan 19 Jul, 2015

i dont even fucking care this is the best horror franchise ever made

• Jessi Robb

★★★★ Watched by Jessi Robb 19 Jul, 2015

i saw this straight after watching a kids' theatre production

that was fun

• theactualjase

★★★★½ Watched by theactualjase 16 Jul, 2015

This was awesome. I didn't know what the hell was going on right until the end. The film is very cleverly written, and we only ever know as much as the two men in the room. Leigh Whannell is good, as is Cary Elwes for the most part but his accent was kind of dodgy. It was wavering a lot. I wasn't honestly expecting to like this as much as I did. Apart from a few scenes which I felt maybe went a bit too far over the top, I found this to be an excellent film.

• suplexcitybitch

★★★★★ Added by suplexcitybitch

Absolutely love this film. Probably my favorite horror of the 00's.

• RobWilson

★★★½ Watched by RobWilson 14 Jul, 2015

I just watched a little film called (2004) "Saw". It has been at the top on my Horror Hall Of Shame. Two guys wake up to find themselves chained up. They have to figure out how to get out of the chains or bad things will happen.

I'm not going to spend too much time describing a movie this huge. If'n you haven't seen this movie (you might be the last person in the world at this point): SPOILER ALERT.…