• Maggie

★★★½ Watched by Maggie 23 Jul, 2014

I have to say, I definitely was wrong for judging this movie before watching it. Hearing about the Saw franchise, many imagine major gore and little plot development. Preparing to watch this, I was ready to roll my eyes throughout the entire thing. I was proven wrong.
    In my opinion, this film felt a lot more like a psychological thriller than a horror movie, as it didn't feel as if it was meant to be very scary. Or maybe I'm…

• Dave Live

★★★★★ Added by Dave Live

A sickly masterpiece.

• mtsiapas

★★★★★ Added by mtsiapas

WONDERFUL, SCARY, UNEXPECTED ENDING A HISTORICAL MOVIE THAT CHANGED THE MEANING OF PHSYCHOLOGICAL HORROR

• André Veiby

★★★★ Added by André Veiby

This one is worth a watch, you don't have to watch after the third one. You can stop there and be happy with that. I'd say this is the best one of the franchise. You should watch it

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and yes it does have a sizable profit margin considering this installment only took just over a million dollars to make and for that budget it does have millions of dollars in return. Important warning this installment has a very graphic nature and when I say very I mean extremely graphic nature of violence, death, disembowelment, torture including visual self harming. Warning for those who have photosynthesis epilepsy or anything of…

• alf025237

★★★★½ Added by alf025237

ótimo filme. inovador. e um psicopata inteligentíssimo. o início de uma nova franquia no gênero.

• Ediz Can Günenç

★★★★ Watched by Ediz Can Günenç 23 Nov, 2014

Da-ra-ram, da-ra-ram, da-ra-da-ra-ram! Da-ra-ram, da-ra-ram, da-ra-da-ra-ram!

I must say I felt the same thing with "Naughty". Saw awakes my sadistic parts. I am not afraid to say that I actually side with Jigsaw in Saw movies. He's like me, like you. You just don't think like "Oh this is disgusting!" No. You think like Jigsaw don't you? Remember how did you react when Doctor went crazy with the handsaw yelling "MY FAMILY! THEY NEED ME!"?
    What did you think?
    Personally…

• Adrian Zachow

★★ Added by Adrian Zachow

Unpleasant snuff movie slash horror thriller. The premise is not bad- serial killer places victims in elaborate traps, cop Glover is on the trail, but the film is let down by some terrible acting and clumsy dialogue.

• rachaelsara

Added by rachaelsara

I don't care what anyone says, I loved this movie. It was the perfect mix of visual and psychological horror which is what I like to see in horror movies. I liked the score too (I mean "Hello Jedd," let's be honest). Also, Cary Elwes is still so handsome. He's an older-man handsome now, but still.

• Andy Summers

★★½ Watched by Andy Summers 16 Nov, 2014 1

This is how you can tell I'm not a big horror movie fan. Saw was released in 2004, 10 years ago, and this is me just seeing it for the first time. I've gotten used to James Wan's style of more paranormal type horror films in recent years with the likes of both Insidious and The Conjuring scaring the pants off me, but this film didn't have quite the impact of either.
    You can't deny that the Saw film series…

• GKnight

★★★ Added by GKnight

It's definitely style over substance in this horror thriller, but it does the job keeping the viewer on the edge of their seat. The plot holes are many, but it moves along so quickly, you hardly have the time to think about the details. You'll enjoy the wild ride if this is what you came for.

• MadManWithaBox

★★ Added by MadManWithaBox

Its funny, I have vague memories of enjoying this when I was younger, but watching it now, and its absolute shite. This series is a bit of a joke these days for how dumb and stupid it is, so no shock here.