• cronic

10/10
    Masterpiece

• Chris Drake

★★★ Added by Chris Drake

It's funny that Florida looks exactly the same now as in this film.

• aarongpalmer

★★★★★ Added by aarongpalmer 4

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Lee

★★★★★ Added by Lee

Me personally thinks Pacino is much better than Di Niro.
    Having heard the great guy is in town ( 1998 this was) my GF and me rushed down to try and meet him.
    That evening we arrived and there was was quite a lot of people waiting for him too which we thought wouldn't happen.
    He turns up and everybody is calling his name to sign their posters/pics etc. He starts to sign for everybody. When it comes to me…

• Massafaka

★★★½ Rewatched by Massafaka 01 Dec, 2013

Na gut, den hab ich auch schon mehrmals gesehen und er lässt immer mehr nach. Etwas holprig das ganze, die Zeitsprünge kommen eigenartig, Pacino spielt den Machowichser natürlich gut und die 80er-Synthiemusik regelt anfangs, wird aber in Kitschszenen unfreiwillig komisch. Zugutehalten muss man dem Film, dass Tony echt richtig schön straight forward agiert, und keine Kompromisse eingeht. Unfreiwillige Komik auch im Finale mit dem Sonnenbrillentypen, abgesehen davon, dass das Killerkommando anscheinend gleich mal nach Florida gebeamt wurde. Naja,

7/10 bleiben noch. Original ist besser.

• David Raposa

★★★½ Watched by David Raposa 21 Jul, 2014

The disclaimer in the credits might be the most vulgar thing in this film. (Whoever signed off on "the American scene" should be ashamed of themselves; I'm looking at you, Oliver.)

As for the vulgarity of the actual film, I honestly could've used more, because there are severe lulls (especially between the shower scene -- oh Brian you Hitch-loving goober, you; he doesn't quite execute the same editorial ballet that Hitchcock did, but it's still a nice [intentional?] wink --…

• Pike Bishop

★★★ Watched by Pike Bishop 18 Jul, 2014

A gaudy shooting spree that is entertaining but an overall disappointing remake.

• dartagnan

★★★½ Watched by dartagnan 17 Jul, 2014

It's easy to see why this film became such an iconic one (six words: say hello to my little friend), and I must give it kudos for being able to keep my attention on the plot when there were so many distractions like:

- the soundtrack. Wow. It is super eighties.
    - how beautiful Michelle Pfeiffer is...and how ridiculously skimpy her outfits are. In her first scene she basically goes out to dinner in a fancy nightdress.
    - the hunky…

• Peter Cox

★★★★ Watched by Peter Cox 16 Jul, 2014

Improbably I'd never seen this before now. A slick mountain of excess. Don't remember Pacino wearing a scarf once, mind.

• MARTIN BRADLEY

★★★★½ Rewatched by MARTIN BRADLEY 11 Jul, 2014

Not so much a remake as a reinvention of Howard Hawks' 1932 classic, Brian De Palma's SCARFACE gave Al Pacino one of his greatest roles as Tony Montana, the Cuban immigrant who comes to Miami and embraces capitalism in the only way he knows how. Violent, excessive and almost 3 hours long, De Palma's movie is something of classic itself and Pacino's admittedly wildly over-the-top performance is nevertheless hugely enjoyable. He is also the only one to get his name…

• Juliano Cezar

★★★★★ Rewatched by Juliano Cezar 10 Jul, 2014

Along with Goodfellas and The Godfather trilogy, one of the most intense stories of rise and fall of a mobster. Al Pacino unleashed as never before or after.

• Angie

★★★★½ Watched by Angie 09 Jul, 2014

Can't believe I've waited this long to watch it. i was into it ever since the first moments when i heard Al Pacino being interrogated. He is such an amazing actor, I can't believe it, I was missing out so much!