• jonnyfreakin

★★★½ Rewatched by jonnyfreakin 10 Oct, 2015

Very good movie, if not a little dated. I'm sure I would have liked it better closer to when it actually came out. Pacino's performance ages just fine, but several aspects of the film feel incredibly dated already.

• Hias

★★★★½ Rewatched by Hias 09 Oct, 2015

Still one of my favorites, a stylized look into how money and power turns you numb and self-destructive.

Referenced all in the time in popular culture, the movie always felt very bleak to me, like you know it's not going to end any other way than how it does.

But it's endlessly compelling.

• Joren Cain

★★★★ Watched by Joren Cain 06 Oct, 2015 3

Minus one star for "Push it to the Limit."

I like that Tony Montana is kind of a loser canon - which we don't usually see from gangsters - but I'm not a fan of a lot of the casting decisions in this. Cubans existed in the 80s, right? And I bet some of them were actors, even....

• flexewebs

★★★★★ Added by flexewebs

One of the most engaging films of all time in many senses.

I must have seen it about 20 times so far.

Every time I watch it I seem to get a new angle on it.

Acting from Al Pacino in this film in one of the most legendary of all time.

The story is also really very raw and to the point, the classic dynamics of reproduction, survival, battle for better life and greed.

An awesome film!

• Flovv

★★★ Watched by Flovv 02 Oct, 2015

"Enjoyable but Flawed"

Scarface - both the man and the film - were ultimately too simple to be truly satisfying. As a character, he might have balls, as he's constantly reminding us, and his brashness is responsible for the good bits in the film, but overall, it's somehow a bit of a letdown after the manipulative cunning of a Michael Corleone. And as you watch the film, it's so utterly predictable what's going to happen. As soon as you seen…

• Voina

★★★½ Added by Voina

A remake of the 1930s film of the same name adapted to fit into 1980s Miami. The story is the same aside from some minor tweaks, and the movie is quite entertaining, but as with most remakes it falls short.

• jacksonwells123

★★★★★ Added by jacksonwells123

A timeless classic. The best mob movie eccept for mabey "Good Fellas" and "The Godfather" Al Paccino maks you feel like he is an actual gangster. Something very few people have the talent to do. The ONLY person i have seen play the part better would have to be James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano in the hit HBO series "The Sopranos"

viewed 6/21

• Roberts

★★★ Rewatched by Roberts 21 Sep, 2015

#Brian De Palma-thon.

Everybody's laughing, but two guys are not. They came here to kill.

Less a BDP movie than Oliver Stone's attempt at fighting his coke demons.

• taptup

★★★ Rewatched by taptup 14 Sep, 2015

Me encantaría ser una señora en la secuencia del restaurante.

• Liam Fogarty

★★★ Rewatched by Liam Fogarty 12 Sep, 2015

Belated Happy Birthday Brian De Palma.

I decided to revisit Scarface because I've had a bit of a reevaluation of De Palma's work recently, I originally wrote him off as someone who just didn't appeal to me, pretty much based off my initial reaction to Scarface. And Scarface is one of those films that you really only remember the best bits about. You remember the excess and the money, the quotable lines, the endless swearing, the mountains of cocaine and…

• An Angry Bear

★★★★½ Watched by An Angry Bear 11 Sep, 2015

Compelling and vibrant, Scarface has aged incredibly well.

• nika

★★★★½ Added by nika

still so mad with the ending