• Brett Leach

★★★★ Rewatched by Brett Leach 27 Aug, 2014

Not one of my favorite De Palma films but there are things about it I really enjoy. It has a really nice layer of sleaze on it. I used to hate the synthesizer score but it is starting to grow on me. And Pacino is great in this; one of his first over-the-top performances.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 10 Mar, 2008

Certainly overlong and not precisely one of the first films that would come to my mind if I started listing the greatest gangster films ever made, Brian De Palma's Scarface is nonetheless an energetically filmed, intensely performed, disturbingly violent, and, whether you like or not, a really memorable film.

Al Pacino's performance as Tony Montana is one of the main reasons for its status as an iconic cult film. His work here is quite complex and hard to describe. He…

• BasedKorea

★★★ Added by BasedKorea

Didn't impress

• footbalhuck

★★★★½ Added by footbalhuck

Pacino is full of rage in this crime epic, in fact all players are on top form in this corker of a movie.

• Garrett Irwin

★★★★½ Added by Garrett Irwin

Is there really anything I can say about this classic that hasn't already been said a billion times??

• Justin Harrison

★★★★ Watched by Justin Harrison 18 Aug, 2014

I came to Scarface knowing three things. It was directed by Brian De Palma, a director who I've just started exploring. It was written by Oliver Stone, a writer and director who has done some well-regarded work I've never seen and some poorly regarded work that has flummoxed me (there is a lengthy piece to be written about the bizarre, somewhat fascinated failure of Savages). It's occasionally been quoted by my Dad, Pacino accent and all, to annoy people. So…

• rewatchvalue

★★★★★ Rewatched by rewatchvalue 16 Aug, 2014

Scarface is one of those 3 hour films that keeps you entertained all the way. This movie is about greed, it's about power, and most importantly about the delusion of the 'American Dream'.

Al Pacino plays Tony Montana, whom you see on screen slowly being transformed by his increase in wealth and power. Pacino is surprisingly comedic in this role and yet still manages to be a guy you don't want to cross.

Would definitely recommend this to everyone.

• Luigi Allender

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luigi Allender 16 Aug, 2014

The man who wants it all. Al Pacino's Tony Montana is brilliant. You see his journey from a refugee camp to an overflow of wealth and a mansion and everything money can buy. A gangster movie if there was one. When I first watched this film in middle school, I didn't have an appreciation for it and thought it was lame. Now that I've watched it as an adult I've grown to see it's awesomeness. You root for the bad…

• mangum_pi

★★★½ Watched by mangum_pi 12 Aug, 2014

"nothing exceeds like excess"

• TheMoon

★★★★★ Watched by TheMoon 11 Aug, 2014

Why are you reading this? You know this flick is great. So yeah, if you haven't watched it, go watch it and if you have watched it well watch it again. This movie is awesome.

• Matthias

★★★★ Watched by Matthias 09 Aug, 2014

Elvira: Can't you stop saying fuck all the time?

Sums it up quite well.

• sarahc

★★★★★ Added by sarahc

"You need people like me. So you can point your fuckin fingers and say that's the bad guy!"