• Grimbo

★★★★½ Rewatched by Grimbo 28 Sep, 2014

Short angry cuban immigrant kills his way to the top of the Miami cocaine scene.

Miami didn't look half as hot as it actually is here!

• shakthi

★★★½ Watched by shakthi 07 Jun, 2012

top action and gangster movie....
    though it is a remake of howard hawks scarface,we cannot rate it low.

• warriors

★★★★★ Added by warriors

Say hello to my little friend......don't get high on your own supply! Brian De Palma and Al Pacino! one of the best movies i've ever seen and a really 80's atmosphere!

• Jorge Pardo M.

★★★½ Watched by Jorge Pardo M. 24 Sep, 2014

A destacar la interpretación de Pacino, la dirección de De Palma durante la última hora de película —y que desemboca en el ya conocido final— y la banda sonora de Moroder.

De la primera parte de la cinta —primera hora y media— se hacen un tanto incómodos los saltos temporales en el guión. Servidor se queda con ganas de más, pero, entonces, la película duraría 5-6 horas. No queda del todo clara la evolución del Tony Montana recién llegado al…

• Ty Sheedlo

★★★★ Watched by Ty Sheedlo 18 Sep, 2014

cock-a-roaches!

• JC13

★★★★★ Rewatched by JC13 15 Sep, 2014

Tony Montana: "Me, I want what's coming to me."

Manny: "Oh, well what's coming to you?"

Tony Montana: "The world, chico, and everything in it."

Brian De Palma's controversial masterpiece Scarface has been one of my favorite films since I had an official favorites list. Surprisingly I've gone about nine months or so since my last viewing (which for me is a long time), so I was interested to see how it would hold up. Let's just say it held…

• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 27 Nov, 2012

I loved... crazy and insane movie!

• LeviGroovy

★★★★ Watched by LeviGroovy 15 Sep, 2014

Say hello to my little friend!

• PitchingBear

★★★ Watched by PitchingBear 14 Sep, 2014

"So say goodnight to the bad guy."

A deeper story than I expected, "Scarface" is reminiscent of a greek tragedy much like "Citizen Kane", but with a gangster backdrop. Like Kane, Tony Montana is simultaneously the protagonist and the antagonist in his lavish and equally destructive life. I haven't decided yet if the bouncy 80's synth music is a mole or a beauty mark, but when its all said and done, this may be the film that Al Pacino is most remembered for.

• Asher

★★★★★ Added by Asher 4

Tony Montana's good at his game. He's tough, rough and mean. Yet, underneath there's something unique and kind about this most unusual guy. He's off to America. To begin the dream. To get it, he'll have to do a few seedy deeds. He's playing with fire. but it is, after all, for the pursuit of his personal desires.

Up the ladder he climbs. Making good friends with Miami's lords of crime. One has a pretty girl. She's sweet. But Tony's…

• Evan Cogswell

★★★ Added by Evan Cogswell

Pacino hams it up with his scenery chewing a little too much for my taste. Pfeiffer is excellent; De Palma creates several striking visuals and a bunch of unremarkable ones, and Oliver Stone's script could have a been a little tighter, especially towards the end.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 14 Sep, 2014

Some of my friends argue that this movie is boring. I disagree. Certainly it's not as entertaining and exciting as it could be if it were handed to a director like Scorsese (as it is very Scorsese-style story of long road up, fast road down), and it consists mostly of dialogue (but it's brilliant dialogue). But it has some tremendous and thrilling action sequences throughout, Al Pacino entertains with flamboyance throughout, and eve if it is boring, it's all worth it for that spectacular, legendary, famous final shootout.