• femesmo

★★★★★ Watched by femesmo 27 Nov, 2012

I loved... crazy and insane movie!

• LeviGroovy

★★★★ Watched by LeviGroovy 15 Sep, 2014

Say hello to my little friend!

• PitchingBear

★★★ Watched by PitchingBear 14 Sep, 2014

"So say goodnight to the bad guy."

A deeper story than I expected, "Scarface" is reminiscent of a greek tragedy much like "Citizen Kane", but with a gangster backdrop. Like Kane, Tony Montana is simultaneously the protagonist and the antagonist in his lavish and equally destructive life. I haven't decided yet if the bouncy 80's synth music is a mole or a beauty mark, but when its all said and done, this may be the film that Al Pacino is most remembered for.

• Asher

★★★★★ Added by Asher 4

Tony Montana's good at his game. He's tough, rough and mean. Yet, underneath there's something unique and kind about this most unusual guy. He's off to America. To begin the dream. To get it, he'll have to do a few seedy deeds. He's playing with fire. but it is, after all, for the pursuit of his personal desires.

Up the ladder he climbs. Making good friends with Miami's lords of crime. One has a pretty girl. She's sweet. But Tony's…

• Evan Cogswell

★★★ Watched by Evan Cogswell 10 Sep, 2014

Pacino hams it up with his scenery chewing a little too much for my taste. Pfeiffer is excellent; De Palma creates several striking visuals and a bunch of unremarkable ones, and Oliver Stone's script could have a been a little tighter, especially towards the end.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 14 Sep, 2014

Some of my friends argue that this movie is boring. I disagree. Certainly it's not as entertaining and exciting as it could be if it were handed to a director like Scorsese (as it is very Scorsese-style story of long road up, fast road down), and it consists mostly of dialogue (but it's brilliant dialogue). But it has some tremendous and thrilling action sequences throughout, Al Pacino entertains with flamboyance throughout, and eve if it is boring, it's all worth it for that spectacular, legendary, famous final shootout.

• sschuster

★★★★½ Rewatched by sschuster 10 Sep, 2014

4K DCP. A quintessentially 80's film, in some of the best and worst ways, DePalma takes you on one of the most human journeys in cinema - to the depths of selfishness, corruption and death, the darkest side of life. Early on in the film, Pacino's Tony Montana is told by his boss, Frank Lopez, "But the guys who want it all, chicas, champagne, flash... they don't last". DePalma not only sums up the film in this simple sentence, but…

• Nick C.

★★★★★ Added by Nick C.

Unfortunately, I was unable to see the original Scarface from 1932 before seeing Brian De Palma's Scarface for the first time, so I will be reviewing this film on its own rather than comparing it to the original. After watching Brian De Palma's Scarface for the first time, I am convinced that it is one of the best crime films I have ever seen. I was blown away by how clearly many of my favorite T.V. shows and movies have…

• DestyNova

Watched by DestyNova 06 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ruobing

★★★★★ Watched by Ruobing 05 Sep, 2014

I haven't a single thing to say about this film that hasn't been said before. Lush cinematography, a great cast, elegant camerawork, raw dialogue. A bit long, but I wasn't bored or uninterested for a single moment.

It's just perfect.

• Roderick Momin

★★★★ Watched by Roderick Momin 29 Apr, 2014

Say hello to my little review. Good movie.

• Brett Leach

★★★★ Rewatched by Brett Leach 27 Aug, 2014

Not one of my favorite De Palma films but there are things about it I really enjoy. It has a really nice layer of sleaze on it. I used to hate the synthesizer score but it is starting to grow on me. And Pacino is great in this; one of his first over-the-top performances.