• Ryan Hookway

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan Hookway 19 May, 2015

Scarface isn't a perfect film, but it's one of those films that has enough good elements that make it a classic.

It's surprisingly under stylized, considering it's an 80's film. If you compare it to the like of something such as "To Live And Die In L.A.", it's 80's flair is pretty understated, except for some of the style and certain musical choices, such as Push It To The Limit, or even Giorgio Moroders' wonderful synth score. I almost would…

• Mr. Tattsyrup

★★★★½ Rewatched by Mr. Tattsyrup 26 Apr, 2015

"You wanna fuck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!"
    -Tony Montana

88%

• MogulsReview

★★½ Added by MogulsReview

A movie about people acting stupid and overreacting all the time. It was lame, with a story to match and the acting wasn't convincing.

• Andrée

★★★ Watched by Andrée 16 May, 2015

I once saw an interview with Al Pacino in which he was asked about his acting methods. He shrugged the question off by saying: "They give me the lines, and I just say them". I don't think Pacino ever attended the Marlon Brando Academy for Method Acting, but he sure as hell gives a performance that not only pulls you in, it engages you and makes you believe.

And holy crap: that ending. What an ending. I can see why Tarantino likes to throw the "shoot out" scenes into films like Kill Bill and Django Unchained - Tony Montana really set the bar for them!

• veronica

★★★★★ Watched by veronica 15 May, 2015

obviously, it was nothing short of amazing, its a MCFREAKIN AL PACINO MOVIE

• Mshaw520

★★★★½ Watched by Mshaw520 13 May, 2015

The red scare, political refugee, mobsters. Got to love this film!! Only motif I noticed was the music that ensued murder. Not neary like the X's in the '83 version.

P.S. Great year!!

• Ross Bonaime

★★★½ Watched by Ross Bonaime 14 May, 2015 2

At this point, Scarface is less of a film and more of a cultural icon - one after finally seeing Scarface, I can say I do not understand at all. The story of Scarface is essentially "man kills his way to the top, until he is also killed." I could understand a reverence for most organized crime films, but this isn't exactly one I get.

The first half of the film is far more intriguing than the second half, as…

• Patrick D.

★★★★½ Watched by Patrick D. 14 May, 2015

Alright, this another classic film I admittedly hadn't seen until now.

"Scarface" is simply awesome. Al Pacino's portrayal of Cuban gangster, "Tony Montana" is awesome. Brian De Palma's direction is awesome. And if you don't like this movie, it is probably because "you're whom is so polluted."

Letter Grade: A

• Marcio Melo

★★★★★ Watched by Marcio Melo 09 May, 2015 2

Al Pacino INSANO!

Menos um na minha lista da vergonha :P

• Samuel B. Prime

★★★½ Watched by Samuel B. Prime 09 May, 2015

Don't get me wrong. I have seen and enjoyed SCARFACE more times than I can account for and the 35mm print on display at Cinefamily was easily in the top ten of the most beautiful prints I've ever seen. However, I still think - no, I know - that my preferred way to watch SCARFACE is to stumble upon it on television. Preferably using a small, CRT television and in the afternoon. For two reasons: I think SCARFACE is the…

• Niklas Pivic

★★★★½ Rewatched by Niklas Pivic 24 Feb, 2015

Still glowing, still great.

• Simon9688

★★★ Added by Simon9688

An incredibly influential film but at the same time I don't think its a great film.