• Jabberwocky

★★★½ Rewatched by Jabberwocky 01 Mar, 2015

"You die motherfucker, don't fuck with me"

Iconic film, legendary actor! Brian De Palma did a flawless job!

• Casper de Geus

★★★½ Watched by Casper de Geus 28 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Scarface is zonder twijfel een ongelofelijke klassieker, het gewicht dat de film met zich meedraagt, de ontelbare iconische posters die in koten en slaapkamers hangen en zoek maar iemand die "say hello to my little friend" niet kan quoten.
    De eerste 40 minuten had ik wel moeite met deze faam te begrijpen, de film had last van 2 extremen: ofwel waren het veel te wijde shots die veel te lang aanhielden ofwel waren het veel te snelle shots die me…

• Jez Meyer

★★★★ Added by Jez Meyer

As a tale of the corruption of power and the dangers of the 'American Dream' Scarface possesses none of the finesse of The Godfather. De Palma's interpretation may be more about drug-addled psychosis than the tortured soul of Tony Montana, but it's still an exhilarating, visceral ride, driven by Pacino's maniacal performance.

• Michael Thompson

★★★★ Watched by Michael Thompson 17 Jan, 2015

I don't really get all the hype. It was cool, for sure, and the music was great. Pacino was wonderful. My favorite scene was the early drug deal in the hotel room. I wish the rest of the film had been more like that. It was a little unfocused later on, the montage was ridiculous, and the ending shootout, while badass and tragic and shit, was almost laughable after a point. Cocaine's a hell of a drug, but just how many bullets can one man take?

• Cinematic Justice

Watched by Cinematic Justice 01 Dec, 2011

I will never understand the rabid following this film has inspired. Someone help me out here.

• Paul Lister

Rewatched by Paul Lister 23 Feb, 2015

"So say goodnight to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you."

'Scarface' before 'The Wolf of Wall Street' may have been the most excessive work in American cinema. It's one of those films that you grow up on when you're younger based on it's legacy in pop culture. Certainly when I was growing up the film was on constant repeat, the ferocious performance by Al Pacino,…

• Dave Sloboda

★★★½ Added by Dave Sloboda

An over-the-top performance from Al Pacino, but not in a bad way.

• Brian Hann

★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

I do like Scarface, but did find the jarring music and frantic pacing off putting throughout.

Great Al Pacino part.

• Jeremie Watson

★★★★½ Added by Jeremie Watson

Say hello to my successful, moneymaking, legendary friend.

• lorrie

★★★★ Watched by lorrie 18 Feb, 2015

where is my tony and elvira sex scene??

• Toneto

★★★★★ Watched by Toneto 16 Feb, 2015

Loved the soundtrack from Giorgio, also so much GTA Vice City in here.

• Alec Price

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alec Price 13 Feb, 2015 3

Nothing exceeds like excess, and very few things are as overblown, overwrought and, indeed, over the top as Brian DePalma's hysterical re-imagining of Scarface, based on a screenplay by Oliver Stone that transposed the comparatively sedate prohibition-era criminality of Howard Hawks' 1932 original for the drug-fuelled venality of the more-is-more culture of the 1980s. Set in a Miami flooded with Cuban refugees and blanketed by cocaine, the newly arrived Tony Montana, played by Al Pacino in a frenzied fit of…