• Elias Elias

★★★★½ Added by Elias Elias

Say hello to my little friend!

• Shawn McEntyre

★★★★½ Rewatched by Shawn McEntyre 23 Apr, 2014

The first time I watched this film was at the beginning of my quest to learn the art. I was fool-hearty and had not yet realized how genius Brian De Palma is. I chalked it up as just another overrated film perpetuated by dude-bros so they could hang the poster on their wall.

I was wrong.

This is cinematic purity. One of the greatest crime films of all time. That's why it lives on.

• Jacques Poluleuligaga

★★★★ Rewatched by Jacques Poluleuligaga 23 Apr, 2014

Excessive almost to a profound point.

• Ruth

★★★½ Rewatched by Ruth 23 Apr, 2014 3

Some movies grow with you, whilst others fade away. This is the latter.

Once upon a time, in the latter years of high school, Scarface was seriously challenging to be my favourite film, and I had a "say hello to my little friend" memorabilia piece hanging on my bedroom wall. It was just a cool, good time movie.

I remember rewatching this last about 5 years ago, and not being too impressed. The magic was already fading. Unfortunately, I regard…

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

"Me, I want what's coming to me." "What's coming to you?" "The world, Chico, and everything in it."

-- Tony Montana in "Scarface"

Brian De Palma's "Scarface" rises or falls with Al Pacino's performance, which is aggressive, over the top, teeth-gnashing, arm-waving, cocaine-snorting, scenery chewing -- and brilliant, some say, while others find it unforgivably flamboyant. What were Pacino's detractors hoping for? Something internal and realistic? Low key? The Tony Montana character is above all a performance artist, a man…

• YingaGarten

★★★ Watched by YingaGarten 19 Apr, 2014

Controversial when it was released for its heavy violence and drug use but has since gone on to be a classic. I thought it was entertaining and it kept me interested for its near 3 hour running time. But the story and characters needed work with Al Pacino essentially holding the film together with his intriguing (to say the least) Cuban accent. Its a remake itself of a film in the 30s but there's plenty of scope in this remake for another reimagining so I'm not surprised to see that work on a new version is well under way.

• Chris Shack

★★★★ Added by Chris Shack

Based on Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Scarface tells the rise and fall of cocaine baron Tony Montana (Pacino) and makes us all wish we were old enough to live through the 80s.

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 18 Apr, 2014

1983's Scarface Is One Of My Favorite Films.

• MasterofMovies

★★★★★ Rewatched by MasterofMovies 14 Apr, 2014

Tony Montana manages to leave Cuba during the Mariel exodus of 1980. He finds himself in a Florida refugee camp but his friend Manny has a way out for them: undertake a contract killing and arrangements will be made to get a green card. He's soon working for drug dealer Frank Lopez and shows his mettle when a deal with Columbian drug dealers goes bad. He also brings a new level of violence to Miami. Tony is protective of his…

• Dan

★★½ Watched by Dan 14 Apr, 2014

‘Say hello to my little friend!’

‘Scarface’ is considered a classic amongst many a film goer, it has a great cultural impact and is a huge influence to the mob film genre. Nonetheless when I watched it I wasn’t really blown away by its content, to be honest I found it boring. Now maybe I am looking at this film retrospectively, I am so used to the specific tropes and themes used in the film that it seems cliché now,…

• Anthony

★★★★★ Watched by Anthony 14 Apr, 2014

One of my favorite movies of all time with some of the most recognizable lines in movie history, including my favorite: "You need people like me..."

• Chevalier

★★★★ Added by Chevalier

Yeah, this movie spawned the careers of dozens of terrible gangsta rappers who think they're so tough cuz they're from da streetz yo! Still, Scarface is a well directed crime epic with iconic moments and performances. We just don't get characters like Tony Montana anymore in the world of cinema.