• Craig Morgan

★★★½ Watched by Craig Morgan 23 Nov, 2014

A movie that, until tonight, was on my list of shame. Now I find myself wishing I had seen it when it came out, since I think it would have hit me harder back then.

It is good, long though I did not get bored, but a bit too stage playish for my liking. Maybe a weird view of a movie with so much swearing and violence, but that is how it struck me. Pacino over emotes and chews the…

• Marcelo Morgade

★★★★★ Rewatched by Marcelo Morgade 23 Nov, 2014

Tony Montana no cinema ! Valeu Cinemark !

• Tim Pommerening

★★ Watched by Tim Pommerening 23 Nov, 2014

Mostly boring

• samuelfb

★★★★★ Added by samuelfb 1

I think quite possible the best movie end I've ever seen , and an irony, I found interesting it is my first post here.

• BLaci

★★★★ Watched by BLaci 17 Nov, 2014

Remek film egy gengszter felemelkedéséről és gyors bukásáról. A film kiválóan bemutatja, hogyan tud egy embert teljesen megváltoztatni a pénz és a hatalom. Tony a végén teljesen kifordul önmagából és a bukása elkerülhetetlenné válik. Az egyetlen dolgot sajnálok, hogy viszonylag kevés volt az akció.

• yrsurfinman

★★½ Watched by yrsurfinman 16 Nov, 2014

I just didn't have much fun with this. I mean, Al Pacino does a lot of cocaine, and it's got a lot of profanity, but it's really talk-y (something de Palma's not great at) and not as stylish as de Palma's best movies. Sometimes it feels like a Coppola picture but just without any subtlety or much interesting characterization. I don't think Stone and de Palma go well together.

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 15 Nov, 2014

1983's Scarface Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because It Turned 30 Years Old Last Year In 2013.

• Chazzbot

★★★★★ Watched by Chazzbot 07 Sep, 2014

Though it has been quoted to death and its lead character held up as an icon of the "gangsta" lifestyle, the film itself remains an appealing demonstration of the epic, triumphant over-reaching of three gifted filmmakers: director, writer, and star. The charm of Tony Montana underscores the character's significance as a model for anti-heroes to come, and the resurgence of gangster iconography in films, music, and television.

The film seems more expensive and violent than it actually is, which is…

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 09 Nov, 2014

1983's Scarface Is One Of My Favorite Films, I Like It Because It Turned 25 Years Old In 2008.

• RogerE

★★★★ Watched by RogerE 09 Nov, 2014

So many famous quotes.
    A long film, but well played out.

• MysticSpoon

★★★ Watched by MysticSpoon 08 Nov, 2014 9

Talk about a film that hasn't aged well. The synth score, the songs, the performances, the sets and overall look, the title cards, the drama,...no thanks. And it's weird too, because I usually love films with a heavy 80s look and feel...not so much this one. I don't know, unlike some other 80s films like The Terminator, Scarface felt exceptionally cheap, fake, and generally speaking just dated in a bad way. And while Al Pacino's performance as Tony Montana might…

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 08 Nov, 2014