• Nick van Lieshout

★★★ Watched by Nick van Lieshout 09 Feb, 2016

♫ This is the tale of Tony Montana ♫
    (This is the tale!)
    Cubano flame, with the Miami nuts.
    (Take it home!)
    Got a basehead wife,
    But her womb is polluted
    This whole town's a pussy, just waiting to get fucked!
    ♫ (Just waitin' to get fucked!) ♫

• Serge The Movie Guy

★★★★½ Rewatched by Serge The Movie Guy 07 Feb, 2016

(Short Review)

It's interesting, the first time I watched this I thought it was kind of overrated. I re-watching it, I don't know what I was thinking. This movie is great. There are a few slow scenes here and there, but still, what a film. I'm going to make this rating higher than what I originally gave it.

Original Grade: 8/10 (B+).

New Grade: 9.2/10 (A).

• jto111

★★★ Added by jto111

A good gangster film starring Al Pacino.

• spyri

★½ Added by spyri 5

Could this be the most overrated film of all time?

• yuna67876

★★★★★ Added by yuna67876

I can not say how many times i seen this film. It one of my favorite mafia movies ever

• Slappy McGee

★★★★½ Watched by Slappy McGee 04 Feb, 2016

Finally saw it.

Really enjoyed the outrageous-ness of this classic.
    Pacino chewing up the scenery right and left. Loved it.

De Palma's push-in close-ups with crazy sound effects were ridiculous but awesome.

Good ol' '80s.

overall (100): 81

61eR ®

• Rick Niley

★★½ Watched by Rick Niley 31 Jan, 2016

While gritty and at times unabashedly violent, Scarface oddly enough suffers from the same trappings as a biopic: wide focus on timelines over thematic cohesion, offscreen plot developments, circuitous character appearances. And, most disappointingly, the film lacks what makes great De Palma films--a trademark knack for the seedy underbelly of human behavior, which would go a long way in rounding out this straightforward crime tragedy.

• UtherPenDagger

★★★★★ Added by UtherPenDagger

One of the most powerful depictions of a anti-hero blowing out into oblivion through the proceeds of the poisoned fruit of crime,
    An inspiration to many, many were called few were chosen like our latest fallen drug warrior "El Chapo Gusman" whom IS/WAS vastly more powerful than Tony ever was, Yet Millions love him and Tony. Brian DeLorentis brilliantly uses real footage of the Cuban,Moriallas Boatlandings, Similar to certain events today of displaced peoples.

• Wayne

★★★★ Rewatched by Wayne 02 Feb, 2016

Too long but none the less one of the most iconic and entertaining gangster/crime film of all time. Al Pacino delivers one of the best performances of his career as Tony Montana, Brain De Palma does a great job behind the directors chair, and it's just so entertaining from start to finish. Worth a watch.

• Zexy

★★★★ Added by Zexy

you'll need whole fucking army to take me
    gucci movie bruv

• Zainal A

★★★★ Watched by Zainal A 20 Jan, 2016

Durasinya filmnya sangatlah panjang, namun mengikuti filmnya seperti menaiki roller coaster. Menyenangkan dan terasa sangat cepat. Membawa kita melihat karakter utama "Si Codet" bertransformasi dari penjahat kelas teri menjadi penjahat kelas hiu yang ditakuti. Penuh liku, godaan dan pengorbanan. Puncak kejayaan yang diraih serta saat remuknya karakter utama di ending. Terasa mengasyikkan, namun perih.

Salah satu performance terbaik Al-Pacino.