• MrPootytang

★★★★ Added by MrPootytang

Before moving to Gotham, Alfred and his "partner" adopt a Robin look-a-like on their gay farm. Being able to see into Alfred's future, Ra's Al Ghul unbeknownst to Alfred sends annoying salesmen and a tiger to his ranch to spot the future Batman accomplices from reaching their destiny.

• Windyblue

★★★½ Added by Windyblue

"With any luck you'll live to a hundred"
    "To hell with that, YOU live to a hundred"

• Morgan_Lightle

★½ Added by Morgan_Lightle

I will admit Robert Duvall and Michael Caine relaxing on a porch shooting traveling salesmen is awesome, but when it's the best part of the movie you know there is a problem.
    Secondhand Lions tells of a young kid dumped by his horrible mother to live with his eccentric uncles for the summer at their Texas ranch. It sounds cliched as hell, and it beyond a doubt is, but somehow the filmmakers eliminate all potential to create a very boring…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 23 Dec, 2007

Secondhand Lions is among the sweetest and most charming family movies I have seen. It had terrific performances by two of the greatest actors of all time: Michael Caine and Robert Duvall, and not far behind was Haley Joel Osment who did a very good job too. It was a fabulous entertainment.

• Elias Tafwed

★★★★½ Added by Elias Tafwed

Criminally underrated.

• Brent Paton

★★★ Added by Brent Paton

Fun movie. Caine and Duvall sitting on the porch with shotguns.

• Travis McClain

★★★★ Rewatched by Travis McClain 03 Aug, 2014

I first saw Secondhand Lions several years ago when it played on TBS on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It was instantly familiar, tapping into influences from A Thousand and One Arabian Nights to The Princess Bride and Ol' Yeller. A story like this can be precarious, because there's a sense that we don't need anyone to reinvent the wheel. Wisely, writer/director Tim McCanlies didn't try.

Seldom have I experienced a film that doesn't really offer anything new that manages to…

• alphonse

★★½ Watched by alphonse 23 Jul, 2014

Cliché is the perfect word for Secondhand Lions, nothing in it seems new or fresh, it feels like we know what is going to happen next because it's just like any other film. It's one of those films that try to both make you laugh through its gags and to move you through some sentimental scenes accompanied by an emotional music score, but, unfortunately, I felt that Tim McCanlies did not use the right tools to move me, even thouh…

• Travis Wagner

★★★½ Rewatched by Travis Wagner 08 Jul, 2014

I appreciate the deep magical realist component to this film, in fact, it is what seems to have drawn me to returning to the film so many years after its release, however, the closing portions of this film are simply too far reaching to work. Indeed, what should work as a stroke of delightful absurdism flails to even work on a conceptually illogical level.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 26 Jun, 2014

STORY 3.5/5
    WRITING 3/5
    ACTING 3.5/5
    MUSIC 3.5/5
    CINEMATOGRAPHY 3/5

My family has two film's which are pretty much claimed the joint family favorites. We've watched these films at least twenty times each. These films are O Brother, Where Art Thou and Secondhand Lions. In the case of O Brother, that's a clearly great film, made by some incredible filmmakers, the Coen brothers. But this film has not received good critical success.

So, during this rewatch, armed with my gathered…

• Amd Moraes

★★★ Added by Amd Moraes

It's a sweet movie.It isn't a big memorable movie, but it's nice to watch.

• Dave

★★★½ Added by Dave

Robert Duvall and Michael Caine are two brothers who decide to spend their last days at their farm shooting at fish and salesmen when suddenly a teenage boy (Haley Joel Osment) is forced to stay with them. It’s not long before the great-Uncles are swapping stories, acting quirky and delivering sage advice to their young nephew.

The film’s a bit rough around the edges, but the charm is abundant and aplenty. Duvall, Caine and Osment are aces and a true joy to watch.