• meghans

★★★★★ Watched by meghans 07 Dec, 2014

My best friend made me sit down and watch this movie, and within ten minutes of it, I fell in love. It's a story of adventure, for sure, and though it may not seem that way at first, you're in for a treat. It's an incredible film, and I would definitely watch it again!

• walatomus27

★★★½ Added by walatomus27

Secondhand lions more like secondhand losers

• MovieMan23

★★½ Added by MovieMan23

Good family movie is fun but, predictable.

• RetroHound

★★★½ Rewatched by RetroHound 16 Nov, 2014 1

This really is pretty good. Part adventure story, part coming-of-age story, it's a real pleasure to watch Duvall and Caine work their magic. I could almost do without the tacked-on ending however.

• Donato De Frenza

★★★★ Added by Donato De Frenza

Dentro de lo redundante es bastante buena. Buenas actuaciones y una historia sencilla, repetida pero bien hecha. Un drama con toques de comedia que sabe llegar a la gente.

• MrPootytang

★★★★ Added by MrPootytang

Before moving to Gotham, Alfred and his "partner" adopt a Robin look-a-like on their gay farm. Being able to see into Alfred's future, Ra's Al Ghul unbeknownst to Alfred sends annoying salesmen and a tiger to his ranch to spot the future Batman accomplices from reaching their destiny.

• Windyblue

★★★½ Added by Windyblue

"With any luck you'll live to a hundred"
    "To hell with that, YOU live to a hundred"

• Morgan_Lightle

★½ Added by Morgan_Lightle

I will admit Robert Duvall and Michael Caine relaxing on a porch shooting traveling salesmen is awesome, but when it's the best part of the movie you know there is a problem.
    Secondhand Lions tells of a young kid dumped by his horrible mother to live with his eccentric uncles for the summer at their Texas ranch. It sounds cliched as hell, and it beyond a doubt is, but somehow the filmmakers eliminate all potential to create a very boring…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 23 Dec, 2007

Secondhand Lions is among the sweetest and most charming family movies I have seen. It had terrific performances by two of the greatest actors of all time: Michael Caine and Robert Duvall, and not far behind was Haley Joel Osment who did a very good job too. It was a fabulous entertainment.

• Elias Tafwed

★★★★½ Added by Elias Tafwed

Criminally underrated.

• Brent Paton

★★★ Added by Brent Paton

Fun movie. Caine and Duvall sitting on the porch with shotguns.

• Travis McClain

★★★★ Rewatched by Travis McClain 03 Aug, 2014

I first saw Secondhand Lions several years ago when it played on TBS on a lazy Sunday afternoon. It was instantly familiar, tapping into influences from A Thousand and One Arabian Nights to The Princess Bride and Ol' Yeller. A story like this can be precarious, because there's a sense that we don't need anyone to reinvent the wheel. Wisely, writer/director Tim McCanlies didn't try.

Seldom have I experienced a film that doesn't really offer anything new that manages to…