• Vishal Verma

★★½ Watched by Vishal Verma 26 Feb, 2015

Probably 10 years ago when I would've been that's kid age in the poster...I could have liked this film, but not right now, somehow!
    But still I finished the movie in one go, so something must have been right in it...it was the duo Micheal Caine and Robert Duvall.

• Dee Summers

★★★★★ Added by Dee Summers

This is a great little story about a boy who is dumped on 2 eccentric uncles by his flighty mother. Although neither he or the uncles like the arrangement, time brings them closer together in ways that none of them new they needed. The boy, never having a good male role model before, learns about love, loyalty, honor, and all the true essential qualities it takes to make a good man. His uncles have stories of great adventures that they undertook in their youth, and each is a fun ride with a poignant message. This is a super family movie. I've enjoyed watching it several times.

• Tim Lawrence

★★★ Added by Tim Lawrence

A pleasant, harmless, inoffensive, and wholly unmemorable little movie.

• Henrik Schunk

★★ Added by Henrik Schunk

Alas, despite the two amazing acting dinosaurs at the helm, I found this to be a rather tedious, formulaic coming-of-age story, which felt much more like a Disney-straight-for-TV production. Mind you, that is not necessarily a bad thing, but it still felt a bit clumsy in its direction. I am not a big fan of flashbacks, they always look cheap and that is what they are, except when the whole film is structured around the past narrative (An American Quilt,…

• meghans

★★★★★ Watched by meghans 07 Dec, 2014

My best friend made me sit down and watch this movie, and within ten minutes of it, I fell in love. It's a story of adventure, for sure, and though it may not seem that way at first, you're in for a treat. It's an incredible film, and I would definitely watch it again!

• walatomus27

★★★½ Added by walatomus27

Secondhand lions more like secondhand losers

• Ben Radetski

★★½ Added by Ben Radetski

Good family movie is fun but, predictable.

• RetroHound

★★★½ Rewatched by RetroHound 16 Nov, 2014 1

This really is pretty good. Part adventure story, part coming-of-age story, it's a real pleasure to watch Duvall and Caine work their magic. I could almost do without the tacked-on ending however.

• Donato De Frenza

★★★★ Added by Donato De Frenza

Dentro de lo redundante es bastante buena. Buenas actuaciones y una historia sencilla, repetida pero bien hecha. Un drama con toques de comedia que sabe llegar a la gente.

• MrPootytang

★★★★ Added by MrPootytang

Before moving to Gotham, Alfred and his "partner" adopt a Robin look-a-like on their gay farm. Being able to see into Alfred's future, Ra's Al Ghul unbeknownst to Alfred sends annoying salesmen and a tiger to his ranch to spot the future Batman accomplices from reaching their destiny.

• Morgan_Lightle

★½ Added by Morgan_Lightle

I will admit Robert Duvall and Michael Caine relaxing on a porch shooting traveling salesmen is awesome, but when it's the best part of the movie you know there is a problem.
    Secondhand Lions tells of a young kid dumped by his horrible mother to live with his eccentric uncles for the summer at their Texas ranch. It sounds cliched as hell, and it beyond a doubt is, but somehow the filmmakers eliminate all potential to create a very boring…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 23 Dec, 2007

Secondhand Lions is among the sweetest and most charming family movies I have seen. It had terrific performances by two of the greatest actors of all time: Michael Caine and Robert Duvall, and not far behind was Haley Joel Osment who did a very good job too. It was a fabulous entertainment.