• alphonse

★★½ Watched by alphonse 23 Jul, 2014

Cliché is the perfect word for Secondhand Lions, nothing in it seems new or fresh, it feels like we know what is going to happen next because it's just like any other film. It's one of those films that try to both make you laugh through its gags and to move you through some sentimental scenes accompanied by an emotional music score, but, unfortunately, I felt that Tim McCanlies did not use the right tools to move me, even thouh…

• Travis Wagner

★★★½ Rewatched by Travis Wagner 08 Jul, 2014

I appreciate the deep magical realist component to this film, in fact, it is what seems to have drawn me to returning to the film so many years after its release, however, the closing portions of this film are simply too far reaching to work. Indeed, what should work as a stroke of delightful absurdism flails to even work on a conceptually illogical level.

• Dominic Cobb

★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Cobb 26 Jun, 2014

STORY 3.5/5
    WRITING 3/5
    ACTING 3.5/5
    MUSIC 3.5/5
    CINEMATOGRAPHY 3/5

My family has two film's which are pretty much claimed the joint family favorites. We've watched these films at least twenty times each. These films are O Brother, Where Art Thou and Secondhand Lions. In the case of O Brother, that's a clearly great film, made by some incredible filmmakers, the Coen brothers. But this film has not received good critical success.

So, during this rewatch, armed with my gathered…

• Amanda Moraes

★★★ Added by Amanda Moraes

It's a sweet movie.It isn't a big memorable movie, but it's nice to watch.

• Dave

★★★½ Added by Dave

Robert Duvall and Michael Caine are two brothers who decide to spend their last days at their farm shooting at fish and salesmen when suddenly a teenage boy (Haley Joel Osment) is forced to stay with them. It’s not long before the great-Uncles are swapping stories, acting quirky and delivering sage advice to their young nephew.

The film’s a bit rough around the edges, but the charm is abundant and aplenty. Duvall, Caine and Osment are aces and a true joy to watch.

• sebastiantwinkl

Watched by sebastiantwinkl 14 Nov, 2013

Not great story wise but gives a good feel.

• greenpen33

★★½ Added by greenpen33

Fun to watch. Always enjoyed watching this as a kid.

• Scalice

★★★★★ Added by Scalice

One of the best films I've ever had the pleasure of viewing.

A funny, tragic, quirky and heart warming story for all to enjoy.

• Peter Szegedi

★★★ Watched by Peter Szegedi 21 Jul, 2013

Próbál meseszerű lenni, és a történet szép is lehetett volna, de a karakterek nem voltak kidolgozottak, és a történet végül nekem kicsit szedett-vetett lett.

• Edgar Cochran

★★½ Added by Edgar Cochran

Easily forgettable, melodramatically incompetent and pretentiously nostalgic "family" garbage that demands audiences to stay away... Very away.

49/100

• TONIHOOVER

★★★ Added by TONIHOOVER

That one kid with the Ghost problems gets to know people before they get creepy and dead.

• Rolly

★★★★★ Added by Rolly

A good story about friendship