• Lights Camera Jackson

★★★★ Watched by Lights Camera Jackson 08 Oct, 2010

The Disney Studios are known for a lot of things, including their real-life sports movies, such as "Miracle", "The Rookie" and "Invincible". The latest to join this team is the true story of the greatest racehorse of all-time and the housewife who owned him.

I realize most adults, even if they're not die-hard horse racing fans, know what Secretariat did during his career. But I'm sure many people, including most kids, don't know the story so I'm not going to…

• Dalton Henderson

★★★½ Added by Dalton Henderson

Not too cliché, entertaining from beginning to end, and freaking John Malkovich is awesome.

• Owen Greenwell

★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 28 May, 2011

Enjoyable, straight forward, sports/against the odds story.

• Joshua Kazemi

★★★★ Added by Joshua Kazemi

Secretariat is what all movies should be at their core: A good story. The film is sweet and heartwarming with pinches of humor and the strength of the human spirit. You'll know the film has you when you can no longer fight the overwhelming urge to shout "Go Big Red!" at the top of your lungs.

• Jason Bally

★★★½ Added by Jason Bally

This could have been a real yawner, but it wasn't at all. A great cast delivers an entertaining movie. Oh, I don't care what bad wig you want to put on Diane Lane, she's still gorgeous.

• Mathew Buck

★★ Watched by Mathew Buck 15 Nov, 2015

Randall Wallace (best known as the writer of Braveheart) helms this Disney true story horse-racing drama, that's family-friendly in the fact it's completely inoffensive, but will absolutely bore the little ones rigid, and likely many adults too. I want to like Diane Lane in this more, as a woman who is not content to be a housewife and stands up in a male-dominated world while dealing with the grief of her parents, but all her dialogue in this film is…

• kaity

Added by kaity

my cousin and i saw this when we were 10 or 11. we asked my uncle to let us leave and he said no

• Dan Slevin

★★★★ Rewatched by Dan Slevin 13 Aug, 2015

I love this film and I don't care who knows it.

• Andrew Willis

★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 15 Oct, 2010

I took the kiddos to the theater this weekend. At first glance it appeared that there was nothing new out this week and surely nothing as eye catching as last weeks The Social Network and Let Me In. I wasn't entirely right, but I wasn't entirely wrong either.

Secretariat is based on the true story of the last horse to win the triple crown and the family that raised him. The movie starts off as pretentious as it is preachy.…

• Woefully Esoteric

★★★ Watched by Woefully Esoteric 26 Apr, 2015

Disney fare.

• awise7

★★★★★ Added by awise7

This movie broke my heart, and changed the way I look at things. I loved it but cannot, for some unfathomable reason, put into words my true feelings for this movie.

• Panta Oz

★★★½ Added by Panta Oz

The two hours of this 2010 biographical film produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Mayhem Pictures won't give you any new breaking directorship skills or camera work... Randall Wallace decided to give us back what movies once had - heart warming and rousing feeling with traditional touch. The film chronicles the life of Secretariat, the 1973 race horse winner of the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing. Diane Lane superbly portrays Secretariat's owner, Penny Chenery, and John Malkovich plays the part…