• kaity

Added by kaity

my cousin and i saw this when we were 10 or 11. we asked my uncle to let us leave and he said no

• Dan Slevin

★★★★ Rewatched by Dan Slevin 13 Aug, 2015

I love this film and I don't care who knows it.

• Andrew Willis

★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 15 Oct, 2010

I took the kiddos to the theater this weekend. At first glance it appeared that there was nothing new out this week and surely nothing as eye catching as last weeks The Social Network and Let Me In. I wasn't entirely right, but I wasn't entirely wrong either.

Secretariat is based on the true story of the last horse to win the triple crown and the family that raised him. The movie starts off as pretentious as it is preachy.…

• Woefully Esoteric

★★★ Watched by Woefully Esoteric 26 Apr, 2015

Disney fare.

• awise7

★★★★★ Added by awise7

This movie broke my heart, and changed the way I look at things. I loved it but cannot, for some unfathomable reason, put into words my true feelings for this movie.

• Panta Oz

★★★½ Added by Panta Oz

The two hours of this 2010 biographical film produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Mayhem Pictures won't give you any new breaking directorship skills or camera work... Randall Wallace decided to give us back what movies once had - heart warming and rousing feeling with traditional touch. The film chronicles the life of Secretariat, the 1973 race horse winner of the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing. Diane Lane superbly portrays Secretariat's owner, Penny Chenery, and John Malkovich plays the part…

• Keenan

★★★½ Watched by Keenan 20 Jan, 2015

Pretty solid horse movie. It tries to connect to the historical setting like Seabiscuit, but it doesn't really do it as well. The rest of the story, while it's what you would expect, is great to watch.

• Marlo Muñoz

★★★ Added by Marlo Muñoz

Entretenidilla, Seabiscuit en versión Disney.

• bitter_enigma

★★ Added by bitter_enigma

The. Dialogue. Was. A. Bit. Stilted.

• Michael Jacobs

★★ Added by Michael Jacobs

Possibly the greatest Thoroughbred of all time does not make for a great movie. Just watch the YouTube clips of his races.

• David O'Reilly

★★½ Watched by David O'Reilly 23 Nov, 2010

Originally published on FrankTheMonkey.com

That the film opens with an inspirational bible quote on determination and self-belief makes it very clear the approach Disney has chosen for their biopic on the ubiquitous race horse. This, like so many films before it, is about the pursuit of the American Dream; about chasing success no matter the cost. The timing of its release is perhaps unfortunate, then, in economic times when things are looking very bleak on this side of the pond.…

• 24thhero

★★★★½ Added by 24thhero

Secretariat is not an "animal" film. It is a serious period drama and a fun adventure, boosted by great performances from the cast and especially Lane. An excellent cinematography and a smartly written script make the film appealing to all ages.