• Dignified

★★★★★ Added by Dignified

An excellent documentary about one of F1's greatest champions. Watching it I felt like Enzo from my favorite book, The Art of Racing in the Rain, would be mesmerized by this.

• jto111

★★★★ Added by jto111

A breathtaking documentary from director Asif Kapadia.

• Steve Pennock

★★★★ Added by Steve Pennock

A haunting look back at the life, career and death of Ayrton Senna, one of the greatest sports person of all time.

One of the best single feature documentaries I have ever seen. The use throughout the film of real live footage is outstanding. It is edited together perfectly to create a real story and it left me not only more educated about the person but about the wider context around him; the sport of F1, his competitors, and his home life.

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★★ Watched by Varghese Eapen 04 Feb, 2016

An adrenaline pumped rush to the head. This exhilarating documentary on one of the greatest icons in Formula One Racing is a masterwork. Period. Here was a soul who was proud of his heritage and Asif Kapadia shows all his natural facets in both extremes.

• amsid

★★★★ Added by amsid

Have you ever started watching a documentary and then forgot it was a documentary in the first place? Senna is put together expertly with old archived footage and voiceovers that flow seamlessly, and I was engrossed right from the get-go. Directing and editing aside, Senna conveys an impactful story - one that resonated with me very strongly.

A tale of a man that epitomized passion, resilience, and the pursuit of perfection for a craft. We are unfortunately left with no choice but to wonder what this man would have achieved had he completed that turn in 1994.

• Hamburger Splash

Watched by Hamburger Splash 31 Jan, 2016

Very well constructed despite the fact it is exclusively made of late 80s/early 90s sports footage and disembodied voice interviews.

I kind of enjoyed it despite having basically no interest in this sport whatsoever.

• James Chadwick

★★★★½ Added by James Chadwick

An expertly crafted documentary with the kind of drive that Senna would be proud of.

• Ahre

★★★½ Watched by Ahre 29 Jan, 2016

Documental muy bien montado (con imágenes reales, por supuesto) acerca de un piloto de carreras muy reconocido en los 80s al ser tri-campeon mundial. Efectivo, y sorprendentemente emotivo, y tomando en cuenta que no me apasiona precisamente la Formula 1 (tampoco los documentales, digo de paso) es bastante decir.

• Sigfred Storstrand

★★½ Watched by Sigfred Storstrand 24 Jan, 2016

I just found it boring really. The basematerial wasn't great, the editing wasn't anything out of the ordinary, and the footage was completely okay.

Just a run of the mill textbook documentary about a story which didn't really need to be told.

• Alexander Båtsvik

★★★½ Watched by Alexander Båtsvik 25 Jan, 2016

I was really in to the whole story and stuff and it was interresting since i didn't know anything about formula-1 at all except for watching Rush. The thing that lost me were the lack of graphics or whatever it's called. It just felt a little naken to me.

• mattsdad

★★★½ Watched by mattsdad 22 Jan, 2016

An interesting tale of passion vs politics.

• Owen Greenwell

★★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 11 Sep, 2011

Riveting and fair portrayal of a complicated person.