• Bruna Rodrigues Ramos

★★★★★ Watched by Bruna Rodrigues Ramos 26 Jul, 2014

Um documentário magnifico, emocionante e perfeito! Conta o seu dia a dia dentro e fora das pistas. Admito que quando acabei de ver fiquei com um nó na garganta. O mais triste é que ele teve que morrer para haver mudanças que há muito já se pedia para mudar na formula 1! Vale mesmo a pena ver !

• Tom Morton

★★★★½ Watched by Tom Morton 23 Jul, 2014

An utterly stunning documentary, pieced together from some wonderful archive footage. I knew the basics of the Ayrton Senna story, but the smaller details - how much of an inspiration he was to the people of Brazil, how you can visibly see interviewers falling in love with him, his arms shaking as he struggles to lift a trophy with battered arms - are what make this an incredibly powerful portrait of a genuinely amazing man.

• Lasse Marhaug

★★★★ Watched by Lasse Marhaug 16 Jul, 2014 3

Speed kills, wow. This certainly lived up to its reputation. Incredibly well-crafted and engaging documentary about the life and death of Brazillian Formula One driver Ayrton Senna. With no talking heads (at least not in the regular version), relying soley on archival footage, the film builds almost like a car race itself.

• Ollie

★★★★ Watched by Ollie 11 Jul, 2014

Solid biographical doc.

Doesn't go too deep just sets out the facts.

I've got a feeling there's a bonafide awesome doc in here delving deeper into the man and his relationship with his family and fellow drivers.

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★★½ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 07 Aug, 2011

Read my NPR review.

• Martyn

★★★★½ Watched by Martyn 04 Jul, 2014

I felt a little cheated after watching this. Ayrton Senna was pretty much portrayed as a pantomime villain in England throughout his career and, fool that am, I was suckered into a false notion of the man based on little more than geographical bias.

After watching this I now see that he was a complex and thoughtful man and certainly not the careless hot head that we Mansell fans were led to believe. He was also clearly extremely talented and…

• luis reséndiz

★★★ Watched by luis reséndiz 22 Jun, 2014 3

tiene defectos --abusa del tecnicismo, no tiene un "centro" claro, así que parece un poco dispersa, un mero recuento de los logros de senna-- pero grandes virtudes o, al menos, características destacables --es una cinta formada solamente con pietaje de la época (#foundfootage), por ejemplo--. ¿el mejor momento? las dos tomas largas, salidas de la cámara en el caso de senna. la segunda es, también, la última que filmó el piloto.

• Eren

★★★★½ Watched by Eren 16 Jun, 2014

Brazilian people need food, education, health and a little bit of joy. And now that joy is gone.

• trolleyfreak

★★★★★ Watched by trolleyfreak 05 Jun, 2014

I don't drive, have no interest whatsoever in cars or Formula One BUT... my word, this was good! Absolutely gripping from start to chequered flag, this brilliant documentary can be enjoyed if you are a petrol head or a back seat driver and is in pole position to finish as the best film I've seen this year..

• filmsrruss

★★★½ Watched by filmsrruss 13 May, 2014

I’ve never cared for Formula 1 at all, but the strength of Senna is such that for 100 minutes I did care. Though I was aware of the final outcome, the way the story is told; Senna’s rivalry with Alain Prost, as well as showing the politics of the various teams, was engrossing. The documentary is made completely with historical footage of races, interviews and home videos; but there is also interview voice over if the footage is silent. In…

• Aldwin1

★★★★ Added by Aldwin1

"Just because I believe in God, just because I have faith in God, it doesn't mean that I'm immune. It doesn't mean that I'm immortal"

• Tim Kong

★★★★ Watched by Tim Kong 24 May, 2014

I remember watching Senna as a kid, and being a fan of Mclaren, only because Senna was there. I remember being shocked when he died.

This film is a beautifully constructed piece, a homage to his life and skills, that doesn't feel overblown. It doesn't over dramatise his life, but I'm sure to others it might whitewash some aspects of his personality.

You realise watching this, how much technology has had an impact on motor racing and in particular F1…