• GeneralCuster

★★★★★ Added by GeneralCuster

This is probably my all time favorite documentary as I have watched it numerous times to date. You don't have to be fan of sports or even the sport of F1 (I had never watched a single F1 race before viewing) to enjoy this film. Senna had this distinct aura to him that draws you into him, not just as an athlete, but more as a human being. If you just give this film a chance I can assure you you will understand. He truly was a class act that most can relate to in some form or another.

• phil haigh

★★½ Watched by phil haigh 10 Apr, 2015

One for afficionados and historians of F1. The Prost/Senna stuff is interesting.

• Stephanie Ireland

★★★★★ Rewatched by Stephanie Ireland 02 Apr, 2015

A remarkable life story told in an immersing and captivating way.

• Jon Mears

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jon Mears 30 Mar, 2015

This is film making at its very best.

Earlier this year I wrote about Foxcatcher, and commented on how it wasn't a story that I believed needed to be dramatised. It was pretty average and not worthy of the effort, maybe a documentary would have sufficed. Senna's only similarity with Foxcatcher is that a documentary will also suffice.

This film entwines the tale of one of the greatest talents this world has ever seen with excitement, tension, emotion and brilliant…

• sophomore

★★★★★ Added by sophomore

You are witnessing a true legend

• Brian Hann

★★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

Even for non-f1 fans this is an incredibly gripping movie. It is a documentary charting the racing career of arguably the great F1 driver Ayrton Senna. It starts with Senna speaking in voiceover and ends with the same voiceover. By the end these same words give w very different meaning. The in car footage of an early Monaco Grand Prix is simply astonishing. Excellent poignant movie

• Ruth

★★★★ Watched by Ruth 22 Feb, 2015

Senna is that rare sports documentary that rises to the top tier of sports films in general. The story, or at least the way it is presented here in all its glorification, is mesmerising, exhilarating and heart-breaking. It's probably the best thing to ever come out of F1.

I have no memory of Ayrton Senna whatsoever. The Senna era happened during my early childhood (when we didn't even own a TV), and even beyond that F1 has only ever existed…

• L

★★★★½ Watched by L 18 Feb, 2015

Incredibly engaging with great use of archival material with overlaid interviews. There are no talking heads here, sound bites, newly recorded or previously available are used in combination with the image.

• Steven Flores

Watched by Steven Flores 09 Feb, 2015

A truly exhilarating and heartbreaking portrait on one of the greatest Formula One racers that ever lived in Ayrton Senna as it's told with such style and warmth about the late racer.

• ScndlsMndls

★★★★ Added by ScndlsMndls

Really good documentary using archived footage from this racing legend. Worth a watch for any racing or sports enthusiast

• JaviOsuna

★★★★★ Watched by JaviOsuna 06 Feb, 2015

"El pueblo de Brasil necesita alimentos, necesita sanidad, educación, alegría...y él era la alegría".

Un virtuoso de su deporte, alguien capaz de llevar la técnica hasta límites que ningún otro piloto había conseguido nunca, díscolo con las élites administrativas y de poder, contrario a los juegos de política y dinero que hay detrás del deporte de élite, señalado como oveja negra y torpedeado desde dentro, ídolo de masas y que murió joven, en un accidente, mientras competía. Es una de…

• Uran Isaacs

★★★★½ Rewatched by Uran Isaacs 23 Jan, 2015

still one of my favorites and all time greats.