• pepito pea

★★★★ Watched by pepito pea 23 Nov, 2015

if you never fly too close to the sun, you will never touch the face of god.

• Milo

★★★★½ Watched by Milo 23 Nov, 2015

Film 15/30 of Scavenger Hunt 8!
    Task 17. "A film featuring car racing!" (Doesn't have to be Formula 1, any movie featuring a car race is OK!): letterboxd.com/milo123/list/scavenger-hunt-november-2015/
    2010 Films Ranked!: letterboxd.com/milo123/list/milo123s-2010-films-ranked/

I don't follow Formula 1 religiously (sure, I watch the highlights occasionally on BBC IPlayer when I have nothing better to do), but I'm interested in watching movies about the sport. Ron Howard's Rush, depicting the rivalry between Niki Lauda and James Hunt (both of whom are mentioned…

• Alexandra Lagerwey

★★★★ Watched by Alexandra Lagerwey 18 Nov, 2015

Meticulously made. I have zero interest in racing of any kind but I was captivated by the entire film.

Much like Amy, Asif Kapadia knows how to get to the heart of the person, strip away the bullshit and leave you feeling educated and satisfied.

Though perhaps stay away from the extended edition. I didn't realise I had that version and some of the extended interviews may be interesting to racing fanatics, but for me they didn't add much.

• Daniel Kuritskiy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Kuritskiy 11 Nov, 2015

Completely engrossing from beginning to end, Senna is not only an incredibly crafted tribute to one of the all-time greatest sport legends, but also one of the greatest documentaries ever made. Much like with Amy, Asif Kapadia shows his remarkable talent of creating compelling and fascinating stories, with only archival footage and making it into a fully cinematic experience. It is an absolutely groundbreaking achievement and an outstanding piece of storytelling.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Zac Holly

Added by Zac Holly

A well told and dramatic story about a sports star I knew nothing about. I watched the directors cut which seemed a bit overlong so I would prob recommend the theatrical release.

• Conan Tan

★★★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 13 Oct, 2015

Another example of the technician versus the performer in which Senna is the latter. Everything is political even the ones that are recreational in nature.

• Andrew Wilkins

★★★★★ Added by Andrew Wilkins

There really is no equal.

• Janis Berzins

Watched by Janis Berzins 26 Oct, 2015

Incredible documentary and incredible personality. Pure talent meets formula 1 politics.

• Trevor Church

★★★★½ Rewatched by Trevor Church 22 Oct, 2015

One of the coolest documentaries I've ever seen.

• Daniel Mármol

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Mármol 11 Oct, 2015

En este increíble documental, Ayrton Senna dice algo acerca de como no se siente feliz del todo a sus 31 años, pero que todavía le quedaba mucho por vivir, ya que posiblemente estaba en la mitad de su vida. Esa frase, muestra el verdadero significado de la vida y nos deja claros que hay que 'vivir el momento' por muy trillado que suene, pero es así como podremos disfrutar y apreciar todos esos altibajos que la vida nos ofrece.

• Agnis

★★★★★ Watched by Agnis 11 Oct, 2015

A fantastic documentary about a very interesting man. More drama and story than your average fiction drama.