• Taylor Kimmett

★★★★½ Rewatched by Taylor Kimmett 26 Jul, 2015

There's something oddly alluring and captivating about footage from the 80s and 90s. Kapadia's decision to replace the usual filmed interview format of documentaries with purely archival footage of races and interviews with Senna works greatly to enrich the storytelling. The world of Formula 1 seems very ripe with these sort of stories involving often tragic dedication to and pursuit of greatness, most likely because of the high stakes inherent to driving these remarkable machines. Senna's story, based solely on…

• Nuru

★★★★ Watched by Nuru 26 Jul, 2015

Hits you right in the feels. The way the film shows this was always a possibility- from the car, to the circuit, to Ayrton Senna's 100% commitment personality made the inevitable even more devastating.

• Rob Langham

★★★★ Watched by Rob Langham 23 Jul, 2015

Top Gear and the way people drive on Britain’s roads have taken the sheen off anything to do with cars for me - although in a previous era, I did follow Formula 1 to a degree. That period is captured brilliantly in this tremendous documentary, pieced together lovingly via archive footage and similar in approach to the director’s later, ‘Amy’.

The pre-race drivers’ meetings are particularly gripping along with the corruption and national bias present in the international organising body…

• gurududa

★★★★ Watched by gurududa 24 Jul, 2015

There is a lot to go, a lot to learn, a lot do, but I have plenty of time.

• Guzo

★★★½ Watched by Guzo 20 Jul, 2015

Tops :
    + Great Story, great man
    + Good work on showing old race footage in HD
    + Enjoyed the political aspect of F1 depicted
    + Ayrton Senna vs. Prost, the rivalry

Flops :
    - Some pacing issues : it goes from taking its time in the beginning to jumping time a lot towards the end
    - Interviews are very limited (family and journalists) and the analysis on the accident is quite limited

• J Money

★★★½ Watched by J Money 18 Jul, 2015

"Sid, I can't quit."

• MissMacGuffin

★★★★ Watched by MissMacGuffin 17 Jul, 2015

Un retrato muy potente no sólo de Ayrton Senna, sino de la evolución de al Fórmula 1 hacia el negocio que es ahora. La escena del funeral de Senna es realmente impresionante.

• Alexander V

★★★★ Watched by Alexander V 14 Jul, 2015

Brilliant documentary detailing the story of Ayrton Senna, one of the best drivers in F1 ever. Highlighting the animosity between Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna which provided the F1 with their own Beatles vs The Rolling Stones eternal fight over who was best.

• Josh Brooks

★★★ Watched by Josh Brooks 15 Jul, 2015

Senna, my grandfather (Pa)'s favourite racer and one of my mother's as well. Racing has always been a big part of my life at least from a distance. I dig racing, but I don't have as much patience for it as the rest of my family except F1. Despite the dickheaded establishment behind it and the Fifa levels of money and corruption, there's something just awesome (for lack of a better word) about the spectacle of the racing.

The riveting…

• Pax

★★★★ Watched by Pax 13 Jul, 2015

A heart-wrenching doc. As someone who's trying to get into Formula 1, this did nothing but further romanticize the sport to new heights for me. However, this wasn't a perfectly made doc. My biggest complaint was the length. I don't care how interesting the subject matter is, 2 hours and 42 minutes is a long long long time especially for a documentary.

• Alex Kolpan

★★★★ Watched by Alex Kolpan 12 Jul, 2015

Compromised entirely of stock footage, the movie makes you legitimately feel like you are living out each moment with Senna. You take on the weight of the world as he takes on his own force with God. You are in every race, every victorious moment, every emotional pitfall, and you are with him in death. A truly visceral documentary that I wont be forgetting anytime soon.

• Mrchef

Watched by Mrchef 11 Jul, 2015

A very tragic film that has a foregone conclusion. The moment in the film when he wins the Brazilian Grand Prix and struggles to lift the cup above his head says it all. This was an extraordinary talented man who inspired millions but was ultimately driven too far by his ambitions and success to know when to stop.