• Frank Costa

★★★★½ Added by Frank Costa

Absolutely loved this movie...

• Curtis

★★★★★ Added by Curtis

This thrilling documentary about the career of a Formula One race car driver uses only archival footage of its subject with little (or no) narration. It plays out like a Shakespearean tragedy, made all the more tragic because it actually happened.

• Arham Tirmizi

★★★★ Watched by Arham Tirmizi 21 Aug, 2014

A must watch for all fans of formula 1 and for all those who aren't. The story of one the greatest sporting heroes of the 20th century.

• JesseSP

★★★★★ Watched by JesseSP 03 May, 2014

Fantastic. The usage of actual footage is brilliant.

• Jepperd

★★★★ Watched by Jepperd 14 Aug, 2014

GOTTA GO FAST!

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

A documentary or biography of Formula One legend Ayrton Senna, who became a global sensation, and a revered man in his native Brazil, before meeting a sudden, tragic end at only 34 years of age. I always like like when I a Documentary I start to do research on that one person and this movie hit it in the spot.

• Cappie Chamberlain

★★★ Watched by Cappie Chamberlain 31 Jul, 2014

Surprised by the acclaim Senna has received. I don't love Formula 1, but I watch it occasionally and I have a co-worker that lives and breathes it. I guess through the conversations with him and through the reading I've done myself about the sport, I've learnt enough about Ayrton Senna to see this is a skin-deep doco at best. One that is mostly just a highlights package rather than a proper revelatory piece of non-fiction film-making.

Senna is certainly well…

• FilmGirl 846

★★½ Added by FilmGirl 846

Well, I know that people love this film but I feel that if you are not a huge race car aficionado it comes off as very very boring and feels about five hours long. Maybe you're not supposed to watch it if you don't love racing, but I think a great doc about anything should at least somewhat pull an uninformed viewer in to the story. Unfortunately, this one did not. The stars it did get in my rating is…

• Bruna Rodrigues Ramos

★★★★★ Watched by Bruna Rodrigues Ramos 26 Jul, 2014

Um documentário magnifico, emocionante e perfeito! Conta o seu dia a dia dentro e fora das pistas. Admito que quando acabei de ver fiquei com um nó na garganta. O mais triste é que ele teve que morrer para haver mudanças que há muito já se pedia para mudar na formula 1! Vale mesmo a pena ver !

• Tom Morton

★★★★½ Watched by Tom Morton 23 Jul, 2014

An utterly stunning documentary, pieced together from some wonderful archive footage. I knew the basics of the Ayrton Senna story, but the smaller details - how much of an inspiration he was to the people of Brazil, how you can visibly see interviewers falling in love with him, his arms shaking as he struggles to lift a trophy with battered arms - are what make this an incredibly powerful portrait of a genuinely amazing man.

• Lasse Marhaug

★★★★ Watched by Lasse Marhaug 16 Jul, 2014 3

Speed kills, wow. This certainly lived up to its reputation. Incredibly well-crafted and engaging documentary about the life and death of Brazillian Formula One driver Ayrton Senna. With no talking heads (at least not in the regular version), relying soley on archival footage, the film builds almost like a car race itself.

• Ollie

★★★★ Watched by Ollie 11 Jul, 2014

Solid biographical doc.

Doesn't go too deep just sets out the facts.

I've got a feeling there's a bonafide awesome doc in here delving deeper into the man and his relationship with his family and fellow drivers.