• Mendonza

★★★★★ Watched by Mendonza 30 Sep, 2015

A masterclass in editing, Senna tells us the story of the best Formula One driver to have ever lived - from his first race to his last.

• Ilgvars Čevers

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ilgvars Čevers 28 Sep, 2015

Asif Kapadia creates a gripping documentary with the use of masterful thriller-like pacing and an exceptional use of archival footage, yet never losing touch of a very human and touching story.

Hopefully, (from what I've heard it really is), Kapadia's latest feature "Amy" is a worthy follow-up

• np1048

★★★★½ Rewatched by np1048 28 Aug, 2015

Asif Kapadia has to be one of the most dedicated documentary film makers. After seeing his excellent 'Amy' I had to revisit this masterful study of the late great driver. Asif's relentless efforts to find footage and edit to a natural film experience void of talking heads is impressive and should be the example of how the genre should be rather than an exception. Not an info dump, but art.

• bookshopgirl212

★★★★ Watched by bookshopgirl212 09 Sep, 2015

Clearly the work of people who love this remarkable driver; i wish the documentary was a bit more balanced- but I get it's about his passion.

• MrJago

★★★½ Watched by MrJago 09 Sep, 2015

As a non F1 watcher I found this interesting but a bit underwhelming storytelling wise.

• matthewmarkham

★★★★½ Added by matthewmarkham

Well edited documentary.

• Brian Stack

★★★ Watched by Brian Stack 21 Jun, 2014

From his Formula One debut in 1984 to his death at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix, Brazilian motor-racer Ayrton Senna dominated the sport.

My knowledge of motor racing ends with NASCAR and the Indianapolis 500. Formula One is a mystery to me. I’m familiar with names like Michael Schumacher and Mario Andretti, but that’s the limit of my expertise.

I hadn't heard of Senna or his rival Alain Prost before. It was interesting to watch their rivalry develop, but…

• Sebastian Borrazas

★★★½ Watched by Sebastian Borrazas 22 Aug, 2015

Emotional and entertaining story. Still, it unnecessarily portraits some of the people as evil or unethical, which I do not agree with.

• Guy Incognito

★★★½ Rewatched by Guy Incognito 21 Aug, 2015

Alain Prost is a marvellous villain.

• Curty

★★★★ Added by Curty

What a great documentary about the best driver of all time. It´s brilliant to hear the voices of so many comrades and rivals. Also you can see the progress of safety in formula one.

• Sam Denyer

★★★★★ Watched by Sam Denyer 14 Aug, 2015

I don't follow Formula One, but this was an absolutely brilliant documentary: thrilling, informative, emotionally resonant and, crucially, a rounded, honest look at Senna. One of the best films I've seen in a long time.

• kriss_c

★★★★★ Watched by kriss_c 19 May, 2011

Angemessenes Portrait einer Legende.