• Sean Wu

★★★★ Watched by Sean Wu 12 Dec, 2014

'Senna' is a miracle of editing. Using only pre-existing recordings and footage to make the film, Kapadia and his producers have constructed something both thrilling and informative. It's evident that the team behind 'Senna' had a lot of material to work with (almost every year was reduced to the final race), so for some odd reason I thought I was cheated from the complete film.

Roger Ebert said that no great movie is too long, and no bad movie is…

• Ed Glendenning

★★★½ Watched by Ed Glendenning 06 Dec, 2014

An affectionate telling of a remarkable story. Senna is an in-depth study of a mythical man with unrivalled talent.

• sawyer106

★★★★ Watched by sawyer106 12 Dec, 2014

Fantastic documentary about Formula One's greatest driver. I do not know very much about the sport, but this was still an excellent documentary and I was interested the entire time. The ending was very touching, seeing how much Senna meant to the people of Brazil.

• Projectmarco

★★★★ Watched by Projectmarco 09 Dec, 2014

Documentary about Formula One race car driver Ayrton Senna. The film focuses mostly on his three world championships and his rivalry with Alain Prost. Very entertaining and no you don't have to be a F1 fan to enjoy it. I do wish the film delved more into his personal life or his obsessive and perfectionist side, or even more into the politics of the sport. Nevertheless, we get a good idea of what Senna was like, thanks to the director's effort in putting all this archival footage together. About as good, if not better than last year's Rush.

• Sc8lo

★★★★½ Watched by Sc8lo 06 Jun, 2011

A superb documentary whether you are a fan or not. I never heard of Senna before this and wouldn't have been an F1 fan but i couldn't get enough of this. The two main factors were the way the documentary is made up of all stock/actual footage and the fact he was a great character. The adrenalin of the F1 was also enthralling.

• Pete Laurie

★★★★ Watched by Pete Laurie 05 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Gvas

★★★★ Watched by Gvas 26 Nov, 2014

At first you learn how to walk. And then you start running. You might hurt yourself or others on the process but you keep running. You might fall but you get up and you continue to run. You try to outrun others, you try to outrun yourself. And then one day for no apparent reason Someone, somewhere decides that the running is over.

And that's cruel. And insufferable.

• Chrisowski

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chrisowski 23 Nov, 2014 2

Lewis Hamilton - F1 World Champion 2014

Today Lewis Hamilton became a double world champion.

His inspiration was Ayrton Senna, triple world champion.

Just wanted to commemorate a day worthy of commemoration.

Hopefully another title on its way to draw even with his idol.

Well done Lewis. You are an inspiration. Just as Ayrton was to you.

• russman

★★★★ Watched by russman 17 Nov, 2014 3

I like how the one Formula 1 official in the meeting about the tires and cones had a bunch of doodles on the back of his list of regulations

• Antonio Sánchez

★★★★½ Rewatched by Antonio Sánchez 02 Nov, 2014

La vida de un hito en la historia de la fórmula 1. Un piloto apasionado, siempre sonriente, competitivo y querido por todos los amantes de este deporte. Su vida retrata fielmente lo que fue y lo que ha sido. El usar material original grabado ha sido todo un acierto. Haber intentado representar su vida no habría sido lo mismo. Senna fue de los que se fueron pronto y de los que dejaron huella. Para todos los amantes de la fórmula 1.

• Alex S

★★★★½ Added by Alex S

Great well crafted doc, no voiceover, no title cards, no talking head interviews, just archival footage of a good story. Amazing work

• chandrukrish24

★★★★ Watched by chandrukrish24 01 Nov, 2014

Senna - The Best documentary in the genre. so much emotions and so much drama that it almost feels like a motion picture than a docu. #MindBlown #MustMustWatch