• Danielle McCallion

★★★★ Watched by Danielle McCallion 21 Jun, 2015

No recent footage, no interviews, no bells, no whistles. A really exceptional piece of unconventional filmmaking.

• Rucavanné van Wyk

★★★ Watched by Rucavanné van Wyk 17 Jun, 2015

Film S of My A-Z Movie Challenge
    ____________________
    The documentary feature on the racing life, and his untimely death, of one of Formula One's greatest ever racing drivers - Ayrton Senna. It is mainly based on old racing - and family footage, and has no retrospective video interviews nor any formal commentary.

The story is centred around the years of 1984-1994 (Senna's professional F1 career) and a focal point is placed on his fierce rivalry with French driver Alain Prost.…

• rakeshm

★★★★ Watched by rakeshm 22 Aug, 2013

A gripping portrayal of a complicated intelligent and highly talented man who happened to be the greatest driver of all. The narrative works partuclarly well with no single dominant voice over. Letting the mans own words narrate his own story. Worth it just to get a sense of who this famous guy was.

• JaySalahi

★★★★ Watched by JaySalahi 12 Jul, 2012

B+ (89)

• Mason McCabe

★★★★★ Added by Mason McCabe

The best film of 2010, documentary or otherwise. And I could care less about F1 racing. A must watch.

• Lazuardi Al-Muzaki

★★★★★ Watched by Lazuardi Al-Muzaki 07 Jun, 2015

Senna is a deep-emotional documentary about the light-hearted Formula One's legendary facing a pressure of politics, money, rivalry, personal ego and image of Brazil. A depressing one

• mooppan

★★★★★ Added by mooppan

If I had to recommend a Documentary, this would be it!

• James

★★★★★ Added by James

I cried.

A lot.

• nici

★★★★½ Added by nici

I've never had any interest in racing but I still really, really enjoyed this.

• pombo

★★★★½ Watched by pombo 28 May, 2015

Great doc.

• Roni Laukkarinen

★★★★½ Watched by Roni Laukkarinen 10 May, 2015

A well made documentary about one of the most legendary F1 drivers in the world. Really compelling story and blast to the past. Recommended.

• MJJEFF1

★★★★★ Watched by MJJEFF1 20 May, 2015

Unbelievable documentary. The brilliantly edited footage collected from numerous newsreels gives the audience an incredible insight into Aryton Senna's F1 career. This creates an exciting, tense and emotional story of a legendary racing driver.